Raphael Varane

Page 5 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Raphael Varane

Post by EarlyPrototype on Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:18 am

I really don't think he will get much playing time.

EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Omniscient on Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:29 am

I can see him playing a decent amount of games if Garay is sold, Mateos goes elsewhere, and the Coentrao deal never comes to fruition. Honestly, I would take him over Albiol, especially as Pepe's backup.

Omniscient
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One on Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:31 pm

hes better than garay or albiol, or atleast will be, i cann see him getting good playing time if he comess here.

anyways coentrao is coming and varane stays in france on loan, no biggy

First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 on Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:34 pm

you guys are making some wild claims. I reckon he is the hot new toy, but he isnt on garay or Albiol level. he might overshadow both n talent, but he is at that level just yet. lets not overhype him, playing for Lens is nothing like playing for RM.

Madridista naci.. Vikingo sere y Merengue Moriré
Mr Nick09
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:37 pm

Varane is not a 2011-2012 signing. Most likely, 2014 onwards. That's why i was pretty chagrined that he decided to come to Madrid. It's a young players' cemetery here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx on Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:34 pm

So he's in our squad for next season?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:34 pm

sportsczy wrote:Varane is not a 2011-2012 signing. Most likely, 2014 onwards. That's why i was pretty chagrined that he decided to come to Madrid. It's a young players' cemetery here.

Uhhh no.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:52 pm

Crimson wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Varane is not a 2011-2012 signing. Most likely, 2014 onwards. That's why i was pretty chagrined that he decided to come to Madrid. It's a young players' cemetery here.

Uhhh no.....

Ok oh wise one. Please provide us with your insight. Make sure you add some statistics in there so that you have some basis to your argument... football knowledge is not one of them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:56 pm

sportsczy wrote:
Crimson wrote:

Uhhh no.....

Ok oh wise one. Please provide us with your insight. Make sure you add some statistics in there so that you have some basis to your argument... football knowledge is not one of them.

Maybe you should join the Barcelona forum, they love to put down our club all the time, you would fit right in lol

These few players would disagree...

Marcelo
Higuain
Ozil
Di Maria
Ramos
Khedira

Last edited by Crimson on Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels on Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:58 pm

Not again.. Very Happy
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:58 pm

Crimson wrote:
sportsczy wrote:
Crimson wrote:

Uhhh no.....

Maybe you should join the Barcelona forum, they love to put down our club all the time, you would fit right in lol

So you actually have nothing to argue with... you're just making baseless responses. Good for you. Keep working on that journalism degree.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:00 pm

sportsczy wrote:
Crimson wrote:
sportsczy wrote:
Crimson wrote:

Uhhh no.....

So you actually have nothing to argue with... you're just making baseless responses. Good for you. Keep working on that journalism degree.

Marcelo
Higuain
Ozil
Di Maria
Ramos
Khedira

Edit: Actually we can even put Casillas in that list lmao

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:09 pm

Crimson wrote:
sportsczy wrote:
Crimson wrote:
sportsczy wrote:
Crimson wrote:

Uhhh no.....

Marcelo
Higuain
Ozil
Di Maria
Ramos
Khedira

Marcelo and Higuain are the only two we promoted as bonafide A team players that were youth prospects with little or no top flight experience. I can go through a list of many, many castilla and highly inexperienced youth signings that Madrid did not promote or play. Most Madrid fans know that our Castilla system is not made to bring players to the Madrid A squad, but to make money by selling the talent.

Ozil, Di Maria and Khedira were established players in bonafide top leagues before they came here. Even Ramos had a full season with Sevilla before we signed him. These are not the same type of signings as Varane.

Anything else?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:11 pm

sportsczy wrote:
Crimson wrote:
sportsczy wrote:
Crimson wrote:
sportsczy wrote:
Crimson wrote:

Uhhh no.....

Marcelo
Higuain
Ozil
Di Maria
Ramos
Khedira

Marcelo and Higuain are the only two we promoted as bonafide A team players that were youth prospects with little or no top flight experience. I can go through a list of many, many castilla and highly inexperienced youth signings that Madrid did not promote or play. Most Madrid fans know that our Castilla system is not made to bring players to the Madrid A squad, but to make money by selling the talent.

Ozil, Di Maria and Khedira were established players in bonafide top leagues before they came here. Even Ramos had a full season with Sevilla before we signed him. These are not the same type of signings as Varane.

Anything else?

You said and I quote:
It's a young players' cemetery here.

And I refuted saying it's not and showed evidence

Adding stipulations after the fact does not change anything, you were wrong.

Edit: It's very sad I have to defend Real Madrid CF on a Real Madrid board against a Real Madrid fan ....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:18 pm

Crimson wrote:
sportsczy wrote:
Crimson wrote:
sportsczy wrote:
Crimson wrote:
sportsczy wrote:
Crimson wrote:

Uhhh no.....

Marcelo
Higuain
Ozil
Di Maria
Ramos
Khedira

Anything else?

You said and I quote:

Oh i see... so because you misunderstood my meaning, just as i misunderstood yours with the domestic goals, makes your interpretation correct? At least, once i realized my error, i admitted i was wrong. In your case, you are too proud to admit that you misinterpreted my meaning. Are you sure you've hit puberty?

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc on Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:19 pm

A young player's cemetery is certainly a rather harsh description of Real Madrid no? Yes, the Bernabeu has shown it can be a very unforgiving place to those who are not weary but Real Madrid has developed a good bit of youngsters quite well if I'm not mistaken and like all clubs (note, ALL CLUBS), some youngsters make it the grade, many don't.

Not that I wanna get involve in this minor squabble taking place but I do wish we could give Real Madrid a bit of the benefit of the doubt in that they know what they are doing...

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:22 pm

sportsczy wrote:
Crimson wrote:
sportsczy wrote:
Crimson wrote:
sportsczy wrote:
Crimson wrote:
sportsczy wrote:
Crimson wrote:

Uhhh no.....

Marcelo
Higuain
Ozil
Di Maria
Ramos
Khedira

Anything else?

You said and I quote:

Oh i see... so because you misunderstood my meaning, just as i misunderstood yours with the domestic goals, makes your interpretation correct? At least, once i realized my error, i admitted i was wrong. In your case, you are too proud to admit that you misinterpreted my meaning. Are you sure you've hit puberty?

Again with the personal insults

And you call me immature lmao

In this case you were just plain wrong and then attempted to back track your way out of it and failed.

It's a huge misconception that Real Madrid wastes youth quite often, promoted by Barcelona and it's fans, that's why it annoys me to see an actual Madrid fan spreading that crap here.

You look at most major clubs in the world and their situation with youth players and younger players brought into the team and its either exactly the same or quite often it's alot worse

The only reason the spotlight is on us is because of Barcelona's squad and the general media scrutiny of the Spanish press.

Did not think I had to explain this here....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:23 pm

Doc wrote:A young player's cemetery is certainly a rather harsh description of Real Madrid no? Yes, the Bernabeu has shown it can be a very unforgiving place to those who are not weary but Real Madrid has developed a good bit of youngsters quite well if I'm not mistaken and like all clubs (note, ALL CLUBS), some youngsters make it the grade, many don't.

Not that I wanna get involve in this minor squabble taking place but I do wish we could give Real Madrid a bit of the benefit of the doubt in that they know what they are doing...

My only point Doc is that you better be have established yourself somewhere else first before you come to Madrid. The odds of being able to crack the starting squad here with little or no experience is very, very low. It's not Madrid's fault... we're just not the kind of club that can afford to let kids learn on the job in most cases. We allowed Marcelo to do it and, as painful as it was initially, he made it happen for himself. Higuain was also able to fight thru the many obstacles. These guys are the exception though, not the rule. In most cases, you're better off playing for another club before coming here.

Just my opinion though. I'm not imposing it on anyone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos on Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:36 pm

I'm happy about this signing.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:38 pm

As far as a comparison to other elite clubs... it's not the same with Madrid. We usually have WC players backup WC players. Nowhere in the world do you have the quality of starters or bench as you do with Madrid. Even Barca, after their top 11, have a lot of youth doing the backup duty. We have Kaka, Benzema, Albiol, Arbeloa, Garay, Gago and Lass as our true backups that get regular playing time (when healthy lol). All these guys are NT starters and they sit on our bench.

Madrid is just very, very tough. That may change under Mou. But i don't see it so far.

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA on Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:43 pm

Our defence is looking good for the future.

With Coentrao:

Coentrao-Pepe-Ramos-Marcelo
Backups Carvalho, Albiol, Arbeloa and Varane in a year or whenever.

Without:

Arbeloa-Pepe-Ramos-Marcelo
Backups Carvalho, Albiol, then Nacho and Varane will make an amazing roster.

Thing is, we dont have a proper RB for the future. Maybe Carvajal?
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Margera on Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:46 pm

i don't really understand this signing either, i don't see mou giving the nod for him over albiol / garay. this signing feels like a canales v2 situation for me.

nevertheless i hope he makes it in here !
Margera
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:47 pm

Carvajal is the future. He is, by far, our best defensive prospect. He just needs a couple of years and one year of training on loan at another club. You need to get your feet wet as a corner defender. A lot of responsibility.

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA on Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:53 pm

sportsczy wrote:Carvajal is the future. He is, by far, our best defensive prospect. He just needs a couple of years and one year of training on loan at another club. You need to get your feet wet as a corner defender. A lot of responsibility.

Nacho really impressed me when he was playing with the team. Not amazing, but solid and mature. Hes a left sided Arbeloa v2.0. Our defence doesnt really need further modification beyond this Varane signing, the promotion of Nacho and Carvajal, and a temporary RB solution. Carvalho is retiring anyway, and Im pretty sure Albiol will be pushed out by these young stars.
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun on Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:02 am

So he'll come and Mou handpicked him... No way, we'll loan him out Very Happy
@ Saetablanca, I really hope that Carvajal replaces Lolbiol as the Spanish CB in the team Very Happy

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx on Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:26 pm

Apparently Varane will arrive in Madrid tomorrow for his medical and to sign the contract.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top