Raptorgunner
Freeza
Onyx
18 posters

Page 3 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Go down

NBA 2K13 Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: NBA 2K13 Thread

Post by Onyx Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:13 pm

Thinking of selling this game, haven't played in a while, also 2k13 will out soon I think.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:36 am

I downloaded a roster with the draftpicks signed to their teams + a couple of the FA signings. Started a franchise with the Pistons. Traded Villanueva to the Suns for a 2nd rounder, then traded Gordon, Prince and a 2nd to Memphis for Rudy Gay.

PG-B.Knight
SG-R.Stuckey
SF-R.Gay
PF-G.Monroe
C-A.Drummond

with: Will Bynum, English, Singler, Middeton, Jerebko, Daye, Maxiell and Ben Wallace on the bench.

Monroe is a beast already
Drummond is a 68 with 99 potential Cool

Last edited by dmize on Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:37 am; edited 1 time in total
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:37 am

What's the name of the update you downloaded?
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:40 am

Barrettinator wrote:What's the name of the update you downloaded?

I DL'd 2, I'm not sure which I'm using now but it's either "2012-13 Roster(06-30-12)" or the Operation Sports one "OS Sports 2k13 update"
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:33 am

Anyone here have trouble playing with friends? Lately when me and friends are in a locker room, we can't start the game anymore.. Don't know wtf is wrong since it used to work fine before

Also is there a way to use the classic teams online?
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:34 pm

Was going to make a new thread but I'll just bump this.

Anyone playing 2k13?

I started a MyCareer as a 6'8 SF and got drafted by the Nuggets of all teams :facepalm: with 3 SF's ahead of me. I forgot they play Iggy at SG so I only had to beat out Galo and Chandler which I just did to get in the starting lineup. Putting up about 16ppg at this point. Javale McGee is a damn beast in this game, he puts up about 20/10 every game.

The presentation of myCareer is a lot better now. More options, you can talk to the GM about 8-10 different topics, coach feedback during the games, etc.

The major change is the right stick now controls isomotion dribbling. It took me some time to get used to it, but when you do it's a lot easier to do crossovers, spins, and all that. Like a simple hesitation crossover, is just right stick flicked toward the ball hand, and then flick to the opposite side, no turbo til the end.

MyTeam is new too, it's supposed to be like Ultimate Team I guess. It looks pretty cool, although there's no user market. I didn't know they had Legends in it as well, until I played some kid with '94 Shaq Shocked

dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:59 pm

I am.

I havent actually done McCareer, I just aint feeling it for some reason. I started something similar, maybe it was MyCareer but I started with Orlando Shaq and went to Orlando. Got bored dominating and aint played since. Got double teamed everytime I touched the ball and still put up 30 lol

I am doing association right now with the Celtics. Traded Bradley and a 2nd rounder for Paul George, moving Lee into the starting line up.

My logic was Lee is just as good a defender as Brad and can hit the corner 3.

More minutes for Terry and Barbosa. George plays some 2 against big 2 guards and back up PP. Everything else is the same.

George I have a feeling as All Star potential and could feasible replace PP. He shoots it, can dunk on anyone, has great size for the 3 let alone the 2 and is the best defender I have. Only thing he needs to work on is his handle, can have trouble creating off the dribble.

But yeah, that C's 2nd unit :bow:

Barbosa, JET, George, Green, Wilcox

I like the stick, but sometimes I get a little bit random and get stuck in an animation. Had the game a while and im still not quite able to do exactly what I want when I want.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:03 pm

Oh and Also, maybe because I have not mastered the stick its hard playing with Rondo. I can get assists easy enough, but because his shooting is so bad (its actually too bad in the game I feel) I cant get into the lane much.

I set picks at like the FT line sometimes, they still go under the screen and I still cant hit the shot lol
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:13 pm

Yeah I'm not sure if that's MyCareer or not. I think in MC you have to start new, you create your own player and start at around 63-65 overall. There's interviews before the draft and then you get drafted. I think it was the Magic were asking me pre-draft questions and obviously I wanted nothing to do with that roster so I told them to kick rocks lol. Philly interviewed me and told me that if I was there at 15, they would take me. But then they took Harkless(it may have been because of the Dwight trade, I noticed when the season starts Harkless is on Orlando) and I dropped to 21. You customize everything, I'm trying to get Jordans dunk package but its 5k VC.

I'm going to eventually start a Association with the Celtics as well, probably a partial rebuild. First thing I will do is trade Pierce for a younger player. Maybe Bradley/Pierce for Rudy or a decent center.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:16 pm

The Franchise wrote:Oh and Also, maybe because I have not mastered the stick its hard playing with Rondo. I can get assists easy enough, but because his shooting is so bad (its actually too bad in the game I feel) I cant get into the lane much.

I set picks at like the FT line sometimes, they still go under the screen and I still cant hit the shot lol

Try a short jumper from around the corner of the FT line, for some reason I can make a good amount of those with him. Anything deeper than that I struggle.

From the few exhibition games I've played with the Celtics, it's harder to score without Ray. I can't quite shoot the same with Terry.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:26 pm

dmize wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Oh and Also, maybe because I have not mastered the stick its hard playing with Rondo. I can get assists easy enough, but because his shooting is so bad (its actually too bad in the game I feel) I cant get into the lane much.

Try a short jumper from around the corner of the FT line, for some reason I can make a good amount of those with him. Anything deeper than that I struggle.

From the few exhibition games I've played with the Celtics, it's harder to score without Ray. I can't quite shoot the same with Terry.

Trade PP? It seems wrong lol

But yeah I get it tbh.

Intresting, thanks for the info..I literally dont think I have made more than 5 jumpers with Rondo lool

Funny enough though, I shoot the best with Jason Terry. He leads my team in true shooting % and I just seem to hit everything with him. Off screens, off the pick and roll, spot ups.

I score mostly through PP iso's, but its actually quite ineffecient..with leading scorer I always aim for games where I score almost double the FGA's I take. But I end up having to take say 20 shots to get 20 points with him lol

Garnett scores well enough, Bass jumper is deadly..basically the only guy I cant score with on the team is Rondo. Probably chipping in 10ppg, would be 13-14 if he could hit a FT once in a while ffs
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:45 pm

I agree, Rondo is a nightmare to shoot with, on the floor and the FT line. KG is an absolute beast inside, DOES NOT MISS.

Harden is such a beast in this game its ridiculous...once you go on fire with him, he's unstoppable, hitting fadeways and all that.

Holla if you guys got it on 360, I'm decent, still got alot to learn though Smile
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:17 am

Have you guys encountered players you just cant stop?

Ellis scored on me all the day time, no matter who I gaurd him with or how I change the coverage.

He isnt effecient...but when he puts up 40 shots he is going to score alot LOL

Harden kills me unless I really pay attention and send doubles to keep him out the paint.

I cant stop Brave Scotty Parker, seems to always shoot it well on me.

For me, I am lights out with Beasley...my god this dude can score.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:29 am

Yeah Monta Ellis can flat out score in this game.

If I play someone with Blake Griffin that knows how to use him, he's hard to stop. Once he starts that dunk animation, impossible to stop.

Curry, Ray Allen, JR Smith as well. The obvious ones like Durant and LeBron too.

Trying to defend LeBron in MC mode is just a nightmare.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:37 am

Ah yeah your a small forward LOL

Do you have any control over coverage? Do you get help with a double team in the post?lol
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:08 am

Curry is a f*cking beast in this game. Started the Association with the Warriors. I'm putting up 30/12 with Curry atm. About to hit the playoffs, currently third in the conference.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:15 am

The Franchise wrote:Ah yeah your a small forward LOL

Do you have any control over coverage? Do you get help with a double team in the post?lol

I press L2, which I'm not even positive what it does, but it helps defending. And I usually just try to deny LeBron the ball which isn't easy to begin with, and if you move from between him and the basket for even a second, Chalmers or Wade will throw him an easy 'oop.

And yeah if he takes you to the post, they'll send a 2nd defender to help. Or if he just starts going off they may double as well. I usually adjust the doubles, hedges, sag off, but I'm not sure if you can in MyCareer.

And yeah Curry can score from anywhere, even his floaters and layups are nasty.

2 other guys that annoy me are Korver and Ben Gordon, Korver just does not miss from 3. Gordon will miss but I swear once he hits 2 in a row, he's probably gunna make the next 5 he takes. JR Smith is similar like that.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:21 am

Tough work man.

Another name is Crawford. He doesnt light me up, but when I play with him its trouble. His handle is crazy and he shoots it off the dribble or spotting up. Can score around the basket too.

Always leads the team in scoring when I use them.

CP3 I find a little overrated putting up points. I literally always shoot 60% or over...jus jumper is deadly, I shoot better with him than Steve Nash honestly. The floater, like real life is killer.

Another is Amare. He looks the Amare of old at times, when he is in dunking range he brings down the hammer and of all the big man dunkers he is for me the most fun and has some of the better animations.

One of my favourite moves in this game actually is the euro step. You can draw fouls in a crowd or get creative and get something up on the rim.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:25 am

Oh one question guys. Shooting settings.

Do you have it set to real life or shot stick?

I have it real life because I find shot stick too easy and you can master it with certain players to an extent that it becomes fake.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:00 am

GOAT game, much better than 2k12 IMO.. I'm only playing online head to head so far, will get a pro going eventually
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:01 am

I was just looking up how to do euro and hop steps, I remember it used to just be press Triangle(on ps3) and your player would do a hopstep.

And I use the shot stick but I have adjusted sliders to make it a bit more realistic.

And in my career, I changed the slider settings to "Simulation" which seems to produce more realistic results.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:29 am

I don't adjust sliders, just play lol.. The new patch has made reach in fouls far more frequent though.. Gets ridiculous sometimes

Are you guys on the PS3? I forget if I've asked before
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:21 am

The game is too arcadish on all default. Shoot too high of a %, CPU scores wayyy too many points in the paint, threes are too easy to make, and before the patch fixed it, it was those ridiculous insta-fastbreaks by the CPU that are impossible to stop.

The CPU still scores a lot in the paint, but I get much more realistic FG percentages on all-star w/ sliders
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:33 pm

Yeah, im on PS3.

But I agree, no way cant you leave the sliders if you hope for a realistic game. Far too high shooting %, points int he paint, CPU offensive rebounding and a multitude of other issues.

dmize, would you mind posted your sliders whenever you got the time? I ask because I prefer shot stick shooting as I feel more responsible but I just cant seem to adjust the setting well as to keep it realistic.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:30 pm

I use this slider set post-patch, I adjusted some of them slightly myself after trial and error but they work well either way

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/nba-2k-sliders/588315-nba-2k13-eccentric-edition-all-star-slider-set.html

The main ones that help I think are the inside shot tendencies and cpu/user shot success.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:43 pm

Bought some boosters with VC in MyTeam and got John Stockton, Dell Curry, Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf, and the rest was mostly garbage.

Stockton
Dell Curry
MKG
Sullinger
Drummond

Dell Curry has to be the best shooter in the entire game. 94 3-point, 90 mid range.

And Abdul Rauf is an absolute beast; fast as hell, midrange is deadly, can shoot the 3, drive.

This probably should be in the NBA thread, but does anyone remember this dude? Beast.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next