Italian National Team Thread

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Re: Italian National Team Thread

Post by flameas on Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:10 pm

Ranoccia and Paletta defending  banana Please Prandelli, dont play them again..

flameas
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister on Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:18 pm

rofl

Perins mistake was terrible

Luke Harper wrote:We are the ones... the ones that you've been told about. And WE... are walking upright.

Studying about those good ol' days and who shall wear, the starry crown gooood lawd. Show me the waaaaay.

Unbeaten 2011/2012.

:bow: :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso on Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:26 pm

this 4-3-3 is laughable. any attacking FB will rape you lot.
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister on Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:30 pm

I don't think 4-3-3 is going to be the go to line up at all

Not to mention the defence were scrubs on a suicide mission

Luke Harper wrote:We are the ones... the ones that you've been told about. And WE... are walking upright.

Studying about those good ol' days and who shall wear, the starry crown gooood lawd. Show me the waaaaay.

Unbeaten 2011/2012.

:bow: :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister on Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:47 pm

Italy just scored 3 goals in about 0.5 seconds rofl

Immobile 3 goals 2 assists.

Unbeaten 2011/2012.

Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister on Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:53 pm

Italy swapping the entire team at once minus like 2 players.

Unbeaten 2011/2012.

Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 on Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:08 pm

really gil, u need to pipe it down. When Belgium beat luxembourg here u were all over the place getting hyped lol

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso on Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:26 pm

Cassano-Balotelli Proud we'll get to see that partnership one last time
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister on Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:35 pm

Would rather Immobile tbh, I swear Balo no longer offers any movement whatsoever Laughing

Unbeaten 2011/2012.

Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre on Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:47 pm

I think Italy had never a group of fullbacks so mediocre as in this World Cup.

Okay, we had in past players as Facchetti, Cabrini, Tassotti , Zambrotta etc etc so it seems easy to be schocked now but that's not the point ... they aren't simply adapt for these levels

England is better in this for example

we have De Sciglio, he is only 20 and so  he has limits of experience and since he got injured he doesn't hit a cross well  , Abate meh , Darmian re-meh
Chiellini is basically a central defender

The best would be Criscito (simply good , but it's enough for an improvement) but Prandelli didn't call up him lol
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte on Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:11 pm

Who are Italy's wingers? What's the likely starting line-up & formation in the England game?
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister on Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:42 pm

Nobody actually knows lmao, Prandelli's been using 3 formations per game ffs Laughing

As for wide players, Insigne, Cerci and Candreva can play out wide.

I have no idea what the line up will look like in terms of formation, but these players will undoubtedly start:

Buffon

Chiellini Barzagli Abate Pirlo De Rossi Marchisio Cassano

De Sciglio will probably play, or Darmian.

Balotelli will probably start but Immobile's been on better form for club and country, recently scoring 3 goals and setting up two more for Italy against Fluminese

Unbeaten 2011/2012.

Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza on Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:10 pm

This constant formation swapping is some kind of tactic to hide Italy's actual formation and line-up when business time comes.
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power on Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:13 pm

@Forza wrote:This constant formation swapping is some kind of tactic to hide Italy's actual formation and line-up when business time comes.
I'm pretty sure with Prandelli there is at least some system behind it. With Jogi Löw who does the same I severely doubt that. ^^

Super Moderator

Club Supported : Philadelphia Union

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza on Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:18 pm

@rwo power wrote:
@Forza wrote:This constant formation swapping is some kind of tactic to hide Italy's actual formation and line-up when business time comes.
I'm pretty sure with Prandelli there is at least some system behind it. With Jogi Löw who does the same I severely doubt that. ^^
Carlos Bilardo did a similar thing to hide the 3-5-2.
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame on Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:42 pm

So Italy know the players for Starting XI but not the formation.

Whereas with England everyone knows the formation but not sure about the Starting XI

First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza on Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:49 pm

@BeautifulGame wrote:So Italy know the players for Starting XI but not the formation.

Whereas with England everyone knows the formation but not sure about the Starting XI

Well, I don't think you can say that we know the starting XI for Italy yet either because it is dependant on the formation. The back 4 of Abate, Chiellini, Barzagli and Abate is settled, as is most of the midfield, which will likely include DDR, Pirlo and Marchisio. But if it's a 4-man midfield, the identity of that player is still in question. The front line is not settled either. Prandelli has a wealth of choices from the more established Balotelli and Cassano duo, to the newer squad members, Immobile, Cerci, and Insigne. Once again, it's unclear whether 2 or 3 of these players will start and in what position. I.e. will there be a false 9, will there be a target man, will there be wide forwards, will there be 2 narrow forwards, which one of the 2 narrow forwards will drop deeper, will one play out on the wing and one play in the center, etc. So there's a lot we don't know yet.
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte on Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:05 pm

So the wide players are Cerci, Candreva and Insigne? What's their quality as wingers? I don't know them well at all, but I was looking at the Italy squad and thought there was a lack of width.
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister on Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:09 pm

Not World beaters, Cerci had a great season and Candreva can do a job anywhere in attack really.

Insigne has lots of talent, we'll see how he handles this WC.

But tbh Italys best bet is neglecting wide players and going for a 3-5-2 imo, then when the situation calls for it, switch it up to 4-3-3.

Unbeaten 2011/2012.

Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza on Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:23 pm

@Art Morte wrote:So the wide players are Cerci, Candreva and Insigne? What's their quality as wingers? I don't know them well at all, but I was looking at the Italy squad and thought there was a lack of width.

It has been a long-standing feature of Italian National teams and Serie A teams to neglect wide forwards. It's not out of the question that Prandelli will continue that trend. At Euro, he played 2 up front with Balotelli remaining in a central position, and Cassano tending to drift out on the left in a support role. Italian teams have often relied on their fullbacks and midfielders to provide the width.

As far as the quality of Cerci, Candreva and Insigne goes... I'd class Candreva as having the lowest goal-threat of the three. He's a more industrious winger type who will charge up and down the flank and put in crosses. That's not to say that he can't score a few goals though.

Insigne is a very talented player who has a similar skillset to Cassano in terms of his creativity and passing in the final third. His FK-taking ability aside, he's probably not going to be a regular goal-scorer. You would include him in the XI for his potential to provide assists and the fact that he will work hard to get back and defend too. Insigne is quite diminutive at only 5'4' - about half a foot shorter than Cerci and Candreva.

Cerci can play wide on the left, but he's virtually a second-striker in terms of his capabilities. He built a strong partnership with the younger Immobile at Torino and is the most likely of the 3 players you mentioned to provide regular goals IMO. He also racks up the assists, but is not the type to run all day down the wing like Candreva. He'd probably prefer to cut in once he reaches the final third and make a through ball or simple pass to someone in a shooting position. In that respect, he's similar to Insigne.

Last edited by Forza on Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte on Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:41 pm

Mm, I see. Well, it should be interesting, because I'm fairly sure England will try to use the wings quite a bit. I'd also say that England's full-backs are weaker defensively than their center-backs, so good wide players might be able to hurt England. I guess I'm saying I believe it will suit England to play against a narrow side.
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Xifio on Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:31 am

@Forza wrote:
@Tomwin Lannister wrote:
@Art Morte wrote:What's the likely starting line-up & formation in the England game?
Nobody actually knows lmao, Prandelli's been using 3 formations per game ffs Laughing
Well, I don't think you can say that we know the starting XI for Italy yet either because it is dependant on the formation.
LOL  rofl what are you guys talking about? the starting XI has been the worst kept secret:
@Xifio wrote:

Verratti and Pirlo in the same XI? what's not to like ...
only one change in the XI, which is Darmian for Abate:

Xifio
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 on Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:45 am

@Forza wrote:
@BeautifulGame wrote:So Italy know the players for Starting XI but not the formation.

Well, I don't think you can say that we know the starting XI for Italy yet either because it is dependant on the formation. The back 4 of Abate, Chiellini, Barzagli and Abate is settled, as is most of the midfield, which will likely include DDR, Pirlo and Marchisio. But if it's a 4-man midfield, the identity of that player is still in question. The front line is not settled either. Prandelli has a wealth of choices from the more established Balotelli and Cassano duo, to the newer squad members, Immobile, Cerci, and Insigne. Once again, it's unclear whether 2 or 3 of these players will start and in what position. I.e. will there be a false 9, will there be a target man, will there be wide forwards, will there be 2 narrow forwards, which one of the 2 narrow forwards will drop deeper, will one play out on the wing and one play in the center, etc. So there's a lot we don't know yet.

Is there no limit to Godbate's powers :bow:

Invisible Smilies 2012. Join the campaign.
M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza on Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:01 am

@Xifio: that is but one of several possibilities. If you want to put a bet on that formation being used with those players for Italy's 1st game, take it to the betting thread and I'll happily wager against it.

@M99: lol, I meant to write MDS for one of those.
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Xifio on Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:23 am

hah, no bookie will take a bet on that any more ...

but I'd gladly make a friendly wager with you on here Smile ... I've posted "my" XI; post yours, and we'll see who wins out ...

mang' fasul, spar da 'ngul ...
Xifio
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar on Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:27 am

Since Suarez will miss the first game, do you think Uruguay will go with a lone striker (Cavani) or will be paired with Forlan!!!
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next