Google Glasses

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Google Glasses

Post by Soul on Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:29 am

Is there a thread already on this?

I'm sure you guys are excited about the upcoming google glasses. I'm no tech geek so I don't really know much details but from what I've heard it would be amazing.

Only reason it would suck for me, like Siri, that if it's going to be dependent on voice commands, my language which is spoken by less than 300k people won't be supported Laughing

_________________
[img][/img]

Soul
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 2923
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: Google Glasses

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. on Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:49 am

I would buy these :bow:.

Should have linked the video :L.
PROJECT GLASS, IT'S CALLED.

_________________

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 5062
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Google Glasses

Post by TalkingReckless on Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:50 am

already under way the Google co-founder segery brin has been wearing it recently.... it still has a long way to do but i can't wait for it



btw here is Microsoft version



Last edited by Legend on Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:54 am; edited 1 time in total

TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 4202
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Google Glasses

Post by TalkingReckless on Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:51 am




_________________
http://i.imgur.com/WLBrKyW.gif

TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 4202
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Google Glasses

Post by che on Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:32 am

am i the only one who thinks anything voice-operated makes you look like a retard if you do it in public?

_________________

che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Valencia
Posts : 3597
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Google Glasses

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. on Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:57 am

@che wrote:am i the only one who thinks anything voice-operated makes you look like a retard if you do it in public?
No, I also hate talking to non-living things, like my microphone, BUT COME ON, HUD GLASSES.

_________________

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 5062
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Google Glasses

Post by Soul on Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:17 am

Along with voice recognition, somebody should tell them to have a cursor controller (like the ones on laptops for mouse control, but much smaller) near to the ear area in the pic below:


_________________
[img][/img]

Soul
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 2923
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: Google Glasses

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. on Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:41 am

@Soul wrote:Along with voice recognition, somebody should tell them to have a cursor controller (like the ones on laptops for mouse control, but much smaller) near to the ear area in the pic below:

You have to guess where the buttons are?
Putting your hand against your ear is going to be very odd.

How would the glasses know when you're chatting with someone, and when you're commanding them?

_________________

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 5062
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Google Glasses

Post by lenear1030 on Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:17 pm

@che wrote:am i the only one who thinks anything voice-operated makes you look like a retard if you do it in public?


you wont when it becomes the norm.

_________________


:coffee:

lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 2875
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Google Glasses

Post by dmize on Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:51 pm

Unless you already wear glasses, I think this is pointless. People don't even want to wear those 3D glasses in their own home for a couple hours to watch their 3DTV, let alone all day.

dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 6522
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Re: Google Glasses

Post by poolsupporter on Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:57 am

@dmize wrote:Unless you already wear glasses, I think this is pointless. People don't even want to wear those 3D glasses in their own home for a couple hours to watch their 3DTV, let alone all day.

Exactly. Well said. Like a lot of tech out there, it's cool, but not really applicable in the real world.

Look at some of the concepts Nokia have come out with over the years. Barely any have come to fruition.

poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 1122
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Re: Google Glasses

Post by Soul on Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:14 am

@beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:You have to guess where the buttons are?
Putting your hand against your ear is going to be very odd.

Snake says hi Razz

_________________
[img][/img]

Soul
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 2923
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: Google Glasses

Post by Blue Barrett on Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:42 pm

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

_________________


Blue Barrett
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 9562
Join date : 2012-03-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Google Glasses

Post by Sushi Master on Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:48 pm

Using those here would be the equivalent of turning your head into a big gaping pussy with an open bank vault in it filled with $100 bills.

I'd have a pair out of curiosity's sake, but no one I'm going out in the streets with one.

Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Bayern Munich
Posts : 9392
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: Google Glasses

Post by CBarca on Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:01 am

@Sushi Master wrote:Using those here would be the equivalent of turning your head into a big gaping pussy with an open bank vault in it filled with $100 bills.

I'd have a pair out of curiosity's sake, but no one I'm going out in the streets with one.

That's actually a really good point.

Is this possible? This seems so....advanced lol. I personally would not get one for many reasons, but it's cool anyway. +1 for Google though for the ambition, I wanna see how this turns out.

_________________
http://r33.imgfast.net/users/3313/22/97/24/avatars/133-73.png

CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 13150
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 20

Back to top Go down

Re: Google Glasses

Post by Maje10 on Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:09 am

Looks awesome, but I don't think I would buy one. I agree with Che, it'd look weird walking around and talking to no-one.

Lol at the Microsoft one.

_________________

Maje10
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 654
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Google Glasses

Post by nichabr on Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:34 pm

Would be awesome if it were smaller and i didn't have to talk into it...Makes it worse because i damn well know its not gonna understand anything i say so ill be screaming in puplic.

Anyways i don't think they can make a cursor that responds to your eye movements nor do i think they can make it read your mind so i don't think they had any other option but to make it voice commands.

_________________

nichabr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 1232
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Google Glasses

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. on Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:48 am

@nichabr wrote:Would be awesome if it were smaller and i didn't have to talk into it...Makes it worse because i damn well know its not gonna understand anything i say so ill be screaming in puplic.

Anyways i don't think they can make a cursor that responds to your eye movements nor do i think they can make it read your mind so i don't think they had any other option but to make it voice commands.
Don't you think eye movements would just trigger it randomly?

_________________

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 5062
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Google Glasses

Post by nichabr on Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:35 am

@beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:
@nichabr wrote:Would be awesome if it were smaller and i didn't have to talk into it...Makes it worse because i damn well know its not gonna understand anything i say so ill be screaming in puplic.

Anyways i don't think they can make a cursor that responds to your eye movements nor do i think they can make it read your mind so i don't think they had any other option but to make it voice commands.
Don't you think eye movements would just trigger it randomly?

true but there can always be a work around and like i said i don't think they can do it.

_________________

nichabr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 1232
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Google Glasses

Post by The_ItalianFool on Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:38 pm

That looks amazing, but I think the idea is too good to be true.

IF they end up coming out, and get reviews, once the price lowers 27 billion dollars to like 200 dollars then I would get them

_________________



The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 2216
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: Google Glasses

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:36 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum