DRK
Eman
Amar
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

NHL Playoffs - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL Playoffs

Post by donttreadonred Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:52 pm

Torres's suspension was justified. We've seen so many dirty hits/games in this post season, it seems the league offices have simply become fed up with it. 25 games may be excessive, but there was no need to hit Hossa, much less jump in with the shoulder, aiming for his head. I may be a Blackhawks fan, but I think anyone would have a hard time defending that hit.

Btw, how about that Crawford. He finally had a decent game. More of the "no soft over-time goal" philosophy please.

donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:04 pm

Totally agree with the suspension.

As pointed out in the vid released by the NHL for the reasoning behind the length was justified as he violated 3 infractions with the one hit (interference, charging, and hit to the head), caused a serious injury, and had previous history with dangerous and illegal hits.

And freaking Ottawa pulling out a ridiuclous win last night. We're on the brink now :sad:

Huge game in the Pitt and Philly series about to start.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:47 pm

Pitt getting dominated. :lol!:
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by tonger Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:53 am

whats ppls take on weber getting only a small fine for what he did to zetterverg after game 1? he punched and threw zetterbergs head into the board AFTER the final whistle.... its a joke he only got fined 2500 for this...

also che are u semi supporting canucks? cant tell.... must be because of dimitra (RIP) if you do support them....

anyways up 1-0 in game 5 right now, schneider saves us again in the dying seconds of 1st period... kesler altho i never believed u can be a consistent 40 goal scorer has to lead the 2nd line to step up....cant rely on sedins and schneider forever.
tonger
tonger
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by tonger Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:07 am

seasons over now...... Sad thats what we get for not finishing out chances earlier.... absolutely no scoring power whatsoever Sad
tonger
tonger
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:12 am

GTFO Vancouver Laughing

And what Weber did to Zetterburg was absolutely disgraceful...it deserved at least 5 games. It was NOT a hockey play at all, and there was clear intent to injure his head. I was watching it in a bar where Canadian players are supported, but no one was backing him up on that play. It was shocking...

I honestly believe it Weber wasn't a high calibre defenceman in the Canadian team, he would have gotten a suspension.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by che Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:21 am

Sad

tragic offense, as usual... the bottom two lines might as well not be there, no idea why hodgson got traded for yet another "gritty" player...

tonger wrote:
also che are u semi supporting canucks? cant tell.... must be because of dimitra (RIP) if you do support them....

not really, i was a fan before that... picked them for career mode in nhl 2003 and fell in love with naslund and morrison Laughing
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by tonger Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:40 pm

ya the hodgson trade now does not make sense whatsoever............ kassian didnt even get to play the last game.. and he was dropped for DALE WEISE. it might sound like blasphemy right now but hodgson wouldve led the second line better than kesler did.... kesler just havent been the same this season, whether its the result of injury or not.

and even with this team, shouldve still advanced imo if not for the game 1 and 2 f***-ups.

west is gonna be a bit boring to watch now... if coyotes go through, its gonna be st louis, phoenix, nashville and LA....
tonger
tonger
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by tonger Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:41 pm

Amar wrote:
I honestly believe it Weber wasn't a high calibre defenceman in the Canadian team, he would have gotten a suspension.

agreed.... and i had jimmy howard datsyuk and zetterberg on my playoff fantasy team too Sad
tonger
tonger
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by che Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:18 pm

kesler's class, just timed his form awfully, he ripped the playoffs last year...

i just hope preds knock out phoenix if they make it, blues - coyotes would be a cringeworthy conference final
che
che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:36 pm

My hometown boy Seguin came clutch yesterday with 2 points. Forever a legend for bringing the cup to my town :bow:

Canucks are going to have to shuffle a bit this summer. Trading Lou should be ont eh top of the list, but with a salary of $5.5million/season for another 9 years, almost impossible to shift him. Vancouver could def. beef up those checking lines with two 2.5mill/yr players.

Growing reports that the Leafs are gonna go HAM for Tim Thomas, Kipper, or Lou this off season. :facepalm:

As for Kesler, took the worst time to be off his game, but easily one of the best penalty killers and shutdown centremen in teh game today.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by tonger Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:03 pm

hopefully he can return to the kesler pre-stanley cup final last yr..... thats the kesler we desperately needed! he hasnt been the same this year, hopefully a longer summer this time around can help him out.

interesting offseason incoming, time to see which goaltender stays and how gillis fix the 2nd line.
tonger
tonger
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by che Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:21 pm

if roloson retires tampa will have both cap space and need for a keeper, too bad they've got no players to trade Laughing

higgins needs to go, and booth is just utter crap but he's a recent trade so looks like we're stuck with him :facepalm:
che
che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ioilersrock448 Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:31 am

LA did us all a huge favor :bow:

No misery of dealing with my friends talking about how Vancouver has the best team in the league these playoffs. I suppose they will still tell me how shit the Oilers are though Mad
ioilersrock448
ioilersrock448
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : FC Bayern

Back to top Go down

Post by I Have Mono Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:22 am

Kings to win the Cup bitches!!!!!!!!!

I Have Mono
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by tonger Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:40 am

higgins was good in the regular season! but my opinion is that hes kinda like a in between player... not a checking line material and not good enough for top 6 either... booth.... i had high hopes for this guy!!! but so far he has not fitted anywhere

ya luongo to tampa for vinny has resurfaced it seems like, but vinny doesnt fit either.

im not gonna compltely give up on booth and kassian yet!! well what else am i gonna do with them Sad

im just hoping for no more management f***-up, raymond instead of grabner, samuelsson for booth (not that samuelson had too much upsides), hodgson for kassian.... NOTHING worked out so far
tonger
tonger
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:43 am

che wrote:if roloson retires tampa will have both cap space and need for a keeper, too bad they've got no players to trade Laughing

Vancouver might just trade him for a couple nobodies and draft picks tbh. They're prolly more concerned with freeing up some cap space, getting a 2nd/3rd line grinder, and locking down Schneider.

Tampa would instantly become at least a 5 seed in the East if htey got Lou.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by tonger Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:56 am

Amar wrote:
che wrote:if roloson retires tampa will have both cap space and need for a keeper, too bad they've got no players to trade Laughing

Vancouver might just trade him for a couple nobodies and draft picks tbh. They're prolly more concerned with freeing up some cap space, getting a 2nd/3rd line grinder, and locking down Schneider.

Tampa would instantly become at least a 5 seed in the East if htey got Lou.

i can see ryan malone + another 3rd/4th liner + a first round pick, maybe im asking for too much, but i would definitely be happy with that (bar the injury prone malone part)

as for tampa, i think lu would definitely help them, but their D needs ALOT of improvement, i guess ohlund coming back from injury helps but their defense is HORRENDOUS.

speaking of tampa's goalies, mike smith is putting on a SHOW right now in the windy city! so its definitely more to tampas defense than the goalie id say Razz
tonger
tonger
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:41 am

Your asking for wayyyy too much.

Malone may be a bit injury prone, but he still played 68 games this year, which is solid.

I personally rate him very high. He's basically a Kesler clone but less of an offensive threat. I'd even say he's a better penalty killer as well.

If the Canucks can get Malone+3rd rounder for Lou, it would be a solid deal for both teams.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by che Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:29 pm

only reason booth is in vancouver is that he's kesler's butt buddy lol

and higgins... i like him but he's basically a worse burrows, not exactly what the team needs right now...

che
che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by tonger Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:20 am

so seems like luongo is gone from the press conference today. he basically waived his no trade already, but will have a say in where he ends up obviously.

kesler and bieksa both reveals they have been struggling with injuries...

gillis comes out saying hodgson wanted to leave, and he has spent too much time on hodgson issues, and he would make that trade again...

if coho didnt wanna stay, id ideally trade him after the season on draft day or something instead.

there are talks about what happens to AV, what happens to gillis, what happens to the core of the team, this off season is gonna be interesting.
tonger
tonger
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:21 pm

GTFO Ottawa and go and retire Alfredsson eco smile
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by che Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:00 pm

finally a reasonably timed game for europe tonight...
che
che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by tonger Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:36 am

phoenix..... is breaking down nashvilles defense.... something that a red wings team couldnt do.... shocking

well tbf, nashvilles mentality changed now that they are the favourites imo, more aggressive and phoenix lives off of that
tonger
tonger
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by che Fri May 04, 2012 10:12 am

kings :bow:

if they keep this up they're favourites for the cup tbh... almost swept the top 2 seeds...
che
che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by tonger Fri May 04, 2012 6:42 pm

kings are finally living up to their expectations at beginning of the season... drew doughty being a force on both end of the ice, top two lines are not showing any signs of stopping, quick is as safe as ever... everyone is doing their job, that includes darryl sutter. keeping brown before trade deadline now looks like the best decision this club has ever made.

and to think back, if canucks didnt just GIVE them the first two games, what a series that wouldve been
tonger
tonger
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next