billy_gr
svt
The Sanchez
CBarca
BarcaKizz
41 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

UCL 2nd Leg: Barcelona v Chelsea - Page 2 Empty Re: UCL 2nd Leg: Barcelona v Chelsea

Post by alexjanosik Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:14 pm

Frankly I dont get the bench Xavi arguments.I thought he had a good game against Chelsea.He completed over 100 passes.If that was Pirlo or Scholes people would be creating 100 threads on the Gen Sec.
Regarding him taking more risks I dont know what game free was watching but there was nothing he could have done differently.There was no one in space in the final third for him to pass into.He tried a couple of long balls but they just didnt come off.
Chelsea didnt allow any space in behind so there was no question of him taking any risks.
Also every time Chelsea launched the ball forward Masch and Puyol struggled to deal with Drogba.The last thing that was needed was Xavi trying a dangerous pass to someone in between the lines(where there not even an inch of space) and Chelsea launching another ball.
His job is complete control of the midfield and he did that again.
The fault does not lie with him.Fault lies with our forward line bar Messi and especially Mr Passback who should be the one to be benched.
Xavi starts against Chelsea.Mr Passback benched in favor of Tello who can score goals and Pedro on the other side.Hopefully Pedro can find his goal scoring boots.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

UCL 2nd Leg: Barcelona v Chelsea - Page 2 Empty Re: UCL 2nd Leg: Barcelona v Chelsea

Post by billy_gr Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:22 pm

alexjanosik wrote:Frankly I dont get the bench Xavi arguments.I thought he had a good game against Chelsea.He completed over 100 passes.If that was Pirlo or Scholes people would be creating 100 threads on the Gen Sec.
Regarding him taking more risks I dont know what game free was watching but there was nothing he could have done differently.There was no one in space in the final third for him to pass into.He tried a couple of long balls but they just didnt come off.
Chelsea didnt allow any space in behind so there was no question of him taking any risks.
Also every time Chelsea launched the ball forward Masch and Puyol struggled to deal with Drogba.The last thing that was needed was Xavi trying a dangerous pass to someone in between the lines(where there not even an inch of space) and Chelsea launching another ball.
His job is complete control of the midfield and he did that again.
The fault does not lie with him.Fault lies with our forward line bar Messi and especially Mr Passback who should be the one to be benched.
Xavi starts against Chelsea.Mr Passback benched in favor of Tello who can score goals and Pedro on the other side.Hopefully Pedro can find his goal scoring boots.

exactly what I said, add iniesta too (even though it's not his favorite position)
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:44 am

How confident are you guys here?

I know it should be easy but I honestly can't remember thelast time you last 2 in a row.

You've hit a little mini-slump.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:56 am

Not confident at all. I went on record as saying, if we lose to Madrid, we lose this too.

I think have dug a big hole and if we had beaten you, perhaps we would have the spirit to get out of it.

Its a game of mentality now.

We know this is the last chance they have to win something, that will drive them.

However, they are probably starting to doubt themselves and if the cycle is coming to an end.

If they score first, it is without doubt over.

What do we need in this game?

Runs and movement. Pedro and Alexis please..people running in behind, creating lanes, taking spaces.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:32 am

I have a feeling pep will use the same lineup as the one of the 1st leg.but honestly,I wouldn't blame him considering that match could have been a Chelsea rape with decent finishing
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr_Puyol Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:45 am

How the f*ck are we gonna get passed the Chelsea bus?we couldn't even get passed madrids mini van.

Mr_Puyol
Mr_Puyol
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:49 am

What do you mean how you're going to pass their bus?you unlocked their defense seveal times lol i think there were at least 4 clear goalscoring opportunities at the bridge
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr_Puyol Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:51 am

Ganso wrote:What do you mean how you're going to pass their bus?you unlocked their defense seveal times lol i think there were at least 4 clear goalscoring opportunities at the bridge

Trust me I know what's coming iv seen games like this before.
Mr_Puyol
Mr_Puyol
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:58 am

Inestia IN THE MIDDLE! 3-4-3 but proper striker with decent midfielder. Please Pep! Sad
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:01 am

Le Samourai wrote:How confident are you guys here?

I know it should be easy but I honestly can't remember thelast time you last 2 in a row.

You've hit a little mini-slump.

This was only the 2nd time Barca lost 2 consecutive games under Guardiola. 1st: In 2008-09 (1-2 Espanyol & 4-3 Atletico) #fcblive
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:03 am

Valdes
Pique Masche Puyol
Alves Xavi Busquets Iniesta
Alexis Messi Pedro

i would like to see this line-up...

Cuenca and Cesc in 2nd half..

Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:32 am

Khaled wrote:Valdes
Pique Masche Puyol
Alexis Messi Pedro

Decent lineup though Cuenca swap with Sanchez.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:46 am

Pique Masche Puyol
Alexis Messi Pedro

This is alright, though I expect Pique to be on Drogba, not Masch. If they're going to simply defend then we could even drop Alves into the back three and he could attack from deep anyway with Busquets dropping to cover.

Fab will probably start too...
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:56 am

Hope he doesn't. Even though Im a big fan of Cesc, he hasn't been performing to the strandards for a long time (infact since first game he played) and well we all need the brilliant of Xavinestia.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:49 am

If we d not win this game, i will be ultimately pissed of in Pep for not replacing Tello in el classio. If his tactics was to rest some players, and focus on this match and win it, i give a shit about what hapened in Classico, but if we lose this game i seriously have ti doubt Pep decisions over these two games.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:02 am

The Franchise wrote:Not confident at all. I went on record as saying, if we lose to Madrid, we lose this too.

I think have dug a big hole and if we had beaten you, perhaps we would have the spirit to get out of it.

Its a game of mentality now.

We know this is the last chance they have to win something, that will drive them.

However, they are probably starting to doubt themselves and if the cycle is coming to an end.

If they score first, it is without doubt over.

What do we need in this game?

Runs and movement. Pedro and Alexis please..people running in behind, creating lanes, taking spaces.

Right on the money - agree with every word.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:39 pm

BarcaKizz wrote:
Pique Masche Puyol
Alexis Messi Pedro

This is alright, though I expect Pique to be on Drogba, not Masch. If they're going to simply defend then we could even drop Alves into the back three and he could attack from deep anyway with Busquets dropping to cover.

Fab will probably start too...

You're right, Pique should mark Drogba..
Playing Alves in a 3 men defence is too much for a start.. its important that we don't concede a goal too.. In 2nd half, if we need goals, we can play with Alves Pique Puyol in the defence, with Cesc or Thiago of the bench.. Or Cuenca with Alexis and Pedro upfront with Messi has a 10.

Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady2Moss Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:10 pm

I don't wanna sound pessimistic and all, but if Messi is heavily-marked in this game, Barca will definitely lose. We all know now that Barca has developed an unhealthy habit of relying on Messi for goals, which has become somewhat of a kryptonite to Barca. I mean, if you look at the Inter semifinal match last season, Messi was taken out of the game thus rending Xavi, Iniesta, Ibra and Pedro completely useless. If the same thing happens on Tues, you can kiss goodbye to the CL.

As if that wasn't enough, Barca's defense is heavily susceptible to quick counter attacks, Puyol is not that quick anymore, Busquets is about as useful defending as a scarecrow and Valdes can't even parry a shot that's inches beside him. Milan and Chelsea only needed a single chance to score, imagine what teams like Bayern/Madrid will do if Barca advances? :facepalm:

Oh, and you better hope Barca does not try not to pass the ball into the net, or it will be a long night. Laughing

Brady2Moss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:12 pm

I don't feel confident at all for this leg either. The pressure on the team must be huge. Plus, I bet they must be pretty tired by now and they will not get that much rest by Tuesday. All I can say is that I hope for the best, but I expect the worst.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:14 pm

Put Messi, Alexis and Pedro upfront and we will win by 3+ goals #markmywords
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:53 pm

Wish we had Villa. I would feel allot more confident.

Anways, I hope we go with a 4-3-3 to start the game

Valdes
Alves-Puyol-Pique-Adriano
Busquits
Xavi-Iniesta
Sanchez-Messi-Pedro

And if after half we are still in trouble and need goals, then switch to 3-4-3

Valdes
Mascherano-Pique-Puyol
Alves-Thiago-Busquts-Iniesta
Cesc-Messi-Pedro

Mascherano - Adriano
Thiago - Xavi (Peps been doing this allot recently)
Cesc - Alexis
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:09 pm

I would like to see this line-up..

-------Valdes-------
Alves--- Pique-- Puyol
-----Busquets-------
Xavi----Messi----Iniesta
Alexis--DONGOU---Pedro

--> Goals Goals Goals !!

Pep please Twisted Evil
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:28 pm

Khaled Dongou is 16 lol.

I'd like to see Pedro Messi and Alexis start up front although I think we will see Cesc and Cuenca.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by matpol Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:44 pm

Chelsea will go through. 2-1, Valdes to cost us a goal again. We will play 3-4-3 with a lot of fakes 9, 10, 4, no. 1 etc. etc

If we want to go through:

VV
Alves Pique Puyol Adriano
Xavi Busquets Iniesta
Messi Alexis Cuenca

Messi on the right wing with Alves, Alexis as No. 9 (as he can't dribble but is a good finisher), Cuenca on the left as I don't see Pedro producing anything good with a garbage form he has. It will be 3-4-3 though with Cesc in the middle and Iniesta on the LW.
matpol
matpol
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:50 pm

Pep this is NO TIME FOR EXPERIMENTS! Either play the 4-3-3 with INESTIA IN THE MIDDLE or give up now and play the B team as I reckon they have more of chance of winning than we do on an odd day...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:09 pm

Unbelievable.A couple of losses and most of you have adopted a defeatist attitude.
Playing the B team :facepalm:
We are still the best team on the planet and I am confident we will win comfortably and progress.
Just need to finish our chances.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum