Arsenal 0 - 0 Chelsea: That was a bit rubbish, wasn't it?

+15
MJ
djoe26
Amar
SamuelJayC
Wilson37
Eman
EL Patron
RealGunner
AnJl
guest7
Raptorgunner
Sina
Lex
REWB
Jay29
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Arsenal 0 - 0 Chelsea: That was a bit rubbish, wasn't it? - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal 0 - 0 Chelsea: That was a bit rubbish, wasn't it?

Post by Wilson37 Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:19 pm

We certainly lack a top quality attacking midfielder to unlock defences.. Or like in the first half we kept passing backwards and trying for long balls.. The only one who can provide some penetration is Rosicky seems to attack and run at opposition but he lacks that killer pass..

Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Arsenal 0 - 0 Chelsea: That was a bit rubbish, wasn't it? - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal 0 - 0 Chelsea: That was a bit rubbish, wasn't it?

Post by Amar Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:23 pm

That was one crappy ass game.

Koscielny was beasting though, just wish he buried that free header.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:10 pm

REWB wrote:
AnJl wrote:I expected better from RVP

And Ramsey was frustrating.

Nice to see Diaby again, actually kinda miss the big fellow.

I do have a question, next season, with Wilshere and Arteta coming back in, Diaby (hopefully) having his injuries behind him, do we need to buy an extra midfielder? I think not

if we want to CHALLENGE and not just get top 4 we NEED another mid to add creativity, that midfield is simply not enough.

wilshere just missed a whole season, he will need time to regain form. we might even see a ramsey situation from him. diaby always gets injured and we cannot rely on him. the only reliable mids we have are arteta and song and thats not good enough.

I agree, i wish Wenger would bring another creative midfielder because we are a bit predictable when we are moving the ball unfortunately I can't see him signing a midfielder because he loves Diaby and Ramsey and we have Coquelin,Frimpong, Eisfield etc
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:02 pm

Our midfield was alot clumsy today. Ramsey and Song both didnt play well today. Rosicky was unwell and thats why he was taken off. Song wasnt at his best today and didnt play what we are used to expect from him. Maybe it was because of Rmasey who seems to lose confidence every match and his performance isnt helping either. He somehow got better in 2nd half specially when he moved up to replace Rosicky.

RVP is getting tired and it shows in his performance. He worked really hard today but also missed some very easy chances. Unfortunately we dont have another good striker so he is forced to play. Park is an option but he Wenger doesnt play him for some reason, not even when we lead by 3-0.

I am very happy with our back four. Both Verminator and Kos was at thier best. Kos was beasting as always. Gibbs is getting better every match and today he did play very well.
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:18 pm

DAT DEFENSIVE DISPLAY Shocked

This was arguably our finest defensive display from all of our back four especially Bosscielny. RVP's finishing was mediocre, if he was in the zone as usual we would have had the three points.

Not a bad result considering that they had a few chances as well but it's time to grab three straight wins and wrap it up which I think we can do even though Stoke and Norwich are in decent form. It's still in our hands.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:46 pm

I'm really surprised of your Song comments, I couldn't unfortunately watch the match but just checked highlights and saw atleast 3 or 4 chances created by Song and missed by van Persie, he couldn't be that bad. Maybe defensively.

Spurs are losing atm, I hope QPR can hold on so we can recover the other week. Really not happy with the result.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:55 pm

Highlights are deceptive. Yes, Song did create a couple of chances but at the same time his overall use of the ball left a lot to be desired; often ignoring the simple passing opportunities in favour of elaborate passes that rarely came off.

It's a similar case with Ramsey. He created a couple of chances too, but gave the ball away so many times; either being dispossesed or sloppy with his passing.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:35 pm

Ok now we can enjoy the 1 point, Spurs lost. :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:28 am

Se7en wrote:Ramsey wasn't that bad atleast Razz

I think if he regains his confidence he would be a decent DLP

I think you've mentioned Ramsey and his 'lack of confidence' in our section before.... No offense but I think you are completely off the mark. Confidence or lack thereof isn't the issue, he takes extremely too long to make decisions on the ball and worse yet, he frequently attempts pointless tricks that have a success rate of 2%.

and if you think he'll be a DLP for us, I doubt it. We have plenty of guys for that role already and even if he were performing better that's not what we need him for.

AnJl wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Not much to say, I wont say this was a terrible result. But it was a pretty shit performance going forward

We defended really well, our this back 4 is amazing and gibbs was fantastic today. But Koscielny MOTM. Easily.

Our midfield wasnt clicking at all. Rosicky was ill, couldnt play more than 50 mins. Song was garbage. Ramsey was really good in the 2nd half, not that much in the 1st.

Theo was ok, Ox was average, or shit. Rvp was really poor.

our subs were excellent. Diaby brought the missing factor in midfield when he came on. Gervinho was really good and santos was great as well

Not a "bad" result and things still in our hands. need to win away at stoke and then its ours to lose

what baffles me about OX is that he played pretty well and was fairly consistent for Southampton when he did play.

why all of a sudden, inconsistency at Arsenal?

it's not like he's getting consistent game time. he had run of starts on the left wing, and clearly was an impact player. now wenger thinks he needs to baby him and not use him frequently (not that he's wrong). recently he hasnt been a regular and the sub appearances he's made have been pretty late in games, and some of those sub apps have come in central midfield.

i think it's a little unreasonable to expect him to beast every single time out there, when he isnt certain if he'll even be playing, let alone not knowing where he'll play.
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Emaharg Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:10 am

Song Rosicky and Ramsey all deserve 5, lost the ball so many times from over dribbling, lack of decision making and passes straight to the Chelsea midfielders put the defenders under constant pressure.

Walcott and Ox did pretty much nothing, Walcotts delivery from set pieces was decent.

RVP missed some chances and got greedy when he could of easily cut the ball back.

Defence did very well.
Emaharg
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by boss Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:11 am

that's it when u have GREAT defenders , average midfielders ! n "unlucky" or (left-handed) footed :study: Striker ......poor performance in general !

boss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:13 pm

lenear1030 wrote:
Se7en wrote:Ramsey wasn't that bad atleast Razz

I think if he regains his confidence he would be a decent DLP

I think you've mentioned Ramsey and his 'lack of confidence' in our section before.... No offense but I think you are completely off the mark. Confidence or lack thereof isn't the issue, he takes extremely too long to make decisions on the ball and worse yet, he frequently attempts pointless tricks that have a success rate of 2%.

and if you think he'll be a DLP for us, I doubt it. We have plenty of guys for that role already and even if he were performing better that's not what we need him for.

I disagree, there is a reason why you bought him and why he was regarded as a big talent. And to me it's no coincidence Ramseys best games have came from DLP-position. Also, alot of the Arsenal fans are sending death threats to him, of course his confidence is on a low. He wasn't terrible at the start of the season ffs...

On top of that, he had 97% pass completion from a DLP position... And his midfield partner was shit (Song). He is always scapegoated even if he is playing ok. He is a great player, if you guys would stop treating him like shit and let him try to play his natural game I've no doubt he will actually be a good player then.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:31 pm

Arsenal have fielded their first choice back 4 (BS LK TV KG) in just 8 of their 35 Premier League games this season.

Premier League record with Arsenal's first choice back 4 (BS LK TV KG) this season - P8 W5 D2 L1 A6 Clean Sheets: 4.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next