[ 5 ]
If Kenny was sacked.. Vote_lcap18%If Kenny was sacked.. Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 2 ]
If Kenny was sacked.. Vote_lcap27%If Kenny was sacked.. Vote_rcap 27% 
[ 3 ]
If Kenny was sacked.. Vote_lcap0%If Kenny was sacked.. Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 11

If Kenny was sacked.. Empty If Kenny was sacked..

Post by CameronLFC Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:03 pm

If Kenny Dalglish was sacked, or resigned at the end of the season, who would you want to replace him?

Here's a few people that could be in line to replace him, not in order of how likely or anything so don't pay attention of the order Laughing

Unai Emery He's gonna leave Valencia at the end of the season, I think. I've always rated him for some reason, he does like to tinker with teams so there could be a return of the 'dreaded' rotation. He looks a bit like Dracula, and if we brought him in, it could open a door to sign people from Valencia, such as Roberto Soldado.
He knows a bit about getting back into the top 4 as he did that with Valencia when they dropped out of it for a season, so he could help us get back to the Champions League. Frankly I don't know that much about him and it would be quite surprising if he got the job, but we are said to be interested with some sources saying that we've actually made contact with him..

Rafa Benitez He's still living in Liverpool with his family, and he's looking for a return to English Football after being linked to the Chelsea job, I reckon he would jump at the chance to come back. Personally, I don't think we should go back to him as we need change, not a return back to where we were when he left.
He could make some inspired signings with the financial backing from FSG, but as we've seen with signings of people like Robbie Keane and Alberto Aquilani, he could sign some bad people. He knows the club from back to front but the team has changed a lot since he left, both on and off the pitch so it could be interesting if we brought him back..

Brendan Rodgers The Swansea manager is from Liverpool, and is a Liverpool fan, so that would help him with the fans who would obviously love seeing one of our own managing the club. He plays some great football with Swansea and helped them stay up comfortably in the league while still sticking to their principles of playing good football with some young talented players, such as Joe Allen and Scott Sinclair.
He is currently being talked up to be the new Spurs manager if 'Arry was to leave for the poison chalice that is the england job, but since Liverpool has a place in his heart, it wouldn't surprise me if he turns them down to join us, if Kenny leaves. A possible problem is that his name and stature in world football could make it more difficult for us to attract players from foreign leagues, although the name 'Liverpool Football Club' should still hold some sway.

Andre Villas-Boas The former Porto and Chelsea manager is currently a free agent since he was sacked from Chelsea in March, and the young manager could have a point to prove in England. He is still young and has potential to be a great manager for a club, if given the chance. He would be better at Liverpool than he was in Chelsea, as the expectations of the board are slightly lower, with no Russian billionaire pressuring him to win the Champions League and there are less 'big egos' at Liverpool than there was at Chelsea with people like Drogba, Lampard and John Terry basically forcing him out. He attempts to play good football which is always a plus and i'm sure he will have learnt from his mistakes at Chelsea and he has proven he can attract good players, such as Mata.

What do you think? Who do you think we should bring in to replace Kenny and why??
CameronLFC
CameronLFC
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

If Kenny was sacked.. Empty Re: If Kenny was sacked..

Post by Fahim89 Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:11 pm

Dude! ! ! ! ! ! why would you even consider this thread ! ! !

Shocked affraid :brickwall:

(btw welcome to the forum Very Happy )
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CameronLFC Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:13 pm

Thanks Razz I really think he'll be sacked, even if we win the FA Cup. I don't want him to be sacked, obviously, but it could happen.

Are people really against it on here, or what? Embarassed
CameronLFC
CameronLFC
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:14 pm

Im against it with all my will . . . . . . can't talk for everyone else! Evil or Very Mad
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CameronLFC Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:18 pm

I really think the League form hasn't been good enough, and if we lose the final next weekend then he will definitely be sacked.

How many Liverpool fans are there on here?
CameronLFC
CameronLFC
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:57 pm

I think it's fair to ponder about Kenny's situation. We've had a poor season in the league, one of the poorest ever, and top-4 finish was first priority. Also the fact that Comolli got shown the door tells that Fenway Sports are not afraid to make changes and that they want improvement.

However, I would keep Kenny. Results have been mediocre, but we've actually played pretty good. I'd like to think that we're getting there - and obviously there's the Carling Cup trophy and FA Cup final (hopefully trophy) to speak in Kenny's favour.

Anyway, out of the poll's options, heart says Rafa, head says Brendan Rodgers.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:08 pm

CameronLFC wrote:Thanks Razz I really think he'll be sacked, even if we win the FA Cup. I don't want him to be sacked, obviously, but it could happen.

Are people really against it on here, or what? Embarassed

Welcome to the forum man! I think most of us are against it, I haven't seen anybody fully advocating it. Though I do think it's a possibility, I think he'll have another year.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CameronLFC Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:11 pm

Fair enough guys, I don't want him to go, as i've said, but FSG are business men first and foremost, I don't think they'd have a problem getting rid of Kenny as the league form hasn't been up to scratch, but most of that could be easily fixed, just need to work on the finishing, as our defense has been quite solid, when everyone has been fit.
CameronLFC
CameronLFC
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by MGNRomulus Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:54 pm

IF, he got sacked or left. Rafa would be the most likely candidate. (IMO)
MGNRomulus
MGNRomulus
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Tue May 01, 2012 12:12 am

I would love to see Rafa given a second chance. Especially, after the way he left the club the first time.

That said, something tells me that it's unlikely that he would be brought back in so soon after being let go.

BTW, welcome.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue May 01, 2012 2:04 am

You are a welcome addition Cameron, great having another member in our very small group of intelligent BAWSES.

Rafa would be my first choice to replace Kenny, but I don't think Kenny is going anywhere. I think we'll break into top 4 next year again and make some great signing during the summer. Kenny is staying for a long time, and it isn't bad for the club, because we have played some great football on our day under Kenny. We just need the right players.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue May 01, 2012 12:47 pm

Deserves a second season.

Get strikers that can finish and watch his second legacy to flourish.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue May 01, 2012 12:48 pm

[quote]He could make some inspired signings with the financial backing from FSG, but as we've seen with signings of people like Robbie Keane and [color=red]Alberto Aquilani[/color], he could sign some bad people. [/quote]

Oh no you didn't.

Won't even go to the fact that Keane wasn't his transfer. He was demanded from G+H.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MGNRomulus Wed May 02, 2012 9:49 am

even though keane wasn't his signing, it was ridiculous not to play him again after scoring a brace in his last game for liverpool. under rated player in my opinion.
MGNRomulus
MGNRomulus
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu May 03, 2012 7:26 am

He missed more open goals than the amount of goals Andy Carroll has scored for Liverpool Football Club.

(You'd think it's a little, but those goals would of won us the league.)
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MGNRomulus Fri May 04, 2012 9:43 am

i understand that, but the fact that he had less than a year at Liverpool and didn't get the opportunity to gel. should of at least had a year at the club.
MGNRomulus
MGNRomulus
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by CameronLFC Mon May 07, 2012 6:55 pm

I agree, we shouldn't have got rid of him so soon, we could have used him in the second half of the season if we were needing a goal.

Since we lost the FA Cup Final, i'd say Kenny was as good as gone.
CameronLFC
CameronLFC
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by MGNRomulus Mon May 07, 2012 10:25 pm

if you look at the performances of this season id have to disagree. i havent seen liverpool play such entertaining (yet frustrating) football in a while. yes we aren't scoring the amount of goals we want, and obviously the results are sour, but we just need to tighten the screws in positions. playing the likes of henderson ahead of dirk kuyt down the wing in my opinion is a shit decision, kuyt was one of the decisive players for many of our wins/comebacks in the past.

also what we don't have what other teams do have (top teams) is they have a backup squad. when lucas got injured we had to recall Jonjo. we need to make sure we have a backing of decent/class players just in case.

yes we had a shit time with bad timed injuries, but most teams have as well.
honestly give Kenny at least one more season and see what happens. if the same happens, ill be the first to say he should part ways. but not now.
MGNRomulus
MGNRomulus
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Tue May 08, 2012 3:54 am

Martin Hugh Michael O'Neill
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Tue May 08, 2012 4:00 am

:bball: Unai Emery

He is one of the best managers Around and really talented , he is good at reading the game and knows how to use youngsters , i believe he is the one that can help Andy Carroll to reach to his potential like he had done with soldado bounce
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue May 08, 2012 4:38 am

No thank you, the only person we want replacing Kenny is RAFAEL BENITEZ MAUDES
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Tue May 08, 2012 6:17 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:No thank you, the only person we want replacing Kenny is RAFAEL BENITEZ MAUDES

The same guy that i saw in Inter ? :lol!:
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue May 08, 2012 6:40 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:No thank you, the only person we want replacing Kenny is RAFAEL BENITEZ MAUDES

This. But Kenny won't get sacked...
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue May 08, 2012 8:11 am

Sorano Totti wrote:

The same guy that i saw in Inter ? :lol!:

Yup the same guy that took us to two CL finals in his first 3 years. Won us a CL, and had our best league season since our last title almost 20 years ago.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue May 08, 2012 8:13 am

ynwa wrote:

This. But Kenny won't get sacked...

Kenny only has next year left in his contract, unless he makes CL, I don't see it renewing, thus making a perfect vacancy for Rafa to return.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next