Soon to be world class: Coquelin Thread

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Soon to be world class: Coquelin Thread

Post by Jay29 on Mon 22 Apr - 6:14

It's possible that Coquelin just hasn't developed enough in certain areas to warrant Wenger giving him more first team opportunities. He's 22 now yet no closer to breaking into the first team than he was this time last season, and when you consider the current form of our midfielders it's difficult to see that changing.

Unfortunately, Coquelin may well be one those talents we'll have to wave goodbye to. He's got obvious potential, but Arsenal don't really play with a ball winner in their midfield; they use a passer who has developed defensive skills like Arteta and Ramsey. Though we feel Coquelin can add some much needed aggression to the midfield, I think most would agree that a stronger player would be better.

It's difficult for Wenger because he's got Wilshere, who needs games to continue developing but is already an important player for us, and Ramsey, who needs game to find his form and role in the team and is currently doing so, as well as Coquelin, who needs games to develop as a player. Yet he can't exactly compromise the likes of Arteta, Rosicky and Cazorla in doing so.

In the end, somebody has to suffer, and that unfortunately turned out to be Coquelin.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 15558
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Soon to be world class: Coquelin Thread

Post by Sri on Mon 22 Apr - 6:18

To add to that, we need some players with more immediate impact. Developing youth and all is ok, but its also high time we focus on some on-field success. We can't hide behind the debts and finances anymore.
avatar
Sri
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid
Posts : 13645
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Soon to be world class: Coquelin Thread

Post by Raptorgunner on Mon 22 Apr - 6:18

I agree Jay, but in the small cup games we should have played him at least.

_________________
avatar
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 17967
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Soon to be world class: Coquelin Thread

Post by Raptorgunner on Mon 22 Apr - 6:20

srigooner wrote:To add to that, we need some players with more immediate impact. Developing youth and all is ok, but its also high time we focus on some on-field success. We can't hide behind the debts and finances anymore.

Agree, tts time to become champions again.

_________________
avatar
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 17967
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Soon to be world class: Coquelin Thread

Post by Chumlum on Mon 22 Apr - 7:24

GoonerJay29 wrote:It's possible that Coquelin just hasn't developed enough in certain areas to warrant Wenger giving him more first team opportunities. He's 22 now yet no closer to breaking into the first team than he was this time last season, and when you consider the current form of our midfielders it's difficult to see that changing.

Unfortunately, Coquelin may well be one those talents we'll have to wave goodbye to. He's got obvious potential, but Arsenal don't really play with a ball winner in their midfield; they use a passer who has developed defensive skills like Arteta and Ramsey. Though we feel Coquelin can add some much needed aggression to the midfield, I think most would agree that a stronger player would be better.

You've hit the nail on the head I think. (Although maybe sold short Coquelin's roundedness - he's a pretty decent all-rounder I think, not just a ball-winner.) But this is the dilemma. He's a promising player, can play in a few positions, technically homegrown, been at the club for years,. All positives. He might turn out really, really well. But in order to do that, he needs more match time, and that's the problem - he's not good enough yet to force his way into the squad beyond 10-15 appearances a season.

I think of a player like Nordtveit, who's done well Gladbach. (By reports; I haven't followed him closely.) If Coquelin is "only" that good, he's maybe not good enough to cut it in an Arsenal squad with trophy ambitions. But he's possibly going to turn out better, and you don't want to miss out on that opportunity, either.

I almost wonder if a year-long loan to a PL team next season would be the best solution, and if he's deemed good enough after that he can come back in 2014-2015 and essentially take over Arteta's spot. (Or Diaby's, or whoever - I'm referring to space in the squad more than tactical role.) But I don't really see this happening, which is why I'm beginning to suspect he'll be sold this summer ...
avatar
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 2351
Join date : 2012-08-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Soon to be world class: Coquelin Thread

Post by 6unner on Mon 22 Apr - 7:51

@Raptorgunner wrote:I agree Jay, but in the small cup games we should have played him at least.

When you cannot challenge for any of the big silverware. Your best team needs to play in the small cups

6unner
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 1333
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Soon to be world class: Coquelin Thread

Post by RealGunner on Mon 22 Apr - 9:05

Not sure if he has a future with us.

avatar
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 74579
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Soon to be world class: Coquelin Thread

Post by Eman on Mon 22 Apr - 13:24

@RealGunner wrote:Not sure if he has a future with us.
Same. If we buy a DM in the summer like I think most of us want, at least one of him and Frimpong will surely be on their way out.

_________________
avatar
Eman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 2906
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: Soon to be world class: Coquelin Thread

Post by lenear1030 on Mon 22 Apr - 15:27

srigooner wrote:
@Raptorgunner wrote: How bad could he play? not worse than Ramsey was or Theo now? I thought Coq played well for the little amount of minutes he got.




Are you serious mate?!?! Have you been watching Ramsey in the last one month? Suspect


thats because he's not on the wing lol. he just doesnt belong in an advanced position. he's been pretty good this last month but still sits on the ball a bit too long some times

_________________


:coffee:
avatar
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 2875
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Soon to be world class: Coquelin Thread

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. on Mon 22 Apr - 16:29

@6unner wrote:
@Raptorgunner wrote:I agree Jay, but in the small cup games we should have played him at least.

When you cannot challenge for any of the big silverware. Your best team needs to play in the small cups
We still lose Sad.

_________________

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 5062
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Soon to be world class: Coquelin Thread

Post by 6unner on Mon 22 Apr - 19:45

@beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:
@6unner wrote:
@Raptorgunner wrote:I agree Jay, but in the small cup games we should have played him at least.

When you cannot challenge for any of the big silverware. Your best team needs to play in the small cups
We still lose Sad.

Yep no matter what team we put out we still can not compete with the big teams.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 1333
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Soon to be world class: Coquelin Thread

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. on Mon 22 Apr - 20:34

Oh, I was referencing our recent abysmal performances against lower division teams.

_________________

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 5062
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Soon to be world class: Coquelin Thread

Post by sportsczy on Mon 22 Apr - 22:16

Coquelin hasn't been developed at Arsenal. He was actually a better player in Ligue 1. You can't judge a player who either a) plays out of position and/or b) plays once a month.

He's getting wasted at Arsenal. Needs to leave.

_________________
avatar
sportsczy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Newcastle
Posts : 15250
Join date : 2011-12-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Soon to be world class: Coquelin Thread

Post by Kwame2u on Mon 22 Apr - 22:27

Sell him and include a buy back clause. Problem solved
avatar
Kwame2u
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 165
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Soon to be world class: Coquelin Thread

Post by Twoism on Mon 22 Apr - 22:31

He's just one of those cases where the talents are there, just wrong time. Should he be there when Flamini left, would have a lots more chances with 1st team. I think it's better if he leaves and shines somewhere else like Vela or Bendtner Laughing
avatar
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 2442
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Soon to be world class: Coquelin Thread

Post by RealGunner on Tue 23 Apr - 1:08

Yea he definitely has it in him to play regularly for a different team and succeed
avatar
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 74579
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Soon to be world class: Coquelin Thread

Post by urbaNRoots on Tue 23 Apr - 2:15

@Kwame2u wrote:Sell him and include a buy back clause. Problem solved

This!
avatar
urbaNRoots
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 14310
Join date : 2011-08-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Soon to be world class: Coquelin Thread

Post by King Meyy on Wed 8 May - 11:56

Nope give him his chances and get rid of Diaby after all our fans and team are crying out for a player like him.

Cazorla(Rosicky)Wilshere(Ramsey) while Coqueling and Arteta can share starts like 60% to 40% in Arteta's favour.Players in brackets are like for like replacements.

King Meyy
Prospect
Prospect

Posts : 71
Join date : 2013-05-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Soon to be world class: Coquelin Thread

Post by RealGunner on Wed 8 May - 11:59

Welcome to the forum Meyy
avatar
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 74579
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Soon to be world class: Coquelin Thread

Post by King Meyy on Wed 8 May - 12:45

Thanks,man.

Was looking for a forum that is really active with lots of passionate or at least interested people found the perfect ting here and it has been only hours far better than pes gaming which is like a closed village with culture while this like one of the capital cities of the world like Paris.

Enjoying myself here,got really high when i learned Fergie is going

Viva Arsene and Long live The Arsenal.

King Meyy
Prospect
Prospect

Posts : 71
Join date : 2013-05-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Soon to be world class: Coquelin Thread

Post by Wilson37 on Thu 9 May - 8:28

@King Meyy wrote:Thanks,man.

Was looking for a forum that is really active with lots of passionate or at least interested people found the perfect ting here and it has been only hours far better than pes gaming which is like a closed village with culture while this like one of the capital cities of the world like Paris.

Enjoying myself here,got really high when i learned Fergie is going

Viva Arsene and Long live The Arsenal.
Welcome King.. cheers

_________________
*

*
═══════════════════════════════════════════════
avatar
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 2576
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Re: Soon to be world class: Coquelin Thread

Post by REWB on Sat 12 Sep - 12:41

waited a while to bump this thread :coffee:

_________________
avatar
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Southampton
Posts : 5423
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Soon to be world class: Coquelin Thread

Post by RealGunner on Sat 12 Sep - 12:45

Alex Song-esuq rise to fame.

But better since he is actually useful Laughing


More n more it looks like we need someone to cover for him rather than start instead of him. Obviously it's better to judge after season defining matches.
avatar
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 74579
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Soon to be world class: Coquelin Thread

Post by EL Patron on Wed 16 Sep - 13:04

Arsenal should finance a scientific experiment to clone him, midfield doesn't function properly without this guy
avatar
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 6464
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Soon to be world class: Coquelin Thread

Post by urbaNRoots on Wed 16 Sep - 13:05

@EL Patron wrote:Arsenal should finance a scientific experiment to clone him, midfield doesn't function properly without this guy


We could sign Krychowiak who is a taller version of him.
avatar
urbaNRoots
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 14310
Join date : 2011-08-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Soon to be world class: Coquelin Thread

Post by EL Patron on Wed 16 Sep - 13:07

@urbaNRoots wrote:
@EL Patron wrote:Arsenal should finance a scientific experiment to clone him, midfield doesn't function properly without this guy


We could sign Krychowiak who is a taller version of him.


but the transfer market is shut so he is all we got, i can't believe it got to the point where we are hoping for Coquelin to be fit every week ffs Laughing
avatar
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 6464
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Soon to be world class: Coquelin Thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum