A little help...?

4 posters

Go down

A little help...? Empty A little help...?

Post by CBarca Sat May 05, 2012 6:04 am

So basically I'm going to have to make a small 10 minute movie for Spanish soon, so I was checking up to see if the movie maker I use (Sony Vegas 8.0) is on my computer...and I search for it and find a bunch of folders full of shortcuts that don't exist anymore.

Yet when I went to the control panel and went to 'Uninstall Programs' (which will list like, ALL the useful programs you have that you can uninstall) I see Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 8.0 right there. I even have Sony DVD Architect studio to go with it- and that currently works.

So I'm a bit confused, while the control panel says I have it, I can't find it in the computer whenever I search for it.

I'm forced to concede that it most likely doesn't exist at this point, but then why would the control panel say it does (and subsequently say it takes up 156 MB of space?)

Anybody have any clue? I guess I'm going to spend some time looking for the box now....but I don't want to if it's installed on here (which it should be given I used it a year ago and nothings happened since then)

Thanks in advance guys.

Last edited by CBarca on Sun May 06, 2012 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

A little help...? Empty Re: A little help...?

Post by dmize Sun May 06, 2012 12:28 am

Sounds like the program got deleted but there's still files, folders and registry files left behind. I've had that happen before, if you don't use the uninstaller, the program still has registry files and what not on your PC.

If you want the program removed from the uninstall list, try deleting the files and folders left behind from it in explorer, and if you have a registry cleaner run that(like CCleaner). You can remove the registry files manually if you know what you're doing, but if not just use CCleaner and it shouldn't show up anymore in the Programs list.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sun May 06, 2012 1:52 am

Have you tried checking in Program Files just in case it felt like changing its name or something?

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun May 06, 2012 4:33 pm

Alright thanks guys. Time to scramble and find the box and install it again Sad

For the record though it's a good movie making program Razz
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Mon May 07, 2012 3:14 am

Sony vegas is majorly focused on cut & edit. If you want visuals then Adobe is way to go.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum