who do you think might be the surprise player of Euro 2012

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Re: who do you think might be the surprise player of Euro 2012

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:09 am

Se7en we play a variation of 4-3-3.... if we want him it wont be to compete with Cabaye and Tiote it will be to go alongside them.....

And the fact Pardew has mentioned him and the fact he's looking for a midfielder that is set piece specialist, help us keep the ball better and someone who could score goals.

Seems to suggest he probably is a target ( infact i know he's a target), we will buy a midfielder its just a question of who and what type of midfielder.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Posts : 62969
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: who do you think might be the surprise player of Euro 2012

Post by McLewis on Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:28 am

Ludovic Obraniak of Poland is another one to watch.

Had a good season with Bordeaux and was quite good for Lille the season before as well.

_________________
avatar
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 10136
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Re: who do you think might be the surprise player of Euro 2012

Post by RedOranje on Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:55 am

Everything I've seen and heard of Elm puts him at above average but not much else. He's got good shots from range but his passing range is not particularly spectacular nor is he a great tackler. He's a jack of all trades but master of none. Liverpool's interest in him will likely die if Sigurdsson joins.

AZ don't actually have a great squad, to be honest. Don't let their position in the table fool you, Twente arguably had a stronger squad but failed to play cohesively for much of the season.

Don't get me wrong, Elm is a solid player and he'd be a good addition to Newcastle's or Liverpool's squad. However, nothing about him suggests he will be a top player in the future, nor do I believe he'd generally be the player to really improve either Liverpool's or Newcastle's starting XI, especially with other options available.

_________________
avatar
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 11099
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: who do you think might be the surprise player of Euro 2012

Post by Don't call me James on Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:40 am

I expect all of these guys to make a name for themselves.

Giannis Fetfatzidis (Greece)

Tomas Necid (Czech Republic)

Jetro Willems (Netherlands)
Kevin Strootman (Netherlands)

Marco Reus (Germany)

Shane Long (Republic of Ireland)

Andryi Yarmolenko (Ukraine)



_________________
avatar
Don't call me James
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina
Posts : 28115
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 101

Back to top Go down

Re: who do you think might be the surprise player of Euro 2012

Post by BarcaLearning on Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:35 am

Torres Razz
avatar
BarcaLearning
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 4792
Join date : 2011-12-08

Back to top Go down

Re: who do you think might be the surprise player of Euro 2012

Post by guest7 on Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:31 am

I disagree Red, although he's not a very pacey player does his visions and smart decisions covers that up. He's a hard working player that can play both as defensive and attacking midfielder and also as a winger if needed to. He's a playmaker that prefers to work in the silent to get the job done, a little like Xabi Alonso. His crosses are amazing and his shot ain't that bad either.


Last edited by Se7en on Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:05 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7996
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: who do you think might be the surprise player of Euro 2012

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy on Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:54 am

If people are talking about Ramus Elm then he is not a winger. He is an above average player,that is it. I have seen a bit of AZ & he did not impress me much.

The only stand-out thing is his brilliant FK's & long shots even then he has Lol worthy moments like the PK against Udinese.

I can pretty much guarantee that against a good team like France he will NOT stand out. Maybe against England who might play Downing,Henderson,Carrol he might.

His upper ceiling is quite average to be honest. Clasie was by far the Mid-Fielder in Eredivisie this year followed by Strootman-Anita & he could not get into Holland Team 11 thanks to Bert. Elm has no chance at a Break-through season.

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Posts : 867
Join date : 2012-05-18

Back to top Go down

Re: who do you think might be the surprise player of Euro 2012

Post by lszanto on Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:50 am

What are the chances that Fetfatzidis gets a run? I have no idea, don't really follow the Greek NT much.
avatar
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians
Posts : 3354
Join date : 2011-07-24

Back to top Go down

Re: who do you think might be the surprise player of Euro 2012

Post by Die Borussen on Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:57 am

@lszanto wrote:What are the chances that Fetfatzidis gets a run? I have no idea, don't really follow the Greek NT much.

he will definetly not start

to sum it up

he plays on the wings there were greece's coach has as starters
Ninis on the right and samaras on the left
as first choice subs are salpigidis on the right in ninis place
and fortounis & fetfatzidis as subs in samaras place with fortounis having the edge as the priority sub over fetfatzidis

as you see the chances are slim

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 3442
Join date : 2012-01-17

Back to top Go down

Re: who do you think might be the surprise player of Euro 2012

Post by lszanto on Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:03 am

deadrave wrote:
@lszanto wrote:What are the chances that Fetfatzidis gets a run? I have no idea, don't really follow the Greek NT much.

he will definetly not start

to sum it up

he plays on the wings there were greece's coach has as starters
Ninis on the right and samaras on the left
as first choice subs are salpigidis on the right in ninis place
and fortounis & fetfatzidis as subs in samaras place with fortounis having the edge as the priority sub over fetfatzidis

as you see the chances are slim

Fair enough, I only ask cause he's a really fun player in fifa(sounds stupid aye) and was wondering if I could see him in real life.
avatar
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians
Posts : 3354
Join date : 2011-07-24

Back to top Go down

Re: who do you think might be the surprise player of Euro 2012

Post by Forza on Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:04 am

Zyrayanov
avatar
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham
Posts : 8871
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Re: who do you think might be the surprise player of Euro 2012

Post by BarcaKizz on Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:23 am

I think Afellay will be one of the best players in the tournament.
avatar
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3406
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: who do you think might be the surprise player of Euro 2012

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:49 am

Cabaye :coffee: will be worth over 30m come the end of the tournament :coffee:

_________________
avatar
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 62969
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: who do you think might be the surprise player of Euro 2012

Post by Dante on Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:54 am

@Cotes wrote:
@Dante wrote:
@Cotes wrote:Emanuele Giaccherini Very Happy


you kidding me , he will be lucky enough to play a game as a substitute . I am not the guy to talk things about Italian NT , but common sense says lol no :coffee:

common sense says this thread is called "might be the surprise player"
so you might be surprised...

I am surprised enough watching his name in the thread :coffee:

_________________

Grazie Silvio . For everything
avatar
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 5460
Join date : 2011-07-09
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: who do you think might be the surprise player of Euro 2012

Post by Dante on Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:01 pm

@lszanto wrote:
deadrave wrote:
@lszanto wrote:What are the chances that Fetfatzidis gets a run? I have no idea, don't really follow the Greek NT much.

he will definetly not start

to sum it up

he plays on the wings there were greece's coach has as starters
Ninis on the right and samaras on the left
as first choice subs are salpigidis on the right in ninis place
and fortounis & fetfatzidis as subs in samaras place with fortounis having the edge as the priority sub over fetfatzidis

as you see the chances are slim

Fair enough, I only ask cause he's a really fun player in fifa(sounds stupid aye) and was wondering if I could see him in real life.

He's very talented. Fast and really great dribbler with solid control of the ball , plus he has very good vision too .He's amazing with the ball.

He's quite weak though and tacticaly needs to improve; can't seem to stop dribbling people sometimes , when he becomes a bit more athletic and simplifies his game , he will definitely catch a lot of attention by major clubs.

_________________

Grazie Silvio . For everything
avatar
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 5460
Join date : 2011-07-09
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: who do you think might be the surprise player of Euro 2012

Post by halamadrid2 on Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:13 pm

@Kingofeverythingclassy wrote:If people are talking about Ramus Elm then he is not a winger. He is an above average player,that is it. I have seen a bit of AZ & he did not impress me much.

The only stand-out thing is his brilliant FK's & long shots even then he has Lol worthy moments like the PK against Udinese.

I can pretty much guarantee that against a good team like France he will NOT stand out. Maybe against England who might play Downing,Henderson,Carrol he might.

His upper ceiling is quite average to be honest. Clasie was by far the Mid-Fielder in Eredivisie this year followed by Strootman-Anita & he could not get into Holland Team 11 thanks to Bert. Elm has no chance at a Break-through season.

well i disagree, he has kids playing with him if we are to go by his talent, when he plays for Sweden his talent is showcased abit more because he is surrounded by better players, he would definitely improve any teams squad

his through balls are pretty great, thats why i don't want him to play for a Dutch team, he cant showcase his great talent playing against/alongside average players, heck all Swedish players who went to the Dutch league all start and are one of the best of their teams but half of them don't even get called up for friendlies

Heck when Alkamaar played Ajax, he pawned Eriksen who everyone are overrating

EPL is the way to go

:bow:

avatar
halamadrid2
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 19270
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: who do you think might be the surprise player of Euro 2012

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy on Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:37 pm

@halamadrid2 wrote:
@Kingofeverythingclassy wrote:If people are talking about Ramus Elm then he is not a winger. He is an above average player,that is it. I have seen a bit of AZ & he did not impress me much.

The only stand-out thing is his brilliant FK's & long shots even then he has Lol worthy moments like the PK against Udinese.

I can pretty much guarantee that against a good team like France he will NOT stand out. Maybe against England who might play Downing,Henderson,Carrol he might.

His upper ceiling is quite average to be honest. Clasie was by far the Mid-Fielder in Eredivisie this year followed by Strootman-Anita & he could not get into Holland Team 11 thanks to Bert. Elm has no chance at a Break-through season.

well i disagree, he has kids playing with him if we are to go by his talent, when he plays for Sweden his talent is showcased abit more because he is surrounded by better players, he would definitely improve any teams squad

his through balls are pretty great, thats why i don't want him to play for a Dutch team, he cant showcase his great talent playing against/alongside average players, heck all Swedish players who went to the Dutch league all start and are one of the best of their teams but half of them don't even get called up for friendlies

Heck when Alkamaar played Ajax, he pawned Eriksen who everyone are overrating

EPL is the way to go

:bow:


I dont base my comments on Youtube videos. So dont post it. I watch matches & make my assumptions. In Youtube DI Maria looks like a mini-Messi.

Anyways Eriksen is 2 rungs higher than Elm. Elm would not even make the starting line up at Ajax. Its not funny. I dont over-rate Eriksen because I doubt if he will be a great player because multiple young talents flop. So Eriksen could be one of those. But he is a talented rookie & 19.

Elm is 24 odd. He wont develop much anymore. And he was a mediocre player. I doubt if he deserves a place in a team like AZ if they had Schaars. I mean he was Schaars' lackey & now he has supposedly become great now that Schaars is gone.

Well i watch his matches & he is an average player bar his Free Kicks,long shots which are awesome. He does not that creativity or spark.

And I doubt if he would make it in a big team in EPL. When I watch AZ,Maher stands out more than Elm in talent but Maher is a 19 year old rookie & he can be rubbish at times too.

So since Elm is playing in a league where Vilhena who shines for Feyenoord & still playing U-17 its much easier for him at 24 to stamp his physical & mental supremacy over mostly a bunch of talented kids.

I assume you are talking about Break-out stars. As in who would light the Euros on fire,become a Top 10 player in the Euros & make people take notice. Unfortunately Elm is not that guy

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Posts : 867
Join date : 2012-05-18

Back to top Go down

Re: who do you think might be the surprise player of Euro 2012

Post by halamadrid2 on Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:04 pm

urrmmm that was just a goal i liked off him, i have watched him alot thank you very much

Elm arrived in AZ two seasons ago and is already a star there, Toivonen went to PSV about 3 seasons ago and is already PSVs captain, Guidetti has only been there for a season and he was the best striker of that league

clearly that league is average and he would stand out alot more in a better league than that hence EPL will be great for him, i am not saying i am sure of it but since i see how good he does when he plays for the NT with better players i am sure he wont have problems adapting to that league with better players around him
avatar
halamadrid2
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 19270
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: who do you think might be the surprise player of Euro 2012

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy on Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:52 pm

@halamadrid2 wrote:urrmmm that was just a goal i liked off him, i have watched him alot thank you very much

Elm arrived in AZ two seasons ago and is already a star there, Toivonen went to PSV about 3 seasons ago and is already PSVs captain, Guidetti has only been there for a season and he was the best striker of that league

clearly that league is average and he would stand out alot more in a better league than that hence EPL will be great for him, i am not saying i am sure of it but since i see how good he does when he plays for the NT with better players i am sure he wont have problems adapting to that league with better players around him
@halamadrid2 wrote:urrmmm that was just a goal i liked off him, i have watched him alot thank you very much

Elm arrived in AZ two seasons ago and is already a star there, Toivonen went to PSV about 3 seasons ago and is already PSVs captain, Guidetti has only been there for a season and he was the best striker of that league

clearly that league is average and he would stand out alot more in a better league than that hence EPL will be great for him, i am not saying i am sure of it but since i see how good he does when he plays for the NT with better players i am sure he wont have problems adapting to that league with better players around him

He is not even a star in Eredivisie I doubt he will be a star in Eredivisie I doubt he will be much successful in IPL. If he was any star then AZ would have won the league not get destroyed in the last few mach4es on after the other.

Only reason why he was a semi-star was Schaars an above average player left so in comes a new average player & he comes the Main Player.

And Toivonen has been playing for years for Swden. And teh only reason why he is starting for PSV is because he is captain & the most experienced or one of the senior blokes. Otherwise Toivonen does not deserve to start over Wijlnaldum or Matavz.

Guidetto has 7-8 PKs out of his 18 odd goals & last season feyenoord were in dumpo,this season they finished 2nd , then also last season Castaignos hit 17 odd goalss & he is not even in the Reserve or U-17 in DUtch squad. And Guidettti suddenly becomes huge.

Elm can leave,it wont make any difference to the league anyway. Guys like Jan Vertonghen have outgrown the league & become something great. I will miss Jan. But not Elm.



Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Posts : 867
Join date : 2012-05-18

Back to top Go down

Re: who do you think might be the surprise player of Euro 2012

Post by Art Morte on Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:34 pm

Eduardo.
avatar
Art Morte
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 15589
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Re: who do you think might be the surprise player of Euro 2012

Post by lenear1030 on Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:53 pm

Strootman.

_________________


:coffee:
avatar
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 2881
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: who do you think might be the surprise player of Euro 2012

Post by Internal on Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:41 am

Angelo ogbonna

_________________
avatar
Internal
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 1046
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: who do you think might be the surprise player of Euro 2012

Post by Dante on Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:06 pm

Andriy Iarmolenko from Ukraine .

And i think Huntelaar will prove to be decisive for Holland as well .

_________________

Grazie Silvio . For everything
avatar
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 5460
Join date : 2011-07-09
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: who do you think might be the surprise player of Euro 2012

Post by halamadrid2 on Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:47 pm

@Kingofeverythingclassy wrote:

He is not even a star in Eredivisie I doubt he will be a star in Eredivisie I doubt he will be much successful in IPL. If he was any star then AZ would have won the league not get destroyed in the last few mach4es on after the other.

Only reason why he was a semi-star was Schaars an above average player left so in comes a new average player & he comes the Main Player.

And Toivonen has been playing for years for Swden. And teh only reason why he is starting for PSV is because he is captain & the most experienced or one of the senior blokes. Otherwise Toivonen does not deserve to start over Wijlnaldum or Matavz.

Guidetto has 7-8 PKs out of his 18 odd goals & last season feyenoord were in dumpo,this season they finished 2nd , then also last season Castaignos hit 17 odd goalss & he is not even in the Reserve or U-17 in DUtch squad. And Guidettti suddenly becomes huge.

Elm can leave,it wont make any difference to the league anyway. Guys like Jan Vertonghen have outgrown the league & become something great. I will miss Jan. But not Elm.



shows how much you know really, Toivonen has never played for Sweden he was called up for the qualification, he is benched for Elmander in the NT and Toivonen is senior???? he is barely 24 ffs, they have Isaksson who has played there for nearly his whole career and is over 30, also when Berg(the swedish flop) went to PSV he was an automatic starter, its funny because Guidetti is seen as a God by the Feyernoord fans they worship him and he has scored more than 20 so your argument is invalid

The league is for amateurs which is why i want the better players like Elm to play for a better league
avatar
halamadrid2
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 19270
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: who do you think might be the surprise player of Euro 2012

Post by Le Samourai on Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:53 pm

@Le Samourai wrote:Erm.

Dzagoev.

Spoiler:
Jesus Navas

Good start from him.

_________________
avatar
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 11544
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Re: who do you think might be the surprise player of Euro 2012

Post by Ganso on Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:44 pm

@Le Samourai wrote:
@Le Samourai wrote:Erm.

Dzagoev.

Spoiler:
Jesus Navas

Good start from him.
:bow:
avatar
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 15518
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum