RealGunner
Pedram
shaven
49 posters

Page 10 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Zinedine Zidane - Page 10 Empty Re: Zinedine Zidane

Post by Doc Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:37 pm

Mc Hammer broke or Martha Stewart broke?

Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:49 pm

50 Cent broke probably. All that money lying in Swiss bank accounts while they pretend to be broke Proud
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:57 pm

Frankly, if the argument is "we have too many players, so we cant sign pogba" then we dont need him.

imo, the question is whether pogba is so good that we cant let him pass by, even at 100 mil, even at the expense of our current player. that's where the debate lies to me.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:57 pm

sportsczy wrote:Read that on Mundo Deportivo... it seems that they feel overstocked in the midfield and don't want to pay 90-100 mile for Pogba like City and Chelsea are willing to do. A shame. He basically stayed on an extra year at Juve because he was promised by Barca that they would buy him after the transfer ban.... shows their ethics lol

Because Mundo Crap says so...

Typical self-righteous attitude from these Spanish teams and their supporters.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:01 pm

The main reason they cant buy him is because they cant afford him.Its that simple.
But these crap Mundo Deportivo journalists need to paint a different story because they are Mes que un club and all that and they cant look weak in front of lesser teams.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:03 pm

S wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Read that on Mundo Deportivo... it seems that they feel overstocked in the midfield and don't want to pay 90-100 mile for Pogba like City and Chelsea are willing to do. A shame. He basically stayed on an extra year at Juve because he was promised by Barca that they would buy him after the transfer ban.... shows their ethics lol

Because Mundo Crap says so...

Typical self-righteous attitude from these Spanish teams and their supporters.

I can't speak for all supporters but the 2 Catalan papers are the worst sports papers in the country. Even the Madrid-biased papers Marca and AS from time to time have some critical, if not harsh words for Madrid, especially AS vs. uncle Flo, but MD and Sport are 100 % cheerleader papers of the Barca board. The biggest criticism they will come up with is blaming "outside forces from the capital trying to surpress Barca". Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:10 pm

That actually depends on the position too dont you think?

Modric is miles ahead of Pogba so i dont think there should be a debate.

Is Pogba willing to become a CDM? then yeah he is welcome. Will he become another Kroos? that is unable to defend properly as an Anchor man? Then it will be a massive fail.We will be stuck with him playing that role for years.

Now Pogba can play the LCM role but is he really better than Kroos,Isco or even Kovacic in that role?. The entire what ever little balance we currently have is because of Isco busting his guts. He is running the most and recovering the most balls in last few games,unsurprisingly.Can Pogba do that? i dont think so.

Is he that good offensively so that playing there is worth it? NO is my answer. Dont think he is that good at affecting games, yet.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:18 pm

Flo showed less than no interest in him. Even if we were to assume that Mundo's article is true (unlikely) and that Z is capable of convincing Flo to shell out, at least, 100m to buy a player he's not even interested in (unlikely), I'm not so sure Pogba is worth all the trouble.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:40 pm

There is no need of Pogba, especially with 2 superior talents of the same age playing his position, and Ceballos from Betis coming
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:58 pm

I'm not sure that Ceballos signing is going to happen!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Blanco Madridista Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:44 pm

Pogba signing would be pointless.

El Blanco Madridista
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:56 pm

And today's match just showed why we need someone like Pogba. one who is technical but also PHYSICAL and ATHLETIC. Very slow, and weak midfield. Very concerned. Though Kovacic gives me some hope in that he certainly isnt static like the rest. but alas, he isnt physically imposing but at least he isnt slow compared to his other peers. he accelerates well imo. Kovacic needs more minutes. I liked his time on the pitch.

This is a good match for Zidane to check himself as not every game will be 5-0 wins.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudio84 Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:45 pm

Turok_TTZ wrote:And today's match just showed why we need someone like Pogba. one who is technical but also PHYSICAL and ATHLETIC. Very slow, and weak midfield. Very concerned. Though Kovacic gives me some hope in that he certainly isnt static like the rest. but alas, he isnt physically imposing but at least he isnt slow compared to his other peers. he accelerates well imo. Kovacic needs more minutes. I liked his time on the pitch.

This is a good match for Zidane to check himself as not every game will be 5-0 wins.

That play when he accelerates and passes to Benzema, reminded me of Luka.

Claudio84
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:38 am

Yeah, we never win the midfield battles, it's very concerning. That's why i too think it reasonable to ask the question about Pogba, regardless of the amounts.

We cant be barca pressing and suffocating teams with possession, we need to balance out what we do with more athleticism.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:22 am

Without Bale, we have no speed and athleticism... our best athletes are our CBs by far. That's not going to work.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:47 am

i count on Guardiola's heir to figure it out, we need to increase tiki taka and possession
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:54 am

How would Pogba who isn't better passer than any of the current midfielders going to help with tiki taka and possession? Not to say he loses more balls than all of them combined.

I don't get why athletism automatically goes to Pogba who is another individual player basically. If we need to improve a position athletically then it is the anchor role and Pogba can't play that.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:16 am

You clearly haven't watched Pogba the last 2-3 months Adit...  catch the next few Juve games.  Look how he's evolved.  Or ask S... he can tell you.  His passing have mades leaps and bounds.

As far as athleticism... Pogba puts defenders on their heels because he can out pace them. He also wins almost all his 1v1 duels. And since he's big and strong, he can't get bullied... he does the bullying. You have to be strong on the ball and put some doubt/fear into the minds of the opposition. None of our mids do that except Modric. Modric alone is not enough.

@Nick...  you can't put lipstick on a pig and call it a supermodel.  We have one AM playing RW, another AM playing CM and yet another AM playing holding mid.  No matter how well you coach or scheme, you're never going to be an elite team when the talent is built like that.  You can be pretty good though.  And I think we're getting close to playing as well as we possibly can with this group imo.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:35 am

Adit wrote:How would Pogba who isn't better passer than any of the current midfielders going to help with tiki taka and possession? Not to say he loses more balls than all of them combined.

I don't get why athletism automatically goes to Pogba who is another individual player basically. If we need to improve a position athletically then it is the anchor role and Pogba can't play that.
Well, i dont exactly see how Isco is a better passer than Pogba. Both are nothing exceptional, but i watch both and Pogba takes more risks with his passing, specially the long diagonals for ex.

we SHOULD improve our mediocentro, i truly cant stand watching a DM who doesnt know how to tackle. I genuinely feel like slapping Kroos when i see him running sideways of another player and not going down to tackle him, it's a disgrace.

Now, after that, one player alone doesnt win a midfied battle. He needs help and i guess it fits into the discussion we were having here.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:37 am

i have some opinions on this game. i always like to take some time before positing on games such as this, so i don't get caught up in the frustration of the moment...aside from the last clasico- any anger displayed then, was perfectly justified. i'm not going to talk about the line up/formation. my position on that has been clear since last season....
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:38 am

or at least put a shoulder or try to dispossess the guy. If a player gets even with Kroos, he just lets him go... and then freakin stops running to boot.

I hope today's game was an aberration for Marcelo btw... as meh as he was on the attack, he was a disaster on defense.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:58 am

btw Lass is 30 lol, Ngolo Kante?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:07 am

sportsczy wrote:You clearly haven't watched Pogba the last 2-3 months Adit...  catch the next few Juve games.  Look how he's evolved.  Or ask S... he can tell you.  His passing have mades leaps and bounds.

As far as athleticism... Pogba puts defenders on their heels because he can out pace them. He also wins almost all his 1v1 duels. And since he's big and strong, he can't get bullied... he does the bullying. You have to be strong on the ball and put some doubt/fear into the minds of the opposition. None of our mids do that except Modric. Modric alone is not enough.

@Nick...  you can't put lipstick on a pig and call it a supermodel.  We have one AM playing RW, another AM playing CM and yet another AM playing holding mid.  No matter how well you coach or scheme, you're never going to be an elite team when the talent is built like that.  You can be pretty good though.  And I think we're getting close to playing as well as we possibly can with this group imo.

What do you think I'm basing my opinion on ,whosvored?

Pogba isnt better than any of our current midfielders in passing department. He is however better at dribbling than all of them. If you want to have better passing then you bring verrati not another player who need ball at his feet for long time.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:13 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:
Adit wrote:How would Pogba who isn't better passer than any of the current midfielders going to help with tiki taka and possession? Not to say he loses more balls than all of them combined.

Well, i dont exactly see how Isco is a better passer than Pogba. Both are nothing exceptional, but i watch both and Pogba takes more risks with his passing, specially the long diagonals for ex.

we SHOULD improve our mediocentro, i truly cant stand watching a DM who doesnt know how to tackle. I genuinely feel like slapping Kroos when i see him running sideways of another player and not going down to tackle him, it's a disgrace.

Now, after that, one player alone doesnt win a midfied battle. He needs help and i guess it fits into the discussion we were having here.

Isco edges him in passing, that's what I observe. I also think isco has better decision making than Pogba when In possession (which is still not the best but better than Pogba s any way). Pogba loosing the ball trying more Hollywood balls and useless dribbles r attempted is no problem for Juve since they have a good defensive system in place to win it back.

Pogba won't improve the possession play. That I'm sure, he will bring physicality but can be do the job Isco currently doing? That is running for two players.. Defending midfield and wing back at same time. Covering for CR .

I will not bet on 120 mill player whose strength is further up the field agreeing to work just as much as isco is doing now.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:15 am

We need physicality in position it needs the most.. The DM role.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:26 am

I see it differently, let's agree to disagree.

On one end you have a player taking more risks with his passing, on the other another not attempting through balls and playing conservative. Which one is better? it's a matter of point of view, depends what you are looking for. But both can be frustrating.

I am not sure there is much point discussing this with you anyway, you already made up your mind. I dont think you are objectively looking at each player' strength
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next