C.Marchisio #8
The Franchise
Khaled
64 posters

Page 40 of 41 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41  Next

Go down

La Masia - Page 40 Empty Re: La Masia

Post by futbol Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:13 pm

But Masia hasn't really produced a lot of good depth players apart from Sergi Roberto.

Montoya was useless and I doubt we'll get even € 3M for him after his loan spell at Inter. A rightback definitely had to be bought (Vidal).

Munir did fine against Espanyol for the first time in ages but apart from that him and Sandro aren't the type of player you want to rely on upfront when Messi and Suarez are unavailable (which is the case now against Athletic Bilbao for example) which is why the coach demands Nolito.

Tello ... I can't even grasp how an academy that prides itself to produce technical players can produce such a 1-dimension speed merchant. He's linked with a loan move to Fiorentina these days. Will hardly get any money for him either after endless loan spells.

Jonathan dos Santos. Already forgotten that he ever existed.

Bartra is semi useful against bottom table teams but even then the coach prefers Vermaelen and Mathieu who are far from being world beaters and the club seems to be extensively scouting Stones. Barca's interest in Marquinhos about a year ago is also nothing new. Which says a lot about Bartra's level if he can't get past Vermaelen and Mathieu and the club is looking for a young centerback talent.

Masip. His existence is pointless.

Did I forget someone? Roberto is truly the only player who contributes. The rest doesn't contribute and isn't sellable for much. On top of that half the B team players' contracts got rescinded after showing relegation form for 2 seasons straight. Seems a huge waste of money to invest € 25M every year only to end up with a Sergi Roberto and Bartra every few years (I'm of course insinuating that we won't see another Messi, Xavi, Iniesta coming through Masia for at least another 20 years or so, maybe longer).

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:27 pm

My question is even if LA masia is not performing as per expectations why not try and improve its functioning rather than shutting it altogether?

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:56 pm

football you seam to forget Thiago who was lost due to idiocy of the management (sold 25 mill). You seam to forget Pedro who was basically a good backup player (one we sold 27 mil). You seam to forget Rafinha too, who had a bad luck of getting injured (shit happens). You also forget signings like Chygrinski who turned great. I prefer Bartra than experiment with another Chigrynski.

Lets count other small transfer just this season:

Adama: 10 mil
Deulofeu: 6mil
Denis: 4 mil

There you have 20 mil.

So go ahead and ignore all I said and do your math!
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:02 pm

Pirloisjesus wrote:My question is even if LA masia is not performing as per expectations why not try and improve its functioning rather than shutting it altogether?

THat is why i posted earlier has this transfer ban hit Masia the most. I mean a lot of young prospects were not allowed to compete until now.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:15 pm

eelir wrote:
Lets count other small transfer just this season:

Adama: 10 mil
Deulofeu: 6mil
Denis: 4 mil

Even in these days where our Masia is clearly mismanaged and our youth talent mistreated, la Masia is breaking even.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:17 pm

eelir wrote:
Pirloisjesus wrote:My question is even if LA masia is not performing as per expectations why not try and improve its functioning rather than shutting it altogether?

THat is why i posted earlier has this transfer ban hit Masia the most. I mean a lot of young prospects were not allowed to compete until now.

And many others had to leave the Club, like Takefusa Kubo or Ben Lederman.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:46 pm

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3rxqru_highlights-futbol-juvenil-fc-barcelona-a-lleida-5-1_sport

Lee and Aleñá show vs. Lleida Esportiu.
Lee looks out of rythm and is too small. Let's hope he has a late growth spurt to make him a bit more faster and bigger.
Aleñá is a sure thing first teamer sooner or later.

Today they also beat FC Midtjylland in the round of 16 of the Uefa Youth League, to advance to the quarterfinals 3-1.

Last edited by free_cat on Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:01 pm; edited 3 times in total
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:51 pm

Lee is surely going to get in shape soon.

Alena is the real deal though hes probably going to leave like most do nowadays.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:59 pm

Sorry, that video is not good, here the correct one:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3ttncg_fc-barcelona-u19-3-1-midtjylland-u19-hd-all-goals-full-highlights-youth-league-23-02-2016-hd_sport
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:05 am

How is Alena doing this season? He is with Barca B, correct?
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:52 am

Between the B and Juvenil A, mostly Juvenil.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:17 pm

UEFA Youth League has some stupidity. We've been knocked out by Anderlecht, a team that didn't compete in the group phase. They entered with 32 other teams that won their leagues, and at 1/8 they face the 8 remaining teams that entered the group phase. And they get home advantadge with no return leg. Kinda stupid. Lost 2-0 although it seems we dominated the match.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:57 pm

Yah they should of at least gave us home field if that's the case.

Will be rooting for Ajax from here on out then
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:54 am

http://www.goal.com/en/news/468/international-football/2016/10/05/28176442/who-is-labinot-kabashi-meet-barcelonas-16-year-old-wonderkid

A kid from Kosovo who plays in Masia got called up for a national team. I asked about him here a while ago, but no one seamed to recognize him.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:49 am

eelir wrote:http://www.goal.com/en/news/468/international-football/2016/10/05/28176442/who-is-labinot-kabashi-meet-barcelonas-16-year-old-wonderkid

A kid from Kosovo who plays in Masia got called up for a national team. I asked about him here a while ago, but no one seamed to recognize him.

Never seen him. Will try to catch him at some game.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:16 pm

So question - I'm a bit confused as to how the division that Barcelona B works. If they finish 1st in the table, are they automatically promoted or do they still have to play some sort of playoff to gain promotion?
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:13 am

Barca B promoted Very Happy
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:51 pm

Juvenil A beat Chelsea 3-0 in the final and win the UEFA Youth Leauge.

La Masia - Page 40 Dbe3SF_UQAAwgCw
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:53 am

Been watching some of the B games. Watched today. Impressive game by the RB Wague. Would need to watch more but seems could make the step up.
Alena is clearly too good for the B and deserves a shot with the first team. Chumi also seems a promising CB who could potentially make the step up. Have not been impressed with either of Miranda or Busquets despite the hype.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:25 pm

Saw again today.We won 5-1.
Miranda is a curious case. Everyone at the club seems to rate him highly. Reason Cucu was loaned because they believe Miranda to be the superior talent. Even Valverde rates him. Yet, I dont see it. Maybe he is still learning the ropes.
The 3 midfielders had a good game with Riqui possibly being the worst despite getting two assists. He definitely needs to put on 10 pounds if he wants to play for the first team. Monchu had a terrific game and was the most impressive of the 3. All 3 of them can play in La Liga.
Chumi impressed again. He deserves chances with the first team. I think he could turn out to be a good defender.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:12 am

Watched the game today. Comfortable 3-0 win at home. It was a very dominant performance and very impressed by the midfield. We had Monchu playing DM with Collado and Riqui playing ahead of him.
Monchu doesnt get the hype that Riqui gets but he is a wonderful talent. He doesnt have the dribbling ability of Riqui but super clean technique and a very good passer. It's difficult to tell at the B team level but at the very least he deserves chances with the first team.
Riqui had a good game too. He has all the skill in the world but is a lightweight. If he could add maybe 10 pounds, he would stand a chance in the first team.
The fullback too had impressive games. Wague is an excellent athlete and good on the ball too. Miranda had 2 assists and a goal. His problem is that he lacks the most important thing for a FB, which is pace.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:23 pm

The issue with the B team and the only reason they will likely not get promoted is the lack of an attacking threat. The midfield has been great, and even the defense/keeper has been great but Abel Ruiz, Carles Perez and co seriously faded into nothing and basically didn't finish any of the amazing play the the midfield created for them. Barca B has done everything but have a guy who can finish.

Also to note, Puig is rumored to be promoted next season and Takefusa Kubo will be playing with Barcelona B next season and is likely coming to replace Puigs role.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:59 am

windkick wrote:The issue with the B team and the only reason they will likely not get promoted is the lack of an attacking threat. The midfield has been great, and even the defense/keeper has been great but Abel Ruiz, Carles Perez and co seriously faded into nothing and basically didn't finish any of the amazing play the the midfield created for them. Barca B has done everything but have a guy who can finish.

Also to note, Puig is rumored to be promoted next season and Takefusa Kubo will be playing with Barcelona B next season and is likely coming to replace Puigs role.

I agree. They lack a scorer. Abel ruiz is not good. Perez was scoring in the occasional games but with him injured dont see where the goals are going to come from.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:20 am

The more I watch Monchu, the more impressed I am. He doesnt have Riqui's hype but he has performed the better of the two whenever I have watched.
Played CM earlier but since Busquets has been benched and now Monchu plays DM.
Dominated Villareal playing DM. Outstanding talent who deserves a shot. great technique, great passing, great shot on him and has character.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:27 pm

Game being streamed live on Barca youtube in case anyone wants to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na7d7oJ02wk

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:58 pm

Losing 1-0 after completely dominating. Story of Barca B this season. Meribel missed two open nets. Not sure how. Other chances were similarly squandered.
Miranda has had a blinder. Created like 6 chances. Monchu's passing is a thing of beauty. Kid looks a baller. Riqui has had a poor game. His passing needs a lot of work. Collado is an interesting player. He is a floater, technically plays midfield but has license to float all over the pitch. Very similar to how David Silva plays.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 41 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41  Next