euro 2012 discussion thread

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

which team will win the european cup?

23% 23% 
[ 21 ]
14% 14% 
[ 13 ]
9% 9% 
[ 8 ]
27% 27% 
[ 25 ]
11% 11% 
[ 10 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
5% 5% 
[ 5 ]
1% 1% 
[ 1 ]
9% 9% 
[ 8 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
1% 1% 
[ 2 ]
 
Total Votes : 93

Re: euro 2012 discussion thread

Post by halamadrid2 on Mon May 21, 2012 11:04 pm

why isnt Sweden in there??? O.o??

Anyways i think Sweden will go further than most "big" teams, one of France/England will have to say goodbye in the the group stages i am afraid

halamadrid2
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 19012
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: euro 2012 discussion thread

Post by Lord Hades on Mon May 21, 2012 11:05 pm

portugal because they have the best player in the world albino


nah, spain for me , one of the best gks , still a very competent defense, world class midfield , great attack provided the right players are chosen, amazing bench , hugely experienced coach , plus i think the other teams might still be a bit green


Last edited by Lord Hades on Mon May 21, 2012 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-X_dxsD3_J1M/TjpQKiNFJRI/AAAAAAAA0Bs/EHX7g53qW5s/s400/Real-Madrid-Wallpaper.jpg [ /img]
avatar
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 3870
Join date : 2011-06-07
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: euro 2012 discussion thread

Post by Albiceleste on Mon May 21, 2012 11:13 pm

I honestly can't see Netherlands not bottling it, with how Robben has been doing and Sneijder, Afellay coming off of a lengthy injury, hardly a decent defender and RVP being a shadow of his Arsenal self with the NT.

Portugal? I'll give them until the semi finals where they will get knocked out by Spain, book it.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb
Posts : 11137
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 23

Back to top Go down

Re: euro 2012 discussion thread

Post by Le Samourai on Mon May 21, 2012 11:14 pm

Semi Finals Laughing

_________________
avatar
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 11544
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Re: euro 2012 discussion thread

Post by Lord Hades on Mon May 21, 2012 11:15 pm

you ll actually give them a hope right till the semi finalS?

brave!

_________________
[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-X_dxsD3_J1M/TjpQKiNFJRI/AAAAAAAA0Bs/EHX7g53qW5s/s400/Real-Madrid-Wallpaper.jpg [ /img]
avatar
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 3870
Join date : 2011-06-07
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: euro 2012 discussion thread

Post by S32TABLANCA on Mon May 21, 2012 11:27 pm

deadrave wrote:
@S32TABLANCA wrote:
deadrave wrote:
@S32TABLANCA wrote:Greece... :facepalm: You're only there because of the random srappy set piece (paid-for) goal against us in the last minute of injury time Sad

no we are only here cause we have one of the best defences in the tournament at the moment Smile dont forget half of the qualification games we missed importand defenders and we conceded only 5 goals in 10 games Laughing cmon like spain conceded more goals in a group with 2 lesser games rofl which also included "Liechtenstein"

attacking wise we suck, at least we got ninis for a good cross
but trust me it wont be easy to beat our defence whoever the opponent is

anyway im just joking arround but we can pull out a qualification for the round of 16..
portugal will take it Smile


No you aren't SMH, you are there because of that goal. If you hadn't scored (read: bought) that goal, Croatia would have won the group on goal difference.

ffs we lost 0 games. we deserve to be here
stop hating. you gathered 1 point in 10 games.. not my fault Heart

I can hate as much as I want. Its our fault for selling games, but fact remains that without that goal you would not be at the competition. If you had to scrape through with a dodgy last minute set piece scrappy goal against one of the worst NTs in Europe, it doesnt say much for your quality. I come from a tiny country, its OK if we're shit Laughing

_________________



VIVA MALTA
avatar
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 3318
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: euro 2012 discussion thread

Post by Die Borussen on Mon May 21, 2012 11:54 pm

@S32TABLANCA wrote:
deadrave wrote:
@S32TABLANCA wrote:
deadrave wrote:
@S32TABLANCA wrote:Greece... :facepalm: You're only there because of the random srappy set piece (paid-for) goal against us in the last minute of injury time Sad

no we are only here cause we have one of the best defences in the tournament at the moment Smile dont forget half of the qualification games we missed importand defenders and we conceded only 5 goals in 10 games Laughing cmon like spain conceded more goals in a group with 2 lesser games rofl which also included "Liechtenstein"

attacking wise we suck, at least we got ninis for a good cross
but trust me it wont be easy to beat our defence whoever the opponent is

anyway im just joking arround but we can pull out a qualification for the round of 16..
portugal will take it Smile


No you aren't SMH, you are there because of that goal. If you hadn't scored (read: bought) that goal, Croatia would have won the group on goal difference.

ffs we lost 0 games. we deserve to be here
stop hating. you gathered 1 point in 10 games.. not my fault Heart

I can hate as much as I want. Its our fault for selling games, but fact remains that without that goal you would not be at the competition. If you had to scrape through with a dodgy last minute set piece scrappy goal against one of the worst NTs in Europe, it doesnt say much for your quality. I come from a tiny country, its OK if we're shit Laughing

fact is my country is tiny as well Wink

btw dont forget even if we didnt score that "scrappy" goal we'd still end up 2nd . we'd just have to play 1 more game in order to qualify

which would be against turkey.
easy :coffee:

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 3442
Join date : 2012-01-17

Back to top Go down

Re: euro 2012 discussion thread

Post by S32TABLANCA on Tue May 22, 2012 12:17 am

deadrave wrote:
@S32TABLANCA wrote:
deadrave wrote:
@S32TABLANCA wrote:
deadrave wrote:
@S32TABLANCA wrote:Greece... :facepalm: You're only there because of the random srappy set piece (paid-for) goal against us in the last minute of injury time Sad

no we are only here cause we have one of the best defences in the tournament at the moment Smile dont forget half of the qualification games we missed importand defenders and we conceded only 5 goals in 10 games Laughing cmon like spain conceded more goals in a group with 2 lesser games rofl which also included "Liechtenstein"

attacking wise we suck, at least we got ninis for a good cross
but trust me it wont be easy to beat our defence whoever the opponent is

anyway im just joking arround but we can pull out a qualification for the round of 16..
portugal will take it Smile


No you aren't SMH, you are there because of that goal. If you hadn't scored (read: bought) that goal, Croatia would have won the group on goal difference.

ffs we lost 0 games. we deserve to be here
stop hating. you gathered 1 point in 10 games.. not my fault Heart

I can hate as much as I want. Its our fault for selling games, but fact remains that without that goal you would not be at the competition. If you had to scrape through with a dodgy last minute set piece scrappy goal against one of the worst NTs in Europe, it doesnt say much for your quality. I come from a tiny country, its OK if we're shit Laughing

fact is my country is tiny as well Wink

btw dont forget even if we didnt score that "scrappy" goal we'd still end up 2nd . we'd just have to play 1 more game in order to qualify

which would be against turkey.
easy :coffee:

Greece-Turkey... ooh. Then again, we have huge historical rivalry with them too and we held them to a draw and even beat them once ( I think...) so you never know Very Happy

_________________



VIVA MALTA
avatar
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 3318
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: euro 2012 discussion thread

Post by Freeza on Tue May 22, 2012 12:51 am

There is no chance Portugal will get out of our group Very Happy

_________________
avatar
Freeza
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 17243
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: euro 2012 discussion thread

Post by chad4401 on Tue May 22, 2012 12:53 am

hope France and Portugal does well

_________________
avatar
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 4046
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: euro 2012 discussion thread

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy on Tue May 22, 2012 2:51 pm

@Freeza wrote:There is no chance Portugal will get out of our group Very Happy

Who knows. Maybe the so-called Best player in the world will finally find his balls when playing for his NT. Its not they dont have a good team. They have multiple Good players. Surely better than Denmark although Eriksen or Boilesen are probably bigger talents that what they have.

Anyways heard you guys thrashed the so-called Best Player in the world's team Real Bad in the Qualifiers???

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Posts : 867
Join date : 2012-05-18

Back to top Go down

Re: euro 2012 discussion thread

Post by Freeza on Tue May 22, 2012 3:22 pm

@Kingofeverythingclassy wrote:
@Freeza wrote:There is no chance Portugal will get out of our group Very Happy

Who knows. Maybe the so-called Best player in the world will finally find his balls when playing for his NT. Its not they dont have a good team. They have multiple Good players. Surely better than Denmark although Eriksen or Boilesen are probably bigger talents that what they have.

Anyways heard you guys thrashed the so-called Best Player in the world's team Real Bad in the Qualifiers???

Yeah we were way better than them in our last encounter, we won 2-1, but that is kind of a deceiving result. Other than their goal in the last second of the match, I can't remember they had a single good goalscoring opportunity. We also had a wrongly disallowed goal in the start of the game, but scored minutes after

_________________
avatar
Freeza
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 17243
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: euro 2012 discussion thread

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy on Tue May 22, 2012 3:59 pm

@Freeza wrote:
@Kingofeverythingclassy wrote:
@Freeza wrote:There is no chance Portugal will get out of our group Very Happy

Who knows. Maybe the so-called Best player in the world will finally find his balls when playing for his NT. Its not they dont have a good team. They have multiple Good players. Surely better than Denmark although Eriksen or Boilesen are probably bigger talents that what they have.

Anyways heard you guys thrashed the so-called Best Player in the world's team Real Bad in the Qualifiers???

Yeah we were way better than them in our last encounter, we won 2-1, but that is kind of a deceiving result. Other than their goal in the last second of the match, I can't remember they had a single good goalscoring opportunity. We also had a wrongly disallowed goal in the start of the game, but scored minutes after

Boilesen >>> Coentrao. Atleast he can somewhat defend to save his life

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Posts : 867
Join date : 2012-05-18

Back to top Go down

Re: euro 2012 discussion thread

Post by white_star on Tue May 22, 2012 4:03 pm

Poland!!!!!!!! Poland!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lewandowski, Blaszczykowski, Piszczek to rule the Euros!


Anyways to be serious I think Germany or Spain to win it. They have the most talented squads and best chance, but anything can happen.

I hope Poland gets to the quarters and that will be like winning.

_________________
avatar
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk
Posts : 1965
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: euro 2012 discussion thread

Post by S32TABLANCA on Wed May 23, 2012 12:33 am

I take back everything I said about Greece :vagi:

_________________



VIVA MALTA
avatar
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 3318
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: euro 2012 discussion thread

Post by Freeza on Wed May 23, 2012 1:12 am

@Kingofeverythingclassy wrote:
@Freeza wrote:
@Kingofeverythingclassy wrote:
@Freeza wrote:There is no chance Portugal will get out of our group Very Happy

Who knows. Maybe the so-called Best player in the world will finally find his balls when playing for his NT. Its not they dont have a good team. They have multiple Good players. Surely better than Denmark although Eriksen or Boilesen are probably bigger talents that what they have.

Anyways heard you guys thrashed the so-called Best Player in the world's team Real Bad in the Qualifiers???

Yeah we were way better than them in our last encounter, we won 2-1, but that is kind of a deceiving result. Other than their goal in the last second of the match, I can't remember they had a single good goalscoring opportunity. We also had a wrongly disallowed goal in the start of the game, but scored minutes after

Boilesen >>> Coentrao. Atleast he can somewhat defend to save his life

Boilesen seriously needs to get healthy, has been injured all season. It is getting really annoying, since he is the only LB talent in Denmark. It is annoying that we can't produce any serious Fullbacks, while our CBs are being produced in dusins, we have like 8 CB who has the ability to play at a NT level, but Boilesen is the only Fullback.

_________________
avatar
Freeza
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 17243
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: euro 2012 discussion thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Wed May 23, 2012 1:25 am

We have been linked with Boilsen heavily for over a year Very Happy

Is he that good then? dont watch enough dutch football tbh....

_________________

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 61871
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: euro 2012 discussion thread

Post by The Franchise on Wed May 23, 2012 1:26 am

Well you could always use Simone Poulson LOOOL


Shockingly bad player.
avatar
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 18855
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: euro 2012 discussion thread

Post by matpol on Wed May 23, 2012 1:55 am

I've got a feeling France will win it. Don't know why, just the feeling. With Sagna and Abidal in the squad I would bet some money on them without them, I'm not betting Very Happy Top keeper, very good defence, nice midfield, Ribery, Nasri, Benzema, some matchwinners in the side, I think semis at least for Les Blues.

From the top nation I always support Netherlands on big tournaments, so I hope Oranje won't disappoint.
avatar
matpol
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 1321
Join date : 2011-06-18

Back to top Go down

Re: euro 2012 discussion thread

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy on Wed May 23, 2012 7:41 am

@matpol wrote:I've got a feeling France will win it. Don't know why, just the feeling. With Sagna and Abidal in the squad I would bet some money on them without them, I'm not betting Very Happy Top keeper, very good defence, nice midfield, Ribery, Nasri, Benzema, some matchwinners in the side, I think semis at least for Les Blues.

From the top nation I always support Netherlands on big tournaments, so I hope Oranje won't disappoint.

You would not be dissapointed if Bert gets his tactics right. The problem areas are LCM/LDM position (the one who will play with Mark Bommel) as it is a disgrace that the bigger Dutch talent & voted 2nd Best Player in Eredivisie is not called up.

And LCB & LB. It those areas are more or less sorted to a passable degree,Oranje can do well

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Posts : 867
Join date : 2012-05-18

Back to top Go down

Re: euro 2012 discussion thread

Post by Lord Hades on Wed May 23, 2012 9:05 am

only 7 percent for Spain? WOW

_________________
[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-X_dxsD3_J1M/TjpQKiNFJRI/AAAAAAAA0Bs/EHX7g53qW5s/s400/Real-Madrid-Wallpaper.jpg [ /img]
avatar
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 3870
Join date : 2011-06-07
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: euro 2012 discussion thread

Post by dostoevsky on Wed May 23, 2012 9:20 am

@Lord Hades wrote:only 7 percent for Spain? WOW

Fewer votes than Portugal. Shocked

I don't believe they'll win, however that's preposterous.
avatar
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 7557
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: euro 2012 discussion thread

Post by Lord Hades on Wed May 23, 2012 9:29 am

haha i voted for portugal too Razz

realistically though i think spain still have it in them to win one more international tourney

_________________
[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-X_dxsD3_J1M/TjpQKiNFJRI/AAAAAAAA0Bs/EHX7g53qW5s/s400/Real-Madrid-Wallpaper.jpg [ /img]
avatar
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 3870
Join date : 2011-06-07
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: euro 2012 discussion thread

Post by dostoevsky on Wed May 23, 2012 9:37 am

For the same reason that Barcelona, despite an immensely talented squad have been unable to win two consecutive Champions Leagues, I can't envision Spain triumphing once again. Just as no one particularly wanted to be the ones who came up against Barcelona, no one will want to meet Spain if they can help it, however someone will get the job done. It might be ugly or unfortunate, however injuries, form and fortune never stay on someone's side for too long. That Spain ended up producing six one goal victories at the World Cup shows that they've made things unnecessarily tight for themselves. It's the hard way to win and whilst they're unbelievably talented, that sort of profligacy in front of goal gives your opponent, regardless of their talent, too great a chance of buying themselves back into the game in the blink of an eye.
avatar
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 7557
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: euro 2012 discussion thread

Post by Lord Hades on Wed May 23, 2012 9:43 am

the thing is while spain have got a good barcelona core they have got players from other teams, leagues too who have been in form .. they dont have a messi but they have got excellent players in every position , and great depth

plus they are a bit more unpredictable than barcelona and d o have a plan b , in llorente . they can use navas to supply him with crosses if need be to play that kind of football!!

_________________
[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-X_dxsD3_J1M/TjpQKiNFJRI/AAAAAAAA0Bs/EHX7g53qW5s/s400/Real-Madrid-Wallpaper.jpg [ /img]
avatar
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 3870
Join date : 2011-06-07
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: euro 2012 discussion thread

Post by dostoevsky on Wed May 23, 2012 10:02 am

I'm unconvinced that Del Bosque will give the likes of Soldado and Llorente the time they need. Depth is of course essential to reducing the effect of incidents ruling out key personnel, however issues of balance are the key. A Plan B as described might have obvious positives for the greater diversity it provides in attack, however it equally makes them for vulnerable with the sacrifice of a central midfielder and a higher turnover in possession.

The point concerning the example of Barcelona is still relevant in that the similar cores were coincidental; the historical difficulty of backing up results remains a challenge to Spain. That records are there to be broken is of course an old cliché, however with the likes of Puyol and Villa missing as the competition approaches the signs are already there that the little things aren't going to go there way.

If they hadn't won the last two tournaments they'd be favourites, however something is bound to go wrong. They might end up being the more "deserving" winner, however claiming the actual trophy? Too many variables that have been with them for too long. You can't quantify chance into a stable argument, however it's a legitimate concern.
avatar
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 7557
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum