Blue Barrett
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

I need help on a decision - Page 2 Empty Re: I need help on a decision

Post by nichabr Fri May 25, 2012 8:13 pm

dmize wrote:
nichabr wrote:
Phritz wrote:Being mad about lagging on D3 because I'm forced to play on a laggy Bnet server =/= being mad because piracy ruined Crysis 2, Assasins Creed 2, Starcraft II, Diablo III, Civilization 5 and Empire: Total War; That's just games that were affected that affect my preferences.

Sure DRM and other measures taken to prevent piracy (Starcraft II no LAN, Diablo III no local server files/ability, Crysis 2 being developed for consoles because developing for PC was not worth the perceived risk, Assassins Creed 2 requiring a constant connection) are not ideal and Notch's view of [I can't prevent piracy so I'll just offer services exclusive to those who did buy the game] is noble but can't be applied to a majority of games.

Not only is it theft, but you're also supporting criminal organisations looking to make money off someone else's work.

i agree its also the reason why prices have been jacked up so high for games considering developers need to compensate for all potential sales that might have been possible if it weren't for piracy.

Not really. Actually if you compare video game prices today to 10-15 years ago they're cheaper.

They seem cheaper but the profit margin is much higher.

nichabr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

I need help on a decision - Page 2 Empty Re: I need help on a decision

Post by Zealous Fri May 25, 2012 8:54 pm

Bastion is awesome.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo