Birth Date: 13 Mar 1989
Birth Place: Memmingen, Germany
Height:  1.89m (6' 2.5'')  
Weight: 84 kg
Foot: left
Market value: 3 000 000 €
Contract until 30 June 2017

Homepage: http://www.badstuber28.de
Holger Badstuber at transfermarkt.de: http://www.transfermarkt.de/de/holger-badstuber/profil/spieler_54659.html

Other threads that pertain to Holger Badstuber:

Bayern Defense Stats:
http://www.goallegacy.net/t16194-bayern-defense-stats

External Links:

http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball-em-2012-polen-ukraine/holger-badstuber/sechs-kilo-mehr-fuer-den-em-titel-24481710.bild.html (Language: German; 2012/06/04)

Last edited by rwo power on Thu May 24, 2012 9:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Geo
Geo
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

#28 - Holger Badstuber Empty Holger Badstuber on a steep decline

Post by FC_Hollywood Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:16 pm

It pains me to say that the world's greatest club's Central Defender Holger Badstuber is on a steep decline following the latest matches. Former worst Bayern player Daniel van Buyten has to clean up his mess multiple times. Last season he was mediocre, but I cut him some slack because he was playing besides Breno, sometimes Tymoshshuck, Gustavo and van Buyten. He started well in this season's first matches but hasn't impressed in the last matches. It is a well known fact that young Bayern stars are the most potential footballers on the planet, but we are all human and have faults. Which is why HOLGER BADSTUBER needs to play besides a fast central defender like Boateng. I am afraid this is Holger's last season at Bayern as a starter if he continues to play like he currently does. Bayern needs to sign the best German defender, Benedikt Hoewedes.

FC_Hollywood
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

#28 - Holger Badstuber Empty Re: #28 - Holger Badstuber

Post by Babun Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:28 pm

You're right about Höwedes Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:31 pm

Badstuber was never a talent or whatsoever, his just an extremely slow young centre back that sucks Hoeness d**k to be in the first team.

Bayern Must sign a quality CB back to play alongside Boateng if we want to achieve success.

Badstuber was never a good defender, his just hiding behind Jupp's amazing tactics, when under pressure he falls down, foul and does crazy thing.

If Hoeness really like him that much, he should think about converting him to a Defensive Midfielder because he can sure pass the ball, otherwise his useless..

Rafinh-Boateng-V.Buyten-Lahm

this is currently our best back line and we can improve that by bringing in a replacement for V.Buyten, someone like Hummls, Howedes or Dante
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by FC_Hollywood Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:56 pm

I agree with that.

FC_Hollywood
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:57 pm

Höwedes is your best bet but I doubt he'll leave next season already Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:44 pm

All the German talents will be extremely hard to get.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:34 am

Why on earth are you always ripping poor Stubsi apart? He isn't that bad. The last matches (bar maybe the last two), he was very solid. And there is a reason Löw, and even Heynckes rate him and play him.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:32 pm

He sucks, rwo Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:08 pm

Everytime he's paired with Boateng he's solid.

Which makes sence, since they compliment each other fantastically. He needs someone fast to cover him else he's gonna suck ass. Van Buyten does not bring much security. That sort of defensive partnership is gonna fail anywhere, even though they've been decent for the most part.

I don't know why Heynckes bought Rafinha if he's going to be benching him.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

#28 - Holger Badstuber Empty Should Badstuber starts

Post by The Messiah Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:18 pm

If anyone has been following Bayern as much as I do, they will notice that Bayern defence has worked more as a unit whenever Badstuber is not playing. If you notice most goals we've conceded this season are individual error which are usually as a result of a bad egg putting pressure on other defenders, Badstuber falls a lot for my liking and whenever we concede a goal his either not in defence or his fallen down, sometimes I find it hard to figure what position he plays.

At his young age Badstuber tries to take charge of the defense and shout on older players, which I find very irritating and I expect other defenders to feel thesame way but they are professional so they wouldn't react, also his given far too many preference for some reasons I do not understand.

Lucio and Hummels were sold because of him, Demichelis was also sold because of him.

If you notice the match against City and yet again today s match, you will see how DVB nad Boateng work as a unit and are hardly ever under pressure.

The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:33 pm

The Dortmund match was decided by a Boateng error, of all players., so shit can happen to anyone.

IMO, the Badstuber-Boateng combo works very well. The games where Badstuber has looked bad, most of the time he's being played alongside van Buyten. Obviously he's gonna look like crap with a similar sort of slow player besides him.

With Germany he's improved a shit lot, although playing with Hummels and even Mertesacker. He's also improved with Bayern. He's not as bad as we make him out to be, just obviously inexperienced and still pretty raw.

According to RWO he was suspended for today's game, else Heynckes would have probably started him. We definitely need more CB depth.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:02 pm

Sushi Master wrote:The Dortmund match was decided by a Boateng error, of all players., so shit can happen to anyone.

IMO, the Badstuber-Boateng combo works very well. The games where Badstuber has looked bad, most of the time he's being played alongside van Buyten. Obviously he's gonna look like crap with a similar sort of slow player besides him.

With Germany he's improved a shit lot, although playing with Hummels and even Mertesacker. He's also improved with Bayern. He's not as bad as we make him out to be, just obviously inexperienced and still pretty raw.

According to RWO he was suspended for today's game, else Heynckes would have probably started him. We definitely need more CB depth.

Yes he was suspended because of the red card and our defence played much more better without him again

The Goal wasn't just because of Boateng error, if you watch it again, there was lack of communication between Boateng and Badstuber, he went in for the tackle and fell down as usual that was what led to Boateng error.

If we are to go far, then we should play DVB and Boateng.

watch carefully our next match against Mainz, watch Badstuber carefully and you might notice how he put pressure on other defenders, he exposes them to make error.

Last edited by Idrisozet on Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Geo Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:35 am

Actually, Badstuber was a beast against Dortmund..
Although, I think he lacks consistancy.

I prefer Höwedes, obviously..
But what we have now is not bad..

I'm not a fan of Badstuber, but he's "OK" .. and he still have potential to be better.. the kid is still young..
Geo
Geo
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:32 am

Geo wrote:Actually, Badstuber was a beast against Dortmund..
Although, I think he lacks consistancy.

I prefer Höwedes, obviously..
But what we have now is not bad..

I'm not a fan of Badstuber, but he's "OK" .. and he still have potential to be better.. the kid is still young..

Maybe I am too harsh on him, I hope he proves me wrong.

But to be fair in all honesty our defence is much more better with Boateng and DVB, Rafinha isn't that perfect but his good.

I hope the board can pull this up

First team
Boateng-Hummels-Howedes-Lahm

Back up
Rafinha-Breno-Badstuber-Contento.

out = DVB(age)

I will go naked everyday when I am watching Bayern match, just so I can masturbate to it....lol
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:10 am

I have the feeling I'm one of the few Badstuber defenders, but IMO the boy can be really good if you let him. Did you know that his passing is among the best in the BL? (As least the commentator in one of the last Bayern matches said so - I have to try to dig out the exact number one day). I think he is a player who is very much underappreciated by the fans for some strange reason. The coaches obviously think different, or why would STubsi almost always start for Germany and Bayern.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:59 am

Yeah, his passing is great. He's obviously in the old sweeper school of defenders with great passing. It's why if we buy Hummels he needs to be paired with Boateng or Hoewedes, a strong and fast type of guy.

The boy has potential, it's just he has these lapses of concentration or sometimes is beaten far too easily. He's improved a lot in a few months, so IMO he'll make at least a good defender one day.

The ammount of faith he's gotten from all the coaches he's worked under have to mean something. All he needs is to be totally focused at all times and maybe hit the gym a little, because he has amazing positioning and anticipation, things you often don't teach.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Geo Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:07 am

His passing and set peaces are not good... they are GREAT!!!
But FFS he's a defender... all what he have to do is DEFEND! and that's what he lacks sometimes..

After that, just pass the ball to Gustavo/Tymo/Schweinie/Kroos and they will complete the job for u!

I repeat.. he was a beast against Dortmund, but he do not show this spirit much often
Geo
Geo
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:23 am

He's only 22. Boateng 23.

Come on, in comparison to our non existant defense of last year, we're doing great.

We're actually doing above expectations, because it was hard to believe our defense would be fixed so damn fast. All we really lack is depth and maybe 1 more quality guy.

We're 1st in the league with many tough teams around us, 1st in the hardest CL group out of all, doing nicely in the cup, earning a lot of prestige and really enhancing our overall reputation...

What more can we ask for? Let's not be like Madrid fans and have a period every time an error is made. Very Happy We're well off and soon will be better.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Geo Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:27 am

100% what you said.

I'm commenting, just on Badstuber..

Of course, our defense is better thanks to JB17 and Rafinha.. and of course (we have to admit) ON FROM DVB!!

But we are conceding some silly goals lately, that we have to nagg about Very Happy
Geo
Geo
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:34 am

That's simply the Schweinsteiger effect Very Happy

Alaba is great and all, but he's not at that level yet. Our midfield is what has kept our defense non leaky, because individually they're not exactly awesome defenders. Obviously with Schweini missing, we lack our key midfield piece.

Kroos is also good, but no one can replace Piggy.

Also, Robben is being played instead of Mueller. Huge drop in workrate right there, but we need Robben fit so...
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:13 am

Sushi Master wrote:That's simply the Schweinsteiger effect Very Happy

Alaba is great and all, but he's not at that level yet. Our midfield is what has kept our defense non leaky, because individually they're not exactly awesome defenders. Obviously with Schweini missing, we lack our key midfield piece.

Kroos is also good, but no one can replace Piggy.

Also, Robben is being played instead of Mueller. Huge drop in workrate right there, but we need Robben fit so...

Are you saying Robben being played instead of Muller is as a result of the silly goals we conceded...?

The 2 goals against Napoli were silly and 1st leg own goal was also silly, to add to that Hanover both goals were silly, as a matter of fact since the 1st goal we conceded this season, most of our goals have been really silly and we can not afford that in the final.

One thing I have noticed is that, whenever Boateng and Van Buyten start ahead of Badstuber in the middle, we dont concede silly goal.

Badstuber is dangerous to our defense, you have to watch him closely before you can get this. He exposes other defenders to making error, in the Dortmund game he went in for a tackle and Boateng or any other good defender would have expect him to win the tackle or at least stop the pass to Gotze but instead he fell down and couldn't win the ball and Boateng was left to deal with a more dangerous situation, which he obviously couldn't.

I have seen this on several occasion on how Badstuber exposes other defender to making errors, time and time again. The Manager really needs to forget about the German Prejudice and Play DVB & Boateng for the good of Bayern Munich

Here are his rating for last 8 matches and compare them to Boateng or Van Buyten rating.

Bayern Vs Dortmund.
5.5 Had a very difficult first half as his passes were somewhat wayward and he was beaten on the dribble by Lewandowski. Was booked in the second half for a very poor tackle, but also showed great anticipation in several instances, and had a free kick narrowly miss the target late in the game.

Bayern Munich vs Ausburgs
5.0 The defender should take the blame for Hosogai's strike as he was caught running without purpose after the ball. Played Kapllani onside for the Albanian's chance late in the game, and generally looked shaky.

Germany vs Netherlands
5.0 Received a lot of support from Khedira, which masked what was not an entirely convincing display. Missed a headed clearance that left Kuyt in on goal, but to his credit, did react quickly to make up for Mertesacker's errors. Substituted at half-time.

Germany vs Ukraine
5.0 Played Shevchenko onside in the third minute, and thus began a less than stellar evening for the Bayern man, who was supposed to be the anchor in the centre of defence, but too often was found elsewhere.

Bayern Munich vs Napoli(2nd leg)
5.0 Was booked for a bad foul on Maggio early on, but improved immensely as the game progressed. Marked Cavani out of the match but the Uruguayan still won the battle, earning him a second yellow card and an early bath with a shameful dive.

Bayern Munich vs Nurnberg
5.5 Picked out Schweinsteiger with a perfect ball before the opener, and played in several other lovely passes: he completed a remarkable 100 on the day. Showed very good instincts to anticipate danger, but was beaten in the air once by Pekhart, and missed a tackle on Hegeler: both slip-ups ought to have been punished with goals.

Bayern Munich vs Hannover
6.0 Beaten for pace on more than one occasion, the defender looked largely shaky until his withdrawal late in the second half. Was part of a great first-half attacking move with an astute and accurate crossfield pass.

Bayern Munich vs Napoli(1st leg)
4.5 Will be remembered for conceding an own goal, and for being booked for a poor challenge. Made some great defensive plays otherwise, but deserves to be penalised for making some critical errors.

Last edited by Idrisozet on Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:17 am

Goal.com ratings suck ass, dude Very Happy I never trust them, but rather what I see with my own eyes.

Sure, our defense isn't the finished product but I can bet it'll be much better come May than right now. It's still amazing the progress you have made and I'm not going to be unrealistic in my expectations. We still need another CB and I know Badstuber nor Boateng are the finished article. DVB while old, has been in great form I've gotta admit. I don't mind what Heynkes is doing constantly rotating the defense.

All I'm saying is Robben doesn't work as hard as Mueller and thus our flanks are more exposed (and Rafinha, who's had strange form). But the key point is Schweinsteiger.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:25 am

Sushi Master wrote:Goal.com ratings suck ass, dude Very Happy I never trust them, but rather what I see with my own eyes.

Sure, our defense isn't the finished product but I can bet it'll be much better come May than right now. It's still amazing the progress you have made and I'm not going to be unrealistic in my expectations. We still need another CB and I know Badstuber nor Boateng are the finished article. DVB while old, has been in great form I've gotta admit. I don't mind what Heynkes is doing constantly rotating the defense.

All I'm saying is Robben doesn't work as hard as Mueller and thus our flanks are more exposed (and Rafinha, who's had strange form). But the key point is Schweinsteiger.

I dont agree with Jupp changing the defensive line-up every now and then, Boateng has complained about it, even Lahm that Barely make mistake even when our defense was terrible has starting making some silly mistakes(well it still needs us to Badstuber present exposing other defenders to making mistakes, especially now that he plays closer to Lahm)

Partnership must be form between 2 central defender to allow better understanding and redeem, which is necessary in defense.

In regards to Badstuber, as for what I have seen his been bad and the ratings are not just Goal.com, check other ratings his been rated badly.

NO ONE SINGLE GOOD RATING, ALL HIS LAST 8 MATCHES ARE BELOW AVERAGE RATING OF 6 AND YET HE WALK IN THE FIRST TEAM WITHOUT QUESTIONING.

I dont understand or see what is so special about Badstuber, Basler a Bayern legend has also make this complaint.

Do you think he hates Bayern or do you think I hate Bayern..?

Why was Lucio sold because of him, why was Hummels sold because of him and Demichelis, as far as I am concerned he should be showing more potential that being bench after one game in world cup and all this below average ratings performance, it's not like his a scoring defender or good with heading, at least Hummels scores and head and Demichelis also heads very well and score every now and then, also Lucio score a lot.

The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:12 am

Didn't know Boateng complained. Links?

Silly mistakes can't all go down to Badstuber though, dude. All the other guys are still at fault. I remember when Lahm was skimmed by Maggio and caused Badstuber to slot in an own goal (not his fault). Lahm still needs to get used to the left flank, where he's better going up but not as good defending since he's naturally right sided.

I clearly get Badstuber's criticism, but he's the best young CB we got and if Loew and Heynckes show faith in him then it must be for something. He's clearly improving, bit by bit. They don't hate Bayern nor Germany, yet still play him Very Happy

Lúcio wasn't sold for him, it was a problem with pigheaded van Gaal that got him sold. Worst sale in Bayern history. Demichelis, same reasons although he's just as error prone (watch him for Argentina, Jesus he's horrible) and can be even worse.

Just give him time, is what I say. If he repeteadly fraks up throughout the season, I'll agree with you and we're still getting a CB, anyways.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next