Barca at the Euros/Olympics

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Re: Barca at the Euros/Olympics

Post by CBarca on Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:13 pm

To be fair we need players who can shoot from time to time. I like that about Afellay.

CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Posts : 16540
Join date : 2011-06-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Barca at the Euros/Olympics

Post by matpol on Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:35 am

I am supporting Netherlands at this tournament as always since my first football tournament - WC 1998 in France :bow: Let's hope Dutch win vs Danes.

As for Barca players at Euro, here is my quick prediction:

VV - won't play, if Casillas got red card/injury, Reina will come in
Piqué - average tournament, won't be at clear fault at some goal by rivals but will create pen or fk in dangerous area for rivals due to his lapses in concentration
Xavi - average tournament, not at his best due to injuries in this season and Spain's tactics - due to 4-2-3-1 to accomodate Hooflonso Xavi will play as AM aka mediapunta - he is not best at this role. He will struggle. If somehow Hooflonso get injury/red card and del Bosque drop double pivot and play 4-3-3, then Xavi as CM will boss it.
Iniesta - despite playing on left wing in 4-2-3-1, he will cut inside and be dangerous here, his dribbling and linkplay with Silva will be the only way Spain can create chances in this tournament. Will be one of the better players.
Busquets - better of two pivots in 4-2-3-1, won't do a peekaboo.
Cesc - will win Spain one of games but coming in for Hooflonso in second half.
Pedro - won't play much, maybe one sub appearances in knockout stage or in group when del Bosque realises he needs more wing players, than pivots. Maybe will poach a goal.
Afellay - will be vital in Netherlands team, member of first 11. I think he will have very good tournament.
avatar
matpol
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 1321
Join date : 2011-06-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Barca at the Euros/Olympics

Post by BarcaKizz on Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:25 pm

Afellay looking very dangerous early... but Danes score Shocked
avatar
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3406
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: Barca at the Euros/Olympics

Post by CBarca on Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:21 pm

I quite like the directness of Afellay... if he doesn't stay at least another season and show us what he's made of I will be extremely butthurt.

_________________
Beer and guns
avatar
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 16540
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Re: Barca at the Euros/Olympics

Post by The Sanchez on Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:48 am

Had an alright game I guess though Netherlands as a whole didn't play well.
avatar
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3916
Join date : 2011-09-23
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Re: Barca at the Euros/Olympics

Post by messixaviesta on Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:10 am

paxtonpale wrote:Had an alright game I guess though Netherlands as a whole didn't play well.

To be honest that's some understatement because I felt that Netherlands' performance that day was the most shameless display of individualism that I have perhaps ever seen from an elite team. The biggest culprit was Robben who most of you know I am very fond of. He has never disappointed me as much as he did this time and he was no means the only culprit. It is quite possible now that they will exit the tournament at the group stage with zero points. In spite of my well known antagonism for C.Ronaldo I have to admit that even though he didn't play very well he's become more of a team player now and Portugal didn't deserve to lose against Germany. As of now they look a better team than Netherlands and could qualify along with Germany though Denmark is definitely not being ruled out. Coming back to Netherlands, if I were Bert van Marwijk I wouldn't be able to show my face in public. He is known to be an able tactician and it was a shocker to see his team play like they had forgotten football is a team game. Dutch infighting has likely reared it's ugly head once again.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 4207
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 39

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Re: Barca at the Euros/Olympics

Post by messixaviesta on Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:13 am

Andres Iniesta won man of the match last night banana but greedy me wants player of the tournament. Razz

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 4207
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 39

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Re: Barca at the Euros/Olympics

Post by Madvillain on Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:09 pm

I don't agree. Sneijder played well, had some terrific through balls. Van Persie and Robben had great interplay on occassion and so did Van Persie and Afellay. We created a whopping 27 opportunities I believe. To me it felt a bit like the Barça - Chelsea matches. The same feeling of an unjust loss. But oh well, there is still a small glimmer of hope. If we can tie to the Germans and get 3 points against Portugal, we might end second. Big IF though, I know.

_________________

Flash,Thundlr
avatar
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 605
Join date : 2012-01-28
Age : 29

http://thvnderbvrst.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Barca at the Euros/Olympics

Post by Khaled on Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:24 am

Iniesta will be the player of the Tournament... I said it before and will say it again... #magic #ghostmode



_________________



#treble2009 #treble2015 #sextuple2009 #sextuple2015
Visca el Barca!
avatar
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 4268
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Barca at the Euros/Olympics

Post by BarcaKizz on Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:12 am

@Khaled wrote:Iniesta will be the player of the Tournament... I said it before and will say it again... #magic #ghostmode

Yeah this was my prediction too. He said its the first time he's ever been fully fit before a tournament.

Afellay is my darkhorse for MVP. I feel his linkup play makes him more valuable than RVP and Robben, who drifted out of the game and then missed their chances. They should have been taken off and not him. He is not 100% though I guess.
avatar
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3406
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: Barca at the Euros/Olympics

Post by The Sanchez on Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:46 am

Fabregas improved throughout the game though I find it harilous how he started and how they weren't any proper strikers. VDB says he was happy was his selection. Tell me now, Fabregas was better in the World Cup period than what he is now and he was on the bench on only played twice in that period. He is starting now! Please Explain...
avatar
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3916
Join date : 2011-09-23
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Re: Barca at the Euros/Olympics

Post by messixaviesta on Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:07 pm

Hete BLKSM wrote:I don't agree. Sneijder played well, had some terrific through balls. Van Persie and Robben had great interplay on occassion and so did Van Persie and Afellay. We created a whopping 27 opportunities I believe. To me it felt a bit like the Barça - Chelsea matches. The same feeling of an unjust loss. But oh well, there is still a small glimmer of hope. If we can tie to the Germans and get 3 points against Portugal, we might end second. Big IF though, I know.

I agree about Sneijder. At least he played for the team and released a few good passes. As for Robben, one or two good moments against a supposedly weak team cannot cover for the many instances of blatant selfishness and stupidity. I have been a Robben fan for years but perhaps no more. In this tournament he's made me feel ashamed. 2010 was probably the end of his glory days. Internationally I have hardly ever seen him fail before and am left wondering that is this the same player who played that 4-1 vs. France four years ago and that too when coming off an injury? The Dutch are almost surely crashing out. So if you don't agree with me about the selfishness and individualism, please state what in your opinion led to this ignominy.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 4207
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 39

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Re: Barca at the Euros/Olympics

Post by messixaviesta on Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:10 pm

@BarcaKizz wrote:
@Khaled wrote:Iniesta will be the player of the Tournament... I said it before and will say it again... #magic #ghostmode

Yeah this was my prediction too. He said its the first time he's ever been fully fit before a tournament.

Afellay is my darkhorse for MVP. I feel his linkup play makes him more valuable than RVP and Robben, who drifted out of the game and then missed their chances. They should have been taken off and not him. He is not 100% though I guess.
@BarcaKizz wrote:
@Khaled wrote:Iniesta will be the player of the Tournament... I said it before and will say it again... #magic #ghostmode

Yeah this was my prediction too. He said its the first time he's ever been fully fit before a tournament.

Afellay is my darkhorse for MVP. I feel his linkup play makes him more valuable than RVP and Robben, who drifted out of the game and then missed their chances. They should have been taken off and not him. He is not 100% though I guess.

Thanks you khaled and kizz for such predictions. You know they mean a lot to me.

kizz Afellay? Maybe Barcelona may make him understand what a team is because Netherlands could not. At the moment the less said the better.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 4207
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 39

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Re: Barca at the Euros/Olympics

Post by BarcaKizz on Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:02 pm

@messixaviesta wrote:

Thanks you khaled and kizz for such predictions. You know they mean a lot to me.

kizz Afellay? Maybe Barcelona may make him understand what a team is because Netherlands could not. At the moment the less said the better.

Well I can say now with confidence that Afellay won't even have an impact on these Euros. Not his fault though. The Dutch team are just a mess. They lack hunger and play like a bunch of individuals... Robben is deplorable.

Before the Euros he showed he could be very important for the Dutch. Not a big name, but a functional player who made them tick. In the first game they shouldn't have subbed him, I stand by that. He was playing the best of their front three. Second game, well Netherlands already fell apart and couldn't gather themselves so it doesn't matter.

This was a chance for Afellay to put himself on the football map, but I feel now he'll either return to Barca and have minimal impact or make a move.


On Iniesta... yes, no doubt. For a while he's been Spain's player to provide the penetration and drive needed from their midfield. Much more so since the WC. He and Xavi need a striker though, they need someone they can put it through to, otherwise they are faced with a wall of defenders and we know they are quite pathetic from range.

Iniesta's main threats for MVP from Spain are, obviously, Xavi and Silva. However, because of Xavi's fitness compared to Iniesta and the less attacking role he plays, I feel Iniesta will get the nod. With Silva, his chance is he could score more goals, because despite being a magnificent player, Iniesta is unique with his dribbling. I also just have this feeling this is Iniesta's tournament. WC he scored the winner, but it wasn't 'his' tournament.
avatar
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3406
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: Barca at the Euros/Olympics

Post by shadeslayer on Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:11 pm

Iniesta is in divine form and I told all my friends that he would be the on to get Spain to wherever they'd reach. Having said that, despite being a Spain fan, I am pretty confident that Spain won't win these Euros. Villa and Puyol are 2 very great losses and the day they lose you'll understand why. A team can't lose 2 players of such great influence without suffering.

If by some miracle they do win the Euros, the name of the miracle would be Andres Iniesta.
avatar
shadeslayer
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 67
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Barca at the Euros/Olympics

Post by The Sanchez on Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:13 am

Fabregas scores again, Iniesta has a fab game, Pique was playing as a center mid some periods and Xavi was Xavi. Spain didn't play a good side though they played well and the passings the link up plays are so good to watch
avatar
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3916
Join date : 2011-09-23
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Re: Barca at the Euros/Olympics

Post by free_cat on Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:47 am

The best player in spain these two matches has clearly been Silva IMO, not Iniesta.

Afellay vs. Germany was beyond being poor, his substitution made netherlands much better and they could have easily tied in the second half.

Also, Hummels getting easily skinned for RvP goal... hmm

_________________
avatar
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 8544
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Barca at the Euros/Olympics

Post by free_cat on Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:51 am

@shadeslayer wrote:Iniesta is in divine form and I told all my friends that he would be the on to get Spain to wherever they'd reach. Having said that, despite being a Spain fan, I am pretty confident that Spain won't win these Euros. Villa and Puyol are 2 very great losses and the day they lose you'll understand why. A team can't lose 2 players of such great influence without suffering.

If by some miracle they do win the Euros, the name of the miracle would be Andres Iniesta.

Miracle? Have you seen the quality of play of all the teams?

Spain has the best probability to win unfortunately.

_________________
avatar
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 8544
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Barca at the Euros/Olympics

Post by shadeslayer on Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:51 am

Well, I think I did kind of exaggerate but still, I firmly believe that Spain won't be able to cope with a real test in the K/O rounds. If they do somehow, it'll be because of Iniesta. I hope it's to the contrary since I want them to win the tournament, but it's a gut feeling.
avatar
shadeslayer
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 67
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Barca at the Euros/Olympics

Post by free_cat on Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:28 pm

@shadeslayer wrote:Well, I think I did kind of exaggerate but still, I firmly believe that Spain won't be able to cope with a real test in the K/O rounds. If they do somehow, it'll be because of Iniesta. I hope it's to the contrary since I want them to win the tournament, but it's a gut feeling.

Spain has no rival. If they lose, it will be because the format of the tournament randomizes the winner a lot.

If it was a league competition, they would win with 95% of probability.

Same as Barça not winning CL this season or in 2010, but we were clearly the best team.

_________________
avatar
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 8544
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Barca at the Euros/Olympics

Post by BarcaKizz on Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:14 pm

@free_cat wrote:
@shadeslayer wrote:Well, I think I did kind of exaggerate but still, I firmly believe that Spain won't be able to cope with a real test in the K/O rounds. If they do somehow, it'll be because of Iniesta. I hope it's to the contrary since I want them to win the tournament, but it's a gut feeling.

Spain has no rival. If they lose, it will be because the format of the tournament randomizes the winner a lot.

If it was a league competition, they would win with 95% of probability.

Same as Barça not winning CL this season or in 2010, but we were clearly the best team.

Pretty much. :coffee:

avatar
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3406
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: Barca at the Euros/Olympics

Post by shadeslayer on Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:47 pm

@free_cat wrote:
@shadeslayer wrote:Well, I think I did kind of exaggerate but still, I firmly believe that Spain won't be able to cope with a real test in the K/O rounds. If they do somehow, it'll be because of Iniesta. I hope it's to the contrary since I want them to win the tournament, but it's a gut feeling.

Spain has no rival. If they lose, it will be because the format of the tournament randomizes the winner a lot.

If it was a league competition, they would win with 95% of probability.

Same as Barça not winning CL this season or in 2010, but we were clearly the best team.

Yeah, all it takes is one bad match or a mistake at the back. Whichever it is, they won't win. League, definitely, but the format muddles this thing up. That and the weaknesses caused due to Puyol's and Villa's absence. It'll show when they lose.
avatar
shadeslayer
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 67
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Barca at the Euros/Olympics

Post by messixaviesta on Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:14 am

@BarcaKizz wrote:
Well I can say now with confidence that Afellay won't even have an impact on these Euros. Not his fault though. The Dutch team are just a mess. They lack hunger and play like a bunch of individuals... Robben is deplorable.

Before the Euros he showed he could be very important for the Dutch. Not a big name, but a functional player who made them tick. In the first game they shouldn't have subbed him, I stand by that. He was playing the best of their front three. Second game, well Netherlands already fell apart and couldn't gather themselves so it doesn't matter.

This was a chance for Afellay to put himself on the football map, but I feel now he'll either return to Barca and have minimal impact or make a move.


On Iniesta... yes, no doubt. For a while he's been Spain's player to provide the penetration and drive needed from their midfield. Much more so since the WC. He and Xavi need a striker though, they need someone they can put it through to, otherwise they are faced with a wall of defenders and we know they are quite pathetic from range.

Iniesta's main threats for MVP from Spain are, obviously, Xavi and Silva. However, because of Xavi's fitness compared to Iniesta and the less attacking role he plays, I feel Iniesta will get the nod. With Silva, his chance is he could score more goals, because despite being a magnificent player, Iniesta is unique with his dribbling. I also just have this feeling this is Iniesta's tournament. WC he scored the winner, but it wasn't 'his' tournament.

Excellent reply kizz.

I can't disagree with anything you said about the Dutch team. Looking at Robben now it seems to me like his best days are behind him and Bayern Munich may benefit by letting him go this summer.

Nice elaboration of Spain and the key players. WC 2010 wasn't any one player's tournament. Forlan, Sneijder, Iniesta, Villa, Schweinsteiger and perhaps a few others can all stake a claim but no one wins it whole and sole. I just wish your predictions come true but Germany seem to be the rational pick to become champion while France are the dark horse and were my predicted champion even before the tournament began. Italy are much better than some other big teams such as England for example and I hope they go to the next round and have a fighting chance for the trophy.



messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 4207
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 39

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Re: Barca at the Euros/Olympics

Post by messixaviesta on Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:17 am

@shadeslayer wrote:Iniesta is in divine form and I told all my friends that he would be the on to get Spain to wherever they'd reach. Having said that, despite being a Spain fan, I am pretty confident that Spain won't win these Euros. Villa and Puyol are 2 very great losses and the day they lose you'll understand why. A team can't lose 2 players of such great influence without suffering.

If by some miracle they do win the Euros, the name of the miracle would be Andres Iniesta.

Lovely post shade!!!


messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 4207
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 39

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Re: Barca at the Euros/Olympics

Post by alexjanosik on Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:00 pm

I am in agreement with free.
Spain imo should easily win the tournament.Despite all the improvements from Germany,they still arent a match for Spain.They will chase the ball all game long and ultimately lose.
Just dont see a competitor for Spain.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Posts : 2403
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Barca at the Euros/Olympics

Post by harhar11 on Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:36 pm

@free_cat wrote:The best player in spain these two matches has clearly been Silva IMO, not Iniesta.

Afellay vs. Germany was beyond being poor, his substitution made netherlands much better and they could have easily tied in the second half.

Also, Hummels getting easily skinned for RvP goal... hmm

The only thing Silva did in the first game was that assist.

_________________

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3646
Join date : 2011-06-11

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum