McAgger
mr-r34
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Art Morte
BeautifulGame
32 posters

Page 6 of 22 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 22  Next

Go down

Breaking: Liverpool sack Brendan Rodgers - Page 7 Empty Re: Breaking: Liverpool sack Brendan Rodgers

Post by BusterLfc Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:08 am

Rodgers seriously needs to grow some balls and drop mr.Liverpool from the starting line-up.

I'd like to see Can-Hendo-Cou midfield with Sterling-Balo-Studge in front of them. Let's see if Balo actually works good when there's a quality striker playing next to him.

BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Breaking: Liverpool sack Brendan Rodgers - Page 7 Empty Re: Breaking: Liverpool sack Brendan Rodgers

Post by Helmer Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:29 am

BusterLfc wrote:Rodgers seriously needs to grow some balls and drop mr.Liverpool from the starting line-up.

I'd like to see Can-Hendo-Cou midfield with Sterling-Balo-Studge in front of them. Let's see if Balo actually works good when there's a quality striker playing next to him.

I have crossed the f**** river and came back in this world once again just to see if that really works!!!

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:27 am

So much LOL worthy quotes coming to bite him in the ass right now, it's so face palm worthy, FML.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:10 am

mr-r34 wrote:So much LOL worthy quotes coming to bite him in the ass right now, it's so face palm worthy, FML.

Fat Sam:

"There are two types of coaches. There’s coaches like me who weigh up the opposition and ask the team to adjust. Fergie was similar. Jose [Mourinho] is similar. Then there’s Arsene who won’t adjust. There’s Brendan [Rodgers] who looks like he won’t adjust. There’s Manuel Pellegrini who looks like he won’t adjust, even in the Champions League. He seems to favour what he’s got. City are quite open.
“Their [Wenger/Rodgers/Pellegrini] philosophy is different to ours. Ours is more about who are we playing against. Their philosophy is more ‘we always play this way’ and they won’t change, they carry doing on the same thing. That’s why you can beat them.

The only manager greater than Sir Alan Pardew. We should of listened to this beautiful man. Proud
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:57 pm

BusterLfc wrote:Rodgers seriously needs to grow some balls and drop mr.Liverpool from the starting line-up.

Couldn't agree more with this. I think keeping Gerrard where he is, and always there, is Rodgers' biggest fault right now. Despite his tactical inflexibility that he seems to be showing I think the team could still perform quite well with someone more defensively capable and spry covering for the back-line and laying off the ball to the midfield.

Henderson-Can-Coutinho
Sterling
Balotelli-Sturridge

I would even play this for now until Studge is healthy:

Henderson-Can-Coutinho
Lallana
Balotelli-Sterling

Or Borini. Can playing deeper in midfield in both set-ups.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:20 pm

Ben Smith (BBC):
"Lots of questions regarding Brendan Rodgers' future. I am told it is not even a talking point for ‪#‎LFC‬ owners. He is their man. Full stop."

:coffee:
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:12 pm

Fahim89 wrote:Ben Smith (BBC):
"Lots of questions regarding Brendan Rodgers' future. I am told it is not even a talking point for ‪#‎LFC‬ owners. He is their man. Full stop."

:coffee:

As it should be for now, honestly the getting sacked talk is too much right now, it's early on and we still got 26 games left. He just needs to sort his shit out, it took him a while to drop the 3 at the back system last year, and it's taking him a *bleep* long time to drop some of the BS tactics he keeps failing with this season. At a minimum he should see out the season, if he continues to deploy the same failing tactics till the final game and we finish below 4th, then well his made his own bed.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:17 pm

the scary thing is, if we sack him , say in January, whom we should replace him with :coffee:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:16 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:the scary thing is, if we sack him , say in January, whom we should replace him with :coffee:

exactly.

It's pointless to sack him midseason. Whatever happens let him finish the season at least.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:45 am

Sacking him mid season will never happen, if it did i would be massively disappointed. He deserves a whole season, my only concern is him wasting more funds in winter.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:54 am

We've been showing zero progress in spite of playing badly game after game, I'm not willing to watch that and let that happen for a whole season. I'm willing to give him until the Christmas - New Year period to show that he can get us playing better. If he doesn't, I'm most likely going to be calling for his sacking. There's no way we should be this bad under a good manager, so the question should quite rightly be in the air that is he a good manager.

But let's see, we've got some easier games coming up in the league, Stoke home, Leicester away, Sunderland home, maybe we'll get some wins and confidence and start improving. We'll see.

Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:49 pm

Honestly don't see any game as easy from now on.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:44 pm

mr-r34 wrote:Honestly don't see any game as easy from now on.

We have to see games like the next three ones in the Prem as easy games. If we don't, it's a sign that we've become so bad that we need a change and in football a change means the changing of manager.

If we see ourselves in a serious slump, that's still something perceived as temporary and we can look at some games as easy games to get ourselves out of that slump. If we cannot look at any game as an easy game, then we've come so bad that a permanent change is needed and in football that's the change of the manager.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:18 am

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/175375-brendan-steel-can-set-the-standard-now

The former was the subject of discussion again today, prompting Rodgers to speak at length about his appreciation for how the Brazilian has responded to the challenge of winning back a place.

"He has been outstanding," said the Northern Irishman. "It has probably been unfortunate for him that in the last season or so, I went with the holding midfield player in Steven Gerrard who was a playmaker.

"He wasn't a defensive midfield player, he was a player that could orchestrate our attacks from deep. With Steven's quality and range of passing, and the players that we had up front, I felt his quality could really exploit that.

"Now, the dynamic of that has changed at the front end of the field, so that means I need to rethink about the structure of the team. We maybe then look at a different type of midfield player to come in.

"Lucas is one that is an aggressor and can break up the attack, but he can also play as well. He has come in and in the games he has played this year he has done very well. He has been excellent.

"It's great credit to him and his professionalism - he hasn't let his head go down, he stays focused and has continued to work very hard so when he is brought into the team, he can do as well as he's done."

He added: "We haven't been in the best of form in terms of our performance level, and we needed to change that. We needed to raise the standard across the board - myself included.

"The players get an opportunity every day in training to show and demonstrate their qualities, and in games, and this year we have got a lot of games. Each time you play, that's your audition to play regularly in the team.

Patience.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:17 am

Jesus, Brendan it only took you 20 god awful games to realize this. Laughing

Let's hope our season has turned a corner.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:44 pm

It's not always smart to make knee-jerk decisions in football especially as a manager. When Sturridge was in the side we did not look that bad and Rodgers needed time to evaluate the team. If we had been really far our of the race or eliminated from competitions that would be one thing, but we weren't so there wasn't as much urgency.

Calma.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:48 am

I'm really puzzled by his substitutions (tactical decisions).

I would have much preferred bringing in Enrique for Johnson who would have provided much needed solidity in our back-line. Moreno didn't really contributed much in attack either.

What did we achieve by substituting Lallana, who was providing body, movement & link-up in attack, with Allen??? While bringing in Coutinho for Raheem, who looked decidedly exhausted, would have allowed us to keep the opponents on the ropes.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:54 am

The Moreno for Manquillo substitution at half-time was a real strange one (the commentators were saying it was tactical and not a forced one). The game was 1 - 1, so we needed to score, and our answer is to change a full-back at half-time?

Lallana for Allen, well, I was okay with that, although I would have subbed off Sterling instead of Lallana. A bit disappointed that Markovic still didn't get any minutes.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:15 pm

Bah gawd in one of those away games, we need to play Markovic, I want to see if it is true "Markovic-future god of counter attacking", has any potential. Not against scums though. In some away game, Rodgers can try to extract something out of Marko resting Sterling.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:36 am

Brendan quotes circulating in the media about Mario

“As as a club we felt that buying Mario was the solution at the time,” said Rodgers.

“In the summer, we had Rickie Lambert. Fabio Borini looked 100 per cent that he was leaving, and obviously Daniel Sturridge has shown in his career so far that he gets injuries.

“To go into the season with no-one else would have been very difficult for us."

“It would have been unfair to leave Rickie Lambert, as a 32-year-old, as the only other striker that we had.

“I felt it was a risk we needed to take with Mario because, as a group, we couldn’t afford not to a that time.

“It was obviously late on and we needed to have someone in.

“It’s something that we can’t regret now. I made it clear at the beginning it was a calculated risk - and that is why he probably cost the money he did.”
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:50 am

I would have really preferred if that hadnt come out like that, is he trying to protect himself and screw other people, I mean I dont even understand why is he saying that now.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:44 am

Balotelli didn't even play today. So what's the point of bringing him up after such a shit performance? It doesn't make sense.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:24 am

He could of bought remy or bony, he chose mario, it's his fault.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:29 am

It's his fault for buying Balotelli for the role he's been made to play. It would have been better to buy someone who has less ability, but more suited to be the striker in Brendan's preferred 4-3-3. Balotelli can be a good player, but not in a lone striker role that would require making runs behind the defense and roaming out wide and challenging defenders with his speed and dribbling. That's the sort of striker Brendan's 4-3-3 requires and that's what Sturridge is, but using Mario (or Lambert) as cover for that, it's just stupid. Trying to make a round peg fit in a square hole.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:20 am

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:I would have really preferred if that hadnt come out like that, is he trying to protect himself and screw other people, I mean I dont even understand why is he saying that now.

The gift that keeps on gifting. Smile

No idea why he's attacking so many players / has grudges against them when he's the problem here......... but I'll let myself out. #rodgersthegreatestforever
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:05 pm

We need to have a talk Brendan.

It's not even a knee jerk, the guy has looked like a sunday league manager all season, no point letting him waste more funds.

Bring in Sami.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 22 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 22  Next