McAgger
mr-r34
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Art Morte
BeautifulGame
32 posters

Page 14 of 22 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 22  Next

Go down

Breaking: Liverpool sack Brendan Rodgers - Page 14 Empty Re: Breaking: Liverpool sack Brendan Rodgers

Post by mr-r34 Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:39 pm

To also add, Rodgers now deserves praise as much as he deserved criticism back in our slump.

mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Breaking: Liverpool sack Brendan Rodgers - Page 14 Empty Re: Breaking: Liverpool sack Brendan Rodgers

Post by Helmer Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:50 pm

@dear Natalie, his winning games recently doesnt make Balos handling right instantly, I will agree with you when I see Balo performing positively again, but I dont want to believe blindly that it was the right thing to do.

@Mr r number, whatever defensive organisation was lacking is provided through current 3-4-3 formation. So credit does go to Rodgers for changing the things and putting us back on track, in terms of results and performances. As u said, the season is not yet over but at least I have more hopes than ever for this season.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:07 am

mr-r34 wrote:To also add, Rodgers now deserves praise as much as he deserved criticism back in our slump.
Thumbs up
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:37 am

We were bad for 4 months, now we've been good for 2 months, let's see how the last 3 months go before declaring everything's great again.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:38 am

Maybe through open criticism or whatever means necessary BR has brought out the best of players (where it was possible) so stop jumping on him (on moments notice) and for a while get of his back people.
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:29 am

Breaking: Liverpool sack Brendan Rodgers - Page 14 9pTspOa

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:12 am

no doubt about it, Sturridge had bought the ticket for that guy :coffee:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:30 am

Breaking: Liverpool sack Brendan Rodgers - Page 14 B_CNSKLUwAIDETk

you guys know where we will finish with that thing Proud

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:32 am

Brendan Rodgers admits fear for Liverpool job after Palace defeat

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers admits he would not have been surprised had he been sacked earlier this season.

Rodgers' low point came after the 3-1 defeat by Crystal Palace in November, when he revealed changes had to be made if he was to save their season, and his job.

The results since have been dramatically improved, with Liverpool not having lost in the Premier League since the turn of the year, and they go into the clash with Burnley on Wednesday just two points outside the top four.

Such an achievement seemed unlikely after they lost 3-1 at Selhurst Park on November 23 - their third league defeat in a row - to sit 12th in the standings, a result that Rodgers admits forced him into a re-think as well as taking him back to his departure from Reading.

"After that Palace game I felt that it doesn't matter how much support you have, the team is not functioning and it could not go on really," Rodgers said.

"But I certainly wasn't going to roll over and die. I will always fight for my life. I love it here and I want to be successful here.

"I understood the situation. My experience at Reading told me that. That's what I learned from my sacking there. I went in to Reading with the full backing of the chairman, who was great to me, and I got 20 games.

"What I learned was it does not matter how much support you have in the boardroom, from the directors, the executives, you have to get results and you have to win.

"I needed to make decisions that would allow us to get back to somewhere near what we had been and the transformation of the team, with everyone talking about the system and how dynamic it is, has been good to see. I should have done it earlier!"
not bad I must say !!

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:14 pm

Rodgers is going to bring us into a new era of success in the PL.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:59 am

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=957573981054801&pnref=story

lmao
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Breaking: Liverpool sack Brendan Rodgers - Page 14 Empty Sky Sports: Rodgers set to stay

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon May 25, 2015 5:32 pm

:facepalm: :facepalm:

RODGERS GOING NOWHERE

It is our understanding that the Liverpool owners have no intention of sacking manager Brendan Rodgers.

Club sources have told us that while there will be a robust and thorough review, but changing manager is not on the agenda. This review is expected to be in June.

We understand Liverpool have not spoken to, sounded out, or considered any replacement manager.

---------------------------------
This charlatan Americans don't care about trophies and I've said since dya one

As long as Rodgers can develop players for them to buy low and sell at profit , they'll be happy.

Congrats all....next season is gonna get nasty very quickly..and not only for the manager, but for the capitalist pigs at charge.

I hope we never be associated with any Yanks after these are finally gone.

Really hope a proper country with culture and passion is our next owners. Someone like Russians

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon May 25, 2015 5:42 pm

Calm down. 'Skysports' understanding..' lol

Liverpool's owners will want the manager to stay up until the minute they fire him, as is usual.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon May 25, 2015 6:11 pm

sepi wrote:As long as Rodgers can develop players for them to buy low and sell at profit , they'll be happy.
Exactly how many players we have sold for a profit??? scratch
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon May 25, 2015 6:39 pm

I'll just repeat what I said in the Rodgers Out thread:

It's not a bad thing.

Again, a managerial change isn't going to fix anything if we don't bring in top end talent. We would still be a long shot to make top 4. Instead of focusing on a search for a new manager, when this one has already proven he can make top 4 with a team that can score, they should be focusing their efforts into player evaluation and getting a big time player to sign with us.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon May 25, 2015 7:00 pm

^ Of course it's not a bad thing according to you Laughing

Some of us have Standards.

Rodgers said judge me after 3 yeasr in 2012.

3 years later...No trophies, squad imbalanced, morale at all time low, top young talent desparate to leave, and just battered 6-1 against STOKE CITY !! in farewell game of a legend

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon May 25, 2015 7:01 pm

Breaking: Liverpool sack Brendan Rodgers - Page 14 20130109

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon May 25, 2015 7:52 pm

Ok revisionist history is great. But line up our squad against those of United, City, Chelsea and Arsenal and tell me it's a team that had a better than a very long shot of reaching top 4 or winning trophies this year?

Hell compare our lineup of a year ago against those same teams and still no one would expect us to be in the top 4 before the season unfolded. Rodgers improved 2 out of his 3 seasons here. Look at the bigger picture.

Sterling is a spoiled brat that Rodgers has given everything to. I don't see how you can put that on him.

You having unrealistic standards doesn't mean Rodgers should be the scapegoat for our not being a European powerhouse yet.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon May 25, 2015 8:13 pm

El Cujo wrote:Ok revisionist history is great. But line up our squad against those of United, City, Chelsea and Arsenal and tell me it's a team that had a better than a very long shot of reaching top 4 or winning trophies this year?

Hell compare our lineup of a year ago against those same teams and still no one would expect us to be in the top 4 before the season unfolded. Rodgers improved 2 out of his 3 seasons here. Look at the bigger picture.

Sterling is a spoiled brat that Rodgers has given everything to. I don't see how you can put that on him.

You having unrealistic standards doesn't mean Rodgers should be the scapegoat for our not being a European powerhouse yet.

You might remember I made a few posts defending Rodgers end of last year, because expectations were crazy and it was always going to be a tough season if the goal was top 4.
Rodgers did a few interesting things, the move to 3-4-3 under heavy pressure showed balls and worked for a while.

The problem I see is - there's also too many disappointing signs.

Not just missing out top 4 (it was always going to be hard ALTHOUGH the dissapointing thing is that it was actually a snail race this year, not such a tough ask).

The showing in CL one can excuse, inexperienced sides often bottle it in the group, and many posters here were fooling themselves over the quality of, say, BASEL lol

But then another poor showing in EL, which this year was a path to CL too.

Poor showing in FA cup against weaker teams.

All in all it feels that your argument about having stability and continuity doesn't feel quite right when Rodgers seems to be having the team in constant transition anyway.

You say a change of manager would mean another summer of new players and changed teams etc. - but I got to ask, isn't that bound to happen anyway, since last summers signings are slated so much?
After 3 years, is there a feeling Rodgers has established a working team?
And no, that Suarez left doesn't count in that regard. It's a loss of individual quality, it shouldn't mean a collapse of the way you play.

I respect it not to see the answer to anything to change of manager.
Rodgers is not a bad coach.
Though I feel he talks too much bs publicly and I fear he might talk too much bs internally as well.

My opinion is, in this summer there's simply a better option available, one that for me would fit Liverpool very well, especially under the circumstances.
That option is Klopp.
Obviously there's no guarantee he won't fail, or be worse, or whatever.

But I have the feeling he could be really, really a great thing for Liverpool, in a way that there are no questions about the manager at all in 3 years.

Because that's how long Rodgers is there already, and it's a long time for a manager. He's got just slightly too little to show for it imo for it to be outrageous to change manager, even if Rodgers doesn't exactly deserve to be chased out of the club or something.

Not always is a manager readily available that would be such a great fit. Liverpool should take the opportunity, the club will love Klopp.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon May 25, 2015 8:15 pm

@Cujo

Our squad doesn't scream "top-4", true, but when you consider how unconvincing Man United were - how their squad flopped with star players like RVP, Falcao, Di Maria not really being anything better than what we had - we should have done much better than finish a weak 6th. Furthermore, Rodgers is the biggest single individual responsible for building our squad.

"When you spend over £100m you'd expect to challenge for the title".

Brendan's words, not mine.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon May 25, 2015 8:19 pm

Liverpool is the 5th expensive squad in wages etc.

In that regard, top 4 would be overperforming.

But that's the point, there are managers that lead their teams to overperform for longer than what can be called a fluke. Klopp is one.

Simeone is another. Rodgers could have shown this season he is too, but he didn't.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon May 25, 2015 9:39 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:The showing in CL one can excuse, inexperienced sides often bottle it in the group, and many posters here were fooling themselves over the quality of, say, BASEL lol
Don't mock Baselona! They are the bane of English football :coffee:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon May 25, 2015 9:41 pm

rwo power wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:The showing in CL one can excuse, inexperienced sides often bottle it in the group, and many posters here were fooling themselves over the quality of, say, BASEL lol
Don't mock Baselona! They are the bane of English football :coffee:
I mocked Liverpool posters, not Basel hmm
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon May 25, 2015 9:45 pm

Good. Many people still take Basel far too lightly. ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon May 25, 2015 10:08 pm

rwo power wrote:Good. Many people still take Basel far too lightly. ^^
And that's exactly what I mocked Liverpool posters for.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon May 25, 2015 10:16 pm

If it's true. I'm done with football. I'm taking a sabbatical for a year. Maybe I'll watch more tennis and NBA. Would love to watch all the ATP tournaments in a calendar year. What with Federer getting older, no better time to enjoy his career before he calls it.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 22 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 22  Next