England vs France - The Key Battles

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: England vs France - The Key Battles

Post by rwo power on Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:33 pm

The really funny part is that I know this joke since at least 2006 - and it is STILL true Laughing

rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett on Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:02 pm

@Lord Hades wrote:The England team visited an orphanage in Poland today.

"It's heartbreaking to see their sad little faces with no hope." said Igor, aged 6. Laughing Razz

Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx on Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:41 pm

“To succeed at the Euros we must go to the final and win,” Benzema told reporters.

“But we must be at least pass the first round beginning by winning against England.”

The 24-year-old is one of the most in-form forwards heading into the European Championships having been crucial to the title-winning Real Madrid team in the season just finished.

However, the striker was coy on his own impact to the France squad.

He said: “I don't know if I am the only world class player in the French team but we are a team. A good group.

“There is no particular pressure. Everyone waits for me, it's like that [but] I will continue to be as I am.

“I don't know if I am in the form of my life, I am 24 years old, but I feel superb. I have confidence in myself in Madrid; I work to be each time to the top.”

Benzema also dismissed talk of him being among the favourites for the top goalscorer at Euro 2012, but admitted it would be a dream to win the accolade.

“I don’t think about the Golden Ball; I have it in a corner of my mind,” he insisted.

“Everyone dreams to be the best player in the world. It's normal. But me I think to make a good game against England. A beautiful Euro.”

England have been hit by a string of injuries heading into the Euros, but Benzema insists that the Three Lions remain a threat even with the numerous injuries.

“We will have many moving and we will not fall into their game,” the forward added.

“They want the physical fight and are ready for it. England is a big team - even with a few injured, there are many great players in their team.”

Benzema concluded with his thoughts on Gonzalo Higuain’s future at Real Madrid.

Reports have linked the Argentine with a move away from the Bernabeu because of lack of playing time.

He added: “Higuain is in Madrid, I hope he will stay. He did not want to leave to PSG or I do not know where.”

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado on Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:53 pm

England can hurt France on the counterattack

I mean even Estonia and Iceland had some chances....
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy on Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:13 pm

Difference is that France defenders are physical types... It doesn't really work well in friendlies because you only engage physically at 75%. Rami-Mexes allowed 3 goals in 4 friendlies and 2 goal in 5 euro qualifying games. Without Mexes, France defense gave up 2 goals in the other 5 games. We were actually the best defensive team in qualifiers with 4 GA in 10 games. Mexes was hurt for 5 of them, Sagna for 7 of them and Rami for 1 of them.

I'm not worried about our defense. When we can go full tilt, we are as tough as it gets.

England NT is going to play "Chelsea" footy... or anti-footy lol. If it could beat Barca and Bayern, it can surely work against France.

Difference is that there's no Drogba, Ivanovic, Ramires or Mata on the team. Nobody close at those positions really. So i think the best result for England is a 0-0 draw.

World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by samcooke1991 on Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:39 pm

Their defence will most likely be Debuchy, Mexes Rami and Evra ( or maybe clichy at left back). So strong in the full back department but all the fans are complaining that Mexes has got fat ha, so Welbeck may be the best option as he can use his pace to outdo him
samcooke1991
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : PSG

http://www.oddslife.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:40 pm

Anyone seen this ? Laughing

Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett on Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:41 pm

^Yep. Hilarious and very true!

Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx on Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:43 pm

Hoof it to Carroll instead of Drogba? :coffee:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy on Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:02 am

@samcooke1991 wrote:Their defence will most likely be Debuchy, Mexes Rami and Evra ( or maybe clichy at left back). So strong in the full back department but all the fans are complaining that Mexes has got fat ha, so Welbeck may be the best option as he can use his pace to outdo him

Except that Mexes is holding back in friendlies since he's not allowed to go physically hard.

Blanc said he's just gotten stronger, not fat. They measured his body fat at 7% in training camp, which is amazing. Since he couldn't play for a long time, he became a fitness freak.

Diarra is the key on counters. He needs to break them up or slow them down.

World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx on Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:44 pm

He told the BBC: "I would have taken it, but I was never approached. I love club football. I was relieved I didn't get offered it."

Despite missing out on the England job, Redknapp offered his support for Hodgson, adding: "It's a great opportunity for Roy."

Meanwhile talks of a new contract at Tottenham have been put on hold after the news that Daniel Levy's mother has passed away.

Redknapp remarked: "He has more important things on his mind."

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx on Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:46 pm

I have a hunch that England will win this one.
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2