The Messiah
VivaStPauli
Onyx
The Sanchez
rwo power
47 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Group B: Netherlands vs Germany discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: Group B: Netherlands vs Germany discussion

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:07 pm

Well, I mean they did well according to their means, but Germany is the better team, and also played well according to their means, so obviously Germany won. That doesn't mean that the Dutch had a bad game.

VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Group B: Netherlands vs Germany discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: Group B: Netherlands vs Germany discussion

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:09 pm

Well I'll just admit it: I didn't want to sound like a c*nt and just go out and say "well Germany are just better, nothing the Dutch could've done", but that was basically my point, yes. Sorry. Very Happy
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:11 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:Well I'll just admit it: I didn't want to sound like a c*nt and just go out and say "well Germany are just better, nothing the Dutch could've done", but that was basically my point, yes. Sorry. Very Happy
Group B: Netherlands vs Germany discussion - Page 7 LOW-TROLLS-THE-BALL-BOY
Was it you with the ballthere ? eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:12 pm

To be fair to Löw, he totally volleyed that ball back up for the kid :p
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:28 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:Well I'll just admit it: I didn't want to sound like a c*nt and just go out and say "well Germany are just better, nothing the Dutch could've done", but that was basically my point, yes. Sorry. Very Happy

This is what I'm picturing:

Group B: Netherlands vs Germany discussion - Page 7 FewK0
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:33 pm

Lol Phritz, I just came back into the thread to post exactly that picture. Totally boss Very Happy
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:12 pm

Group B: Netherlands vs Germany discussion - Page 7 4477666_460s
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:22 pm

honestly Netherlands needsa coach that undrestands midfields
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:23 pm

Group B: Netherlands vs Germany discussion - Page 7 Robben_jpg_1013719i

Translation:
What kind of animals don't score goals?

Robben! ( Robbe= seal in German, Robben= seals)
eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:32 pm

Immortal Babun wrote:Group B: Netherlands vs Germany discussion - Page 7 Robben_jpg_1013719i

Translation:
What kind of animals don't score goals?

Robben! ( Robbe= seal in German, Robben= seals)
eco smile

AFK.
Dumping girlfriend.
Flying to Ukraine.
Finding those two.
Marrying both of them.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:40 pm

I honestly think I would prefer Germany to win that Spain win 3 Big Tournaments. I think Germany can improve a whole lot. Personally I think they were not good enough in both of the games. Had they not had a Gomez at Top Form they would have drawn/lost both the games. When Gomez finishes,he is GOD MODE. Yesterday was one such game. I would like to see what he was when his form or if his form falls.

Muller,Podolski did nothing. Muller should have destroyed Willems who was a joke. None of the Fb's were much aggressive. Bastia-Ozil were good although Ozil was marked a lot.

Hummels-Bads impressed me. Solid CB pairing for years to come. Not much to say. Germany has to improve a lot. The Wings are probably the weakest among all top teams who have wingers. Its stupid to expect Gomez always score & make up for it.

Other than @ Babun - I said it then & there, RVP had an almost empty tap-in & 2 1on 1's in the first 25 odd minutes. Had he scored a goal the match would be over. I dont care about the consolation goal. This is why Hunter must start ST,he will score those chances. He is a good finisher. And he takes the CB's away allowing free space for RVP to shoot like he got for the goal. Hunter is being terribly misused,he is not a link up player to come in the 60th minute odd.

Other than same for Kuyt. He had no business playing. He is more of a defender than an attacker. I feel we could have won both games easily if we had a Good Coach.

Congrats to Viva,Babun. Well Played but Germany must improve a lot. Please beat Denmark if you can. I hope Reus,Goetze will try to justify their hype & prove how good they are.

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:44 pm

Immortal Babun wrote:
Kingofeverythingclassy wrote:Kuyt for Robben. Robben was the only Quick player we had. And he is a guy who can score Goals on his own. If you want to bring off Robben bring on Narsingh,he is quick & can cross for Huntelaar.

Why Kuyt. Kuyt is a complete defensive player & slow & useless for winning this kind of game.

And Afellay what a horrible game. People are ignoring him. Ignoring that he left an 18 year old Willems high & dry with no Defensive Support. Even RObben supported VDW more.

And Afellay was 0 offensively as was VDW. Why on earth is Afellay played.

Everyone saw the difference Huntelaar makes when RVP plays behind him. Huntelaar takes away the CB's opening up free space for RVP.

The defense has to improve. Heitinga was Everton's Player of the Season & he was a ROCK this season,shame to see him play so horribly.

Its time to dump old age guys & include New Fresh Talent who are starving for an opportunity.

Again I will say De Jong had a BOSS game. Remember that tackle on Ozil inside the box when Ozil tried twisted & turning & did nothing. De Jong completely neutralized Ozil.

Unfortunately Mark van Bommel did nothing to stop Schweni.
De Jong played well to restrict Özil but Özil was a decoy himself in this game. Özil was heavily marked but he took away DMs out of position. You fall all over Van Bommel but what about Snejder?
Özil took out De Jong most of the time then Van Bommel faced both Khedira and Schweini at the same time. Snejder could've done better by shutting down one of them. It was a lazy ass performance by Snejder defensively.
Robben played well in my eyes as just did Van Persie. Dutch setup sucks in general that's why they looked out of place until Hunter arrived.
I still wouldn't overrate Hunter's impact too much if I were you. Germany isn't totally fit ( still picking up fitness) so it was expected that players would be out of steam come 70-80th minute. Still, both RVD and Robben need someone who makes runs to create space for them.

If De Jong took Ozil away,then was it not MVB's decision to stop the Schweni pass instead of letting him pass like that.

That was 70% his fault

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:02 pm

Kingofeverythingclassy wrote:I honestly think I would prefer Germany to win that Spain win 3 Big Tournaments. I think Germany can improve a whole lot. Personally I think they were not good enough in both of the games. Had they not had a Gomez at Top Form they would have drawn/lost both the games. When Gomez finishes,he is GOD MODE. Yesterday was one such game. I would like to see what he was when his form or if his form falls.

Oh come on, that's bullshit logic and you know it. If Gomez was missing we'd be only 10 and of course we'd lose, right?

Or do you mean if Klose was playing..? If Klose was playing our link-up play would've been much better, we'd had more possession, and one of Özil, Müller, Podolski would've scored - also, you can't say that Klose wouldn't have scored one as well from one of those chances.

That's just a shoddy argument, Gomez playing means he scores, but Klose playing means a more flexible attack, and Klose probably assisting, or scoring.

Muller,Podolski did nothing. Muller should have destroyed Willems who was a joke. None of the Fb's were much aggressive. Bastia-Ozil were good although Ozil was marked a lot.

Müller, Podolski did not score, yes, but they both worked against the ball quite well, I assume they were instructed to play more defensively, because that's what they did. Müller even tackled your forwards once or twice very near our own box, as did Poldi.

Hummels-Bads impressed me. Solid CB pairing for years to come. Not much to say. Germany has to improve a lot. The Wings are probably the weakest among all top teams who have wingers. Its stupid to expect Gomez always score & make up for it.

The wings aren't wings, that's probably what you mean. Podolski and Müller are both bad at being traditional wingers, but they're both excellent second strikers. I would prefer using them in a more attacking manner again, though, so I half-agree, the way they're currently used due to tactics isn't playing to their strenghts, and detracts from our offensive capabilities. It does make our defense look good, though.

Speaking of which, I knew that Badstuber and Hummels are both very good defenders, but I, too, am surprised at how well they did.

Other than @ Babun - I said it then & there, RVP had an almost empty tap-in & 2 1on 1's in the first 25 odd minutes. Had he scored a goal the match would be over. I dont care about the consolation goal. This is why Hunter must start ST,he will score those chances. He is a good finisher. And he takes the CB's away allowing free space for RVP to shoot like he got for the goal. Hunter is being terribly misused,he is not a link up player to come in the 60th minute odd.

No, had he scored the match wouldn't have been over, that would've just meant that Germany would have to go for all-out attack, which they haven't done yet. But it would probably mean any of Reus, Götze, Schürrle on, and run, run, run. Who knows who would've won, but there would have been quite a lot more goals in that match - and we still would've had the much better defense.

Other than same for Kuyt. He had no business playing. He is more of a defender than an attacker. I feel we could have won both games easily if we had a Good Coach.

That doesn't mean Kuyt shouldn't play. In fact I'd probably start Kuyt and only sub him off if the Netherlands fall behind, replacing him with someone who really is a proper attacker.

Congrats to Viva,Babun. Well Played but Germany must improve a lot. Please beat Denmark if you can. I hope Reus,Goetze will try to justify their hype & prove how good they are.

Thanks, but we didn't do anything. But I do hope we beat Denmark, for 3 reasons:
1) I want the Netherlands to go through, they'd be my 2nd choice to win it if we go out.
2) I want the confidence for us from 3 straight wins.
3) It'll be a more secure way to the quarters, and I do want that trophy.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BAYERN_MUNICH Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:18 pm

Group B: Netherlands vs Germany discussion - Page 7 556544_353588118044819_1722738389_n

Do it like the Dutch,
watch the final infront of the TV.

(advertisement from the biggest electronic discounter in Ger.) Very Happy
BAYERN_MUNICH
BAYERN_MUNICH
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:53 pm

"If you look at the ideal example, Barcelona or Spain, you can see how good their defenders are at setting up, even while they still have possession. That is perfect defending," Schweinsteiger was quoted as saying on the official Uefa website.

"The teams that defend well in this tournament will go far. In many situations when you are attacking, you already have to start thinking about what happens once the ball is lost.

"As a defensive player, you already have to watch the opposing attackers and ask yourself what could happen when the ball is lost."

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:54 pm

Well obviously Germany want to defend by pressing early, and with the whole team. I really like that they all grasp the concept that defending begins with Gomez and doesn't end with Neuer. They all work hard for it.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by totaalvoetbal Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:15 pm

Congrats to Germany... they were the better team!

IMO v Marwijk failed... playing the same team with v Persie up front.
totaalvoetbal
totaalvoetbal
Prospect
Prospect

http://goingusa.waarbenjij.nu

Back to top Go down

Post by BAYERN_MUNICH Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:48 pm

Appreciation for yesterday

Group B: Netherlands vs Germany discussion - Page 7 600254_10150963760309592_1492200877_n
BAYERN_MUNICH
BAYERN_MUNICH
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:53 pm

Germany haven't quite reached the best performances yet, but they have shown a lot of promise and are currently the best team in this tournament, based on the first two games. I have been impressed with Hummels, I never expected him to be as dominant as he is, and that's because his international career hasn't started off as I expected it to.

Marwijk has been a disappointment. Sticking with de Jong and van Bommel has degraded the quality of the side. I would have personally started with Sneijder alongside de Jong, try out something different, with van Persie playing behind Huntelaar, who has been unlucky not getting the recognition he deserves. Also, Robben is a disgrace. As good a player he is, he is far too selfish and doesn't link-up enough with team mates.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:42 pm

For the first time for long, I'm quite confident we could win something eco smile

We have a super efficient striker ( see my sig), a game plan full of turtling, a central defender who defends ( Hummels) and an X factor from midfield eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:04 pm

Spain have f*cking good chemistry, though. Bastards.

BTW, uber long analysis, last post on page -> waste of time, had to be said.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:20 pm

Group B: Netherlands vs Germany discussion - Page 7 301775_10150961032649293_1011958516_n

Stop it Hummels..............hehehehehe...lol
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by leemhuis Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:09 am

I am extremely disappointed. I have a feeling it is the start of another slump for us. You know what I am talking about, they last years. When we miss WCs and Euros. Like the 80s.
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:19 am

Nah, you were just unlucky against Denmark, got plenty of young talent coming through and this Germany team is simply too good to be true :X
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:58 pm

I have said it the Italy 2008-10 Model,playing with a bunch of oldies to suppress young talent wont work. I knew Bert would flop given constant horrid selections.

Anyways Muller apparently went to the opposing camp & said he will do his best to beat Denmark,good gesture,I hope Germany dont concede a 90th minute goal after going 1-0 up. I am counting on Schurle,Reus,Goetze to do something great.

Anyways,whoever has been surprised by Hummels has been living in a shell. I have been saying he WILL be the best German CB since Kaiser. I hope he develops properly. He is a Future Ballon Winner. I am VERY VERY sad that Bayern let him go & are not trying their best to GET him back somehow

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:11 pm

Gomez was only 22 seconds on the ball in both games. He scores a goal for every 7.3s of possession.
Messi and CR7 who? eco smile

Source: http://www.rtl.de/cms/news/rtl-aktuell/gomez-knaller-alle-7-3-sekunden-ein-tor-2215c-51ca-32-1158246.html
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next