Group D: France vs England discussion

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Re: Group D: France vs England discussion

Post by aleumdance on Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:35 pm

@Abramovich wrote:
@aleumdance wrote:
@Adit wrote:Ref was pretty good . Didnt stop play alot and gave advantage many time.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

The England hate is strong in that one

I know right

adit fvcked himself over with that comment

the ref was anti- english from start

aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy on Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:38 pm

First game against toughest group opponent. Game 2 is Ukraine, who are horrific. France basically played as conservative as they possibly could. If they lucked into a win, like Germany, great. But they weren't going to go all out against PTB and open themselves up for counters. No chance. Especially since Blanc is still figuring out where Mexes is physically.

I had 2 disappointments:
1- Malouda is a useless sack of donkey shat
2- Benz forgot that a CF is supposed to attack the box lol

if we had Giroud in there, i am sure we would have scored another one. So many times Ribery and Debuchy got the edge and benz wasn't even in the box.

Other thing.... Evra played well, that bastard. He's going to deceive sooner or later though.

World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx on Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:39 pm

England weren't really parking the bus.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Private

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance on Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:42 pm

mtfootball wrote:England weren't really parking the bus.

lol you actually think they would know

nobody knows defense on here.. its as bad as lol.com

Wilshere is a typical chav, lack of intelligence overshadowed by hustling behaviour...until he's found out.

cyberman pls accept my friend invitation. I want to suck you off Proud
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar on Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:42 pm

Pretty much what i expected for england, roy has them defending very resolutely, had a feeling the french were going to underperform as well. After his second half performance aoc deserves to keep his place too

First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza on Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:43 pm

Should have started Giroud in the box, and put benzema in a more free role instead of malouda just running around like a confused bag of potatoes.
About the ref, didn't see anything wrong with him, besides the freekick that should have been awarded for Johnson in the corner

World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by totaalvoetbal on Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:43 pm

England reminded me to much about Chelsea... It's a shame France couldnt break their defense, only shoot from the second line.

Prospect

http://goingusa.waarbenjij.nu

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 on Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:45 pm

@sportsczy wrote:First game against toughest group opponent. Game 2 is Ukraine, who are horrific. France basically played as conservative as they possibly could. If they lucked into a win, like Germany, great. But they weren't going to go all out against PTB and open themselves up for counters. No chance. Especially since Blanc is still figuring out where Mexes is physically.

I had 2 disappointments:

if we had Giroud in there, i am sure we would have scored another one. So many times Ribery and Debuchy got the edge and benz wasn't even in the box.

Other thing.... Evra played well, that bastard. He's going to deceive sooner or later though.

you play Sweden second
halamadrid2
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower on Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:58 pm

RED 80s. wrote:Draw was a fair result. France, for all the hype they recieved going into the tournument, they weren't impressive. I feel England matched them all the way.

edit: Welbeck was brilliant. Hart, Welbeck, Gerrard, Ox and Lescott were very good. Milner was complete crap. For the French, I thought Cabaye and Diarra were brilliant.

England was heavily dominated and did not see the ball the last 20 minutes.

Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy on Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:02 pm

No, we play Ukraine on 6/15 at 18:00,

Sweden-France is on 6/19 at 20:45.

World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy on Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:04 pm

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:Pretty much what i expected for england, roy has them defending very resolutely, had a feeling the french were going to underperform as well. After his second half performance aoc deserves to keep his place too

Wenger and Lizerazu were commentators for TF1... they sure thought England was parking the bus mostly with 2 lines of 4. They pressured early and then dropped into PTB as soon as France got into England territory. At least that's what Wenger saw lol.

World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:19 pm

Thought France were better but England defended very well and probably deserved the draw.

Benz needs to realise that he's the vocal point and stop acting like a AM lol if Benz is going to play like like this then Giroud should come in for Malouda.

As far as England are concerned i was impressed with Gerrard today, defensively and offensively and showed something i havent seen in him in a deep role in a long long time.

From a Newcastle POV i thought Cabaye was brilliant and that shot he had was nestling in the bottom corner if it was'nt blocked.

I do wish Ben Arfa had come on earlier, he linked up well but had too little time to make an impact.

All in all a decent game, but does'nt change much i still think France will top the group and i still think England are battling out with Sweden for 2nd and Ukraine will probably not even get a point.

Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes on Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:27 pm

was very boring...
sleep got the better of me

"Juventus, the hardest Old Lady to get rape Very Happy
La Vecchia Signora"
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 on Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:20 pm

@sportsczy wrote:No, we play Ukraine on 6/15 at 18:00,

good luck playing Ukraine, they have super human power all of a sudden, they will cheat their way to glory
halamadrid2
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano on Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:17 pm

@Art Morte wrote:Carroll was needed. Okay, I'm not saying he is world-class, but as it could be foreseen and as it happened, England greated very little on the ground through the middle. Welbeck offered next to nothing. At least with Carroll those long balls and crosses would look like an OK decision.

But, everything is nicely open in this group now. Sweden to top it?

Completely disagree. There were some poor balls being put into the box and not even Carroll could have headed any of them, that's how poor the service was. Welbeck was good, showed why he was selected ahead of Carroll in the first place, his ground play primarily stands out. It's not his fault that the wingers weren't more adventurous. Once Rooney returns, England will have a number 10 at least.
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

https://twitter.com/#!/UtdWeekly

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar on Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:59 pm

Great defending from us all game. They were only ever going to beat us from a long shot, and our midfield was slow to get out and approach Nasri before he got a strike off.

Theo was brought on far too late and could have had a positive impact if he was given more time.

First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy on Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:02 pm

@halamadrid2 wrote:
@sportsczy wrote:No, we play Ukraine on 6/15 at 18:00,

good luck playing Ukraine, they have super human power all of a sudden, they will cheat their way to glory

You have to admit Sweden played horribly defensively and squandered a few golden chances.

Suedes have only themselves to blame here. You guys must beat England now. No Rooney still... so you have a chance.

They will park the bus like there's no tomorrow. But Ibra is the master at breaking that... complete opposite of Benzema.

World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:03 pm

@Amar wrote: They were only ever going to beat us from a long shot....

Not quite sure thats true, Cabaye's long shot was about to nestle in the bottom corner before someone launch themselves at the last second it to block it....

On another day that would have gone in, so its not quite true they would have never beaten us with a long shot.

Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred on Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:28 pm

France were definitely the better team, but England were every bit as pragmatic and negative as I expected of a Hodgson squad. The problem was that France decided to do a Spain impression, seldom making incicive runs into the box. C'mon Benzema! You're a World Class striker when you want to be. Grow a pair and get in the box!

Diarra was pretty solid in open play (though, his marking did let France down for England's goal). I don't think M'Vila's absence really contributed to the disappointing performance. England never came out to press. They were more than content to sit back and hope to nick a goal (a tactic I am still angry about from when Woy was at LFC). Unfortunately, it worked in this case, and it was Evra that gave away the foul. (Please pull him for Clichy...) In all, France looked lethargic and conservative. I always had the feeling that France hadn't really gotten into the tournament mindset yet and were willing to come out with a draw, especially after conceding a sloppy goal.

Gerrard was very good today. If not for him, France might have scored more. (Oh, the irony... What a cruel conflict of interest.) England as a squad didn't play badly. They did defend well, but they played negatively. They were fortunate to get the chance that led to the goal. To his credit, Lescott took it well and made sure not to waste his chance. Roy's tactics have been hailed by some as pragmatic against the group favorite, but wait until you see the same display against both Ukraine and Sweden. When they both come out fighting for their life in the tournament, England could be in trouble. Their next game against a desperate Sweden could be interesting.

I expect France to use this as a wake-up call and go on to win the next two matches. On the other hand, I see England drawing at least one of the next two matches (possibly losing one). The question is, will 5 points be enough to get out of the group? That now depends heavily on Ukraine's continued performance, as they have a huge leg up on the other 3 nations in the group.

donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois on Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:28 pm

You can't expect Benz to stay up and wait for the ball unless you have great midfielder to feed him proprely . he likes to touch the ball , to play .

First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:37 pm

Bénin wrote:You can't expect Benz to stay up and wait for the ball unless you have great midfielder to feed him proprely . he likes to touch the ball , to play .

He was fed fine, the problem was Benzema was acting like an AM all game he's the vocal point he needs to act like it....

Dropping deep to find space is one thing but being deeper than most of the midfielders is something completely different.

Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx on Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:01 am

"It was important not to lose. We have made much progress," he told reporters after the draw.

"We are more mature. And we want to do something with this generation.

"Now, we need to focus on the next [match]. I am confident in our ability to qualify for [the] quarter-finals."

The 24-year-old commented on his goal, hinting that he was able to fool the England keeper by beating him at his near post, rather than opening up body to take the shot.

[Franck] Ribery gave me the ball. The English defence was slow to close me down so I had time to hit it. And as Joe Hart knows me well, I decided not to open up my foot as usual."

France's next Group D game is against Ukraine on Friday at the Donbass Arena.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Private

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star on Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:48 am

@sportsczy wrote:First game against toughest group opponent. Game 2 is Ukraine, who are horrific. France basically played as conservative as they possibly could. If they lucked into a win, like Germany, great. But they weren't going to go all out against PTB and open themselves up for counters. No chance. Especially since Blanc is still figuring out where Mexes is physically.

I had 2 disappointments:

Here you go again dissing the small teams! I will pray that Ukraine beat you. The only thing horrific is your overrating of the French team!

France are not as good as you make them out to be. An English team with lots of injuries and a new coach held you back, ya very world class from France.

First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power on Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:42 am

Well, Michael Ballack was not impressed Razz

Super Moderator

Club Supported : Philadelphia Union

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning on Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:22 am

For France, I thought most played well, Diarra especially dominated. And so first choice LB still Ev ra and he did well....Benzema was good but didnt get enough help vs the organised defense.... and France trying to play like Spain wtf with no striker so often.... Blan chas joined the trend Laughing so Ribery nowadays plays on the left, his best positon where as he used to be on the right with Malouda left, although now its better since Malouda is slow nowadays....Nasri did good floating around the place which seems the front 4 do all the time... and the RB looks good.... though not too happy that both sides seem happy with a draw and didnt go for it...

England did good considering how they did in the past Very Happy Hoghson style...organised defense and quick attacks... Welbeck was invisible, Ox is too young....but overall played a together.... if they keep this up with Rooney coming back they will be good....
BarcaLearning
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy on Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:24 am

First games of pool where the alleged 2 top teams are matched usually go like this. Italy v. Spain was an aberration because Del Bosque lost his mind and Italy took advantage by attacking... i don't think this Italy team is equipped defensively to ptb anyhow (never in my life i thought i would say this lol).

Second game is where teams that drew the first go for the win. We'll see how good or meh these teams are in the next game...

World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next