BarrileteCosmico
Divine Intervention
leemhuis
Die Borussen
Onyx
41 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Group C: Italy vs Croatia discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Group C: Italy vs Croatia discussion

Post by Guest Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:09 pm

Brady2Moss wrote:
JespSwe wrote:howard webb .... Mad stupid referee....

does absolutely nothing to stop fans from throwing fireworks, does nothing at srna, plenty of clear free kicks not given.... rubbish.... !!!!!

proud of what italians have done so far, even though they conceded a goal to croatia, ....

Oh come on, at least show some gratitude. After all, without that free-kick on Balotelli that-never-was, Italy would never have scored.

lol,, how many opportunity did italy create in first half??? they deserved lead. croatia did well in second half, and i give them credit but webb was awful really. linesman as well. we know referees mess up the spectacle....

draw is fine... italy need to be more clinical...

Back to top Go down

Group C: Italy vs Croatia discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Group C: Italy vs Croatia discussion

Post by Guest Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:11 pm

i got the feeling that croatia is this good they could draw or even can win against spain which would be bad news for italy...

italy gootta score more now, and maybe goal difference might just help... maybe just win maybe not enough...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:14 pm

Brady2Moss wrote:

does absolutely nothing to stop fans from throwing fireworks, does nothing at srna, plenty of clear free kicks not given.... rubbish.... !!!!!

proud of what italians have done so far, even though they conceded a goal to croatia, ....

Oh come on, at least show some gratitude. After all, without that free-kick on Balotelli that-never-was, Italy would never have scored.

btw... italy 15 shots 5 shots on goal.... italy would have never scored hahaha....

croatia had 10 shots with 5 shots on goal.. in terms of accuracy croatia were much better though with 62% compared to 41.7$

Back to top Go down

Post by leemhuis Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:15 pm

Talk about a lack of finishers. Italy looked worse than Holland in front of goal. With that kind of finishing Italy will go nowhere. You can miss sitters against Croatia and hope to draw, you can't do that against Germany and hope not to lose. All the energy Italy wasted to get those chances was wasted and it show in the second half.
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Potential Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:17 pm

It's the system, it sucks; play 4-3-1-2 already...
Potential
Potential
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:19 pm

Fantastic game . Italy and Croatia were very impressive both .Motm for me was Pirlo, he was sensational to say the least .

one of the best games so far.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigole Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:19 pm

Flop of the match for me was Prandelli. Way to mess up with a 5-3-2 when it wasn't really needed; he has to try a new system with more attackers ffs.
Tigole
Tigole
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:20 pm

leemhuis wrote:Talk about a lack of finishers. Italy looked worse than Holland in front of goal. With that kind of finishing Italy will go nowhere. You can miss sitters against Croatia and hope to draw, you can't do that against Germany and hope not to lose. All the energy Italy wasted to get those chances was wasted and it show in the second half.

yeah that is well said man.. italy couldnt finish with the opportunity they created...

also when motta went off things changed awful lot with croatia pressing constantly.

my worries is that should spain absolutely demolish ireland today and draw with croatia, then well italy could well be in trouble... italy needs to beat ireland with by some big score...

i gotta bad feeling that trappatoni is italian who knows he might make ireland play very defensive....

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:20 pm

It's really quite sad that Italy can't score from open play.

I see them going through in 2nd place now though.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:21 pm

leemhuis wrote:Talk about a lack of finishers. Italy looked worse than Holland in front of goal. With that kind of finishing Italy will go nowhere. You can miss sitters against Croatia and hope to draw, you can't do that against Germany and hope not to lose. All the energy Italy wasted to get those chances was wasted and it show in the second half.

Italy missed only one great chance (Marchisio chance). That is the only one I consider to be a sitter, unless I have forgotten one in this game. I felt that, once Montolivo came on, Marchisio had to adjust and it affected him badly, after having a great first half. I'm disappointed with our attacking play, our wings backs are doing good jobs defensively, but offensively they haven't contributed. Changing the formation has to be an option, but it's somewhat a risk heading into the final game of the group stages.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:23 pm

II Capitano wrote:

Italy missed only one great chance (Marchisio chance). That is the only one I consider to be a sitter, unless I have forgotten one in this game. I felt that, once Montolivo came on, Marchisio had to adjust and it affected him badly, after having a great first half. I'm disappointed with our attacking play, our wings backs are doing good jobs defensively, but offensively they haven't contributed. Changing the formation has to be an option, but it's somewhat a risk heading into the final game of the group stages.

yeah that i agree with as well. good defensively but i agree .. from wings i had expected lot from giaccherini and maggio... well they didnt play bad but, maybe they needed a bit of a attacking stance... like they do in club level.

for me i feel like 3-5-2 is just about right because i feel midfield functions pretty well... and the fact that team draws back to defend well. its just that italy missed way too many chances....

Back to top Go down

Post by leemhuis Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:24 pm

II Capitano wrote:

You have forgotten about 3. LOL
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:24 pm

Pirlo once against beasted.
It was going to be a near perfect defensive game from the defenders until Chiellini horribly messed up by mistiming his header.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:25 pm

want to see di natale start .... with giovinco... i dont know i feel things are ok system is ok they need to find some ways to finish off in training....

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:27 pm

Italy created fuk all in second half once Croatia switched plans.

Italian midfield trying over the top ball over and over again made me laugh,how far predictable they can get?

Their midfield has steal but lacks creativity to score multiple goals.

Also agree with capitano. Italy didnt create many clear cut chances apart from Marchisio chance.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by leemhuis Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:28 pm

I was quite happy to see Motta leave Inter. He held their midfield together. Italy can't do without him especially with DDR not playng in midfield. But, he was exhausted.
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady2Moss Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:28 pm

JespSwe wrote:
Brady2Moss wrote:

btw... italy 15 shots 5 shots on goal.... italy would have never scored hahaha....

croatia had 10 shots with 5 shots on goal.. in terms of accuracy croatia were much better though with 62% compared to 41.7$

Go sit in the corner.

Brady2Moss
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:31 pm

just wished giovinco to start because he is little and cute and he can draw foul lol....

i know cassano have been brilliant but i feel gio can be more clinical...well thats just my view...

and di natale to start...

i dont know guys lol well depends now how spain ireland game turns...

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:31 pm

leemhuis wrote:I was quite happy to see Motta leave Inter. He held their midfield together. Italy can't do without him especially with DDR not playng in midfield. But, he was exhausted.

Three chances? I only remember Marchisio's chance, which other ones were there? And I'm talking about similar chances, and not chances like the one in the end, where a couple of the Italian players block each other off.

Also, Motta wasn't exhausted, it was a tactical substitution and a safe substitution, at the same time. Tactical because Motta was already on a yellow card. Safe because Motta is an integral figure in this current Italy squad. Without him, we look out of depth, and defensively we look fragile, to be honest.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:32 pm

Brady2Moss wrote:
JespSwe wrote:
Brady2Moss wrote:

Go sit in the corner.

thats fine ... if u dont like game facts lol....

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:32 pm

A draw was a very fair result. Don't blame the ref lol
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by dronte Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:33 pm

Potential wrote:It's the system, it sucks; play 4-3-1-2 already...

dronte
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:34 pm

hmm Borini should get a chance , and cassano should have been subbed earlier
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:35 pm

CBarca wrote:A draw was a very fair result. Don't blame the ref lol

well its true im not blaming the webb for the result...croatia deserved that result with italy im blaming him for some stupid decisions being made during the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:35 pm

JespSwe wrote:just wished giovinco to start because he is little and cute and he can draw foul lol....

i know cassano have been brilliant but i feel gio can be more clinical...well thats just my view...

and di natale to start...

i dont know guys lol well depends now how spain ireland game turns...

i don't know if it's just me , but Giovinco hasn't really impressed to deserve a starting position.. Balotelli , who did show flaws in these first 2 games , was more of a threat than Gio .

Cassano had a great game as well , though his performance dropped in the later stages of the 2nd half.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by leemhuis Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:36 pm

Balotelli’s neat turn and shot in the box had Stipe Pletikosa beaten but it was inches wide.

Claudio Marchisio drilled narrowly over from 15 yards.

Twice Cassano in front of goal

Claudio Marchisio double save by Croat GK
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next