guest7
halamadrid2
M99
Art Morte
Onyx
26 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Group D: Sweden vs England discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Group D: Sweden vs England discussion

Post by MarkForrest17 Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:13 pm

Going forward, With both Carroll and Welbeck scoring today, how do you play rooney? Just put him in at striker and bench one or both of them?

Or would something like this work

Carroll- Welbeck
Young- Rooney- Walcott
Gerrard

MarkForrest17
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Group D: Sweden vs England discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Group D: Sweden vs England discussion

Post by DRK Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:24 pm

That was a good game. Sets up a good England vs Ukrain final game
DRK
DRK
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:43 pm

MarkForrest17 wrote:Going forward, With both Carroll and Welbeck scoring today, how do you play rooney? Just put him in at striker and bench one or both of them?

Or would something like this work

Carroll- Welbeck
Young- Rooney- Walcott
Gerrard

Carroll
Rooney
Young - Parker - Gerrard - Milner

imo
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:52 pm

I would just go with Carroll and Welbeck again and use Rooney as a super-sub. I think those two have performed well in the games they have played and must be feeling quite confident.

I think today's line-up worked quite well, but Milner needs to be dropped for the next game. I haven't seen him contribute anything positive in the games he's played since Hodgson became manager. Walcott or Chamberlain should be starting against Ukraine.

Young's performances so far during the tournament are a bit concerning, but I'm not too sure if we should start both Walcott and Chamberlain in the same side.

Still a lot of work to be done but it's good to be in a position where a point will see us qualify from the group.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:10 pm

Hugeeeeeeeeeeeee win.

Theo :bow:

Still need to win the group so we can take out the Italians outta the Round of 16 (if they get there Laughing
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:12 pm

Walcott will do some serious damage to Cherry.

Not saying England will beat Italy but jussayin....
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:26 pm

Italy and Spain will both do us comfortably iam sorry but its the truth....

We struggle to keep the ball, Sweden got at the defence with quite relative ease so Italy and Spain will have no problem.

Even if Italy dont get through then we would struggle against Croatia too for the same reasons.

It's not like we are through yet anyway, Ukraine will be no pushovers and considering France will easily push Sweden aside it doesnt matter what we do we are finishing 2nd at best and that means Spain and that means bye bye.

Let's not go mad because we luckily beat a very poor Sweden side, we are still poor and i dont see an outcome which see's England in the semi finals.

Quarter finals is a success anyway.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:27 pm

Mole , your lack of faith in Cpatain fantastic is discerning to say the least Very Happy
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:30 pm

Walcott is good as a super-sub . he is terrific when he don't stqrt a game loll
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:34 pm

Gerrard? apart from his cross for Carroll's goal he was'nt really involved.

Besides what is Gerrard going to do against Spain? lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:35 pm

Young and Milner were shit, especially the latter. How on earth is he starting ahead of Walcott?

Defence was suspect, needs vast improvement for the next game. The man marking for the Swede's 2nd goal was so poor.

Well done to Carroll for a well taken goal, and what a cross by Gerrard once again for the opener. Welbeck as well for his incredible goal (my fav of the tourno so far)- great bit of skill to direct that in. He is playing so well so far for England.

Special praise for Walcott, what a cameo. Came on as a true definition of an impact sub and completely changed the game for England. Got a goal and acrucial assist for the winner....could have gotten another assist at the end if Gerrard scored. Has to start for the remainder of the tournament for England in place of the woeful Milner.

Good comeback. Rooney starts now, he's quality is much needed in the final 3rd, and along with Welbeck, he has an already established good partnership. England should kick on now.

Great 2nd half. What a match!
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:36 pm

good match
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:39 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Gerrard? apart from his cross for Carroll's goal he was'nt really involved.

Besides what is Gerrard going to do against Spain? lol.

Against Espana? Nothing.....

Against Italy? score two screamers hmm
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:52 pm

Gerrard will have similar problems that Xavi had against Italy he will be stopped by Motta and Marchisio and Pirlo will dictate ( the Pirlo part has no relation to Xavi but the Marchisio and Motta part does before anyone starts)

He wont even be in the game against both teams, besides England wont finisher higher than second because France will win.

So the Italy part is a moot point because it wont happen, if England do manage to get the result they need against Ukraine then they will face Spain in the Quarters and lose.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:55 pm

WELBECKKKKK
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:01 am

Quarter-finals wouldn't be terrible, all things considering. Hodgson has been in charge for little over a month and the squad we have is filled with average players with the odd good one here or there. If we make it out the group, either as winners of runners-up, and bow out to Spain or Italy I'd be satisfied. No shame in losing to teams vastly superior to you, after all.

I exepct the Ukraine game to be an open one, seeing as Ukraine still have a chance to qualify and the home supporters will be expecting a lot better than what they saw agaisnt France. It'd be a good game for Walcott to play in.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:03 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:Quarter-finals wouldn't be terrible, all things considering. Hodgson has been in charge for little over a month and the squad we have is filled with average players with the odd good one here or there. If we make it out the group, either as winners of runners-up, and bow out to Spain or Italy I'd be satisfied. No shame in losing to teams vastly superior to you, after all.

I exepct the Ukraine game to be an open one, seeing as Ukraine still have a chance to qualify and the home ground will be expecting a lot better than what they saw agaisnt France. It'd be a good game for Walcott to play in.

Completely agree, i would consider it a success and quite frankly everyone in the country should too.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:03 am

Italy are overrated...Shut down Pirlo and don't let Balo+Cassano burn you and you have more than a fair chance IMO
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:07 am

After I witnessed Chelsea win the CL...anything is possible.

I still believe Ireland and Sweden could win the competition too as long as they are in Poland-Ukraine

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:14 am

BhritanniaBhlue wrote:Italy are overrated...Shut down Pirlo and don't let Balo+Cassano burn you and you have more than a fair chance IMO

Like we have the players to shut down Pirlo and dont let Balo and Cassano burn us Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:53 am

I see us losing to Italy. I wish I were wrong but I just don't see how this group of players will do it.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by vizkosity Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:46 am

play the chelski style against italy hmm hope you can out defend them?!!?? rofl
vizkosity
vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Zuess99 Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:12 am

lol yeah the problem with england is that they dont have self belief, why should they be scared against other big clubs and defend? they should play an attacking game against italy.
Zuess99
Zuess99
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:15 am

When it's down to one game only, anything's possible.

But England aren't through yet, Ukraine can trouble them.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:02 am

England were very poor yesterday, they played two banks of four yet we cut them through at will, we have last balls, poor shots and hart to blame for not winning and thionel saving England of course... a pity we lost the lead(as usual), our defence has become so poor recently i hope it improves... anyways congratz to England for doing what you should do and thats to win... will support them now that Sweden are out

poor Ibra tho he gets a 8/10 did everything right but a pity our defence consists of relegation players

first time in history Sweden can finish the group with zero points :facepalm:
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:11 am

halamadrid2 wrote:England were very poor yesterday, they played two banks of four yet we cut them through at will, we have last balls, poor shots and hart to blame for not winning and thionel saving England of course... a pity we lost the lead(as usual), our defence has become so poor recently i hope it improves... anyways congratz to England for doing what you should do and thats to win... will support them now that Sweden are out

poor Ibra tho he gets a 8/10 did everything right but a pity our defence consists of relegation players

first time in history Sweden can finish the group with zero points :facepalm:

don't worry, just hope evra plays attack from his side,, you would score trust me
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next