Quarter final: England vs Italy discussion

Page 4 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down

Re: Quarter final: England vs Italy discussion

Post by dronte on Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:32 pm

Forza Rossoneri wrote:Not sure if reverse-jinxing or reverse-jinxing...
hmm

dronte
First Team
First Team

Posts : 2333
Join date : 2011-06-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Quarter final: England vs Italy discussion

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:11 pm

Barrettinator wrote:
@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:While that maybe the case he's still a c*nt and refuse to support people i dont like.... because i'm from the same country as someone dont mean i should have to support them....

I have had no connection to the english national team since Shearer retired in 2000 it's full of arrogant, overrated, overpaid c*nts with over-inflated opinions of themselves who could'nt care less about anyone but themselves.

Cole for example laughed when we lost 4-1 to Germany.

F*ck him.
No, mate. Real reason is that you're not supporting the team because there aren't any Newcastle players in it, which is quite sad.

There was Newcastle players playing for England after Euro 2000 and i still didnt support them its quite obvious why i dont support them.....

Because i dont want to support players i dont like it dont get butthurt Laughing

I had no problem supporting us in the 90s because we actually had likeable players but now its full of c*nts and has been for years.

I seem to remember you said you did'nt care at the beginning of the tournament but now we are winning its all fine an dandy Laughing

Typical Chelsea fans Laughing

_________________
avatar
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 63642
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Quarter final: England vs Italy discussion

Post by Dante on Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:26 pm

I always expected England to get out of the group. Sit back and brace yourself for more , deception is coming.

_________________

Grazie Silvio . For everything
avatar
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 5460
Join date : 2011-07-09
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: Quarter final: England vs Italy discussion

Post by S32TABLANCA on Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:04 pm

Hell is about to be unleashed. Last night I swear baricades started going up over here. We have half the population fervently supporting England and the other half diehard Italia fans, and when they meet sparks fly.

Dis gon be gud.

_________________



VIVA MALTA
avatar
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 3318
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Quarter final: England vs Italy discussion

Post by milanfan7 on Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:25 pm

Can't wait till England get ripped apart. The only two people who think that the British stand a chance are 'arry and his son. Their team is a joke having only 2 good players,in rooney and hart.

_________________
"In Naples they are called the Camorra, In Sicily they are called La Cosa Nostra, In football they are called Juventus"
avatar
milanfan7
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 975
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 77

Back to top Go down

Re: Quarter final: England vs Italy discussion

Post by leemhuis on Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:45 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:
@GoonerJay....this post is in response to yours too.



I'm not quite following your logic here. Are you saying that because we're a defensive side, Italy will play defensively? scratch





Exactly.
avatar
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 923
Join date : 2011-09-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Quarter final: England vs Italy discussion

Post by Blue Barrett on Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:42 pm

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Barrettinator wrote:
@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:While that maybe the case he's still a c*nt and refuse to support people i dont like.... because i'm from the same country as someone dont mean i should have to support them....

I have had no connection to the english national team since Shearer retired in 2000 it's full of arrogant, overrated, overpaid c*nts with over-inflated opinions of themselves who could'nt care less about anyone but themselves.

Cole for example laughed when we lost 4-1 to Germany.

F*ck him.
No, mate. Real reason is that you're not supporting the team because there aren't any Newcastle players in it, which is quite sad.

There was Newcastle players playing for England after Euro 2000 and i still didnt support them its quite obvious why i dont support them.....

Because i dont want to support players i dont like it dont get butthurt Laughing

I had no problem supporting us in the 90s because we actually had likeable players but now its full of c*nts and has been for years.

I seem to remember you said you did'nt care at the beginning of the tournament but now we are winning its all fine an dandy Laughing

Typical Chelsea fans Laughing
The fact is, you shouldn't support the team based on the type of players on the team. You should support the team because its your country.

Oh and I never said I "didn't care". I just said how I didn't have any high expectations and actually was expecting the team not to make itout of the group stage. To my delight, they've exceeded my expectations. Doesn't mean I didn't support them even when I didn't expect much from them.

Any progress right now is a bonus! banana

_________________

avatar
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sunderland
Posts : 10347
Join date : 2012-03-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Quarter final: England vs Italy discussion

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:57 pm

Barrettinator wrote: You should support the team because its your country.

Who say's so? not like its the actual country i'd be supporting its the country's football team..... i dont support the rugby team, the cricket team etc etc so why should this be any different?

Why should i support people i dont like just because they happen to be from the same country as me?

I feel nothing towards the national team and i dont support them through out the qualifiers ( and nor do most people) but when a competition comes around everyone preaches you must support them because it's your country.

F*ck that PC shit, i'd much rather follow a team that plays decent stuff and not riddled with c*nts than England tbh.

I dont really follow anyone for the record but if i did then this will be the case.

_________________
avatar
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 63642
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Quarter final: England vs Italy discussion

Post by Tomwin Lannister on Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:00 pm

Generally speaking in forums people know more about football outside their own teams league but quite a few England fans already planning their match vs Germany. :facepalm: I hate how underrated Italy and serie A is because people don't watch the players. Holland are still more highly reguarded by some despite their recent flop.

I reckon it will be a close match, England will continue to sit back and frustrate and Italy need to be more clinical and a bit better at keeping the ball at times.

_________________




Luke Harper wrote:We are the ones... the ones that you've been told about. And WE... are walking upright.

Studying about those good ol' days and who shall wear, the starry crown gooood lawd. Show me the waaaaay.

Unbeaten 2011/2012.


:bow: :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:
avatar
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 26804
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 77

Back to top Go down

Re: Quarter final: England vs Italy discussion

Post by Arquitescu on Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:03 pm

In case any of you noobs haven't found out.

Mole is a supporter of Espana due to his Spanish/Valencian roots. We all know England doesn't mean shit to him along with how his reasons are completely valid. Laughing

And Mole all of your points are great as usual. But...I have to vehemently disagree with you on that Prandelli is a horrid manager. I like to hear your views on this and counter those respective views.

_________________

avatar
Arquitescu
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Sociedad
Posts : 7871
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Quarter final: England vs Italy discussion

Post by Blue Barrett on Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:06 pm

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Barrettinator wrote: You should support the team because its your country.

Who say's so? not like its the actual country i'd be supporting its the country's football team..... i dont support the rugby team, the cricket team etc etc so why should this be any different?

Why should i support people i dont like just because they happen to be from the same country as me?

I feel nothing towards the national team and i dont support them through out the qualifiers ( and nor do most people) but when a competition comes around everyone preaches you must support them because it's your country.

F*ck that PC shit, i'd much rather follow a team that plays decent stuff and not riddled with c*nts than England tbh.

I dont really follow anyone for the record but if i did then this will be the case.
See that's the problem I always have with a lot of Englishmen. You get geordies saying they couldn't give a rat's arse, scousers saying they're "scouse, not English", etc.

Its one thing to say you "don't support the team", its another thing to knock the players at every opportunity.

Really, appart from JT, Cole and Rooney, who else would give you a reason not to support the team?

I don't watch rugby or cricket either, but whenever I do and I watch the English team I support them. You're a footy fan and you're following the Euros closely but you don't support your country. How does that work? scratch

I guess everyone is different.

_________________

avatar
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sunderland
Posts : 10347
Join date : 2012-03-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Quarter final: England vs Italy discussion

Post by 7amood11 on Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:07 pm

My biggest fears are 2 things: Carroll, and Walcott/Young/Ox.

- Carroll is obviously threatening because he's a giant. And he knows how to head the ball. Chiellini's out, so Carroll's threat only increases if you ask me. If a cross come and Carroll isn't heavily marked I can see it going in.

- Since Chiellini is out, it's likely that Italy will play with a 4 man back-line. Abate will be up against Young. I think Abate will defend the right flank well though. Young hasn't done that well throughout the competition so I don't see him posing too much of a threat against Abate. Balzaretti, on the other hand, will be up against Walcott/Ox/Milner. And if it's anybody but the latter who is chosen, I can see Balzaretti having a very bad night. Walcott and Oxlade-Chamberlain are incredibly fast, and we've all seen what the former is capable of vs Sweden. I just hope for Italy's sake that Hodgson picks Milner again.


Preferred line-up:


---------------------------------------Superman------------------------------------------

----Abate------------------Barzagli----------------Bonucci-----------------Balzaretti---

--------------De Rossi--------------------Pirlo-----------------Marchisio--------------------

----------------------------------------Giovinco----------------------------------------------

-----------------------------Balotelli----------------Cassano-------------------------




Realistic line-up:


---------------------------------------Superman------------------------------------------

----Abate------------------Barzagli----------------Bonucci-----------------Balzaretti----

--------------De Rossi--------------------Pirlo-----------------Marchisio--------------------

-------------------------- :facepalm: T.Motta/Montolivo :facepalm: -------------------------------------

-------------------------------Di Natale-------------Cassano-----------------------------
avatar
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 3112
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Quarter final: England vs Italy discussion

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:14 pm

I watch the Euro's as a football fan i have no preference towards anyone...

Apart from the reasons i have already mentioned i enjoy these tournaments a lot more as a neutral.

The only football team i have any connection to is my club.

BTW Arq i'll keep this short and sweet...... Motta as a trequartista lol..

_________________
avatar
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 63642
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Quarter final: England vs Italy discussion

Post by Tomwin Lannister on Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:18 pm

Prandelli has done some good things but his obsession with having a TQ in his line-up has been stupid. And instead of using a creative forward in that role he's making the likes of Montolivo and Motta attempt it. Also, Giac should have NEVER been used as a LWB for Italy.

_________________




Luke Harper wrote:We are the ones... the ones that you've been told about. And WE... are walking upright.

Studying about those good ol' days and who shall wear, the starry crown gooood lawd. Show me the waaaaay.

Unbeaten 2011/2012.


:bow: :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:
avatar
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 26804
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 77

Back to top Go down

Re: Quarter final: England vs Italy discussion

Post by Arquitescu on Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:23 pm

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I watch the Euro's as a football fan i have no preference towards anyone...

Apart from the reasons i have already mentioned i enjoy these tournaments a lot more as a neutral.

The only football team i have any connection to is my club.

BTW Arq i'll keep this short and sweet...... Motta as a trequartista lol..

FFS Your Spanish mole and don't hide your support for them Evil or Very Mad


Well I knew you would touch on Motta as TQ.

Let me explain. Prandelli usually if not all the time deploys Motta as TQ in small and in the 2-3 games he has deployed him in that position, there is a reason behind that.

Its a similar role to Park Ji Sung in his more occasional advanced role in United yet a bit more varied and subtle.

Take the 4-3-1-2, If you notice Motta as the TQ drops deeper and interchanges with Pirlo who likes playing with more freedom than his club role as the interchanging role provides a mixture of steel and versatility and especially works well when the diamond tends to compress.

Motta in attack keeps the passing tidy yet contributes in defense as well with his superb positioning while free to interchange with Pirlo when needed.

So in essence its not really a TQ role despite the 4-3-1-2 being designed for that.

Its a subtle effect but its understandable in the end and has its reasons for its effectiveness. I doubted it at first but I could see why Prandelli does it considering Prandelli has the knack for the unorthodox.

This doesn't mean I am in favor of this slight pragmatic choice as I would put Cassano, Giovinco, Diamanti or even Pirlo for the true TQ role.

But my point is the Motta in that role has its reasons that make sense.

Hopefully though, he will go back to the 3-5-2 vs England.


_________________

avatar
Arquitescu
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Sociedad
Posts : 7871
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Quarter final: England vs Italy discussion

Post by Blue Barrett on Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:38 pm

Half Spanish? FFS I'm half American and I don't lean towards that direction.

Mole traitor! Evil or Very Mad

Spoiler:
Lol jk Laughing

_________________

avatar
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sunderland
Posts : 10347
Join date : 2012-03-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Quarter final: England vs Italy discussion

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:51 pm

Barrettinator wrote:Half Spanish? FFS I'm half American and I don't lean towards that direction.

Mole traitor! Evil or Very Mad

Spoiler:
Lol jk Laughing

Yeah my dad is from a province of Valencia.....

Arq what you say sounds very Milan like.... with Motta taking the role of Boateng.....

But Motta is no Boateng he might provide a lot in the defensive side but going forward he pales in comparison to the likes of Giovinco or Cassano.

4-3-1-2 is fine but to me Motta or Montolivo is a definite no go i would play Cassano or Giovinco there if i'm honest, i too would hope he goes back to the 3-5-2 as its a more fluid and disciplined system in both attack and defense.

Tbf Prandelli is'nt horrid but he is overrated IMO and he makes far too many wrong decisions for me and obvious tactical errors that are plain as day to even to someone such as myself.

I do have to admit his 23 man squad was riddled with wrong decisions too which a better manager would'nt have made IMO.

_________________
avatar
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 63642
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Quarter final: England vs Italy discussion

Post by Abramovich on Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:03 pm

Barrettinator wrote:
@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Barrettinator wrote: You should support the team because its your country.

Who say's so? not like its the actual country i'd be supporting its the country's football team..... i dont support the rugby team, the cricket team etc etc so why should this be any different?

Why should i support people i dont like just because they happen to be from the same country as me?

I feel nothing towards the national team and i dont support them through out the qualifiers ( and nor do most people) but when a competition comes around everyone preaches you must support them because it's your country.

F*ck that PC shit, i'd much rather follow a team that plays decent stuff and not riddled with c*nts than England tbh.

I dont really follow anyone for the record but if i did then this will be the case.
See that's the problem I always have with a lot of Englishmen. You get geordies saying they couldn't give a rat's arse, scousers saying they're "scouse, not English", etc.

Its one thing to say you "don't support the team", its another thing to knock the players at every opportunity.

Really, appart from JT, Cole and Rooney, who else would give you a reason not to support the team?

I don't watch rugby or cricket either, but whenever I do and I watch the English team I support them. You're a footy fan and you're following the Euros closely but you don't support your country. How does that work? scratch

I guess everyone is different.

He just wants to be a "hipster" and have some kind of uniqueness complex thingy ma bob, shame really.......... eco smile

Country all day every day especially if you was raised there, although I do know someone who supports Argentina for no reason what so ever. English half black no ties to them either, you get them everywhere
avatar
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 6529
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Quarter final: England vs Italy discussion

Post by Onyx on Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:29 pm

And De Rossi thinks that Roy Hodgson's men will pose Italy a great threat, hailing the quality of the England captain.

"Gerrard has always been my idol, he has been playing at a high level for years," De Rossi told reporters at a press conference.

"England are very strong, they have an Italian approach, with a good defence. We would rather face Ukraine, but it is okay."


http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3284/euro-2012/2012/06/20/3188809/de-rossi-praises-gerrard-he-is-my-idol

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Private
Posts : 39919
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Quarter final: England vs Italy discussion

Post by Tifoso Romanista on Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:01 pm


_________________
avatar
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 1055
Join date : 2012-03-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Quarter final: England vs Italy discussion

Post by Tifoso Romanista on Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:03 pm

mtfootball wrote:And De Rossi thinks that Roy Hodgson's men will pose Italy a great threat, hailing the quality of the England captain.

"Gerrard has always been my idol, he has been playing at a high level for years," De Rossi told reporters at a press conference.

"England are very strong, they have an Italian approach, with a good defence. We would rather face Ukraine, but it is okay."


http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3284/euro-2012/2012/06/20/3188809/de-rossi-praises-gerrard-he-is-my-idol

De Rossi , as always Humble and classy Thumbs up

_________________
avatar
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 1055
Join date : 2012-03-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Quarter final: England vs Italy discussion

Post by Juveman17 on Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:44 pm

DDR <3 :bow:

_________________
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176
avatar
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham
Posts : 7017
Join date : 2012-02-16
Age : 22

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

England vs Italy- Tactics and Formations

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:32 am

The thread in Euro2012 sections is more of a troll thread and just for lulz. Here let's discuss how each team should approach the game in order to have most chance of success.

For Italy:
Should they go back to 5 men defense?
Who should start, Balo or Di Natale?
Did Abate do enough to keep his place?

For England:
Who should partner Rooney upfront ?
Should Walcott start ahead of Milner?
How can England nullify Pirlo?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Quarter final: England vs Italy discussion

Post by jibers on Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:35 am

Schweini wrote:The thread in Euro2012 sections is more of a troll thread and just for lulz. Here let's discuss how each team should approach the game in order to have most chance of success.

For Italy:
Should they go back to 5 men defense?
Who should start, Balo or Di Natale?
Did Abate do enough to keep his place?

For England:
Who should partner Rooney upfront ?
Should Walcott start ahead of Milner?
How can England nullify Pirlo?


_________________
avatar
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 10082
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Quarter final: England vs Italy discussion

Post by BigBadBen on Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:36 am

Schweini wrote:
For Italy:
Should they go back to 5 men defense? No
Who should start, Balo or Di Natale?
Did Abate do enough to keep his place? Never heard off him

For England:
Who should partner Rooney upfront ? Welbeck
Should Walcott start ahead of Milner? Yes
How can England nullify Pirlo? They can't

BigBadBen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 181
Join date : 2012-06-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Quarter final: England vs Italy discussion

Post by Luca on Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:57 am

For Italy
Back to 3-5-2, yes.
Balotelli without a doubt.
Abate will probably keep his place.

For England
Welbeck
Yes
Keep a body on him constantly, however this is difficult because Italy usually plays with 3-4 midfielders which opens space up for Pirlo
avatar
Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 13150
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: Quarter final: England vs Italy discussion

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum