kiranr
7amood11
rwo power
Die Borussen
the xcx
61 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Semi final:   Portugal vs Spain discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Semi final: Portugal vs Spain discussion

Post by kiranr Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:26 pm

Why would anyone even neg this post? It makes some solid points.

kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Semi final:   Portugal vs Spain discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Semi final: Portugal vs Spain discussion

Post by kiranr Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:31 pm

Le Samourai wrote:
kiranr wrote:
Spain's strength is their defense by keeping possession and not necessarily the back four. So you can't make a player for player comparison like that.

This time it is .

Our strengths play to their strengths, our possession is to their relief because now their midfielders don't have to create anything, their gameplan is now clearcut and precise.

So the key now becomes how we defend their specific players , not necessarily 1 person but the entire team.

They have great outlets , wings require individual defense , I think a more apt comparison is Busquets and Arbeloa vs Corentrao and Ronaldo because Busquets is expected to be the first line.

Yes, but with Spain monopolizing possession and any turnover happening in Portugal's half, they will have to put long balls to the wings to CR or Nani. This is not going to be much of a threat truth be told.

I feel you guys are making too much of Nani and CR. If their supply is cut, then they have to fall back and they are not very effective deep in the field.

IMO, Portugal's best bet will be an error by Spain's mid which they may capitalize on through CR and Nani as they will get the ball further up the pitch.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:35 pm

Why should Del bosque change a tactics that has been working so well for him over 3 years now?

Besides that Ronaldo doesnt stay on wings ,he drops into center receives ball alot from there with this Portugal team.Most of the threat made by him was when he played in the hole and made run/receive pass there. I think playing Busquets can prevent Ronaldo moving to the hole easily.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:44 pm

Yeh I don't think Alonso can play on his own at DM. He'll need Busquets next to him.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:45 pm

I dont get why people are talking about removing Busquets, in this game especially.

First of all, get the idea out your head the Xabi and Xavi make an effective pair in the midfield. They dont.

It doesnt matter Moutinho and Marieles arent special players and Portugal have no number 10.

If those two play together, they will press high and the long ball to Cristiano will be on all day. He will be 1 v 1 with Arbeloa and have so much space around him.

Busquets is crucial to stopping Cristiano coming into the center with the ball. Without Busquets, Arbeloa would have to follow him all the way in and leave his flank totally exposed to either Coentrao and/or even Postiga making a run.

It makes no sense, in this game of all the games to change now.

In a 4222, Cesc wont draw out a defender either, Veloso will pick him up.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:50 pm

I think we all need to drop this "Busky/Alonso needs to be dropped" as it isn't gonna happen. Period.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:12 pm

Doc wrote:I think we all need to drop this "Busky/Alonso needs to be dropped" as it isn't gonna happen. Period.
Probably true. However, it's an idea on a discussion forum. It's meant to instigate discussion. Busquets hasn't played particularly well/ hasn't had much to do in the past few matches due to VDB's system. Therefore, it's perfectly valid suggestion that he be dropped. Doesn't mean it's going to happen, but we can talk about.

Btw, I didn't even think it was possible to neg rep someone anymore. LOL
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:13 pm

donttreadonred wrote:
Doc wrote:I think we all need to drop this "Busky/Alonso needs to be dropped" as it isn't gonna happen. Period.
Probably true. However, it's an idea on a discussion forum. It's meant to instigate discussion. Busquets hasn't played particularly well/ hasn't had much to do in the past few matches due to VDB's system. Therefore, it's perfectly valid suggestion that he be dropped. Doesn't mean it's going to happen, but we can talk about.

Btw, I didn't even think it was possible to neg rep someone anymore. LOL

Javi Martinez would take his place if he was dropped?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:59 pm

The Franchise wrote:Cristiano is going to get away with doing zero defending tonight.

In previous games, he has the fullback goal and it even cost his team chances/a goal. But here, letting Arbeloa go is fine, he cant do anything in attack. Of all 10 outfielders, he is the least the rest of the team want on the ball.

In fact, Arbeloa himself knows this and probably wont even go forward.

Football is also about match-ups aswell as quality, and here, while Spain has much more quality, Portugal match up very well. Even down to which side their wingers play.

True dani. Contrary to what's being said Portugal are far from a one man team. The entire defense is really good. Veloso has done a neat cleaning up job while Moutinho for me has been the most underrated player of this tournament as I said before. Nani's been good too.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:05 pm

I remember what happened last WC when Llorente came in...

Please, please VDB, put Llorente in. He's your best striker.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:06 pm

Negrito's starting.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:09 pm

As I said before ultimately this is a red letter day for Cristiano Ronaldo.

If he stars and takes his country through at the expense of the world champions then all his critics including myself will have to eat humble pie. He will be rated ahead of Messi in international performances and will come very close to certainly winning the Ballon D'or this year.

If he flops and the favorites go through then all the talk that has become dormant for the last few days will start once again. The big match flop allegations will resurface to some extent. It may be argued that the two matches he starred in weren't against worthy teams. Internationally he will hardly be ahead of Messi in that case. The Ballon D'or will still not become impossible but it will still be difficult.

If something in-between happens like he plays really well but still gets knocked out then the conclusions drawn would also be somewhere in-between.

Whichever way we see it and whatever sympathies we have, a really big match is about to start that could decide a lot of things in football for this year and beyond.

Last edited by messixaviesta on Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:10 pm

What the hell? Starting a poor striker, in Negredo. I want Portugal to win, thanks.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:12 pm

post the damn line ups What a Face

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:16 pm

same lineup as always but with negredo as CF
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:16 pm

Portugal XI v Spain: Rui Patricio: Pereira, Pepe, Bruno Alves, CoentrĂŁo; Veloso, Meireles, Moutinho, Nani, Cristiano Ronaldo, Almeida.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:18 pm

lack of Postiga might hurt Portugal. Almeida is a static forward. Postiga isn't that good either but his movement brings the best out of ronaldo.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by stunt Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:19 pm

I have a feeling there will be complaints about the referee after this game. Just like 2010.

stunt
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:25 pm

Is this a *bleep* joke?

Come on how you gonna start Negredo in the semi-final ffs...

Last edited by Le Samourai on Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:28 pm

Laughing
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:28 pm

:facepalm:
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:31 pm

Semi final:   Portugal vs Spain discussion - Page 6 25413491509292074271
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:34 pm

It's funny how you're all laughing but like I said before his club form has never been the same as his NT form where he has always performed considerably well.

Anyways, Almeida is good. Physical striker to occupy the two centrebacks. We have already seen how Ramos struggles against physical target men (Falcao and Gomez are your examples)
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Yeezus Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:35 pm

Semi final:   Portugal vs Spain discussion - Page 6 AwaTct-CAAAS84P

Yeezus
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:42 pm

RealGunner wrote:lack of Postiga might hurt Portugal. Almeida is a static forward. Postiga isn't that good either but his movement brings the best out of ronaldo.

This. Welcome back, my old friend, who is old. Wink
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:44 pm

postiga sux lol

i would prefer they used no pure striker at all

do it VDB's way

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next