Semi final: Germany vs Italy discussion

Page 4 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

Re: Semi final: Germany vs Italy discussion

Post by Zealous on Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:52 am

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:The other thing that should be mentioned, is Cassano drops deep when Italy are defending which will give them an ever greater number advantage.

You are all talking about Italy from a defensive stand point in midfield but how about going forward? With Cassano picking up Schweignsteiger and De Rossi and Marchisio picking up Khedira and Ozil.

The thing you are talking about mus'nt happen from a Germany standpoint happens again..... Pirlo is free with a cigar in his mouth.

That isn't being talked about because Khedira, Schweinsteiger and Ozil will just out run them. Italy don't want to get into a stamina match with Germany they will just flat out lose that. When you are the physically weaker side you don't man mark.

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:As mentioned before if Germany try to pass through Italy they will come unstuck in my eyes as also mentioned before Germany need to use the wingers and fullbacks as much as possible to drag out covering midfielders to expose Pirlo.

And they will do exactly that. Germany have shown they are very dynamic in attack, they can score a goal from almost any angle, left right or center of the pitch. The question will be can Italy keep up with that if they play a diamond. They did against England because England only attacked through one flank and they still couldn't restrict them to no clear chances.

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:What Italy need to do is the exact scenario i mentioned above... if Cassano drops deep and picks up Schweignsteiger ( like i think he will as he usually does) then Germany have a massive problem because the end result will be Pirlo will have massive loads of space.

All well and good in theory but are they actually physically up for it mole? This is still a sport after all.

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Although this tactical view is only really relevant for the first 70 mins because Cassano and Ozil wont last much longer than that..... then the Coaches become important.

Ozil will maintain a high level for 90 minutes and he's done it before a bunch of times. For anyone who has watched him closly this stopped being an issue for a while now.

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:That's if the scoreline is close at this point anyway, if Balotelli has his shooting boots on it would probably be over by half time :lucas :

Actually how efficient Italy's front line is will be important, I don't think they can win if they score zero goals in thirty five attempts like last night lol

EDIT: I would like to add that Germany have looked weak on set pieces, something Italy have been quite decent at so this could be a factor.

Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 16098
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Semi final: Germany vs Italy discussion

Post by kiranr on Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:55 am


I think the stamina would be an issue with Pirlo and Cassano only. Balo of course does not do much. But everyone else will be pretty much up for it and they are not physically weaker than the Germans.
avatar
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3496
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Semi final: Germany vs Italy discussion

Post by Arquitescu on Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:22 am

Lets get one thing straight, for all who mention Pirlo disappearing in Bernebeau during the first leg of the GS, Allegri was playing what is literally Milan's worst possible formation/line-up. It consisted of a 4-3-3 with Pirlo-Gattuso-Seedorf which was proven the worst possible midfield combination and formation.

If closely followed during that time, this midfield couldn't even dictate against Bologna.

And Pirlo was marked out better by Alonso and not Ozil.

2nd leg was different where Pirlo was dictating the and wasn't really troubled by Ozil's intelligent marking off the ball.

And why is everyone talking about Germany's midfield vs Pirlo as if Pirlo is the only man in midfield?

Has anyone heard of Claudio Marchisio? A technically skilled beast who was vital to Juve's season? Danielle freaking De Rossi? A world class midfielder who is just as good as Schweinstieger?

Anyone see the Germany-Italia friendly where Germany wasn't exactly dominating? (Almost the opposite).


Point being in the end fatigue will be the main point in which is the downfall for Italia. The camp has already complained of fatigue through the tournament and given Italia had to run and gun till the end of extra time against England, Germany will have a substantial advantage there.


Also for this game, Cesare NEEDS to change the formation as the 4-3-1-2 will not be dynamic enough to face Germany.

A 3-5-2 (or 3-4-1-2 MUST be deployed as notable changes would be DDR back to Sweeper role and Motta taking over in midfield while Cassano and Di Natale start.


_________________

avatar
Arquitescu
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Sociedad
Posts : 7899
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Semi final: Germany vs Italy discussion

Post by Babun on Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:28 am

Arquitecto wrote:Lets get one thing straight, for all who mention Pirlo disappearing in Bernebeau during the first leg of the GS, Allegri was playing what is literally Milan's worst possible formation/line-up. It consisted of a 4-3-3 with Pirlo-Gattuso-Seedorf which was proven the worst possible midfield combination and formation.

If closely followed during that time, this midfield couldn't even dictate against Bologna.

And Pirlo was marked out better by Alonso and not Ozil.

2nd leg was different where Pirlo was dictating the and wasn't really troubled by Ozil's intelligent marking off the ball.

And why is everyone talking about Germany's midfield vs Pirlo as if Pirlo is the only man in midfield?

Has anyone heard of Claudio Marchisio? A technically skilled beast who was vital to Juve's season? Danielle freaking De Rossi? A world class midfielder who is just as good as Schweinstieger?

Anyone see the Germany-Italia friendly where Germany wasn't exactly dominating? (Almost the opposite).


Point being in the end fatigue will be the main point in which is the downfall for Italia. The camp has already complained of fatigue through the tournament and given Italia had to run and gun till the end of extra time against England, Germany will have a substantial advantage there.


Also for this game, Cesare NEEDS to change the formation as the 4-3-1-2 will not be dynamic enough to face Germany.

A 3-5-2 (or 3-4-1-2 MUST be deployed as notable changes would be DDR back to Sweeper role and Motta taking over in midfield while Cassano and Di Natale start.

I already answered it in page two but again. Where did Italy dominate Germany in that friendly? Stats say otherwise. We had more possession+ more goal scoring chances. The one with the most key passes on the pitch was Özil.

http://blogs.bettor.com/International-Friendly-Germany-vs-Italy-A-Tactical-analysis-a55453

_________________
avatar
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6196
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Semi final: Germany vs Italy discussion

Post by Gil on Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:30 am

Balotelli is going to destroy Hummels and Badstuber.

But Germany will score 2/3 at the other end.
avatar
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 9447
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Re: Semi final: Germany vs Italy discussion

Post by Babun on Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:33 am

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:The other thing that should be mentioned, is Cassano drops deep when Italy are defending which will give them an ever greater number advantage.

You are all talking about Italy from a defensive stand point in midfield but how about going forward? With Cassano picking up Schweignsteiger and De Rossi and Marchisio picking up Khedira and Ozil.

The thing you are talking about mus'nt happen from a Germany standpoint happens again..... Pirlo is free with a cigar in his mouth.

As mentioned before if Germany try to pass through Italy they will come unstuck in my eyes as also mentioned before Germany need to use the wingers and fullbacks as much as possible to drag out covering midfielders to expose Pirlo.

What Italy need to do is the exact scenario i mentioned above... if Cassano drops deep and picks up Schweignsteiger ( like i think he will as he usually does) then Germany have a massive problem because the end result will be Pirlo will have massive loads of space.

Although this tactical view is only really relevant for the first 70 mins because Cassano and Ozil wont last much longer than that..... then the Coaches become important.

That's if the scoreline is close at this point anyway, if Balotelli has his shooting boots on it would probably be over by half time :lucas :
Italy could throw all the numbers in midfield they still won't dominate possession. The reason is Germany uses free space wherever it's present. If Italy decide to pack the middle expect lots of Lahm overlapping and overloading of flanks. Italy will be forced to commit players for defending the flanks which will open up the middle. Their 3 men defence would have to stay deeper because Klose/ Gomez and Müller will make runs in behind 100%- The gap between Pirlo, their defence and attackers will get very big. Cassano dropping back isn't a problem because Hummels and Badstuber are excellent game openers.
They won't be able to dominate anything. It's like saying Manu would dominate Farca with 4-5-1 formation vs. 4-3-3 just because they have higher numbers in midfield eco smile
It's still 10 vs. 10. Germany's 10 uses the space a lot better than narrow Italian one. Marchisio, De Rossi etc. will be very busy with Özil and Khedira. They make fast runs to take markers away. Have fun tracking them with Marchisio and De Rossi alone Laughing

Also, Marchisio is overrated.

_________________
avatar
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6196
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Semi final: Germany vs Italy discussion

Post by leemhuis on Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:40 am

Italy was playing away from home in Germany. The link you provided had no "stats" in it.
avatar
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 923
Join date : 2011-09-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Semi final: Germany vs Italy discussion

Post by leemhuis on Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:43 am

Immortal Babun wrote:
@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:The other thing that should be mentioned, is Cassano drops deep when Italy are defending which will give them an ever greater number advantage.

You are all talking about Italy from a defensive stand point in midfield but how about going forward? With Cassano picking up Schweignsteiger and De Rossi and Marchisio picking up Khedira and Ozil.

The thing you are talking about mus'nt happen from a Germany standpoint happens again..... Pirlo is free with a cigar in his mouth.

As mentioned before if Germany try to pass through Italy they will come unstuck in my eyes as also mentioned before Germany need to use the wingers and fullbacks as much as possible to drag out covering midfielders to expose Pirlo.

What Italy need to do is the exact scenario i mentioned above... if Cassano drops deep and picks up Schweignsteiger ( like i think he will as he usually does) then Germany have a massive problem because the end result will be Pirlo will have massive loads of space.

Although this tactical view is only really relevant for the first 70 mins because Cassano and Ozil wont last much longer than that..... then the Coaches become important.

That's if the scoreline is close at this point anyway, if Balotelli has his shooting boots on it would probably be over by half time :lucas :
Italy could throw all the numbers in midfield they still won't dominate possession. The reason is Germany uses free space wherever it's present. If Italy decide to pack the middle expect lots of Lahm overlapping and overloading of flanks. Italy will be forced to commit players for defending the flanks which will open up the middle. Their 3 men defence would have to stay deeper because Klose/ Gomez and Müller will make runs in behind 100%- The gap between Pirlo, their defence and attackers will get very big. Cassano dropping back isn't a problem because Hummels and Badstuber are excellent game openers.
They won't be able to dominate anything. It's like saying Manu would dominate Farca with 4-5-1 formation vs. 4-3-3 just because they have higher numbers in midfield eco smile
It's still 10 vs. 10. Germany's 10 uses the space a lot better than narrow Italian one. Marchisio, De Rossi etc. will be very busy with Özil and Khedira. They make fast runs to take markers away. Have fun tracking them with Marchisio and De Rossi alone Laughing

Also, Marchisio is overrated.

Of course, Italy does not have a chance against the great invincible Germans. All Italians are overrated, the Germans are underrated. And, all your LOLing at the Italians makes it even more clear to us that you have the knowledge and the expertise to explain how it will be impossible for Germany to lose.
avatar
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 923
Join date : 2011-09-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Semi final: Germany vs Italy discussion

Post by kiranr on Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:45 am


Babun, if there is one thing Italy is good at, it is closing down space.

avatar
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3496
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Semi final: Germany vs Italy discussion

Post by rwo power on Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:47 am

Don't mention the friendly of February 2011. Germany was playing with Mertesacker and Aogo in defense - nothing good could come out of that Very Happy

Here are the full line-ups: http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/nationalelf/startseite/fussball-nationalteams-freundschaftsspiele/2011/1/1002269/spielanalyse_deutschland_italien-924.html

_________________
avatar
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Philadelphia Union
Posts : 20978
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Semi final: Germany vs Italy discussion

Post by Babun on Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:47 am

@leemhuis wrote:
Immortal Babun wrote:
@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:The other thing that should be mentioned, is Cassano drops deep when Italy are defending which will give them an ever greater number advantage.

You are all talking about Italy from a defensive stand point in midfield but how about going forward? With Cassano picking up Schweignsteiger and De Rossi and Marchisio picking up Khedira and Ozil.

The thing you are talking about mus'nt happen from a Germany standpoint happens again..... Pirlo is free with a cigar in his mouth.

As mentioned before if Germany try to pass through Italy they will come unstuck in my eyes as also mentioned before Germany need to use the wingers and fullbacks as much as possible to drag out covering midfielders to expose Pirlo.

What Italy need to do is the exact scenario i mentioned above... if Cassano drops deep and picks up Schweignsteiger ( like i think he will as he usually does) then Germany have a massive problem because the end result will be Pirlo will have massive loads of space.

Although this tactical view is only really relevant for the first 70 mins because Cassano and Ozil wont last much longer than that..... then the Coaches become important.

That's if the scoreline is close at this point anyway, if Balotelli has his shooting boots on it would probably be over by half time :lucas :
Italy could throw all the numbers in midfield they still won't dominate possession. The reason is Germany uses free space wherever it's present. If Italy decide to pack the middle expect lots of Lahm overlapping and overloading of flanks. Italy will be forced to commit players for defending the flanks which will open up the middle. Their 3 men defence would have to stay deeper because Klose/ Gomez and Müller will make runs in behind 100%- The gap between Pirlo, their defence and attackers will get very big. Cassano dropping back isn't a problem because Hummels and Badstuber are excellent game openers.
They won't be able to dominate anything. It's like saying Manu would dominate Farca with 4-5-1 formation vs. 4-3-3 just because they have higher numbers in midfield eco smile
It's still 10 vs. 10. Germany's 10 uses the space a lot better than narrow Italian one. Marchisio, De Rossi etc. will be very busy with Özil and Khedira. They make fast runs to take markers away. Have fun tracking them with Marchisio and De Rossi alone Laughing

Also, Marchisio is overrated.

Of course, Italy does not have a chance against the great invincible Germans. All Italians are overrated, the Germans are underrated. And, all your LOLing at the Italians makes it even more clear to us that you have the knowledge and the expertise to explain how it will be impossible for Germany to lose.
So much BS at once. Provide some insights. Empty banters don't interest me the least :coffee:

_________________
avatar
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6196
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Semi final: Germany vs Italy discussion

Post by Arquitescu on Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:49 am

Immortal Babun wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:Lets get one thing straight, for all who mention Pirlo disappearing in Bernebeau during the first leg of the GS, Allegri was playing what is literally Milan's worst possible formation/line-up. It consisted of a 4-3-3 with Pirlo-Gattuso-Seedorf which was proven the worst possible midfield combination and formation.

If closely followed during that time, this midfield couldn't even dictate against Bologna.

And Pirlo was marked out better by Alonso and not Ozil.

2nd leg was different where Pirlo was dictating the and wasn't really troubled by Ozil's intelligent marking off the ball.

And why is everyone talking about Germany's midfield vs Pirlo as if Pirlo is the only man in midfield?

Has anyone heard of Claudio Marchisio? A technically skilled beast who was vital to Juve's season? Danielle freaking De Rossi? A world class midfielder who is just as good as Schweinstieger?

Anyone see the Germany-Italia friendly where Germany wasn't exactly dominating? (Almost the opposite).


Point being in the end fatigue will be the main point in which is the downfall for Italia. The camp has already complained of fatigue through the tournament and given Italia had to run and gun till the end of extra time against England, Germany will have a substantial advantage there.


Also for this game, Cesare NEEDS to change the formation as the 4-3-1-2 will not be dynamic enough to face Germany.

A 3-5-2 (or 3-4-1-2 MUST be deployed as notable changes would be DDR back to Sweeper role and Motta taking over in midfield while Cassano and Di Natale start.

I already answered it in page two but again. Where did Italy dominate Germany in that friendly? Stats say otherwise. We had more possession+ more goal scoring chances. The one with the most key passes on the pitch was Özil.

http://blogs.bettor.com/International-Friendly-Germany-vs-Italy-A-Tactical-analysis-a55453

Babun you have provided me a word for word analysis which would be just as futile if I provided another word for word analysis favoring Italia.

Germany may have had more possession yet Italia simply looked better with the ball in my opinion. You could say Germany had the first half, but Italia was better in the 2nd.

Also there were 2 calls which Badstuber and Aogo fouled Italian players which wasn't given for some odd reason despite the blatancy of the tackles.

You may have your opinion yet Germany certainly did not dominate.

Great game though.

_________________

avatar
Arquitescu
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Sociedad
Posts : 7899
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Semi final: Germany vs Italy discussion

Post by Babun on Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:49 am

@kiranr wrote:
Babun, if there is one thing Italy is good at, it is closing down space.

Yeah, they're expert at it. The problem is they need the numbers to defend and stay close to their box. How do you expect them to dominate the game if they're busy defending? They could only counter and that's their best bet imo.

If you say they'll set a very good counter formation and may win I agree but saying they'll dominate the proceedings= no chance.
Arquitecto wrote:
Immortal Babun wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:Lets get one thing straight, for all who mention Pirlo disappearing in Bernebeau during the first leg of the GS, Allegri was playing what is literally Milan's worst possible formation/line-up. It consisted of a 4-3-3 with Pirlo-Gattuso-Seedorf which was proven the worst possible midfield combination and formation.

If closely followed during that time, this midfield couldn't even dictate against Bologna.

And Pirlo was marked out better by Alonso and not Ozil.

2nd leg was different where Pirlo was dictating the and wasn't really troubled by Ozil's intelligent marking off the ball.

And why is everyone talking about Germany's midfield vs Pirlo as if Pirlo is the only man in midfield?

Has anyone heard of Claudio Marchisio? A technically skilled beast who was vital to Juve's season? Danielle freaking De Rossi? A world class midfielder who is just as good as Schweinstieger?

Anyone see the Germany-Italia friendly where Germany wasn't exactly dominating? (Almost the opposite).


Point being in the end fatigue will be the main point in which is the downfall for Italia. The camp has already complained of fatigue through the tournament and given Italia had to run and gun till the end of extra time against England, Germany will have a substantial advantage there.


Also for this game, Cesare NEEDS to change the formation as the 4-3-1-2 will not be dynamic enough to face Germany.

A 3-5-2 (or 3-4-1-2 MUST be deployed as notable changes would be DDR back to Sweeper role and Motta taking over in midfield while Cassano and Di Natale start.

I already answered it in page two but again. Where did Italy dominate Germany in that friendly? Stats say otherwise. We had more possession+ more goal scoring chances. The one with the most key passes on the pitch was Özil.

http://blogs.bettor.com/International-Friendly-Germany-vs-Italy-A-Tactical-analysis-a55453

Babun you have provided me a word for word analysis which would be just as futile if I provided another word for word analysis favoring Italia.

Germany may have had more possession yet Italia simply looked better with the ball in my opinion. You could say Germany had the first half, but Italia was better in the 2nd.

Also there were 2 calls which Badstuber and Aogo fouled Italian players which wasn't given for some odd reason despite the blatancy of the tackles.

You may have your opinion yet Germany certainly did not dominate.

Great game though.
We took the foot off the pedal in second half ( Özil, Schweini and Khedira had a CL next). Also, Aogo and Mertesacker Laughing

_________________
avatar
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6196
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Semi final: Germany vs Italy discussion

Post by Arquitescu on Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:52 am

@rwo power wrote:Don't mention the friendly of February 2011. Germany was playing with Mertesacker and Aogo in defense - nothing good could come out of that Very Happy

Here are the full line-ups: http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/nationalelf/startseite/fussball-nationalteams-freundschaftsspiele/2011/1/1002269/spielanalyse_deutschland_italien-924.html

Both teams were playing near foreign line-ups as compared to now (although Germany's is closer) so a judgement of how the similarities will be to thursday will almost be unnecessary.


_________________

avatar
Arquitescu
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Sociedad
Posts : 7899
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Semi final: Germany vs Italy discussion

Post by Adit on Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:52 am

I agree, Italian midfield will not dominate possession over German midfield. Germany midfield is a class above Italian midfield which will be proved come 28th.Italia Out numbering in midfield is definitely a serious issue but you have to take into account that Germany's fullbacks will be unmarked as well which will help them dominate possession .

It is not a surprise that Italia has only scored one goal from open play in the whole tournament now. Their narrowness and trying over the top balls over and over again again again has made them predictable.I think Italia is strong defensively due to the numbers they put at the back but lacks offensive cutting edge due to the same reason ie not enough men in final third.

Ozil will be key this game. Pirlo is not defensively good enough to stop Ozil and if they let Pirlo alone deep i can see Ozil having a great game.

I think Germany should play Lahm at RB for this game. Him bombing throw right wing ,Rues dribbling and Ozil drifting to right wing will be too much for Italias left back who imo is average at best.

Italy cant play a deep line this time because Germany will have enough time on the ball and they have Gomez who can be used as a target.

_________________
#WEAREALLTAXFRAUDS
avatar
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach
Posts : 9248
Join date : 2011-06-06

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Semi final: Germany vs Italy discussion

Post by aleumdance on Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:53 am

I don't care who wins

Just win spain

_________________
@danyjr wrote:cyberman :bow:

Wilshere is a typical chav, lack of intelligence overshadowed by hustling behaviour...until he's found out.

cyberman pls accept my friend invitation. I want to suck you off Proud
avatar
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 2943
Join date : 2011-12-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Semi final: Germany vs Italy discussion

Post by kiranr on Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:55 am

Immortal Babun wrote:
@kiranr wrote:
Babun, if there is one thing Italy is good at, it is closing down space.

Yeah, they're expert at it. The problem is they need the numbers to defend and stay close to their box. How do you expect them to dominate the game if they're busy defending? They could only counter and that's their best bet imo.

If you say they'll set a very good counter formation and may win I agree but saying they'll dominate the proceedings= no chance.

But who said they will dominate? I think all of us expect that if Pirlo is not marked and gets the ball, then Germany is in trouble through counters and set-pieces. Germany will attack Italy from all sides and with lots of crosses as well.

It will be a fascinating match. If Italy get their tactics rights and the way Germany usually sets up, then there will be lots of action on the pitch with each team getting opportunities for the goal ( I expect Germany to get more chances).
avatar
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3496
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Semi final: Germany vs Italy discussion

Post by Arquitescu on Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:56 am

Immortal Babun wrote:
@kiranr wrote:
Babun, if there is one thing Italy is good at, it is closing down space.

Yeah, they're expert at it. The problem is they need the numbers to defend and stay close to their box. How do you expect them to dominate the game if they're busy defending? They could only counter and that's their best bet imo.

If you say they'll set a very good counter formation and may win I agree but saying they'll dominate the proceedings= no chance.
Arquitecto wrote:
Immortal Babun wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:Lets get one thing straight, for all who mention Pirlo disappearing in Bernebeau during the first leg of the GS, Allegri was playing what is literally Milan's worst possible formation/line-up. It consisted of a 4-3-3 with Pirlo-Gattuso-Seedorf which was proven the worst possible midfield combination and formation.

If closely followed during that time, this midfield couldn't even dictate against Bologna.

And Pirlo was marked out better by Alonso and not Ozil.

2nd leg was different where Pirlo was dictating the and wasn't really troubled by Ozil's intelligent marking off the ball.

And why is everyone talking about Germany's midfield vs Pirlo as if Pirlo is the only man in midfield?

Has anyone heard of Claudio Marchisio? A technically skilled beast who was vital to Juve's season? Danielle freaking De Rossi? A world class midfielder who is just as good as Schweinstieger?

Anyone see the Germany-Italia friendly where Germany wasn't exactly dominating? (Almost the opposite).


Point being in the end fatigue will be the main point in which is the downfall for Italia. The camp has already complained of fatigue through the tournament and given Italia had to run and gun till the end of extra time against England, Germany will have a substantial advantage there.


Also for this game, Cesare NEEDS to change the formation as the 4-3-1-2 will not be dynamic enough to face Germany.

A 3-5-2 (or 3-4-1-2 MUST be deployed as notable changes would be DDR back to Sweeper role and Motta taking over in midfield while Cassano and Di Natale start.

I already answered it in page two but again. Where did Italy dominate Germany in that friendly? Stats say otherwise. We had more possession+ more goal scoring chances. The one with the most key passes on the pitch was Özil.

http://blogs.bettor.com/International-Friendly-Germany-vs-Italy-A-Tactical-analysis-a55453

Babun you have provided me a word for word analysis which would be just as futile if I provided another word for word analysis favoring Italia.

Germany may have had more possession yet Italia simply looked better with the ball in my opinion. You could say Germany had the first half, but Italia was better in the 2nd.

Also there were 2 calls which Badstuber and Aogo fouled Italian players which wasn't given for some odd reason despite the blatancy of the tackles.

You may have your opinion yet Germany certainly did not dominate.

Great game though.
We took the foot off the pedal in second half ( Özil, Schweini and Khedira had a CL next). Also, Aogo and Mertesacker Laughing

Taking a pedal off the half is a feeble excuse Very Happy. Italia played with as much effort in the first half as a bloated mats magnusson.

Oh yes... and Italia had Rannochia and Bonnuci with Cassani and Cheillini as LB :coffee: Very Happy

_________________

avatar
Arquitescu
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Sociedad
Posts : 7899
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Semi final: Germany vs Italy discussion

Post by rwo power on Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:57 am

Arquitecto wrote:Both teams were playing near foreign line-ups as compared to now (although Germany's is closer) so a judgement of how the similarities will be to thursday will almost be unnecessary.
That was my point, actually. 1st, never take any friendlies of Germany too serious (AFAIK Italy are rarely putting everything into friendlies either), and of course, 2nd. Löw was experimenting then. I mean, he started out with Lahm - Badstuber - Mertesacker - Aogo in defense and then subbed Lahm and Stubsi out to make it Boateng - Hummels - Mertesacker - Aogo... That such shuffling of a defensive line is prone to leak goals should be obvious.


Last edited by rwo power on Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:08 am; edited 1 time in total

_________________
avatar
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Philadelphia Union
Posts : 20978
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Semi final: Germany vs Italy discussion

Post by rwo power on Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:58 am

@kiranr wrote:It will be a fascinating match. If Italy get their tactics rights and the way Germany usually sets up, then there will be lots of action on the pitch with each team getting opportunities for the goal ( I expect Germany to get more chances).
I'm totally looking forward to seeing both Manu Neuer and Gigi Buffon in action much!

_________________
avatar
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Philadelphia Union
Posts : 20978
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Semi final: Germany vs Italy discussion

Post by Babun on Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:03 am

@kiranr wrote:
Immortal Babun wrote:
@kiranr wrote:
Babun, if there is one thing Italy is good at, it is closing down space.

Yeah, they're expert at it. The problem is they need the numbers to defend and stay close to their box. How do you expect them to dominate the game if they're busy defending? They could only counter and that's their best bet imo.

If you say they'll set a very good counter formation and may win I agree but saying they'll dominate the proceedings= no chance.

But who said they will dominate? I think all of us expect that if Pirlo is not marked and gets the ball, then Germany is in trouble through counters and set-pieces. Germany will attack Italy from all sides and with lots of crosses as well.

It will be a fascinating match. If Italy get their tactics rights and the way Germany usually sets up, then there will be lots of action on the pitch with each team getting opportunities for the goal ( I expect Germany to get more chances).
It seems to be the case according to people posting in this thread. I was specially answering Mole. He thinks Italy would dominate the proceedings with higher numbers in midfield eco smile

_________________
avatar
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6196
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Semi final: Germany vs Italy discussion

Post by Gemini on Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:03 am

@leemhuis wrote:
Immortal Babun wrote:
@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:The other thing that should be mentioned, is Cassano drops deep when Italy are defending which will give them an ever greater number advantage.

You are all talking about Italy from a defensive stand point in midfield but how about going forward? With Cassano picking up Schweignsteiger and De Rossi and Marchisio picking up Khedira and Ozil.

The thing you are talking about mus'nt happen from a Germany standpoint happens again..... Pirlo is free with a cigar in his mouth.

As mentioned before if Germany try to pass through Italy they will come unstuck in my eyes as also mentioned before Germany need to use the wingers and fullbacks as much as possible to drag out covering midfielders to expose Pirlo.

What Italy need to do is the exact scenario i mentioned above... if Cassano drops deep and picks up Schweignsteiger ( like i think he will as he usually does) then Germany have a massive problem because the end result will be Pirlo will have massive loads of space.

Although this tactical view is only really relevant for the first 70 mins because Cassano and Ozil wont last much longer than that..... then the Coaches become important.

That's if the scoreline is close at this point anyway, if Balotelli has his shooting boots on it would probably be over by half time :lucas :
Italy could throw all the numbers in midfield they still won't dominate possession. The reason is Germany uses free space wherever it's present. If Italy decide to pack the middle expect lots of Lahm overlapping and overloading of flanks. Italy will be forced to commit players for defending the flanks which will open up the middle. Their 3 men defence would have to stay deeper because Klose/ Gomez and Müller will make runs in behind 100%- The gap between Pirlo, their defence and attackers will get very big. Cassano dropping back isn't a problem because Hummels and Badstuber are excellent game openers.
They won't be able to dominate anything. It's like saying Manu would dominate Farca with 4-5-1 formation vs. 4-3-3 just because they have higher numbers in midfield eco smile
It's still 10 vs. 10. Germany's 10 uses the space a lot better than narrow Italian one. Marchisio, De Rossi etc. will be very busy with Özil and Khedira. They make fast runs to take markers away. Have fun tracking them with Marchisio and De Rossi alone Laughing

Also, Marchisio is overrated.

Of course, Italy does not have a chance against the great invincible Germans. All Italians are overrated, the Germans are underrated. And, all your LOLing at the Italians makes it even more clear to us that you have the knowledge and the expertise to explain how it will be impossible for Germany to lose.

Hey, what's your problem man? Why are you playing cheerleader for other nations? Btw cheerleading is a teenage girl job. Why don't you just vent your anger at Bert? By supporting Italy you're setting yourself up for double the pain when we ko them too.

Gemini
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 211
Join date : 2011-12-17
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: Semi final: Germany vs Italy discussion

Post by kiranr on Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:07 am

Immortal Babun wrote:
It seems to be the case according to people posting in this thread. I was specially answering Mole. He thinks Italy would dominate the proceedings with higher numbers in midfield eco smile

I think he was just trying to say that Germany will not be able to dominate the midfield like everyone early on were claiming Very Happy
avatar
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3496
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Semi final: Germany vs Italy discussion

Post by Zealous on Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:08 am

@aleumdance wrote:I don't care who wins

Just win spain

#SaveusCR :bow:

_________________

avatar
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 16098
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Semi final: Germany vs Italy discussion

Post by 7amood11 on Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:09 am

Marchisio is not overrated, far from it. He's been performing incredibly well all season and during the Euros.
avatar
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 3112
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Semi final: Germany vs Italy discussion

Post by Babun on Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:16 am

Arq & co.

Apart from useless banter etc. I expect a very exciting game. Germany vs. Italy was never a boring sleep inducing encounter eco smile
May the best team on the day win. I'm very excited cheers

@kiranr wrote:
Immortal Babun wrote:
It seems to be the case according to people posting in this thread. I was specially answering Mole. He thinks Italy would dominate the proceedings with higher numbers in midfield eco smile

I think he was just trying to say that Germany will not be able to dominate the midfield like everyone early on were claiming Very Happy
I'm saying we'll dominate the middle Very Happy


Last edited by Immortal Babun on Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total

_________________
avatar
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6196
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Semi final: Germany vs Italy discussion

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum