What do you think the problem with England is?

+36
Swanhends
RED
free_cat
Arquitecto
donttreadonred
aleumdance
BarcaKizz
chinomaster182
M99
The Messiah
Luca
Great Leader Sprucenuce
BarrileteCosmico
Tifoso Romanista
Abramovich
rwo power
RealGunner
:{Mr.Mustachio!
Jay29
Zealous
Eman
Gil
Adit
Gemini
Eivindo
sbaggio
la bestia negra
jibers
Cookie Monster
Nishankly
MarkForrest17
Yuri Yukuv
Juveman17
Grande_Milano
Die Borussen
Onyx
40 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

What do you think the problem with England is? - Page 2 Empty Re: What do you think the problem with England is?

Post by :{Mr.Mustachio! Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:49 pm

English approach is pretty much all wrong. I used to play for a small local side when I was young, as a defender once I won the ball orders were to hoof it long, not look for a pass and play it out from the back, training was more about running laps, headering practice and situps than passing triangles, shooting practice and practice matches...

Its true that in England more Technical players are needed, in overall quality and number, but it's also true that the chances that Pirlo in particular would have ever even made it pro in England are slim in my opinion.

At the top changes are being made, EPL clubs are trying to improve their approach at youth level...but at grassroots really in England we are still decades behind.

One of the biggest problems with our setup is how players are nailed down to a position at a early age, coaches aren't necessarily finding the right positions for players to really grow. Chiellini was once a CM, Marchisio once a AM/SS, Del Piero once a GK...Then we know about the transformations of players like Pirlo from CAM to DLP and Abate to RB.

There are some decent players coming through. Ox, Wilshere, McEchran etc...But is 4-4-2/4-5-1 ever going to do them justice?

First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

What do you think the problem with England is? - Page 2 Empty Re: What do you think the problem with England is?

Post by RealGunner Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:09 am

I don't blame Hodgson at all for this tournament. He did the best he could with the limited players he had.

I am sure we had this conversation after the WC10 about England in the previous forum. I remember Capello giving an interview where he said the youngsters need to step up etc.

It's that all over again. The problem isn't england don't have players that can play football. The problem is when you don't coach them in the right way. There will be a lot of midfielders in every single club who would love to play the barcelona way but they can't because the club's philosophy is completely different. Look at West brom for example. George Thorne is a player who can really pick a pass, but he will be turned into another james Morrison in few years.

On the contrary when Ferguson saw the potential in Scholes, he worked on him and made him into a world class CM. Wenger is doing the same with Wilshere atm.

But the good news is that the FA are eager to change all this. There have been changes made into the Under 21 Level and the Youth Football in the League with change of Rules. Also the fact PL teams are interested in sending youngsters to the Next Gen Tournament. Perhaps its a good start.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:11 am

mtfootball wrote:Yeh hopefully all that changes. I think at the end of the day England do want to play better football.
I think they want that for years now. And they are talking about a grassroots reform for years as well. So far nothing has changed.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:15 am

Look at the German National Team

Ozil came from Werder Bremen, Mertesacker Werder, Hummels Dortmund, Podolski Koln, Reus Gladbach, Schurrle Leverkusen

They weren't all made in Bayern Munich. Compare that to england, most players are from the Top 4 Clubs in England
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:18 am

Hummels was made in Bayern :xavi:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:19 am

Things have changed, actually. On top of there being more training hours, pitches and grassroots level are being made smaller to encourage a more technical game of football. Then there's this big new facility that's been built where Hodgson will be training coaches.

Change is occurring, as I've said. It's a slow process - it was always going to be - but let's not sit here and pretend that the FA are just sitting on their arses doing nothing.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:21 am

+1
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by :{Mr.Mustachio! Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:24 am

rwo power wrote:
mtfootball wrote:Yeh hopefully all that changes. I think at the end of the day England do want to play better football.
I think they want that for years now. And they are talking about a grassroots reform for years as well. So far nothing has changed.

The problem is, as I see it anyway, everyone in England want's change. They want continental style football and more homegrown stars...but they are not prepared to do what it takes, to make the big strides.

For a shortwhile they may have to surrender a little competitivity on the international stage, maybe even the European as some of the top club sides must try harder to bring through relavant English youth players.

But as I say, i get the distinct impression they want the rewards without the work it takes to get there. Infact this current German generation is a good example of what can be done, it's the direct result of a shake-up in German football, clearly it is possible to change, but you have to do it you know. Not just talk about it at length.

Indeed change is happening to be fair, but England needs sweeping changes in this regard. Not baby steps.
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:25 am

Roys fault for bumming out Young too much though.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:26 am

Starting the same team for 4th match in a row was not a good idea. Agreed. Would have preferred Downing for Young in this match.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:27 am

RealGunner wrote:Look at the German National Team

Ozil came from Schalke, Mertesacker Hannover, Hummels bayern, Podolski Koln, Reus dortmund, Schurrle Mainz

They weren't all made in Bayern Munich. Compare that to england, most players are from the Top 4 Clubs in England

fixed it for you
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:28 am

Or swapping Theo on for Young, but Woy decided nahhh lets stick with my man Mr Young who's done F all in the whole tournament but tried to dive :bow:

Scrub of a manager, let me pick the line up's he can do the training etc cheers
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:29 am

lol didn't mean where they first came from, rather which club made those players
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:32 am

England needs to focus on English players , players like Aguero or Silva or etc wont help them in Nt

Last edited by Tifoso Romanista on Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:52 am

provide translation with it please
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:54 am

They made your ass THIS big Wink
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:56 am

we have made an ass so big

google translate > BC :coffee:

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:59 am

eco smile sorry i'm afraid to get warning but they did translated it
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:04 am

Tifoso Romanista wrote:England needs to focus on English players , players like Aguero or Silva or etc wont help them in Nt

The reason clubs focus on foreigners is because they are cheaper.....

For example Everton signed Jelavic for 5m and people have signed 2nd division players for twice that amount and never play them :facepalm:

I personally do believe the foreign influx does'nt effect the national team as much as people say.... if your good enough you will make it.

Maybe not straight away at a big club but some PL club will pick you up.

I personally just believe that this generation of talent is'nt very good for the most part and when they are good they seem to get injured all the time lol.

Although the reason why there is'nt much talent coming through, is because the youth setup is crap and how youth players are coached so that doesnt help.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:06 am

England will always flop and wont win anything. This is because of their league. While many like the EPL, its all foriegn talent. The homegrown players are rare. This is why Italy has a stronger national team. They focus on homegrown development.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:08 am

Nothing is wrong with them.

They went to the quarter finals after topping their group and lost on penalties, all with a very recently appointed manager. It's not really that bad when you look at it like that.

Their football wasn't too great. Their strengths (in my opinion) is their wingers, but against Italy I don't think they utilized width too often.

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:22 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Tifoso Romanista wrote:England needs to focus on English players , players like Aguero or Silva or etc wont help them in Nt

The reason clubs focus on foreigners is because they are cheaper.....

For example Everton signed Jelavic for 5m and people have signed 2nd division players for twice that amount and never play them :facepalm:

I personally do believe the foreign influx does'nt effect the national team as much as people say.... if your good enough you will make it.

Maybe not straight away at a big club but some PL club will pick you up.

I personally just believe that this generation of talent is'nt very good for the most part and when they are good they seem to get injured all the time lol.

Although the reason why there is'nt much talent coming through, is because the youth setup is crap and how youth players are coached so that doesnt help.

Everton has financial difficulties they cant be used as an example , If i'm not Wrong Gerrard could get the chance because of redknapp injury , He even said this about his performance ""I was out of position and out of my depth." but its not happening anymore , its simple they dont have faith in their youngsters , Liverpool tried to do that again but i think they fell of from the other side .
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:39 am

RealGunner wrote:lol didn't mean where they first came from, rather which club made those players
But actually that's the point - the youth academies Robbery listed originally made and educated these players. When they got to their later clubs, the foundations were already laid.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:43 am

The problem of England is the lack of English kids playing football in the streets/parks/whatever for fun, relative to other countries.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:54 am

England can only wish they have Toni Kroos, But I swear this becoming unbearable for me, see us getting kicked out every now and then
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:20 am

I can sum up England's problem for you.

The fact that 90% of English believe Glen Johnson (One of very few English players who can beat a man, and maintain possession) is the weak link in their team and ask him to be replaced by Kyle Walker (your typical fast English body builder)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next