7amood11
Le Samourai
Onyx
The Sanchez
altobelli
Grande_Milano
11 posters

Go down

Del Bosque is deceived: "Italy will play defensive like against Germany" Empty Del Bosque is deceived: "Italy will play defensive like against Germany"

Post by Grande_Milano Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:14 am

Ok, he either playing dumb or he is deceived and it will be tragic end to him. For every football fan, it should be obvious Italy will play like against England.

Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Del Bosque is deceived: "Italy will play defensive like against Germany" Empty Re: Del Bosque is deceived: "Italy will play defensive like against Germany"

Post by altobelli Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:31 am

I think the Spanish are afraid. They were lucky on penalty kicks in 2008 without Pirlo and Gattuso playing. They should not be. This Italian team is a transition team being groomed for the World Cup. But, they are soooooooooo good already.

altobelli
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Del Bosque is deceived: "Italy will play defensive like against Germany" Empty Re: Del Bosque is deceived: "Italy will play defensive like against Germany"

Post by The Sanchez Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:16 am

Mind games :coffee:
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:15 pm

Germany did have more possession vs Italy, however I think that's because they were trying to protect the lead.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:17 pm

Against England...the English team had a mandate to let Pirlo pass.Everytime he got the ball , they not only did not press, but backed off. I assure you, that is not going to happen again.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:43 pm

Le Samourai wrote:Against England...the English team had a mandate to let Pirlo pass.Everytime he got the ball , they not only did not press, but backed off. I assure you, that is not going to happen again.

A lot of people said the same thing before Germany vs Italy, but Pirlo still managed to stamp his authority on the game easily.

We'll see what happens.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:50 pm

I think Pirlo was better against England. Spain just need to press effectively to have a chance at stopping him.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:27 pm

Le Samourai wrote:Against England...the English team had a mandate to let Pirlo pass.Everytime he got the ball , they not only did not press, but backed off. I assure you, that is not going to happen again.

I think "closing a player down", especially in midfield, is a myth.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:39 pm

Pressing is not a myth, and even so there's a huge difference between not closing someone down, and actively moving away from them when they have the ball.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:40 pm

I think Del Bosque is thinking possession wise. Not really a huge indicator of attacking prowess. Whenever Italy had the ball, they always looked for goal which is something you have to appreciate.

Italy have the tools to beat Spain. Go, Italian food :bow:
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:03 pm

Le Samourai wrote:Pressing is not a myth, and even so there's a huge difference between not closing someone down, and actively moving away from them when they have the ball.

No, pressing is not a myth. But closing down a midfield player without the ball so that he cannot be passed to is a myth, imo. To do that the defender would need to be right on the player's skin and if that player makes a quick run to space the defender will always be left behind because he cannot react instantly. That's why I think it's a myth when pundits, coaches and whoever go "you have to close player X down quickly, take away his space etc". Space will be found on a football pitch simply because when someone is trying to imitate other person's moves he will always be lagging behind. I guess it's called reaction time. But it's another matter whether your teammates are good enough to keep the ball and pass it to you when they are being pressed in possession.

My bottom line is that I think Pirlo will have time and space to have his effect on the game as long as Italy as a team can keep the ball a bit.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:36 pm

Pressing is something that's done in numbers. It's different to one player closing down another imo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:41 pm

Point is that giving the ball to Spain, backing to your half and hoping to strike on counters is a suicide. Italy will most likely play possession football or attacking one, trying to shock Spain in first half especially.

Last edited by Grande_Milano on Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:01 pm

all Balotelli has to do is attack Pique,, he is shit
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:46 am

Del Bosque :facepalm:

mtfootball wrote:Germany did have more possession vs Italy, however I think that's because they were trying to protect the lead.

According to espn, Germany only had 8% of the possession more. Not enough to say that they are playing defensive...

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by sbaggio Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:29 am

Italy will attack.....and attack again.
sbaggio
sbaggio
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down