+5
Jeps33178
briarfish
punkfusion1992
StrugaRock
Onyx
9 posters

Go down

France Football says Casillas deserves Ballon d'Or Empty France Football says Casillas deserves Ballon d'Or

Post by Onyx Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:06 pm

Real Madrid goalkeeper Iker Casillas deserves the Ballon d'Or, says France Football.

The French magazine created the famous gong in 1956 before giving it up to FIFA in recent years, which has disappointed many of the award's admirers.

In an editorial, France Football declared: "For all of his work, his stay at the top with which he was joined by Spain in 2008, but also for his reassuring presence, his personality, his influence and expertise, Casillas deserves, after all, a Ballon d'Or."

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

France Football says Casillas deserves Ballon d'Or Empty Re: France Football says Casillas deserves Ballon d'Or

Post by StrugaRock Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:36 pm

The link to the petition for fifa to consider Casillas for Ballon D'Or
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

France Football says Casillas deserves Ballon d'Or Empty Re: France Football says Casillas deserves Ballon d'Or

Post by Onyx Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:48 pm

Di Stefano:

"Casillas deserves to be paid homage to because he is a great goalkeeper, but playing with your feet and not with your hands is what counts now, so I do not think he will get the Ballon d'Or," he told reporters.

"But to recognise him as the best goalkeeper at the Euros is a good award."

------------

Pele:

"Usually it's attacking players (who win the Ballon d'Or), but for me it may be unfair to make such an assessment given that I have not seen all the games," he told AS.

"Still, there is no doubt about the performances of Casillas in big tournaments. This would be a good opportunity - the ideal time - to give him the Ballon d'Or.

"He has contributed as much as the forwards in their victories. You can have the best No.10 but it won't work if there isn't a great goalkeeper behind him.

"I have been very important (for Brazil), I will not deny that, because I was a forward. But look at (Amadeo) Carrizo, (Lev) Yashin and (Gordon) Banks. People do not talk about the goalkeepers."

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by punkfusion1992 Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:16 pm

StrugaRock wrote:The link to the petition for fifa to consider Casillas for Ballon D'Or

Halconocche!!! :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
punkfusion1992
punkfusion1992
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by briarfish Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:28 pm

By all respects for Casillas but no one played better than Messi in this year/ season. And the Ballon d'Or is the Prize for the best player, not for the best team or the most successful player.

briarfish
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:29 pm

Former Barcelona and Atletico Madrid goalkeeper Miguel Reina believes that Iker Casillas deserves to win the Ballon d'Or, after his performances for Real Madrid and Spain over the last year.

The 66-year-old, who is the father of Liverpool shot-stopper Pepe Reina, has praised Los Blancos' keeper for his fine campaign in 2011-12, where he captained his club to Liga glory, and kept five clean sheets as La Roja won Euro 2012.
“It is clear Casillas deserves [the Ballon d'Or],” he told AS. “He had a great European Championship, and had a very good season with Madrid, winning La Liga.
“Honestly, for the work he's done, he undoubtedly deserves it. I have no doubt that he has done more than enough to merit the award.
“Casillas has shown a human quality, and is a role model for all young people. Furthermore, he showed immense fair play in the Euro final.
"When the referee added on time at the end of the game, Casillas asked the assistant referee not to add on any more minutes out of respect for Italy. It was unnecessary to draw any more blood from the Italians.
“Casillas is a symbol for football, and sport in general.”
He did, however, concede that goalkeepers do not receive enough recognition, and that could hold him back winning the award.
"Maybe that will be a problem for Casillas. Awards like this are never given to goalkeepers. It is always the forwards [that win], because they get all the glory.
"It is about time a goalkeeper was given the Ballon d'Or. It is the most difficult position in football, and deserves equal recognition.
“Players like [Dino] Zoff and [Oliver] Kahn were two great keepers, but never received enough recognition. Buffon also. This year it will be difficult [for Casillas to win], but for his effort and his career so far, he deserves it.”

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeps33178 Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:24 pm

#CasillasBalond'Or2012 :bow:
Jeps33178
Jeps33178
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:10 pm

http://realmadridstats.com/?p=29#more-29

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugaRock Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:25 pm

Crimson wrote:http://realmadridstats.com/?p=29#more-29

Smile

I was just reading it, it was great
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:31 pm

StrugaRock wrote:
Crimson wrote:http://realmadridstats.com/?p=29#more-29

Smile

I was just reading it, it was great

ty Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:49 pm

good job crim great read.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Paprika Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:51 pm

Indeed, always a pleasure. Thumbs up
Paprika
Paprika
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:09 pm

haha thanks guys, the anger this blog is causing on some channels is really funny

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:25 am

Marca:

Iker Casillas said that several of his team-mates or his team deserve Ballon d'Or, so said, but will analyze your vote, think about Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo, Xavi Hernandez and Andres Iniesta.

"Right now both Messi, Xavi and Iniesta Christian as can be there around the Golden Ball, so it will be very difficult," Casillas said in a press conference during his visit to Caracas.

The goalkeeper, who is also seeking the award, emphasized how important it is that goalkeepers are also considered as candidates, because they also "are an important part of football", but "different".

"So many people also enjoy a good stop with a good stretch of a goalkeeper," said Casillas, who visited the Venezuelan capital as ambassador of BBVA Provincial and share your experience with youth and children.

It has decided how to vote
I personally do not vote for who advanced and said "would have to analyze well," noting that voting is a "difficult" because there are "very good players."
"As yet I have time to think a who I can decantarme little, because from here until December, when I have to do the voting, since he and maduraré think a lot, "he added.

Joy for a country touched
the other hand, Casillas spoke of the successes of the Spanish team. The goalkeeper said: "We have generated a whole country joys that now it is going very wrong. The Spanish learned from the defeats and in 2008 changed history."

When asked about the formula of the Red to dominate so dramatically, Casillas admitted that "there are many people behind that success has allowed the Spanish Federation after 40 years. We were trained to be individuals but also to be champions," said the Real Madrid goalkeeper.

"This is not a work of the last four years. We have 13 years dedicated to this illusion," he said Iker Casillas.

Does not look like technical
Furthermore, the Spaniard is not recognized as a technician in the future. "When I finish my career, I think the issue of coach (..) I'm going to discard, because for me it's hard to have 23 players, great player, in a template and having to put 11 and only make three changes," said.

"I think for me that is hard and I'm no good for that, to this day I do not know tomorrow," added the captain of the Red.

Continuing the theme of the coaches, Casillas said that throughout his career he has learned from various technical and would, rather than none, with Vicente del Bosque and then with Luis Aragones, although Jose Mourinho said.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:50 am

Crims great read mate, couldn't have agreed more Thumbs up
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:28 pm

Jorge Campos believes that Real Madrid custodian Iker Casillas is the best goalkeeper in the world.

The Spain international has been touted as a potential candidate to win the Fifa Ballon d'Or after impressing at Euro 2012, and the Mexico legend has nothing but praise for the 31-year-old shot-stopper.

"Casillas is the best goalkeeper in the world. His reflexes and reactions make him unique. He's a leader both on and off the pitch and always appears at the most important moment in the match," Campos was quoted as saying on the official Madrid website.

"He's a modest guy and an excellent person, in spite of everything he has won. He's a very special guy who has earned worldwide recognition. He has a lot to teach young goalkeepers."

Casillas became the first footballer in history to win 100 international matches when La Roja beat Italy in the Euro 2012 final, and has also won the 2010 World Cup and Euro 2008, as well as making over 600 appearances for Madrid.

Campos won 130 caps for Mexico over a 13-year career.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:09 pm

Problem is Ballon d'or is not about your career or your influence or your regularity. It's not a gift for all someone have done. As soon as someone else has had a better season than you it's over. That's why players like henry has finished 2 or 3rd many times and many goats have just won it one . Still Casillas deserves a Bd'or overall but
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down