Great Leader Sprucenuce
Pedram
Valkyrja
Le Samourai
Abramovich
35 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Courtois vs De Gea vs Szczęsny  - Page 3 Empty Re: Courtois vs De Gea vs Szczęsny

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:04 am

De Gea was the best player in the league this year.

Only haters will try to argue it.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Courtois vs De Gea vs Szczęsny  - Page 3 Empty Re: Courtois vs De Gea vs Szczęsny

Post by M99 Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:08 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Colback was the best player in the league this year.

Only haters will try to argue it.

Agreed.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:16 am

Statistically he's on par with Casillas.

DDG vs. Casillas

11 vs. 12 clean sheets.

2.11 vs. 2.41 saves per game (Casillas is actually busier, DAT Mehdrid defense Laughing).

2.17 vs. 2.20 saves per goal.

69 % vs. 70 % distribution success.

94 % vs. 94 % claim success.

0.97 vs. 1.09 goals per game conceded.

Maybe that's why Mehdrid want him. hmm

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:17 am

Harmonicaball pls
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:58 am

Statistically, every random BuLi keeper is better than De Gea, and probably about 20 other keepers as well.

But but but he made those incredible saves against Wilshere's, Sterling's, Hazard's poor finishing etc pp. Top 3 keeper no doubt.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:18 pm

De Gea was unbelievable considering he had such an awful defence in front of him. Madrid legend Proud

He's just coming back home tbh.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:29 pm

thanks Hans, it's unbelievable he is even being compared to Thibu

right now in footy, it's Neuer, courtois and the rest
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:03 pm

There is nothing that Courtois did last season which suggests he had a better season than De Gea.

Absolutely zilch, natta, nothing. He might be a better GK but he didn't have a better season, only Hazard, Sanchez and Aguero are in the discussion to be better.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:05 pm

Neuer is a better passer
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:11 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:There is nothing that Courtois did last season which suggests he had a better season than De Gea.

Absolutely zilch, natta, nothing. He might be a better GK but he didn't have a better season, only Hazard, Sanchez and Aguero are in the discussion to be better.

I don't get why it is hard for people to say who is better. Instead Hans is ranting. It's irrelevant whether he is world class (whatever that means).

@Valk ter Stegens passing is better than Neuers. His distribution is unreal.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:17 pm

jibers wrote:@Valk ter Stegens passing is better than Neuers. His distribution is unreal.
Yeah. I think only Kroos had better long passing accuracy in CL
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:37 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:right now in footy, it's Neuer, courtois and the rest
You forgot the statistically best goalie this season :coffee:

http://tinyurl.com/top5-gks-2014-15
or
http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2015/06/11/sommer-pips-neuer-and-buffon-as-best-moneyball-keeper-as-de-gea-intrigue-continues-110601/
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:14 am

jibers wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:There is nothing that Courtois did last season which suggests he had a better season than De Gea.

I don't get why it is hard for people to say who is better. Instead Hans is ranting. It's irrelevant whether he is world class (whatever that means).

@Valk ter Stegens passing is better than Neuers. His distribution is unreal.

I know. I've said after the UCL final that I've never seen a GK with better distribution
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:13 pm

Valkyrja wrote:
jibers wrote:@Valk ter Stegens passing is better than Neuers. His distribution is unreal.
I know. I've said after the UCL final that I've never seen a GK with better distribution
You might want to check out Gladbach with Yann Sommer, too. Lucien Favre chose Sommer specifically as his distribution is about as good as Marc-André ter Stegen's, thus Gladbach didn't have to change their style after MAtS left.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:08 pm

Courtois is a great goalkeeper but with some appaling weaknesses. He is soooo poor in one-vs-one it's not even funny. Make the smallest feint, and he is on the ground and it takes him 2 hours to stand up again. He's long range saving is not that great. On the other hand, he makes very little mistakes and with his size he is imposing both in the air and in saving many closer range shots.

De Gea is a bit more complete IMO although he is poorer in the air and makes more mistakes. They are basically on the same level.

However, really, Ter Stegen is better than boths. He's basically better at everything (except Courtois size related skills), although he makes more mistakes.

Let's remember also that Courtois and Ter Stegen are two years younger, so I'd always pick with them.

Dunnow about Yan Sommer cause I've never watched him. Although I doubt he can pass better than Ter Stegen, he is a machine that could play as CM for any mid table club.

I only watched Fraser Forster those times vs. Celtic and he was inmense. I see he has continued to produce.

Also, I would like to take a minute to homage Victor Valdes, who would have swept this "safe hands" metrics in his prime. Eventhough he faced a 1 on 1 every 2 games, he had several seasons with more than  80% saves, which is head and shoulders above any other goalkeeper. His aerial claiming was always mediocre, but surely over 91% making him way above any other goalkeeper of his time. Always underated.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:44 pm

free_cat wrote:Dunnow about Yan Sommer cause I've never watched him. Although I doubt he can pass better than Ter Stegen, he is a machine that could play as CM for any mid table club.
As whoscored.com have their stats from OPTA, they should be quite okay - and if you compare MAtS ands Yann Sommer there, you will see there is not much difference number-wise.

They are both listed with "Long Passing" as their strengths, and the accuracy is 80.1% for MAtS (with an average of 23.5 passes per game, 7.5 of them long balls), while Yann Sommer has a pass accuracy of 75.8% (with an average of 41.8 passes per game, 8.3 of them long balls).

If you compare this to David de Gea and Thibaut Courtois, you get:

David de Gea: 61.1% pass accuracy, 27.9 passes per game, 8.6 of them long balls
Thibaut Courtois: 51.1% pass accuracy, 22.5 passes per game, 6.9 of them long balls
Wojciech Szczesny: 63.7% pass accuracy, 23.3 passes per game, 6.6 of them long balls
Bernd Leno: 52.5% pass accuracy, 26.1 passes per game, 6.8 of them long balls
Manuel Neuer: 85% pass accuracy, 32.5 passes per game, 4.9 of them long balls

MAtS: http://www.whoscored.com/Players/80774/
Yann Sommer: http://www.whoscored.com/Players/35758/
David de Gea: http://www.whoscored.com/Players/79554/
Thibaut Courtois: http://www.whoscored.com/Players/73798/
Wojciech Szczesny: http://www.whoscored.com/Players/73379/
Bernd Leno: http://www.whoscored.com/Players/92173/
Manuel Neuer: http://www.whoscored.com/Players/13754/
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:46 pm

ter Stegen >>>
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:02 pm

Bump

I'm a United fan but all three are on a similar level imo
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:10 pm

Szczesny has an unfair advantage from apprenticing with San Gigi

Easily the best of the lot

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:12 pm

A Serie A jobber, the most overrated keeper on the planet and DEGOAT.

Gee i wonder.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:10 pm

Worse than my Ederson thread.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:55 pm

Szczesny #1
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:25 pm

Wat
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:36 pm

Szczęsny isn't even the best Polish keeper lol
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:19 pm

Thibu is always underrated, was better for Atletico, and the best in England too
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:54 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:Thibu is always underrated, was better for Atletico, and the best in England too

Sure you didnt intend to type 'Overrated'? hmm Chels fans and United hating community regularly used to join hands in utter desperation to big up this guy's performances not so long ago. Now after realizing he is a fraud who is not even half as reliable and consistent as De Gea under the bar, they have slowly shifted attention to Ederscrub. Heard a pundit calling the Brazilian 'complete keeper' rofl

De Gea obviously has flaws. Not saying he is perfect. Especially his decision making sometimes can be a little off. But over a period of time, say in the last 3 years, theres not been a better goalkeeper in world football. Not even Nueur, who I rate higher btw.  DDG's unreal consistency and ability to deliver 7+ performances week after week, thats his strongest trait.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next