Sri
Great Leader Sprucenuce
urbaNRoots
Lex
Raptorgunner
32 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Contract Talks Contract Talks Theo now. - Page 3 Empty Re: Contract Talks Contract Talks Theo now.

Post by Wilson37 Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:47 pm

srigooner wrote:
We are a club with class, we do not force our way. We want players who are happy playing for us, not disgruntled players causing disharmony in our dressing room. The club has to show its stance with RVP, because he has been disrespectful. Not with Walcott, who has done nothing to cross his line. He is being were professional in this scenario and showing good maturity. When somebody behaves with you in a good way, you reciprocate with good will, not strongarm them.

PS: : Though it may seem like it, I want to emphasize that my comments are directed not only at Wilson, but also a larger group of fans who voice this opinion. Not just fans in GL, but also on twitter and other forums. Please don't take any personal offence.
i am tired seeing our club at the losing end of these transfer sagas.. we were done by Cesc, Nasri, and now RVP.. who knows the real problem with Walcott ? is it money or the ambition bullshit or buying trophies ?
we want players who respect and believe in the way the club is run and not get carried by money cities wages.. so the club and the fans need not panic... and Walcott is nowhere important as the above players... and i feel it will be another let down for the club if we yield to this business tactics from his agent/him.. Neutral
i am fine.. and nothing is personal here.. I am expressing my views.. you are free to disagree... Very Happy

Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Contract Talks Contract Talks Theo now. - Page 3 Empty Re: Contract Talks Contract Talks Theo now.

Post by Sri Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:14 am

This must be a freaking joke, courtesy Mirror:

Come home Theo: Southampton aim to bring Walcott back to St Mary's

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkForrest17 Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:19 am

I would sell him to PSG. I think some English players could use time out of the premier league, it would probably be good for the national team. Though there is no logical reason for arsenal should do that, as they should only do whats best for them.
MarkForrest17
MarkForrest17
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:31 pm

Latest comment from Walcott: "The club and my agent are talking but it is a slow process. My last contract took 6 months to agree - but it will come."

That sounds encouraging.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:59 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:Latest comment from Walcott: "The club and my agent are talking but it is a slow process. My last contract took 6 months to agree - but it will come."

That sounds encouraging.
6 months.. What a Face
Need to see more 'ambition'.. Lol..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:45 pm

srigooner wrote:Then search youtube for a video of Walcott teaching Jenkinson how to defend while ManUtd were handing our asses back to us.

what the 8-2? all i remember is a kid on his debut (jenkinson) having a terrible game and then getting his confidence ruined even further when his senior teammate who wasnt bothering to help him properly (walcott) had a bitch fit at him
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:12 pm

Wenger says 'both parties around the table' and is hopeful Walcott will sign and stay.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:23 pm

Walcott hopeful over new Arsenal deal

"I've never said I wanted to go, I've always wanted to stay. I want to be an Arsenal legend. Thierry joined the club when he was 22 and I want to become an Arsenal legend like him, playing up front as well, which is a big factor for me. I've played on the right wing and had the opportunity to play up front a bit more so I think it's about time.

"That speculation on the money side of it has never been me. That's not me. I'm not the sort of person who's influenced by money. I always make my decisions based on football and only football. Hopefully something can be sorted out. I'll just wait for the club to get back to us now and go from there.

"It's one of those things that happens in the game. If it comes to it, if the club had to sell me, I'd be disappointed but, like I said, hopefully something can be sorted."

Read more at: http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/171722.html#MeqpDobi3oTXDcBf.99

hmm
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:26 pm

Well, he doesn't have a good enough first touch to be a CF... so he should concentrate on being a winger. Henry always had good touch; he just made bad decision early on in his career. Walcott has technical issues.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:10 pm

Theo Walcott wants Arsenal stay and to become legend like Thierry Henry

Theo Walcott wants to stay at Arsenal and become a club legend like Thierry Henry after insisting his ongoing contract negotiations are not due to demands for more money.

The England international was linked with a summer move away from Emirates Stadium after entering the final 12 months of his current deal.

Talks over a new contract are continuing to drag on and reports are now suggesting Arsenal will look to sell Walcott in January, with Liverpool again being mentioned as a destination.

But the 23-year-old is adamant he is not seeking a major pay-rise and instead only wants assurances he will be used less as a winger and more as a striker by boss Arsene Wenger.
"Hopefully it can be sorted, because I want to stay, I want to play for Arsenal, I want to try and win things"

Walcott, who has started just one of Arsenal's six games in all competitions this season, is determined to become a hit in North London and thinks he can follow in the footsteps of the iconic Henry.
"It has been a frustrating start for me, because of false speculation about me and the money situation," Walcott told Sky Sports News.

Factors

"For me, it has never been about money. It has always been a football decision for me.

"If I had opportunities in the summer to go but if I wanted to go, I would have gone, if it was about money. It has never been that.

"The main factors for me now are I want to start playing up front. That is all it is, really.

"It is not going to happen overnight. My last contract took over six months to do.

"We have only started to come to terms with it. The club have been quite busy with the likes of Robin (van Persie) and Alex Song, and players coming in.

"I am just there now. Hopefully it can be sorted, because I want to stay, I want to play for Arsenal, I want to try and win things.

"I remember when Thierry Henry joined at 22 and the legend he was. Hopefully I can be the legend he was as well in that upfront position."
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:46 pm

Theo Upfront?... I dunno if I like that. Short term sure... Long term? eh..... Maybe play him as a second striker behind Giroud?...
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:17 am

I think he should be given chance to prove what he is capable of. I belive he'll do better than Gervinho. Walcott is very quick and his finish isnt that bad either so he should be given a chance to prove himself.
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:33 am

i remember john terry and some other plays commenting that they dont understand why he doesn't play up front as the striker, because apparently he's awesome when he does in training for the NT.
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:00 am

lenear1030 wrote:i remember john terry and some other plays commenting that they dont understand why he doesn't play up front as the striker, because apparently he's awesome when he does in training for the NT.
Thumbs up
If he wants to start up front, he should sign the contract and tell Wenger he will play up front. hmm
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:24 am

djoe26 wrote:I think he should be given chance to prove what he is capable of. I belive he'll do better than Gervinho. Walcott is very quick and his finish isnt that bad either so he should be given a chance to prove himself.

Walcott is a better finisher, but Gervinho is much better for the false 9 role we're using atm. Gervinho takes players on 1on1 and his dribbling imo is just better than Walcotts.

I just don't see how we're going to fit Walcott into a CF role. If he's content with playing CF in FA and Capital Cup games, than thats not a problem, but no way he gets ahead of Poldi/Gervs for the false 9 role in the big games.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:40 am

So the problem is he wants to be the striker.. Happy to hear that he want to be an Arsenal legend.. Considering the formation we played last 2 games with Gervinho as false nine.. We can play Walcott there with atleast the same effect if not better.. He too can make runs.. his dribbling is poor but remember Gervinho gets it correct only against weaker teams, so endproduct is more or less the same.. Passing may be better.. But his finishing is good and miles ahead of Gervinho..
So me for Walcott playing Gervinhos role upfront..Thumbs up
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:59 pm

WALCOTT JUST
Contract Talks Contract Talks Theo now. - Page 3 Shut-u10

Should be our/Arsenal's money but too lazy to edit it. Razz
Rev
Rev
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:06 pm

I say give him the contract
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:07 pm

I just think he has all the qualities to be such a fantastic goalscorer and yet 3/4 of the time he's stuck out on the right exchanging passes with fullbacks.

I get the arguments against it...sure he can get bullied and sure he's not exactly a target man....but come on....pace and finishing.

He is elite at both.

It's about time he get the chance.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:44 pm

If other teams park the bus then Theo becomes useless.

But that finish :bow:
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by boss Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:04 pm

I guess that ..He (Walcott) has just signed ! ystrd. imho Wink

boss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:36 pm

Arsenal won't break the bank to keep Walcott, says chairman Hill-Wood

Arsenal chairman Peter Hill-Wood has warned Theo Walcott the club will not compromise its wage structure to keep him at the Emirates Stadium.

Walcott can leave the Gunners on a free transfer when his contract expires at the end of the season and has already rejected the offer of an extension.

His representatives are expected to resume talks during the international break with manager Arsene Wenger confident that he can persuade the England international to sign a new deal.

But Hill-Wood insists Arsenal won't bow down to the 23-year-old's contract demands despite Chelsea and Manchester City's reported interest.

"We have got our general overall wage structure and we are not prepared to break it for anybody," Hill-Wood told the Daily Star.

"We have made an offer which he didn't think was acceptable and that is the end of it. We think it is a very reasonable offer.

"For the moment his people are still talking to us and we hope it will be resolved. But don't ask me when, because I haven't a clue.

"I hope that he will eventually come round and sign. It will be a pity if he does not, but the whole issue of pay for footballers has got totally out of hand and they don't get terribly well advised a lot of the time."

-----------------------------------------

:bow:

70k/week was the offer from Arsenal, if he accepts - good, if he doesn't - not a big loss, we can get better.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:05 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Arsenal won't break the bank to keep Walcott, says chairman Hill-Wood

Arsenal chairman Peter Hill-Wood has warned Theo Walcott the club will not compromise its wage structure to keep him at the Emirates Stadium.

Walcott can leave the Gunners on a free transfer when his contract expires at the end of the season and has already rejected the offer of an extension.

His representatives are expected to resume talks during the international break with manager Arsene Wenger confident that he can persuade the England international to sign a new deal.

But Hill-Wood insists Arsenal won't bow down to the 23-year-old's contract demands despite Chelsea and Manchester City's reported interest.

"We have got our general overall wage structure and we are not prepared to break it for anybody," Hill-Wood told the Daily Star.

"We have made an offer which he didn't think was acceptable and that is the end of it. We think it is a very reasonable offer.

"For the moment his people are still talking to us and we hope it will be resolved. But don't ask me when, because I haven't a clue.

"I hope that he will eventually come round and sign. It will be a pity if he does not, but the whole issue of pay for footballers has got totally out of hand and they don't get terribly well advised a lot of the time."

-----------------------------------------

:bow:

70k/week was the offer from Arsenal, if he accepts - good, if he doesn't - not a big loss, we can get better.

Contract Talks Contract Talks Theo now. - Page 3 Isco_seleccion_632379665
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:17 pm

There are many big clubs after Isco and we will have to battle to get him. I really hope Walcott does sign a new contract though.
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:40 pm

djoe26 wrote:There are many big clubs after Isco and we will have to battle to get him. I really hope Walcott does sign a new contract though.
If he was in his prime we might not have a chance but at young age, Arsenal is the perfect place for him as sad as that may sounds.
Agent Arteta and Cazorla will have work to do.Contract Talks Contract Talks Theo now. - Page 3 7913873108_4cfe0cab81_z

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:01 pm

I know he has his faults and we would have to give him more than hes worth honestly.. but

For ****s sake give him a contract. We can't keep loosing players. I know Theo wouldn't be the biggest loss in the world but when stacked ontop of everything else that has happened its a huge moral killer..

If you want a really good english player, you are gonna have to overpay for them, because thats what the market is. You can say he is being greedy but honestly theo would be stupid to leave that kind of money on the table.. Or at least not TRY to get what he could easily at other clubs.

VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next