Le Samourai
Real Kandahar
S32TABLANCA
Paprika
Onyx
32 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Super Cup: Real Madrid vs Barcelona discussion - 2nd leg - Page 3 Empty Re: Super Cup: Real Madrid vs Barcelona discussion - 2nd leg

Post by Onyx Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:38 pm

Real Madrid defender Pepe will miss Thursday's Clásico Spanish Super Cup clash with Barcelona after picking up a head injury in the season's first game, coach Jose Mourinho has said.

"Pepe won't play," he told a news conference on the eve of the match against arch-rivals Barcelona at the Camp Nou. Mourinho said that if Pepe had a choice he would play, despite clashing heads in mid-air with goalkeeper Iker Casillas in the 1-1 home draw with Valencia on Sunday.

"For him yes but for us no," he added. "It is not human to risk a player for a football game, whatever the game is. So, there is no doubt either with the medical department or with the coach that Pepe will not play. He is progressing well. He is very good, he is already training. And without wanting to go too far, our feeling is that he could be there on Sunday without any risk."

Real Madrid defender Raul Albiol will play instead on Thursday, Mourinho revealed, but refused to give more details of the lineup. Pepe had to quit the field at half-time after the head clash and spent a night at a Madrid hospital, where a medical report said he arrived "in a confused and agitated state".

However, a scan revealed no serious damage and he improved overnight to show a "good level of awareness", it added.

Fans and players sent support, including rival Barcelona defender Gerard Pique who wrote on Twitter: "I have just seen the pictures on TV. They are frightening. I hope it is nothing serious and he will be able to play again soon."

Pepe sent thanks to his well-wishers in a message on the club website. "Very soon I will be in perfect shape to continue fighting for the shirt and for our club," he said.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Super Cup: Real Madrid vs Barcelona discussion - 2nd leg - Page 3 Empty Re: Super Cup: Real Madrid vs Barcelona discussion - 2nd leg

Post by S32TABLANCA Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:46 pm

I hope Varane and Benzema plays, I think its a bit early to start resting players though. I think Mou will play Albiol and Higuain as usual, along with Coentrao.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:38 pm

As long as higuain finishes his chances we will be good, I do not mind either up front but i admit to an extent I do prefer benz
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Kandahar Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:39 pm

Mamad wrote:1 time in CL, 1 Time in Copa and 1 Time in SuperCup Mou made a mistake in first leg. and a good performance in second leg wasn't enough in any of those 3.

Barca is a monster team. to defeat them in two games you must play great at both. if we go for 0-0 with a defensive 4-3-3 we will lose.

Thank you captain obvious.... we'r not gonnna play 4-3-3
Real Kandahar
Real Kandahar
Banned (Temporary)

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Kandahar Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:43 pm

i want benzema to play, he is much better in link up play and possession retention and also in passing, and movement, and dribbling!

Real Kandahar
Real Kandahar
Banned (Temporary)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:15 am

Real Kandahar wrote:
Mamad wrote:1 time in CL, 1 Time in Copa and 1 Time in SuperCup Mou made a mistake in first leg. and a good performance in second leg wasn't enough in any of those 3.

Barca is a monster team. to defeat them in two games you must play great at both. if we go for 0-0 with a defensive 4-3-3 we will lose.

Thank you captain obvious.... we'r not gonnna play 4-3-3

I said if. and you're welcome.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:40 am

A scoring draw would be fine Very Happy
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:33 am

a question guys. is there any specific reason why Marcelo dosn't play?
He didn't start vs Valencia and the line ups I see against us have Coentrao instead of him
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:08 am

the only reason he didnt start against valencia is cause he didnt have a proper preseason with the team since he was at the olympics

so mou decided to start coentrao whom he believed was more ready

though i believe there is a possibility that marcelo might start today another reason some prefer coentrao is cause he is better defensively, as much as marcelo is the better player going forward that much coentrao is the better one defending
though last years marcelo has improved dramatically in that part too

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:22 pm

Keep our heads cool.
We only won by a small margin last time.

I just want to win. End of story
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:49 pm

José Mourinho has called up 21 players fot the Supercopa. Sahin, Carvalho, kaká, y Pepe have not been called up.

REAL MADRID LINEUP
Goalkeepers:: Casillas, Adán y Jesús.
Defence: : Sergio Ramos, Marcelo, Coentrão, Albiol, Arbeloa, Varane y Nacho.
Midfielders: Özil, Xabi Alonso, Granero, Khedira, Lass, Callejón y Di María.
Forwards: Cristiano Ronaldo, Benzema, Higuaín y Morata.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:48 pm

no pepe :O

this might turn out to be bad
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:57 pm

Pepe hoofs too much against Barca anyway. :coffee:

Ideally Varane would play, but Albiol will most likely be starting.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Kandahar Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:30 pm

pepe is a rock against barca... he is the only player they fear Sad wow we are going to play baddd
Real Kandahar
Real Kandahar
Banned (Temporary)

Back to top Go down

Post by BH14 Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:16 pm

what up peeps?

BH14
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BH14 Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:16 pm

i seem to be lost

BH14
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:30 pm

welcome to the forum mate
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BH14 Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:33 pm

so what are the rules? and how does the forum work

BH14
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:35 pm

BilalHussein14 wrote:so what are the rules? and how does the forum work

Try here:

https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/f1-announcements

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BH14 Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:40 pm

thanks, so you think marcelo is gonna start ahead of coentrao ?

BH14
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:45 pm

Hopefully he does. He provides more attacking wise than Coentrao.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BH14 Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:52 pm

Yeah, but keep in mind that we don't have to win this game, I'm thinking Conetrao is gonna start, he did g00d in most of his games against Barcelona especially the last one, and Marcelo isn't that good definsivly, he might just play Marcelo in the second leg if we lose this game.

btw Marca have already stated that Conetrao will start, i cant post the link thou

BH14
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:56 pm

Yeh I think Varane and Marcelo should of played instead.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BH14 Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:10 pm

can we really trust Varane?

BH14
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:28 pm

Or can we trust Albiol? Laughing

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BH14 Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:44 pm

LOL Toughest questions i will ever experience, but i think i would go with Varane .

BH14
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next