Mr Agile - Luka Modric

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Mr Agile - Luka Modric

Post by Onyx on Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:37 pm

Marca:

Luka Modric is tightening the rope to seal his move to Real Madrid. The last act of defiance of the Croatian player has been staying in London as Tottenham travel to the USA for a short tour under his preseason.

The Croatian player did not appear at London's Heathrow airport to catch a plane with the rest of his companions to noon. Nor did there or presented at the Sports City, where he had previously mentioned to the players to move together to the airport.

Modric has definitely decided to take radical action and force the Spurs to facilitate his departure. The player wants to wear white next season and everything will be necessary on their part to do so. For now, the Spurs already know that the position of player sign and there's no going back. They should sell it or yes. And the Madrid waiting impatiently.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Posts : 38951
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Mr Agile - Luka Modric

Post by Onyx on Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:13 pm

This summer the Croatian midfielder reportedly appears set on a move to Spanish champions Real Madrid.

Reports have suggested that the 26-year-old refused to travel with Spurs on the tour of America - and Villas-Boas referred to this decision in the Spanish press on Sunday.

"I think Modric is wrong," Villas-Boas was quoted as saying in AS.

"This will go against him. He has worsened the situation with what he's doing and now the chairman is very angry.

"This is also not a good time for Daniel Levy, who is in the USA at the moment, because his wife is ill."

But Villas-Boas was complimentary about Modric's playing ability and admitted his exit would be a blow to Spurs.

"He's good, very good," added Villas-Boas. "I tried to sign him last summer for Chelsea. He will be a big loss.

"He's a player who can make the difference, who gives a lot of clarity to the play when the team needs it and who can play in several positions."

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Manchester City
Posts : 38951
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Mr Agile - Luka Modric

Post by Die Borussen on Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:08 pm

mtfootball Moar modric news!!!!!!!!!!

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 3442
Join date : 2012-01-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Mr Agile - Luka Modric

Post by Onyx on Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:30 pm

Not much aside from Modric not going on the U.S. tour with Spurs, which upset Levy. tongue

VDV said:

"You can not compare Real Madrid with other teams because it is the best club in the world. For me it was really an honor to play there and I'm grateful. So I think any player wants to play there"

"I am one of the people closest to Modric in the locker room and I know that your situation is very complicated. President, Daniel Levy, is angry, but Luka is very aware of what is happening," added the Dutchman in statements includes 'The Guardian'. On Sunday Van der Vaart had told AS: "What Luka reminds me what happened to me when I went to sign for Real Madrid."

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Manchester City
Posts : 38951
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Mr Agile - Luka Modric

Post by Onyx on Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:37 am

A statement on the club's official website on Monday night read: "The club can confirm Luka Modric has returned to training today (Monday) at Spurs Lodge. The coaching staff will now determine the remainder of his pre-season preparation."

Manager Villas-Boas, currently in the States with Spurs, confirmed the midfielder had been fined for missing training.

He said in a press conference in Los Angeles broadcast on Sky Sports News: "The situation as it stands is that the player is under club discipline for not being present.

"There is close interest in him but we have to hold onto our values and our rights and at the moment the situation for Luka is that he is under club discipline.

"Unfortunately for him he's going to have to be fined for the club for not being present.

"He's a player who has offered so much for Tottenham so we also have a sense of respect for what he has done over here for us but the chairman feels the fact he is not present is not common professional behaviour.

"Hopefully the situation can be solved in either of two ways, those being that the clubs' interest meets the demands of Tottenham regarding the player's value or the player continues and returns to club duty."

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Manchester City
Posts : 38951
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Mr Agile - Luka Modric

Post by Die Borussen on Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:08 am

he returned to training with Tottenham Neutral


Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 3442
Join date : 2012-01-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Mr Agile - Luka Modric

Post by Onyx on Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:37 pm

Real Madrid appear to be the only club both interested in Modric and willing to pay such a high transfer fee, and Los Blancos' No.2 Karanka confirmed that the Spurs ace is firmly on their radar.

"Tell me a club that wouldn't want a player like him," Karanka said. "He's a very talented player who had a great European Championship. It's clear he would fit in at Madrid."

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Manchester City
Posts : 38951
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Mr Agile - Luka Modric

Post by Babun on Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:42 pm

Santi Cazorla would fit even more and he costs half of Modric' price tag. I don't get the Modric obsession.

_________________
avatar
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6066
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Mr Agile - Luka Modric

Post by FalcaoPunch on Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:43 pm

Me no want Modric.
avatar
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 4073
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Mr Agile - Luka Modric

Post by LeVersacci on Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:09 pm

Yeah ffs just buy Cazorla...

_________________
avatar
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 11947
Join date : 2011-09-05
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Mr Agile - Luka Modric

Post by Onyx on Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:03 pm

Modric apparently apologised to Levy and trained with Spurs yesterday.

---------------

Di Maria:

Following his side's 5-1 pre-season win over Oviedo, Di Maria told reporters: "Hopefully Modric will come. He's a player I love, but it's not my decision."

The Argentine also commented on the future of Madrid team-mate Kaka, after AC Milan CEO Adriano Galliani fuelled speculation of a potential San Siro return for the Brazil international.

"I've seen him very happy, sure that everything will be fixed," Di Maria said.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Manchester City
Posts : 38951
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Mr Agile - Luka Modric

Post by FalcaoPunch on Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:36 pm

I'd love Cazorla instead
avatar
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 4073
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Mr Agile - Luka Modric

Post by Error on Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:21 pm

Why do we need to buy anyone? It's not like we are lacking depth in offense even if Kaka leaves. We are already benching Higuain, Callejon, Sahin, Granero and Jese, but still majority wants another offensive player... and then you complain that we don't use our own youths :facepalm:
avatar
Error
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Posts : 367
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Mr Agile - Luka Modric

Post by FennecFox7 on Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:23 pm

I think we need a good fix in midfield though ^ Whether it be modric, sahin, or carzola

_________________

FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 5995
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 21

Back to top Go down

Re: Mr Agile - Luka Modric

Post by Error on Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:53 pm

You don't pay +20 for a squad player who is just for rotation... otherwise we have another "Kaka case" in our hands where player has no confidence, has to satisfy with fringe minutes and leeching huge wages.

Cazorla - Can't cover or play in Alonso's or Khedira's position. No idea why he is even brought up as alternative. He would compete with Özil and Di Maria. But it would mean that Callejon and Jese are ostracized.
Sahin - Could play in midfield, but requires another player than Alonso next to him which is not Modric.
Modric - Same as Sahin, but ridiculously overpriced and unneeded atm. Why buy something we already have in Sahin? He is not a wonderkid, doesn't have any special abilities we need and isn't even a worldwide known star who could bring endless amount of cash.

And then we have Granero, who could play in Khedira's and Özil's position. But same as Sahin, a guy who needs a proper defensive player next to him. Alex is also waiting in line in Castilla and buying Modric is just one huge middle finger towards to him. Just like buying Cazorla is to Callejon, Jese and Sarabia.

So I ask again, for what we exactly need Modric (or Cazorla)? Just because we are rich doesn't mean we need to be a stupid in our transfer policy.
avatar
Error
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Posts : 367
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Mr Agile - Luka Modric

Post by Onyx on Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:58 pm

Alonso isn't going to be around forever, so once he leaves/becomes an experienced bench player, we can play 4-3-3 with Modric and Sahin.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Manchester City
Posts : 38951
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Mr Agile - Luka Modric

Post by Error on Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:07 pm

Sureeeeeee..... you can kid yourself Laughing

FYI, Xabi is 30 (soon 31) and can play a couple more seasons, but guess what? Modric is almost 27! Which means by the time Xabi retires Modric is already "old" and you guys will be then again screaming a new young midfielder, because "Modric isn't going to around forever".

How about we start worrying about a new CM once Alonso is close to retiring or his form has dropped? We don't really need to buy in store and I could bet there are going to be much better, younger and interesting CM's in 2-4 years than Modric, when we really need one.
avatar
Error
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Posts : 367
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Mr Agile - Luka Modric

Post by Onyx on Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:21 pm

Sahin will be on the bench for a few years too?

Also I think we could play a 4-3-3 with Alonso, Khedira and Modric. Modric would be a better option for it since he's better at attacking than Sahin.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Manchester City
Posts : 38951
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Mr Agile - Luka Modric

Post by Die Borussen on Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:43 pm

obviously Error knows more than mourinho..

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 3442
Join date : 2012-01-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Mr Agile - Luka Modric

Post by Error on Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:23 pm

mtfootball wrote:Sahin will be on the bench for a few years too?

Also I think we could play a 4-3-3 with Alonso, Khedira and Modric. Modric would be a better option for it since he's better at attacking than Sahin.
1. Sahin is younger than Modric by 3 years which means more years to reap the benefits.
2. I don't think Modric is better than Sahin. I would actually say that Sahin is much more complete than Modric. I could also bring up that Modric isn't worth 25-40m€ MORE than Sahin or do you disagree?
3. I seriously hope he won't still sit on the bench in few years because that would be really stupid move by Mou. But why bring extra "obstacles" to make sure of that?
4. I doubt Mou is going to change suddenly to 4-3-3 when whole team is built for 4-2-3-1. But if he happens to change then we why we couldn't play 4-3-3 with Alonso-Sahin-Khedira just as well and save 40m€ at the same time?

deadrave wrote:obviously Error knows more than mourinho..
Of course I do and are you seriously trying to tell me that Mou is flawless and don't make mistakes? Just admit it, you just don't like the fact that someone doesn't think it's a good idea to bring player you love and gloat about. So how about you suck it up or actually bring good arguments in the table why we need him and debunk my arguments. Or am I asking too much from you?
avatar
Error
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Posts : 367
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Mr Agile - Luka Modric

Post by Babun on Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:30 pm

@Error wrote:You don't pay +20 for a squad player who is just for rotation... otherwise we have another "Kaka case" in our hands where player has no confidence, has to satisfy with fringe minutes and leeching huge wages.

Cazorla - Can't cover or play in Alonso's or Khedira's position. No idea why he is even brought up as alternative. He would compete with Özil and Di Maria. But it would mean that Callejon and Jese are ostracized.
Sahin - Could play in midfield, but requires another player than Alonso next to him which is not Modric.
Modric - Same as Sahin, but ridiculously overpriced and unneeded atm. Why buy something we already have in Sahin? He is not a wonderkid, doesn't have any special abilities we need and isn't even a worldwide known star who could bring endless amount of cash.

And then we have Granero, who could play in Khedira's and Özil's position. But same as Sahin, a guy who needs a proper defensive player next to him. Alex is also waiting in line in Castilla and buying Modric is just one huge middle finger towards to him. Just like buying Cazorla is to Callejon, Jese and Sarabia.

So I ask again, for what we exactly need Modric (or Cazorla)? Just because we are rich doesn't mean we need to be a stupid in our transfer policy.
The players marked red, none of them could play CM in a double pivot. If they're brought it'll be for a 4-3-3 or 4-3-1-2 formation. Di Maria would be the victim. Background is that we lack control in many games in the middle of the park. An offensive minded midfielder is needed to impose ourselves more. Neither Khedira nor Xabi nor Sahin are advanced ACMs or CMs. I don't think Modric or Cazorla signing would change anything in central midfield because they simply can't play there in 4-2-3-1.
avatar
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6066
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Mr Agile - Luka Modric

Post by Onyx on Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:33 pm

1. Yes Sahin is younger, however I don't think age matters when we want instant success. Obviously age matters if lets say they're 30 or something or too young, but yeh..

2. Sahin I think is more of an alternative to Alonso. Modric is better attacking wise imo. Sahin was a bargain for us, Modric isn't going to be, that's why there's a price difference.

3. So who would Sahin start over?

4. Again, I think Sahin is more of an Alonso type player. Modric is better B2B and better attacking wise. He would suit a 4-3-3 more, at least with Khedira.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Manchester City
Posts : 38951
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Mr Agile - Luka Modric

Post by Error on Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:44 pm

Dolce Vita wrote:
@Error wrote:You don't pay +20 for a squad player who is just for rotation... otherwise we have another "Kaka case" in our hands where player has no confidence, has to satisfy with fringe minutes and leeching huge wages.

Cazorla - Can't cover or play in Alonso's or Khedira's position. No idea why he is even brought up as alternative. He would compete with Özil and Di Maria. But it would mean that Callejon and Jese are ostracized.
Sahin - Could play in midfield, but requires another player than Alonso next to him which is not Modric.
Modric - Same as Sahin, but ridiculously overpriced and unneeded atm. Why buy something we already have in Sahin? He is not a wonderkid, doesn't have any special abilities we need and isn't even a worldwide known star who could bring endless amount of cash.

And then we have Granero, who could play in Khedira's and Özil's position. But same as Sahin, a guy who needs a proper defensive player next to him. Alex is also waiting in line in Castilla and buying Modric is just one huge middle finger towards to him. Just like buying Cazorla is to Callejon, Jese and Sarabia.

So I ask again, for what we exactly need Modric (or Cazorla)? Just because we are rich doesn't mean we need to be a stupid in our transfer policy.
The players marked red, none of them could play CM in a double pivot. If they're brought it'll be for a 4-3-3 or 4-3-1-2 formation. Di Maria would be the victim. Background is that we lack control in many games in the middle of the park. An offensive minded midfielder is needed to impose ourselves more. Neither Khedira nor Xabi nor Sahin are advanced ACMs or CMs. I don't think Modric or Cazorla signing would change anything in central midfield because they simply can't play there in 4-2-3-1.
Sahin (CM) played with Bender (DM) double pivot in Dormund's 4-2-3-1 and Modric (CM) did the same thing with Parker (DM) in Tottenham's 4-4-1/4-2-3-1. So it could work for us too, but not when the other player is Alonso or Khedira (NOT DM's!). Neither of them are Alonso-esque player, who like to play a little bit rough and tackle while having good offensive abilities. They are more like a poorman's Xavi.

And have I never said Cazorla could play double pivot and I have never seen him playing there, which is why I said he would compete with Özil or Di Maria.
avatar
Error
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Posts : 367
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Mr Agile - Luka Modric

Post by Die Borussen on Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:01 pm

i havent even watched a single game of modric playing you tard
im not a fan of him and certainly would not give a shit for him if it wasnt for mou wanting to get him

there is a reason mou is coach of madrid and you are here arguing with ordinary human beings on a football forum

im tired of people like you who think that know everything

pretty sure before we signed ozil or di maria your first words were
Why DO we need di maria? why do we neeeed ozil??? Just because we are rich doesn't mean we need to be a stupid in our transfer policy bla bla bla

smh :facepalm:




Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 3442
Join date : 2012-01-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Mr Agile - Luka Modric

Post by Error on Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:13 pm

mtfootball wrote:1. Yes Sahin is younger, however I don't think age matters when we want instant success. Obviously age matters if lets say they're 30 or something or too young, but yeh..

2. Sahin I think is more of an alternative to Alonso. Modric is better attacking wise imo. Sahin was a bargain for us, Modric isn't going to be, that's why there's a price difference.

3. So who would Sahin start over?

4. Again, I think Sahin is more of an Alonso type player. Modric is better B2B and better attacking wise. He would suit a 4-3-3 more, at least with Khedira.
1. Modric is not an instant success buy either. He is not magically going to start ahead of Alonso, Khedira, Özil or Di Maria. He doesn't compliment Khedira or Alonso, can't play in Di Maria's position. Özil is better than him. And do you want to a buy a player and make all our starters to adjust just for the new guy?

2. The thing is Sahin is not really a copy of Alonso. He used to play with pure DM in Dortmund which allowed him to roam forward more. Playing Sahin in Alonso's role would be same if Barca would throw Xavi to Biscuits role, not going to work well. What does price matter? Kaka is sitting on bench while Özil is playing week in week out. We should be happy that we got quality player for a bargain price, not shun him and get more expensive player and think he is better just because he costs more.

3. Atm? probably no one, because of the way we play. But do we need to spend 40m€ on Modric just to make whole case even more ridiculous? This is why it's good that Sahin was cheaper and younger than Modric. If we say that Alonso retires/leaves RM in two years Sahin is 25 and Modric 29. Other is just entering his prime age while other has been there a couple years. It shouldn't be a hard to decide which is better to have, player with 5-8 years at top level or player with 2-4 years.

4. Sahin is CM just like Modric and both need defensive player to help them in double pivot. Otherwise it's not going to work well.
avatar
Error
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Posts : 367
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Mr Agile - Luka Modric

Post by Error on Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:29 pm

deadrave wrote:i havent even watched a single game of modric playing you tard
im not a fan of him and certainly would not give a shit for him if it wasnt for mou wanting to get him

there is a reason mou is coach of madrid and you are here arguing with ordinary human beings on a football forum

im tired of people like you who think that know everything

pretty sure before we signed ozil or di maria your first words were
Why DO we need di maria? why do we neeeed ozil??? Just because we are rich doesn't mean we need to be a stupid in our transfer policy bla bla bla

smh :facepalm:



So I need to be a coach of RM to be good enough to give my opinions on some random football forums? Good to know. Then let me join the braindead Mou worshippers:
:bow: All hail the flawless Mou! :bow: The one who does no wrong! :bow:

But you're actually right about Di Maria, but not Özil. Why? Because I'm always up for good quality player bargains. I still think there are better options out there than Di Maria, but does it mean that we should go out and splash +40m€ for e.g. Hazard or Götze when the damage is already done? No. But you Greeks don't even care how you spend your money, like we all have seen, so its not a surprise that you think we should just spend 40m€ on something that we already have.
avatar
Error
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Posts : 367
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Mr Agile - Luka Modric

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum