Swanhends
dmize
Le Samourai
The Franchise
Blue Barrett
25 posters

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 5 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread

Post by The Franchise Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:38 pm

Hill is making the right move.

For the Clippers, he is going to be an important player and play an important role with pretty good minutes.

For the Lakers, he will barely get notice.

Its not about ring chasing, its about the best mix of good team and importance to that team.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 5 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread

Post by Le Samourai Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:48 pm

His role won't be bigger not at alll.....

Caron is going to start and theres a decent chance Lamar plays some minutes at the 3 as well, I'm confident he would get his minutes with LA.There's actually a good chance he'd start.

As for role, I dunno he was going to be a shooter and defender...maybe he will be more than that for the Clips but I doubt it.

On to the next one I guess, Courtney Lee and Brandon Rush at the top of my list :bow:
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:35 pm

Odom isnt a 3 anymore, you need to get that out your head my friend lol

The league is faster than his days at the 3 and everyone is going small. He wont ever see that position again. He is a great post defender at times, on the perimeter he is below average. Makes no sense seeing him there again.

Caron's career has been injured plagued, I expect more of the same.

Hill's play making, defence and leadership are all holes that need filling for them so I see his niche straight away.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by tonger Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:38 pm

their ability to contend will depend on whether chris paul stays or goes to nyc, as well as how fast and how much blakie is gonna improve over the next 2 yrs. they definitely have ALOT of depth, especially in the backcourt though.

i thought grant was a good fit for LA myself, played with nash, proved he can still score a bit, played with nash obviosuly, and decent defender for the 2 or 3. and given lakers lack of depth at 3, its woulda worked for both parties.

hows ebank coming along? didnt really watch too much regular season laker games last yr.
tonger
tonger
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:41 pm

So it looks like it's official that the Knicks won't be matching Lin.

Lin/Machado
Lamb/Martin
Parsons/White
Motiejunas/Jones
Asik/Patterson

Lot of potential in that lineup, I don't think Motie is ready to play C, and if Asik comes I think they'll move him to PF
Need to deal Martin soon, it's pretty clear Lamb will surpass him quickly

Last edited by dmize on Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:41 pm

Odom at the 3 was magical Sad Point Forward :bow: best passer in the league at his position by far :bow:

He's depending on a Caron injury....ok...I see that, but I mean other than leadership, he's not getting a bigger role thee, Caron is a great defender...good shooter , similar to him.

We'll see.

On Lin ...Laughing

I'd take Martin BTW Martin for Blake straight swap Very Happy.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:44 pm

I doubt Hill wants to fight with Artest for the exact same role.

Primary defender of the best winger scorer on the other team, part time offensive player who has no role but shooting corner jumpers.

Clippers have much less options out on the floor, he will get much more freedon and scope within the offence when hes out on the floor.

Hill is also a excellent play maker/point forward at this stage of his career, which involves handelling the ball quite alot. Something he simply can never do with Bynum, Nash, Kobe and Pau.

For the Clippers, he can do that and take some pressure of Paul. Also he brings leadership to that squad. A role Billups played till he went down before the post season.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:46 pm

Le Samourai wrote:Odom at the 3 was magical Sad Point Forward :bow: best passer in the league at his position by far :bow:

He's depending on a Caron injury....ok...I see that, but I mean other than leadership, he's not getting a bigger role thee, Caron is a great defender...good shooter , similar to him.

We'll see.

On Lin ...Laughing

No, not just depending on his injury. Like I said, he provides things they dont have.

Martin? I believe he is an expiring? We can get much more than that scrub Blake.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:52 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:Odom at the 3 was magical Sad Point Forward :bow: best passer in the league at his position by far :bow:

We'll see.

On Lin ...Laughing

No, not just depending on his injury. Like I said, he provides things they dont have.

Martin? I believe he is an expiring? We can get much more than that scrub Blake.

You guys have been looking for an enforcer ever since Mad Max, Stevie is the answer to these woes,

You have a point, but again, Odom is basically a point Forward and they also got Crwaford (serious ball stopper) and they brought back Billups.

So his playmaking responsibility is gonna be very little.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:57 pm

LOL right

We will have to see about Hill.

I am fairly confident he is going to get a whole lot more scope not playin for the team with Nash, Kobe, Pau and Bynum.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:43 pm

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 5 Tumblr_m7b7ukguzu1r2khhjo1_400

Anthony Davis :bow:
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:48 pm

^ Yeah, I saw that, welcome to the NBA. He'll learn there's no reason to leave your feet in that situation.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:30 am

Rockets continue to impress me, Motiejuanas is fantastic, once he puts on some muscle...damn....

Lamb is playing decent again as well and I'm in love with White, he's going to be a triple double guy, although he needs to be more assertive and aggressive, he's so big , strong and athletic he should take more shots.

But Motie :bow:

That freaking 45 foot underhanded pass and then that freaking no look behind the back....F*ck me, Royce White :bow:
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:47 am

Rockets defense next season. Laughing

They'll be the new Thunder though. :bow:
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:29 am

If they get Asik their defense should be fine, besides PG that is

Asik - Above average defender
Parsons - great defender
Lamb - Above average defender

edit: NBATV not showing the Rockets-Blazers until 1am, da fuq
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:29 pm

I would actually say Asik is an elite defender, or at least top 10 in his position. Cant do anything else, but that he can do.

In my haste I stupidly overlooked something so basic about him and Lin's contracts. To me, rethinking it over, both are fantastic deals.

Both players, the first 2 years of their deal they can live up to and be worth.
Lin is like 5m a year, he is easily going to be value for that. 8M I believe Asik is for the first 2 years. He is that good defensively, I think he will live up to it. The Bulls defensively were better when he was out there vs Noah, he can clearly play that side of the ball.

And each of their contracts, I was too busy crying about how much they are getting paid in them and how Lin will get more than Rondo and everything else.

Its irrelevant. Worse case scenario, neither live up to the that sort of money in their 3rd years, they become two of the very best expiring contracts in the league. That alone makes it worth it, expiring deals are such valuable commodities, they can be flipped for some major talent.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:31 pm

Forget say, while I do think Asik is a great defender, I still dont think we will be good defensively. Rookies are never much (if any) above average while im not so hopefully for the rest of the bunch. Last year we was horrible defensively, im not sure McHale knows how to improve us on that end of the floor.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:48 pm

MSG is bleeding money, I read they lost 90 million so far, I think it's safe to say Lin is going to repay every penny of his contract and more.

On the defense, don't think it'll be that bad Motiejuanas is mobile and long , once he gives some degree of effort he'll protect the paint.The backcourt is terrible, but you have alot of forwards so I can see you guys being aggressive defensively with them, and McHale can help there.

Also

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 5 OBSyL

rofl
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:02 pm

*bleep* you nigga loooool

Im on the floor

Anyway, crazy NY fans. They would of all jumped on that contract like no tommorow.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:12 pm

There's more Laughing

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:18 pm

LOL dats cold...clowing on Felton.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:35 pm

Why do people keep comparing contracts to Rondo's? It's more of a case of Rondo being underpaid than anything tbh.

Still can't believe we let the most marketable player in the NBA go for absolutely nothing. That's just disgraceful.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:09 pm

lol what you on about, New York had to let him go after Lin signed that ridiculous offer sheet backloaded with some crazy money.

NY are better off with Felton and Kidd anyways.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:10 pm

And next season is going to be kickkinngg, especially since my Raps pulled off some good moves this summer.

It'll be good to have playoff basketball again, even though I'm sure it will be shortlived.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:17 pm

The Franchise wrote:*bleep* you nigga loooool

Im on the floor

Cosign. I actually managed to read most of the comments and that last one was by far the greatest one Thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:54 pm

Amar wrote:lol what you on about, New York had to let him go after Lin signed that ridiculous offer sheet backloaded with some crazy money.

NY are better off with Felton and Kidd anyways.

Laughing

We're no better off than we were last season.

Felton is mediocre at best and was happy to admit he knowingly comes into training camps overweight. He was a cancer at Portland last season, Lin is a far better player with greater upside.

Kidd is no better than last years B Diddy at this point of his career.

Prigioni or whatever is a 35 year old rookie ffs Laughing

Shump blew out his knee and we have know idea how that injury will affect him while Fields is gone.

Novak isn't going to be getting open shots without Lin's penetration.

Camby is still a great shot blocker but Miami or Boston aren't going to be worried about him.

Amar'e is past it & Melo is still the biggest loser in NBA history.

We have no future draft picks or young talent to develop since the Melo-trade.

We're basically screwed.

Miami game planned for Lin and went out of their way to shut his arse down. anytime you can get a team to game plan for you, it gives you options to counter

With Melo, Spoelstra only needs to send Battier to guard him and he isn't going to be beating any teams shooting 45%.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next