Swanhends
dmize
Le Samourai
The Franchise
Blue Barrett
25 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 39 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread

Post by vizkosity Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:18 pm

suddenly my celtics don't look so bad now :3
can't wait till Mr. Double Tripple returns D:

vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 39 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread

Post by Le Samourai Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:37 pm

The Franchise wrote:Do Lakers fans miss Bynum yet? I know I would.

He doesnt do what advertised, your defending worse not better...then add his mechnical offence and brick laying Free Throws...

I am starting to feel sorry for Pau. Benched for Jamison while Howard isnt doing anything at C worth keeping him in the game.

I'm not sure I miss Bynum, but the slow grind it out style is certainly better and more practical than this gimmick offense. It will be better when Nash comes back and spoon feeds him.

Then all of a sudden he'll be the best C in the league again lol.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:40 pm

Rather have Kwame Brown on my team that watching Andrew Bynum and his hair on the bench all year
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:40 pm

Freeza wrote:Rather have Kwame Brown on my team that watching Andrew Bynum and his hair on the bench all year

This. There's no guarantee Bynum will play this season, or play ever again for that matter. Lakers knew he was damaged goods, at least Philly isn't locked into him longterm.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:59 pm

True. But does anyone get the impression that somehow if Bynum never left he wouldnt of been hurt?

I know its not logical, but it just seems like it lol

Anyway, what I was saying was somewhat in jest. But for sure Howard hasnt been a success to this point.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:26 pm

D'Antoni's up tempo system plays right into Miami's hands Laughing
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:44 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:D'Antoni's up tempo system plays right into Miami's hands Laughing

I agree. Everyone, or at least many think that the Lakers up and running would beat Miami because of their size but I disagree.

Yes, Howard and Pau on paper are a mismatch for Battier and Bosh. However, if you get into a running game with Miami, they are younger, quicker at every position, have better transition finishers and now have way more depth.

Allen on the break spotting up for 3's, Lebron is a train when he has space, Wade is still effective when not missing lay ups and Bosh runs the floor very well.

If the Lakers played a slow down game with Pau in the post finding cutters then yes, I think the Lakers could possibly win. But up tempo and more importantly, with this poor defensively structure...the Heat would love it.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:14 am

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 39 Byron-mullens

damn

plus Kemba gave Lillard that work in the 1st half. 17, 5 and 2 steals.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:36 am

smh @ Mr. Big Flop. He's not back 2 full games yet and flopping for GW's.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:01 pm

That white guy throwing it down from the dotted line.....goddamn LOL

Move out the way LMA!
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:08 pm

Court side at the bulls tonight thanks to my employer. Anyone watching?
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:59 pm

Pacers/Bulls? I'll probably check it out for a few if it's on WGN, not many games on. Lakers-Rockets/Thunder-Nets are the only 2 good ones on tonight.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:01 am

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--nola-hornets-to-change-nickname-to-pelicans-231227843.html

I thought it was a joke when I first read it.

edit: im dying at this fan-made logo rofl http://farm9.static.flickr.com/8152/6996117668_6e890fd0df_o.jpg
if that cute pelican doesn't strike fear into their opponents, nothing will

At least now the name will hopefully go back to where it belongs: the Charlotte Hornets.

Mourning, LJ, Muggsy Bogues, Dell Curry, Kendall Gill. They had a sick team that year.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:52 am

LOL Pelicans.....really.

And agree, that team was fantastic. Bogoues was the ultimate annoyance on both ends and LJ and Zo were legit all star players
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:10 am

Its funny though, it used to be the Minneapolis Lakers because of the great Lakes of Sota, the Detroit Pistons because its the motor City and I am sure if I think about it there are some others.

But what the heck does Pelicans got to do with anything?

Someone cracked me up on another forum, saying on this same subject shouldnt they be the New Orleans "Cajuns"? LOL

Someone else went too far and suggested New Orleans Hurricans.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:29 am

I guess it's the state bird of Louisiana. I don't know what the other options were, but there had to be something better.

And it would never happen but they should take the Jazz name from Utah, it actually makes sense in New Orleans.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:55 am

Yeah people were saying Jazz, or Blues even.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:31 am

Heat lose to the Wizards rofl rofl rofl

Tbh, I'm happy they lost this one. They've been playing some really LAZY basketball the entire season. Always managing to squeak through and snatch a late W. I hope this wakes them up. Its as if they're just playing with their eyes set on the playoffs and its just DECEMBER ffs :facepalm:
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:40 am

Westbrook is one of my least fav players, he in my top 5 most hated easily.

Who takes 12-15 seconds from the clock for two possessions in a row just holding the ball on the perimeter...and a point guard no less smh

Trying to find an angle to get it to Durant, it wasnt on, move the ball to someone else ffs.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:18 pm

We beat the Lakers, I would celebrate but they might not be better than us LOOOL

Shall I pick on Howard again? Mention he brick laying at the FT line? Nah, whats the point, its what he does lol

No Pau, whos to blame now?

Pau is not the problem. He is playing like crap, no doubt about it, he is still soft and flails about too much...but he isnt the reason the Lakers arent a Championship level team.

Defence, outside shooting and the whole composition of the offence are much bigger problems than any individual player.

Then when we go into individual players....Pau still isnt the biggest problem in my eyes.

They better hope Nash has found the magic youth elixir of Tim Duncan, Jason Kidd and Kevin Garnett.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:50 pm

Lakes losing, me so happy. :bow: :bow: rofl
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:47 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:Heat lose to the Wizards rofl rofl rofl

Tbh, I'm happy they lost this one. They've been playing some really LAZY basketball the entire season. Always managing to squeak through and snatch a late W. I hope this wakes them up. Its as if they're just playing with their eyes set on the playoffs and its just DECEMBER ffs :facepalm:

LeBron :facepalm:
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:00 pm

The Franchise wrote:
They better hope Nash has found the magic youth elixir of Tim Duncan, Jason Kidd and Kevin Garnett.

This. I wasn't going to say anything about LA until Nash got back, but with the problems they have, Nash can't fix all of them. He's gunna have to guide them to about 125 every game.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:04 pm

In a sense I'm comforted by the complete lack of effort on defense because I can live in the hope they will all just snap out of it. I mean I know for a fact everyone can play better defense than this (especially Kobe and Howard).

But someone needs to pickup ball handlers and outlets full court. Defense isn't even getting time to set itself up.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:03 am

According to ESPN Stats & Information, Howard has taken nearly half of the Lakers' free throws in crunch time situations (defined as the last five minutes of a fourth quarter or overtime when the score margin is five points or fewer) and has converted on only 44 percent of his attempts. The rest of the Lakers have combined to shoot 68 percent.

And the problem goes beyond crunch time. Howard has been fouled so much this season it has affected the Lakers' entire offensive flow, killing momentum and stifling pace.

How much more are teams fouling Howard than any other player in the league? Howard has taken 203 free throws. Kevin Durant has the second-most attempts at 165. How many more free throws has he missed than any other player in the league? He has missed 108. The Clippers' Blake Griffin is second, with 32 misses.

According to ESPN Stats & Information, O'Neal made 52 percent of his free throws in crunch time situations during the playoffs. He battled it because it deeply bothered him. Because it embarrassed him and shook him enough that he recognized it was a problem, and that the Lakers couldn't win titles if he didn't get it together.

Perhaps the most telling series came in the 2000 Western Conference Finals when then-Portland coach Mike Dunleavy put O'Neal on the line a staggering 27 times in Game 1. It almost worked as O'Neal missed six in a row in the fourth quarter and seemed visibly shaken. But then he got it together and made six in a row to close out the 109-94 win. The Blazers continued to punish O'Neal and the Lakers with the tactic throughout the series and it worked. But when it mattered in Game 7, O'Neal came through, hitting 8 of 12 free throws, including two that tied the score at 77 with 2:44 to play.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:07 am

The most puzzling thing about Dwights FT shooting to me is... the guy has gotten worse every single season. He shot 68% his first year I believe, and declined every year since. What are him and Chuck Person doing in practice?

edit: year by year: 67%, 60%, 59%, 59%, 59%, 59%, 60%, 49%, and now this season 44%
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next