How impressive do you think the next generation of consoles will be?

+4
Soul
pUsHa
Blue Barrett
Onyx
8 posters

Go down

How impressive do you think the next generation of consoles will be? Empty How impressive do you think the next generation of consoles will be?

Post by Onyx Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:27 pm

How impressive do you think the next generation of consoles will be?

PS4, XBOX 720?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

How impressive do you think the next generation of consoles will be? Empty Re: How impressive do you think the next generation of consoles will be?

Post by Blue Barrett Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:39 pm

No idea, mate. I thought nothing could beat Sega back then. Then I thought nothing could beat PS1. Then I thought nothing could beat PS2. I haven't got the slightest clue when it comes to predicting these Laughing
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

How impressive do you think the next generation of consoles will be? Empty Re: How impressive do you think the next generation of consoles will be?

Post by pUsHa Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:44 pm

The biggest difference will be that the next Box and PS will support 1080p . The graphics will be a little better , but it wont be a big jump as it was from the last generation to the present . Developers like what they can do now , they don't invest a lot , but do get lots of money back .
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:12 pm

I don't even play games on my console anymore so I wouldn't care

I just watch foxtel, use it as a Media hub lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:46 am

I'm afraid that they might go all out on cloud storage and abandon CDs altogether like Steam

That'd suck
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:49 am

I think we will see the biggest jump from one generation to the next that we have ever seen.. I don't remember the last time it took this many years for the new Playstation and XBOX to be released

I hope the actual gameplay graphics look like the cut-scene graphics lol

LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:51 am

I don't think they're done getting the best out of the current generation consoles.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:47 pm

I've never been impressed by the current gen because of the graphics bottleneck (Cryengine 2 is still the best engine out and it'a approaching 5 years of age now)

but this turns me on:

Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:09 pm

Phritz wrote:I've never been impressed by the current gen because of the graphics bottleneck (Cryengine 2 is still the best engine out and it'a approaching 5 years of age now)

but this turns me on:

That turned me on, as well.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:51 am

Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't processors both in PCs and consoles got a little stuck to 3Ghz or just a little higher? I did no research on this before posting, but just an impression I've got. I bought my computer in 2006 and this processor is 3.06Ghz and most computers I've been randomly looking at in the past couple of years still offer around 3Ghz processors. And as far as I remember PS3's processor is something like 3Ghz as well.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:09 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:I don't think they're done getting the best out of the current generation consoles.

Did we ever see something like this on PS3? The animation of her facial expressions looks more realistic than what I'm used to seeing on PS3. Anyways, I'm pretty sure they haven't gotten the best out of the current generation consoles, like you say. Particularly the expensive, advanced PS3 hardware that developers never really understood how to take full advantage of, from what I've read about it.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down