MindGames7
McLewis
Onyx
54 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Ronaldo vs Messi - Page 2 Empty Re: Ronaldo vs Messi

Post by Mamad Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:30 am

Agree with everything Dani and Jibers said.

The only reason people compare this 2 are goals. but you have to look at every aspect of their game.

Messi is better at every single basic thing of the game. and by basic i mean Ball control, Dribbling, Vision and Passing, Finishing.

There is debates for Messi being the best at history but for Ronaldo there is debate between some fans if he is Madrid's best player or not. i think it shows the reality.

and you all know i was a Ronaldo fan ( not a Ronaldo fan, a Madrid's best player fan ) but after flopping right and left in big games and by looking really carefully at his performances i figured he is not what i thought and wanted him to be.

At the end there is only goals for comparing them and for last 2-3 seasons Messi has scored more goals than Ronaldo. so there is no debate imo. messi is way better.

Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MindGames7 Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:32 am

Mamad wrote:( not a Ronaldo fan, a Madrid's best player fan )

Real Madrid's best players are Ricardo Carvalho and Xabi Alonso. Ozil is their best attacker.

Ronaldo is nothing more than their most exciting player.
MindGames7
MindGames7
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:37 am

MindGames7 wrote:
Mamad wrote:( not a Ronaldo fan, a Madrid's best player fan )

Real Madrid's best players are Ricardo Carvalho and Xabi Alonso. Ozil is their best attacker.

Ronaldo is nothing more than their most exciting player.

Oh God. Alonso and Ricardo Madrids best players...:facepalm: Alonso may be though Ricardo isn't... Casillas, Ronaldo, Ozil, Alonso, Ramos are my five important players in Madrid

Last edited by The Sanchez on Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:38 am

Alonso is the most important. Ozil and Benzema in big games are the ones.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:40 am

Mamad wrote:Alonso is the most important. Ozil and Benzema in big games are the ones.

I edited my post. Alonso is a key though Ricardo isn;t...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MindGames7 Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:06 am

Ricardo isn't key because Pepe and Ramos are great backups, but Carvalho is your best defender.
MindGames7
MindGames7
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:10 am

Dude carvalho isn't even a starter. you should watch Madrid games more.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MindGames7 Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:26 am

Mamad wrote:Dude carvalho isn't even a starter. you should watch Madrid games more.

Yes he is, he's been their first choice defender from the moment he signed up until he got his back injury earlier this season, and he didn't make many appearances after that. But I'm sure that he'll have returned to full fitness in pre-season then he'll be back at the heart of Madrid's defence next season. The season before that he was class.
MindGames7
MindGames7
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:11 pm

MindGames7 wrote:
Mamad wrote:Dude carvalho isn't even a starter. you should watch Madrid games more.

Yes he is, he's been their first choice defender from the moment he signed up until he got his back injury earlier this season, and he didn't make many appearances after that. But I'm sure that he'll have returned to full fitness in pre-season then he'll be back at the heart of Madrid's defence next season. The season before that he was class.

I rather Varane than the fool. Anyway, can we get back to topic...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:08 pm

They're the best in the world no doubt, but Messi is something else. He has a bit(only a bit) over Ronaldo, but that thing separates him from the portuguese.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:56 pm

Kizu wrote:They're the best in the world no doubt, but Messi is something else. He has a bit(only a bit) over Ronaldo, but that thing separates him from the portuguese.

I think in terms of total number of goals scored, ONLY A BIT SEPARATES THEM.

In everything else, I agree, having this debate is frankly, a bit offensive to Messi. CR7 is a great goal scorer and thats it. Messi on the other hand is a pass master, very creative, very mature in his game and in addition a better goal-scorer than ronaldo.

I laugh when people say. "Both of them are great and just have different styles". As if they are equals.

C'mon now. Afro
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:04 pm

Ronaldo's passing, vision and creativity are very underrated.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by StevieRayVaughan Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:06 pm

I always have these discussions with my frnds, and we always say to ourselves if we could be any footballer, then who would we be? I personally prefer Ronaldo's style and I think thats the kind of footballer I would be. Just a complete package. Ronaldo just has that power in his game.

I keep hearing from people that Ronaldo doesnt add anything else in the team rather than scoring, and that is such a stupid statement to make. Apart from the countless assists, taking goal scoring pressure away from Benzema/Higuain, making great runs to free up space for other players, taking the constant pressure of the opponents is so valuable to R.Madrid.

Just because Messi is better than him doesnt mean Ronaldo isnt that great. Messi might be 9/10, but Ronaldo is comfortably 8/10 or 8.5.

Messi is one of my fav players, and I think he is better. I just dont think the gap between the two is huge. Plus, I dont think people should post stats without backing it up. I really dont trust some of the stats posted in this thread.

StevieRayVaughan
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Southampton

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:06 pm

Another one and your warning level goes down to 0%

Last edited by Jack Daniels on Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:32 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Unnecessary, troll post)
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:03 pm

Ronnie's more complete overall and that's what does it for me. Can score and has scored in more or less any situation presented to him.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:06 pm

A lot of people tend to say Ronaldo's more complete, because he's stronger, good at heading, free kicks etc. However for me a complete player is someone who's good at passing, finishing, link play etc. Basically good on the ball. Someone who provides a lot on the ball.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:51 pm

Kizu wrote:Ronaldo's passing, vision and creativity are very underrated.

But Messis passing, vision and creativity are 5x better than Ronaldo. Come on bro smoking
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:38 am

The Sanchez wrote:

But Messis passing, vision and creativity are 5x better than Ronaldo. Come on bro smoking

Ozil's passing and vision is better than Ronaldo's and Messi's, that means he is a better player ?

Messi's the best dribbler in the world no doubt about that, but in every other category there is player better than him. There are better finishers out there, passers etc, but Messi and Ronaldo are the best in the world because when they have the ball there are 2+ players around them, that's what separates them from other players.

That's my honest opinion. drinking
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:04 am

Jibers, Ronaldo is easily one of the fastest players off the mark and one of the fastest in the world pure speed wise. Those defenders were actually just good enough to position themselves in a good way. You can't argue with pure times either, ronaldo is very fast like it or not. It's how you use that speed. Walcott looked dumb at times vs slow defenders.

StevieRayVaughan wrote:I always have these discussions with my frnds, and we always say to ourselves if we could be any footballer, then who would we be? I personally prefer Ronaldo's style and I think thats the kind of footballer I would be. Just a complete package. Ronaldo just has that power in his game.

I keep hearing from people that Ronaldo doesnt add anything else in the team rather than scoring, and that is such a stupid statement to make. Apart from the countless assists, taking goal scoring pressure away from Benzema/Higuain, making great runs to free up space for other players, taking the constant pressure of the opponents is so valuable to R.Madrid.

Just because Messi is better than him doesnt mean Ronaldo isnt that great. Messi might be 9/10, but Ronaldo is comfortably 8/10 or 8.5.

Messi is one of my fav players, and I think he is better. I just dont think the gap between the two is huge. Plus, I dont think people should post stats without backing it up. I really dont trust some of the stats posted in this thread.

This, x100000. I know alot of people just don't like ronaldo. He makes some great passes too but because its ronaldo it doesn't get noticed.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:33 am

Kizu wrote:
The Sanchez wrote:

Ozil's passing and vision is better than Ronaldo's and Messi's, that means he is a better player ?

Messi's the best dribbler in the world no doubt about that, but in every other category there is player better than him. There are better finishers out there, passers etc, but Messi and Ronaldo are the best in the world because when they have the ball there are 2+ players around them, that's what separates them from other players.

Did I say, Messi's creativity, passing and vision makes him the best player in the world. No. :coffee:
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:52 am

Kizu wrote:
The Sanchez wrote:

Ozil's vision is better based on what exactly? Ozils passig is better but not by much.

Anyways off topic. Ronaldo is rarley man marked. messi has far more player round him than Ronaldo seeing as he is cental. Messi is better by a long way.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:56 am

jibers wrote:
Kizu wrote:
The Sanchez wrote:

Ozil's vision is better based on what exactly? Ozils passig is better but not by much.

Anyways off topic. Ronaldo is rarley man marked. messi has far more player round him than Ronaldo seeing as he is cental. Messi is better by a long way.

This is so true. Messi a GOAT when it comes to overcoming man marking :bow:
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:05 am

Lord Hispano wrote:Ronnie's more complete overall and that's what does it for me. Can score and has scored in more or less any situation presented to him.

I still dont get this. How is he a more complete player? I could understand if you said that he is a more complete goalscorer but player? how? Messi can play in more position, he can score just as well as he can create, he is a far better dribbler so he is more dangerous 1 vs 1 etc..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:27 am

harhar11 wrote:
Lord Hispano wrote:Ronnie's more complete overall and that's what does it for me. Can score and has scored in more or less any situation presented to him.

I still dont get this. How is he a more complete player? I could understand if you said that he is a more complete goalscorer but player? how? Messi can play in more position, he can score just as well as he can create, he is a far better dribbler so he is more dangerous 1 vs 1 etc..

As they say, its an insult... Clubber
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jontsu Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:00 pm

/watch?v=-rQq7NnuaF4
Its a friendly i know, but still.. the opponent isnt tough or i have never heard about this team but Cristiano played so crap.
jontsu
jontsu
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:40 pm

tbh messi is the better player overall but the gap is not huge, just the small things that make the difference at times between the top 2 elite of the game, the only problem i have is that, everything that both does is always viewed in away that one as to be put down to make the other look good, when in reality its only gonna be about ron vs messi only they can be compared

all ron as to do is keep performing in big games and for NT, it will seem a lot more closer between them imo
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next