Opinions on an article about R. Madrid and Barca

+2
alexjanosik
windkick
6 posters

Go down

Opinions on an article about R. Madrid and Barca  Empty Opinions on an article about R. Madrid and Barca

Post by windkick Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:59 am

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/aug/15/barcelona-real-madrid-spanish-football?mobile-redirect=false

opinions on that article? how would you feel if Barca agreed to have the TV rights money distributed evenly through the league, so all the leagues got a piece of the pie...but in turn we got allot less cash and had to sell some of our most priced assets? Even maybe making us a top 4 club within the league, not a top 2? Also ending our dominance over Europe as well?

Thoughts?
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Opinions on an article about R. Madrid and Barca  Empty Re: Opinions on an article about R. Madrid and Barca

Post by alexjanosik Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:02 am

I was planning to make an exact same thread.So thanks man.
I think we should take the lead to ensure that all clubs get a fair evenly distributed TV rights deal.We are more than a club and in the bigger interests of the league,thats what we need to do.
I think the fact that apart from the top 2,the next highest transfer in the league is 4 mil is shameful.If this continues the league will die a slow death.
Its our responsibility to step in and do the rightful thing.
I dont agree that this would mean an end to our dominance.Under Rossell we have worked on fiscal prudence and the debt situation is improving.We have also added many new sponsors.
Plus I dont think we will lose a huge amount of revenue under a collective deal.With a collective there will be more bargaining power and at max we will lose 50-60 mil,which should be forsaken in the bigger interests of the league.
I think we will still continue to dominate in Spain and in Europe.Dont think we will have to sell assets either.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Opinions on an article about R. Madrid and Barca  Empty Re: Opinions on an article about R. Madrid and Barca

Post by free_cat Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:42 am

I don't care about "the bigger interests of the league" or the "health of spanish football". I only care about Barça.

If sharing the TV deals means losing a big amount of money, then I'm against it. We could consider it if we lose less than 15 milion. Losing more than that, would mean a considerable loss of economic competitiveness vs. the rest of big european teams that could mean we stopped to be the best team in the world. We are the best team in the world because of La Masia and because we pay the highest salaries in the world. Less money = lower salaries = worse players. It's mathematical.

Also, the way to go is not to reinforce the Spanish league, which is a product that has no big pull anywhere in the world aside from Spain and north Africa. Spanish League is not the premier league. There isn't a huge market of excolonies with no football of their own. The thing is that in the spanish league there are two clubs that are Global, vs. the rest of clubs that are local, hence the global clubs have much more revenue. Plus, even in the spanish markets, this two clubs are "national" (supported all around) while the rest of clubs are only local (supported close to their base). This won't change even if we redistribute the TV money.

The way to go is to reinforce the European competitions, having more CL matches and why not inventing a Cup too?
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:54 am

For me a solution would be to fight for more money for the league in general for next contract and give in a little. As free said, loose some 15 mil from both real and barca and make a better deal to get more money in total for the league. We have two biggest clubs in the world, competing for CL semis and finals almost every year and get less money then Seria A, not to mention we are the kings of Europa Leauge: http://comparetheleagues.com/european-league-finances/

Barca and Madrid should ask more money for TV in general (at least as much as Serie A gets if not a bit more) and the difference would be fair in the end.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:02 am

free_cat wrote:
I don't care about "the bigger interests of the league" or the "health of spanish football". I only care about Barça.

If sharing the TV deals means losing a big amount of money, then I'm against it. We could consider it if we lose less than 15 milion. Losing more than that, would mean a considerable loss of economic competitiveness vs. the rest of big european teams that could mean we stopped to be the best team in the world. We are the best team in the world because of La Masia and because we pay the highest salaries in the world. Less money = lower salaries = worse players. It's mathematical.

Also, the way to go is not to reinforce the Spanish league, which is a product that has no big pull anywhere in the world aside from Spain and north Africa. Spanish League is not the premier league. There isn't a huge market of excolonies with no football of their own. The thing is that in the spanish league there are two clubs that are Global, vs. the rest of clubs that are local, hence the global clubs have much more revenue. Plus, even in the spanish markets, this two clubs are "national" (supported all around) while the rest of clubs are only local (supported close to their base). This won't change even if we redistribute the TV money.

The way to go is to reinforce the European competitions, having more CL matches and why not inventing a Cup too?

The Spanish league at present has no big pull.But that doesnt mean it cant.
The league needs to rebrand itself the way the English league did in the 90's.
The top 10 best players in the world play in Spain.Granted they play just at 2 clubs.But with a more fair deal,the players would be more spread out.
Doesnt matter if there are no ex colonies or not.With the amount of talent in the league,and with smart,competent people at the helm of the league, a big pull can be generated.
United are one of the top teams on the planet.They share a collective deal.
Bayern earn a lot of revenue even with a collective deal.Thats because their marketing is much better than ours.
We will lose out a bit on TV revenue,but there is plenty of scope for improvement on gate receipts and marketing.If the club works hard enough the shortfall can be made up.
Also I really dont think the ridiculous salaries we pay are sustainable in the long run.There has to be a limit.We pay more on salaries than Madrid.
Also there is plenty of scope for improvement on the transfer front.With a collective deal,there will be less money and it will mean we dont get to throw 50 mil down the drain on useless good for nothing players every summer.It would mean that we would have to be smarter with our scouting and smarter with our transfers.I for one welcome it over the sheer idiocy that happens every summer.
Ofcourse there will be some growing pains but if we are smart about it,I dont think we will experience a significant drop off in revenue and the result will be a better league.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:19 am

I forgot to address one of your main points.
You say that losing more than 15 mil would mean a considerable loss of economic competitiveness vs. the rest of big european teams that could mean we stopped to be the best team in the world.
I dont think so.Which big teams are you talking about.Right now,barring Real, our main European competitors are United and Bayern.
Regarding others,Milan and Inter are bust.Juventus have nowhere near the economic clout we have.
With FFP coming in the sugar daddy clubs like Chelsea and City can no longer spend gazillions.City have already tightened.They have just signed Rodwell this summer.This is Chelsea's last big splurge before FFP kicks in.
Without their owners backing,the sugar daddy clubs cant compete with us financially.
Coming to United,they have stopped signing big.They make smart signings and are not the type to spend huge on transfers.Plus they dont pay ridiculous salaries.
Bayern can spend big as shown by the Martinez transfer but I dont see them spending such crazy amounts every summer.I also dont see them paying crazy amounts as salaries.
Coming to Madrid,they would be in the same boat as us.

So I just dont see how we would lose our economic competitiveness in Europe.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:08 am

90% of the revenue from the TV deals of all leagues comes within the national market (except for the Premier League). In this regional market, most of the viewership is created by Barça and Madrid. Why shouldn't the most viewed teams (by far) gather the most revenue? In my opinion, the PL model where they share the TV rights in relationship to the league position makes no sense. TVs want viewers, the most viewers a team attracts, the most it should receive.

There are only two Global leagues: the Premier league and the Champions League. The Spanish league isn't one of them, and it's very difficult that it can manage to be one of them. Where can Spanish league slot into? In the excolonies they already have their own followed national leagues with a lot of tradition, plus they are poorish countries. In the rest of the world, the Premier League has already taken the lead and has a huge advantadge due to english language. Spanish league could only slot into Chinese market. Furthemore, a collective deal, is not needed to market the league better around the world.

It would be nice if other spanish teams improved, the problem is that they won't improve in relation to Barça/Madrid even with a larger TV deals, because they are so far behind.

Finally, 15 milion is not a lot, but it would make us lose competitiveness partially. (the missing word). Plus, if we are relinquishing only 15 milions, it would mean that the league as a whole got a much bigger agreement, and that we are actually relinquishing much more than 15 milion in terms of opportunity cost.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:29 pm

I think we should redistribute the money so the league can be healthy. Even if we lose 60 mill a year it's not that big of a deal although I don't think the loss would be that much, not even close.

It's not like the EPL who shares the money is all shaken up and lower level teams started to knock the big teams out of the way. Man U, Chelsea, and Liverpool have won the CL in the last decade with this model and throw in City who are owned by some of the richest people in the world and these are the teams who win the league every year as well. NOTHING CHANGED.

Some of you need to stop freaking out about our debt and our money situation, we are fine. We are in very good shape as we now are a global brand and a model of how to run a club and a youth system and play attractive football, none of this will change if we share some money so we can have a competitive league.

The Yankees do the same exact thing as there is revenue sharing in Baseball and they are not any less competitive or attractive around the world because they already established themselves as a world wide brand. As long as we have Messi we will continue to be just fine, not to mention it looks like we will have Neymar in 2 years and the machine keeps on turning.

Some of you think the way to success is to keep our foot on the neck of the teams in our league and not give them the money that frankly they deserve or we would have no domestic league to play in. The better our league is the more money we will bring in.

We are Barcelona the best team in the world and one of the most popular sporting brands in the world. If teams get better in the league and it becomes more competitive and more people watch it then in turn we will get more money from different avenues.

And quite frankly we don't need to spend a ton of money on players. Maybe 1 or 2 players each offseason is fine for us or even less as I don't think we need Song at all. So people freaking out acting like we wont be able to do that anymore if we split our TV money or we have to start selling are players are way over reacting and quite frankly it's a pretty naive and narrow minded point of view.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:36 pm

Dnmac4 wrote:I think we should redistribute the money so the league can be healthy. Even if we lose 60 mill a year it's not that big of a deal although I don't think the loss would be that much, not even close.

It's not like the EPL who shares the money is all shaken up and lower level teams started to knock the big teams out of the way. Man U, Chelsea, and Liverpool have won the CL in the last decade with this model and throw in City who are owned by some of the richest people in the world and these are the teams who win the league every year as well. NOTHING CHANGED.

Some of you need to stop freaking out about our debt and our money situation, we are fine. We are in very good shape as we now are a global brand and a model of how to run a club and a youth system and play attractive football, none of this will change if we share some money so we can have a competitive league.

The Yankees do the same exact thing as there is revenue sharing in Baseball and they are not any less competitive or attractive around the world because they already established themselves as a world wide brand. As long as we have Messi we will continue to be just fine, not to mention it looks like we will have Neymar in 2 years and the machine keeps on turning.

Some of you think the way to success is to keep our foot on the neck of the teams in our league and not give them the money that frankly they deserve or we would have no domestic league to play in. The better our league is the more money we will bring in.

We are Barcelona the best team in the world and one of the most popular sporting brands in the world. If teams get better in the league and it becomes more competitive and more people watch it then in turn we will get more money from different avenues.

And quite frankly we don't need to spend a ton of money on players. Maybe 1 or 2 players each offseason is fine for us or even less as I don't think we need Song at all. So people freaking out acting like we wont be able to do that anymore if we split our TV money or we have to start selling are players are way over reacting and quite frankly it's a pretty naive and narrow minded point of view.

That suprised me, seeing as I dont really follow baseball but I thought that the yankees wins every year and I thought that a better sharings of revenue would fix that and make the league more competetive?

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:24 pm

harhar11 wrote:
Dnmac4 wrote:I think we should redistribute the money so the league can be healthy. Even if we lose 60 mill a year it's not that big of a deal although I don't think the loss would be that much, not even close.

That suprised me, seeing as I dont really follow baseball but I thought that the yankees wins every year and I thought that a better sharings of revenue would fix that and make the league more competetive?

Yup, some teams in MLB put there payroll so low that they will make money just from the revenue sharing money they get mainly from the Yankees as they ar by far the biggest contributer.

It pissed off Steinbrener (YAnkees owner before he died) to no end as they are supposed to use in his opinion "his money" to make there team more competitive not just pocket it and make money with no intention of putting a good product on the field.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down