La Liga: Osasuna vs FC Barcelona

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Re: La Liga: Osasuna vs FC Barcelona

Post by Albiceleste on Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:58 pm

I'm pleased with the substitutions that were made but I believe Xavi and Pedro should have started, no doubt about it. This is a tough fixture and we should have been full strength. Either way, great result. Although I'm very disappointed in the defense, Pique and Puyol didn't look good together today. I'm pleased with Alexis' energy and work rate in this game.

Last edited by Albiceleste on Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:05 pm; edited 2 times in total

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by V on Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:00 pm

How the hell can spanish linesmen be so consistently bad?
Three incorrect offside calls which would of let Messi, Tello and Messi again 1-on-1,
and yet fails at a quite clear offside for the first goal.

Edit: the offside was at Messi's pass to Sanchez

Last edited by V on Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
V
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr on Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:00 pm

Don't understand the Alexis hate. Yes, he was nowhere near brilliant but he wasn't too bad either. Great movements up front in my opinion. I am convinced he plays better when he's deployed in the centre. He makes fantastic forward runs. Shame about his touch, and his dribbling which has been very poor. I think with confidence is his issue and IF he gains that, he will become the Sánchez Barcelona wished him to be.

Tello on the other hand, the guy is so predictable, bad decision making, poor finishing - he has watched Henry too much. Busquets had a poor game by the standard he set himself in the clásico.

Alba's pass to Messi was neat. He is very good at that, as he's shown countless times in Valencia and Spain.

First Team

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 on Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:02 pm

@danyjr wrote:Linesman should get his eyes checked.

The refs and linesman in spain are just :facepalm:

In the first half Messi was one on one with the keeper but the ref whistle offside and the replsyed showed tha Messi was onside, 30 seconds later Osasuna scored.In the second half, it was Sanchez turn to go one on one with the keeper just for the ref to blow offside and once again the replay showed that he was onside. Then the goal happend in which Danchez was offside in th buildup. But those 3 they were just marginal onside/offside so they could be forgiven, but then the last one happend.. Messi was onside like atleast half a meter with not just one defender playing Messi onside, but 2!

Ninis wrote:
@white_star wrote:The ref? I missed the red card what did he get it for?
playing against barca

So why was Tito sent off or why did Messi get called offside when he was one on one when he wasnt(and seconds later Osasuna scores) if the refs are helping Barca in this game? :coffee:

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica on Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:04 pm

@danyjr wrote:Don't understand the Alexis hate. Yes, he was nowhere near brilliant but he wasn't too bad either.
For me Sanchez played pretty well, should have burried one of the 1on1's though.

Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by bazinga on Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:05 pm

Sanchez made too many errors when he got into decent positions. Pathetic decision making.

Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr on Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:05 pm

@Albiceleste wrote:I'm pleased with the substitutions that were made but I believe Xavi and Pedro should have started, no doubt about it. This is a tough fixture and we should have been full strength. Either way, great result. Although I'm very disappointed in the defense, Pique and Puyol didn't look good together today. I'm pleased with Alexis' energy and work rate in this game.

First Team

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 on Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:06 pm

jiopsi wrote:What a game. Wins like this wins you the league, this is needed. Great changes from Tito, Messi showing Sanchez and Iniesta how to freaking score a goal.

He scored twice but I thought that Messi was awful in this game, not like against Madrid where he was average for his standard but good for everyone else.

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 on Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:11 pm

@bazinga wrote:Sanchez made too many errors when he got into decent positions. Pathetic decision making.

Now you are just hating for the sake of it. Apart from the assist, that showed awereness and unselfish play, he made a more than decent pass to Messi in the first half where the ref incorrectly called for offside just before osasuna scored later he gave Iniesta a sitter but he missed..

In a game where there were very few chances on our part, thats not to bad in a game where there were few chances and in a place we generally struggle...

--

Pedro :bow: is getting back to his former form..

Last edited by harhar11 on Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste on Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:14 pm

@danyjr wrote:
@Albiceleste wrote:I'm pleased with the substitutions that were made but I believe Xavi and Pedro should have started, no doubt about it. This is a tough fixture and we should have been full strength. Either way, great result. Although I'm very disappointed in the defense, Pique and Puyol didn't look good together today. I'm pleased with Alexis' energy and work rate in this game.
I realized I was thinking of a different situation. Yes that is clearly offside, not the only mistake though.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by vivabarca38 on Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:20 pm

Great result,pathetic defence.Llorente was completely unmarked by Pique and Alba in the first goal.Pathetic defending by both wing-backs.We created chances but couldnt score them.Lucky for us Messi steppd up.The red card was completely unfair but the ref made two or three wrong offside decisions so the goal kind of makes up for it.
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr on Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:58 pm

i'm starting to feel that all our forwards except messi feel a shitload of presure and that just clouds their jugement. add their young age (tello and sanchez) and you have a recipe for destruction. we need Villa and Pedro back badly
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 on Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:01 pm

Messi is a monster, offside goal or not. I'm not gonna even lie..

FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts on Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:03 pm

Messi decided to wake up for a brief moment

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Toronto

Back to top Go down

Post by vivabarca38 on Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:20 pm

Valdes made two or three very good saves.Alves had one of his worst games in a Barca shirt.Hoofed it up almost everytime he had the ball and was eaten for Lunch by Sisi and Lamah.Dont know what the hell Puyol and Pique were doing.Alba almost never tracked back too.Busquets was great buy could of cost us a 2nd goal.Iniesta was very good in the first half,invisible in the 2nd and missed two or three very good chances.Sanchez was surprisingly very good.Away at Osasuna is always a tough fixture but we got a Good result.
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts on Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:58 pm

5 point lead as of today Smile

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Toronto

Back to top Go down

Post by Stejo on Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:07 pm

Madrid's defeat makes our result so much more gratifying. It's obvious both teams were greatly affected by the supercap game. Thankfully we got Messi to make the difference when it's needed.

As for the game itself, we were playing poorly overall, not much to be said. Alexis was painful to watch. His complete inability to dribble past an opponent makes him useless in the wing position for this team. He got the speed to shine on the counter but for our possession game, he's really out of place.

Tito's 4-2-3-1 at the end was interesting. We lost the midfield dominance but the directness allowed us to scrape the win. Long as it remains a backup plan for situations like this, I don't mind it. Wouldn't wanna see the team lose it's identity though. Beautiful possession football is what makes Barca special, even if we don't always win.

Stejo
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat on Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:08 pm

Alba showed in the first goal that he is weak in the air. A problem with our short team. He also showed he is good going forward assisting Messi the second, but I prefer defenders that can defend... I think that Alba won't be a good signing until Alves goes and we buy a RB that is mainly defensive and big...

Most players were very poor today but at least 2 steped up: Pedro is indispensable currently, and Valdes made up from his error vs. Madrid. Bow to them.

About Cesc, I'm starting to worry about him. He was very invisble. Maybe when he starts he could play well as an AM with two double pivots (either Busquets and Song or busquets + Xavi). Perhaps we could do well with this scheme. He isn't doing good as a pure midfielder.

Anyway, our game was not very good, but I'm glad with the comeback. Osasuna played well with incredible energy, so it wasn't easy to comeback. It's the second game we turn around and it shows mental strength and quality. Happy with the team.

Oh, and Sanchez wasn't very good. He missed 2 one on ones, lost countless of balls and was all the time offside (included in the 1st goal). Yes, he gave an assist and dribled once, but this is not a good game at all.

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat on Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:10 pm

@Stejo wrote:
Tito's 4-2-3-1 at the end was interesting. We lost the midfield dominance but the directness allowed us to scrape the win. Long as it remains a backup plan for situations like this, I don't mind it. Wouldn't wanna see the team lose it's identity though. Beautiful possession football is what makes Barca special, even if we don't always win.

Disagreed. We never controled the game. So we didn't lose the control neither played more direct when we changed to 4231. We played the same. The clear turning point of the game was Pedro and Xavi coming in, more than the change of tactics.

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by shinigami99 on Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:13 pm

I think Pedro made the biggest difference. Not only that, he was deployed in midfield where he was allowed to press to his heart's content (which he is VERY good at) and make good passes. He added a lot, and I mean A LOT, of energy to our team when he came on. Villa and Xavi also made an impact, but not as much as good old Pedrito.

Still can't believe Iniesta missed that sitter though Sad

First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Stejo on Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:30 pm

@free_cat wrote:
Disagreed. We never controled the game. So we didn't lose the control neither played more direct when we changed to 4231. We played the same. The clear turning point of the game was Pedro and Xavi coming in, more than the change of tactics.

True, we never really controlled the game. Still had ~65% possession though, that's good enough for an away game. Now, as for what made the difference in the end, tactics or players, I'd say it's a combination of both. We did lose (more) of the midfield battle after the subs, since Messi wasn't defending at all in the #10 role and we did become more direct because of the gap between Xavi/Busquets and Messi.

As I said earlier though, Alexis was really poor in the right wing, so Pedro's introduction made a huge difference there. And like others said earlier, Cesc was invisible pretty much the entire game. Because of Cesc's poor performance, Iniesta didn't have freedom to do much (not to mention his own bad day) and we ended up with an isolated Messi up front without proper support from midfield nor the wings (Tello was also not much good in this game).

Switching to 4-2-3-1 suddenly overloaded the attack with basically 2 strikers in the center and with the introduction of Villa and Pedro, 2 support wingers. Trading Iniesta+Cesc for Xavi alone wasn't a bad deal either, considering the two of them added up to less than half a Xavi so far.

Mix in Osasuna's red card and the result came quite naturally. Still, though, the gaps created in the flow of our game when we switched to 4-2-3-1 were very obvious. Possibly because we're not used to playing it or maybe because Messi is too lazy to defend anymore.

Stejo
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 on Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:33 pm

free dont forget that Sanchez also made a throughball to give Messi a 1vs1 with the keeper but the ref incorrectly called an offside, he gave Iniesta a sitter that he missed while in the 2nd half he was 1vs1 with the keeper himself but, once again, the ref called for an incorrect offside. So its not like he only did bad things... I thought that Tello was much worse than Sanchez..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star on Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:44 pm

Harhar we were just joking. Having some fun no need to get defensive.

First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat on Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:49 pm

@harhar11 wrote:free dont forget that Sanchez also made a throughball to give Messi a 1vs1 with the keeper but the ref incorrectly called an offside, he gave Iniesta a sitter that he missed while in the 2nd half he was 1vs1 with the keeper himself but, once again, the ref called for an incorrect offside. So its not like he only did bad things... I thought that Tello was much worse than Sanchez..

I don't think Tello was bad, he just wasn't involved enough in this game. On the other hand, Alexis had a lot of the ball, and he did some good stuff and plenty of poor stuff. I'm not saying he was bad, like on wednesday, all I'm saying is his game wasn't very good. He was OK.

Last edited by free_cat on Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 on Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:50 pm

People hating on Alexis now? He's one of the reasons we won the game, with his pass to Messi for the first goal, and if the linesman got some new glasses he might have had more assists/a goal. Seriously guys your starting to sound like Madrid fans do when they talk about Di Maria. Every other football fan rates him except for them, thats how Alexis is getting treated. Messi had a much worse game then Alexis, not to mention Don, Tello and Cesc.

Once Pedro, Villa and Xavi came on everyone improved, Tito got his subs spot on. I don't think i'm the only one who realised just how direct we played today.

The Great Troll Kings

Giancarlo(Italian Master)
Cyberman(Internet Legend)
Feverpitch(Gooner Prince)
Ordinho10(Arsenal's Bane)
SuperFloren(Barcelona's Thorn)
?????????(The Last Troll King)

"I am immortal, I have inside me the blood of the Troll Kings. I have no rival, no man can be my equal."
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez on Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:51 pm

Cesc was :facepalm:
Sanchez was :facepalm: Though worked hard
Valdes was :bow:. Saved us at times and I hope he continues that form heading into second leg of SuperCopa
Pique had another good game though Puyol didn't. Too often gave away possession and wasn't the normal Puyol we all know.
Busuqests didn't not play well, probably because of the other two upfront. Iniesta made poor touches and his finishing was :facepalm:
Messi suddenly stood up (probably because of the subs that came on) and saved us again. Thought Tito played it well. Made the right substitutions and it was good that he denied Song to play when we really needed goals.
Alba was both terrible and good. Should have done better with the goal. Going forward too much though made it up with a delightful cross to Messi.

Need to focus on Madrid now!
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next