RedOranje
VivaStPauli
stevieg8
Swanhends
Le Samourai
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Lance Armstrong stripped of 7 Tour de France tropies, banned from Cycling Empty Lance Armstrong stripped of 7 Tour de France tropies, banned from Cycling

Post by Le Samourai Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:47 pm

[url]Link[/url]http://www.google.tt/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CCIQqQIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Ftimesofindia.indiatimes.com%2Fsports%2Fmore-sports%2Finterviews%2FLance-Armstrong-stripped-of-Tour-de-France-titles%2Farticleshow%2F15636837.cms&ei=A783UKa-FKju0gGEu4H4DQ&usg=AFQjCNGYtue13O1ucZX726wKbWjUQaAJbg&sig2=bdC2RT6V0B-vMBebGCQMIg]Link.

>Never failed a single test.

>Banned based on testimony from teammates (also competitors) , given immunity in return for their testimony,

>I doubt the TDF will follow suit.

> The funny thing is that they have worse shit on almost every cyclist to be on the podium for every one of his titles lol. They can't touch him.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Lance Armstrong stripped of 7 Tour de France tropies, banned from Cycling Empty Re: Lance Armstrong stripped of 7 Tour de France tropies, banned from Cycling

Post by Swanhends Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:57 pm

Whether he took steroids or not, the entire field was taking steroids so it doesn't really taint the accomplishment that much IMO

The part that pisses me off is that if its true, you have to absolutely be one of the biggest c*nts on earth to lie so profusely to everyones face for over a decade etc

We'll see what happens
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Lance Armstrong stripped of 7 Tour de France tropies, banned from Cycling Empty Re: Lance Armstrong stripped of 7 Tour de France tropies, banned from Cycling

Post by Guest Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:46 pm

i am with Armstrong here, guy has been suspected and tested over and over and he passed the test, and since 1998?? or something he has been fighting against allegations, obviously this would tire anyone who have been fighting the case for more than a decade.

frankly he should be left alone, if he did do drugs his stance wouldnt be that strong to defend himself for all these years.

atleast i hope so. plus guy has gone through life threatening times...

i hope and i think he is not guilty....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:49 pm

BhritanniaBhlue wrote:Whether he took steroids or not, the entire field was taking steroids so it doesn't really taint the accomplishment that much IMO

exactly...

but since the doping committee has been pushing him over and over again with testing and he passed means he must be innocent.

like someone said in the forum here, certainly blood test is not enough maybe they should test his hair too.

personally i think he is innocent, and he is simply fed up to fight after decade

if he ever took any drug in his career then its when he had cancer, and for chemotherapy lol thats all i can think of. it would be crazy if the real truth were to come out 100% clean and he had indeed lied.

Last edited by JespSwe on Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:50 pm

absolute bs. still have the utmost respect for the guy.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:28 pm

I haven't trusted when he was an active pro, and I don't trust him now. This is a clearly guilty man desperately trying to safe face.

I know you all want him to be some kind of folk hero because he had cancer, but f*ck that cheater.

Yes, all of the Tour de France athletes are probably doped, which is why I welcome a strong stance against all of them. If other countries had anti-doping investigations as thorough as the US does, the Tour de France would be interesting again within 2 or 3 years.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:01 am

Viva I don't think he didn't dope lol, I can't really know anything for sure about that, but is this really productive so long after the fact with circumstantial at best evidence?

The guy's done so much for the world, just his story has been so inspirational . that this witch hunt which really has no tangible effect on anything but his legacy seems counter productive.

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:17 am

Question: If it's generally accepted that most (if not all) competitors are and have been doping in the Tour since before Armstrong's participation then why strip him of his titles? I mean... if they're all doping and he won anyway then either he or his doctors still deserve recognition for riding and doping better than everyone else, right?

Also, Viva, people don't want to believe he because he has cancer, but because of all he's done to FIGHT cancer. It's a small, but very significant difference.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:01 am

You don't train as long and as hard as this guy only to throw it away on drugs in order to dominate for 7 years. I just can't see that with Armstrong.

This stinks to the heavens honestly. His teammates and his opponents are butthurt about him dominating them for a decade so of course when they get a chance to ruin him, they're going to take it and it's all the better if they themselves are insulated against any retaliation.

It's a witch hunt, plain and simple. No evidence of him doping whatsoever. Normal cyclists in the TDF get tested 2 to maybe 4 times per race at random intervals, they tested Armstrong at virtually every stage of the race and he passed every single time. What more does he have to do?
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:12 am

Well there's at least some evidence to make him a suspect.

>His former teammates were caught doping after switching teams, ie losing the expertise and methods of the most advanced team at the time.

>He had a different training regiment than everyone else,his sole focus was TDF and the rest of the year was training camp ie he wasn't subjected to competition level testing throughout the year.

But I really don't get the point of this right now anyway. Doing something like this based on witness testimony which was essentially bought is very very sketchy.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:46 am

Well there would've been evidence, but Armstrong refused to go to trial, so... Yeah. Someone's got skeletons in their closet.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:59 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:Well there would've been evidence, but Armstrong refused to go to trial, so... Yeah. Someone's got skeletons in their closet.
You've been fighting someone for over a decade, you've never been proven guilty, yet they still won't stop, then why bother continuing?

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:02 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:Well there would've been evidence, but Armstrong refused to go to trial, so... Yeah. Someone's got skeletons in their closet.

The evidence is witness testimony.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:41 pm

Given that Armstrong's defense team was denied the chance to see the supposed evidence to be lobbied against him, and how long he's been fighting (successfully) such charges, I'd say it's damned faulty logic to assumed that just because he opted not to enter what certainly looked to be a sketchy and potentially one-sided trial means that he's guilty.

The court was also set to be filled with people selected by the prosecuting party, by the way.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:00 pm

About time. This guy is a con artist. Good riddance.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by justdoit_ Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:24 am

I don't know if he's guilty or not, but I do indeed find it humorous that he's been the most tested athlete ever, he's never failed, and these new allegations include no samples whatsoever. A massive trollface to any allegations.
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:21 am

Lance Armstong's Statement of August 23, 2012

AUSTIN, Texas - August 23rd, 2012 - There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in winning my seven Tours since 1999. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a two-year federal criminal investigation followed by Travis Tygart's unconstitutional witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for our foundation and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense.

I had hoped that a federal court would stop USADA’s charade. Although the court was sympathetic to my concerns and recognized the many improprieties and deficiencies in USADA’s motives, its conduct, and its process, the court ultimately decided that it could not intervene.

If I thought for one moment that by participating in USADA’s process, I could confront these allegations in a fair setting and – once and for all – put these charges to rest, I would jump at the chance. But I refuse to participate in a process that is so one-sided and unfair. Regardless of what Travis Tygart says, there is zero physical evidence to support his outlandish and heinous claims. The only physical evidence here is the hundreds of controls I have passed with flying colors. I made myself available around the clock and around the world. In-competition. Out of competition. Blood. Urine. Whatever they asked for I provided. What is the point of all this testing if, in the end, USADA will not stand by it?

From the beginning, however, this investigation has not been about learning the truth or cleaning up cycling, but about punishing me at all costs. I am a retired cyclist, yet USADA has lodged charges over 17 years old despite its own 8-year limitation. As respected organizations such as UCI and USA Cycling have made clear, USADA lacks jurisdiction even to bring these charges. The international bodies governing cycling have ordered USADA to stop, have given notice that no one should participate in USADA’s improper proceedings, and have made it clear the pronouncements by USADA that it has banned people for life or stripped them of their accomplishments are made without authority. And as many others, including USADA’s own arbitrators, have found, there is nothing even remotely fair about its process. USADA has broken the law, turned its back on its own rules, and stiff-armed those who have tried to persuade USADA to honor its obligations. At every turn, USADA has played the role of a bully, threatening everyone in its way and challenging the good faith of anyone who questions its motives or its methods, all at U.S. taxpayers’ expense. For the last two months, USADA has endlessly repeated the mantra that there should be a single set of rules, applicable to all, but they have arrogantly refused to practice what they preach. On top of all that, USADA has allegedly made deals with other riders that circumvent their own rules as long as they said I cheated. Many of those riders continue to race today.

The bottom line is I played by the rules that were put in place by the UCI, WADA and USADA when I raced. The idea that athletes can be convicted today without positive A and B samples, under the same rules and procedures that apply to athletes with positive tests, perverts the system and creates a process where any begrudged ex-teammate can open a USADA case out of spite or for personal gain or a cheating cyclist can cut a sweetheart deal for themselves. It’s an unfair approach, applied selectively, in opposition to all the rules. It’s just not right.

USADA cannot assert control of a professional international sport and attempt to strip my seven Tour de France titles. I know who won those seven Tours, my teammates know who won those seven Tours, and everyone I competed against knows who won those seven Tours. We all raced together. For three weeks over the same roads, the same mountains, and against all the weather and elements that we had to confront. There were no shortcuts, there was no special treatment. The same courses, the same rules. The toughest event in the world where the strongest man wins. Nobody can ever change that. Especially not Travis Tygart.

Today I turn the page. I will no longer address this issue, regardless of the circumstances. I will commit myself to the work I began before ever winning a single Tour de France title: serving people and families affected by cancer, especially those in underserved communities. This October, my Foundation will celebrate 15 years of service to cancer survivors and the milestone of raising nearly $500 million. We have a lot of work to do and I'm looking forward to an end to this pointless distraction. I have a responsibility to all those who have stepped forward to devote their time and energy to the cancer cause. I will not stop fighting for that mission. Going forward, I am going to devote myself to raising my five beautiful (and energetic) kids, fighting cancer, and attempting to be the fittest 40-year old on the planet.

http://lancearmstrong.com/news-events/lance-armstongs-statement-of-august-23-2012
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:49 am

Lance Armstrong stripped of 7 Tour de France tropies, banned from Cycling 526166_423841391015272_1708576245_n
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:17 am

RedOranje wrote:

Lance Armstong's Statement of August 23, 2012

AUSTIN, Texas - August 23rd, 2012 - There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in winning my seven Tours since 1999. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a two-year federal criminal investigation followed by Travis Tygart's unconstitutional witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for our foundation and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense.

I had hoped that a federal court would stop USADA’s charade. Although the court was sympathetic to my concerns and recognized the many improprieties and deficiencies in USADA’s motives, its conduct, and its process, the court ultimately decided that it could not intervene.

If I thought for one moment that by participating in USADA’s process, I could confront these allegations in a fair setting and – once and for all – put these charges to rest, I would jump at the chance. But I refuse to participate in a process that is so one-sided and unfair. Regardless of what Travis Tygart says, there is zero physical evidence to support his outlandish and heinous claims. The only physical evidence here is the hundreds of controls I have passed with flying colors. I made myself available around the clock and around the world. In-competition. Out of competition. Blood. Urine. Whatever they asked for I provided. What is the point of all this testing if, in the end, USADA will not stand by it?

From the beginning, however, this investigation has not been about learning the truth or cleaning up cycling, but about punishing me at all costs. I am a retired cyclist, yet USADA has lodged charges over 17 years old despite its own 8-year limitation. As respected organizations such as UCI and USA Cycling have made clear, USADA lacks jurisdiction even to bring these charges. The international bodies governing cycling have ordered USADA to stop, have given notice that no one should participate in USADA’s improper proceedings, and have made it clear the pronouncements by USADA that it has banned people for life or stripped them of their accomplishments are made without authority. And as many others, including USADA’s own arbitrators, have found, there is nothing even remotely fair about its process. USADA has broken the law, turned its back on its own rules, and stiff-armed those who have tried to persuade USADA to honor its obligations. At every turn, USADA has played the role of a bully, threatening everyone in its way and challenging the good faith of anyone who questions its motives or its methods, all at U.S. taxpayers’ expense. For the last two months, USADA has endlessly repeated the mantra that there should be a single set of rules, applicable to all, but they have arrogantly refused to practice what they preach. On top of all that, USADA has allegedly made deals with other riders that circumvent their own rules as long as they said I cheated. Many of those riders continue to race today.

The bottom line is I played by the rules that were put in place by the UCI, WADA and USADA when I raced. The idea that athletes can be convicted today without positive A and B samples, under the same rules and procedures that apply to athletes with positive tests, perverts the system and creates a process where any begrudged ex-teammate can open a USADA case out of spite or for personal gain or a cheating cyclist can cut a sweetheart deal for themselves. It’s an unfair approach, applied selectively, in opposition to all the rules. It’s just not right.

USADA cannot assert control of a professional international sport and attempt to strip my seven Tour de France titles. I know who won those seven Tours, my teammates know who won those seven Tours, and everyone I competed against knows who won those seven Tours. We all raced together. For three weeks over the same roads, the same mountains, and against all the weather and elements that we had to confront. There were no shortcuts, there was no special treatment. The same courses, the same rules. The toughest event in the world where the strongest man wins. Nobody can ever change that. Especially not Travis Tygart.

Today I turn the page. I will no longer address this issue, regardless of the circumstances. I will commit myself to the work I began before ever winning a single Tour de France title: serving people and families affected by cancer, especially those in underserved communities. This October, my Foundation will celebrate 15 years of service to cancer survivors and the milestone of raising nearly $500 million. We have a lot of work to do and I'm looking forward to an end to this pointless distraction. I have a responsibility to all those who have stepped forward to devote their time and energy to the cancer cause. I will not stop fighting for that mission. Going forward, I am going to devote myself to raising my five beautiful (and energetic) kids, fighting cancer, and attempting to be the fittest 40-year old on the planet.

http://lancearmstrong.com/news-events/lance-armstongs-statement-of-august-23-2012

Such bs, really feel for the guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:54 am

USADA's 202-page Reasoned Decision: http://velonews.competitor.com/files/2012/10/Reasoned-Decision.pdf

Apparently the most sophisticated doping plan ever.

880 more pages to be out, though!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:42 am

The UCI have made it official: Lance Armstrong has been stripped of his seven titles.

Tour director Christian Prudhomme had previously said that there would be no alternate winners for those years, but this hasn't been made official.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:49 am

Shame, he was someone to look up to.

Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by DagenhamDave Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:11 pm

bump!! hmm

Lance Armstrong believes he should be given the opportunity to compete again, saying his life ban feels like a "death penalty".

The 41-year-old Texan has confessed to using performance-enhancing drugs during all seven of his Tour de France victories. He was stripped of all results from August 1, 1998 and banned from sport for life.

Armstrong was competing in triathlons, mountain bike events and marathons before he was sanctioned and believes he deserves that opportunity in the future, suggesting a life ban is not right.

In the second part of their television interview, he told Oprah Winfrey: "I can't lie to you. I'd love the opportunity to be able to compete, but that isn't the reason that I'm doing this.

"Frankly, this might not be the most popular answer, but I think I deserve it (to be able to compete again).

"I deserve to be punished. I'm not sure that I deserve a death penalty."

Eleven of Armstrong's former team-mates gave evidence against him in exchange for six-month suspensions.

He added: "If you look at the situation, if you look at that culture, you look at the sport, you see the punishments. I could go back to that time ...you're trading my story for a six-month suspension.

"That's what people got, what everybody got. I got a death penalty. I'm not saying that that's unfair, necessarily, but I'm saying it's different."

After years of denials, Armstrong confirmed that during his record run, from 1999 to 2005, he used blood-boosting agent EPO, blood doping, testosterone, cortisone and human growth hormone.

Armstrong, who was last October stripped of all results dating from August 1, 1998 and banned from sport for life, denied doping during his comeback from retirement in 2009, when he finished third in the Tour, and 2010.

He has also refuted suggestions he paid off cycling's world governing body, the UCI, to cover up a positive test in 2001.

In hindsight he wishes he had co-operated with the United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA)investigation which proved his downfall.

Co-operation could have meant a lesser penalty.

Armstrong's long-time sponsors each deserted him in quick succession following the publication of the USADA report, but he said the most challenging moment was when his own Lance Armstrong Foundation, the charity known now as Livestrong, distanced itself from him.

"The foundation is like my sixth child and to make that decision, and to step aside, was big," said Armstrong, who expressed his wish the charity can thrive without being associated with him.

"I wouldn't at all say [I was] forced out, told to leave. I was aware of the pressure. It was the best thing for our organisation, but it hurt like hell. That was the lowest
Asked if he feels disgraced, Armstrong said: "Of course, but I also feel humbled. I feel ashamed - this is ugly stuff. It's a process. And I think we're at the beginning of the process."

Armstrong confirmed he has been undergoing therapy to deal with his demons.

His competitive desire remains, though. Asked whether he believes his life ban should be overturned, he said: "Selfishly, yes. But realistically I don't think that's going to happen. And I have to live with that."

Winfrey asked Armstrong: "Did anyone know the whole truth?"

"Yeah," he replied, but there was no follow-up to ascertain who.

Armstrong was emotional when discussing his 13-year-old son Luke, with tears welling up in his eyes and hesitated in giving answers, his voice croaking.

He had discovered Luke was defending him at school and had to address the matter.

Armstrong said: "That's when I knew I had to tell him. He'd never asked me. He'd never said 'Dad, is this true?' He trusted me. He heard about it in the hallways.

"I said: 'Don't defend me anymore'. I said: 'If anyone says anything to you, do not defend me. Just say my dad said he was sorry'.

"He said: 'Look, I love you, you're my dad, this won't change that'."
DagenhamDave
DagenhamDave
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:52 pm

Sc*mbag, vile c*nt

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:56 am

Lance Armstrong stripped of 7 Tour de France tropies, banned from Cycling Art-353-manlylibrary-300x0
Australia :bow:.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next