Luisito

Page 16 of 19 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down

Re: Luisito

Post by rwo power on Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:31 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:If you are going to punish such incidents so severely, so other dangerous tackles should also be punished equally; who knows that these players who regularly do such tackles do it intentionally and to hurt other players OR because they also lose control and do it.
In the Bundesliga there have actually been cases where "horror tackles" were punished with a lengthy ban. Here's an English language article on one of such:
http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/3753/germany/2012/03/04/2945760/paolo-guerrero-faces-six-game-ban-for-horror-tackle-on-sven

(If you read the whole thing - Guerrero was also banned for 5 matches for throwing a water bottle at a fan - so such things are not really new or unheard of.)

rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer on Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:42 pm

If a player is playing for my club, it is my responsiblity that a player behaves responsibly and my club will accept the reprussions of any wrong deed by my player.

But if a player is on a national duty and he does something, why should I pay for it. There can be innumerables circumstances that can make a player do some mistake for their national team. So the club is not at all accountable for it. So there should be some agreement between a club and FIFA about how to act on such matters.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power on Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:02 pm

I think the question is whether it is a "mistake" when he actually did the same thing for the third time. As things look, it seems to be an intentional offense against the laws of the game, and thus he was dealt a punishment he has to complete. It is simply bad luck that the club is hit as well.

It is the same with a drivers license. If a truck driver working for a company breaks the laws on a private tour and has his drivers license taken away (e.g. for driving under influence which endangers others who are on the same playing field, that is the street in this case), he is not only forbidden to drive privately, but also he isn't allowed to drive for his company either. Would you consider it proper that he still could drive for his company, when this means he would still be a possible danger for others?

Super Moderator

Club Supported : Philadelphia Union

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc on Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:36 pm

@rwo power wrote:I think the question is whether it is a "mistake" when he actually did the same thing for the third time. As things look, it seems to be an intentional offense against the laws of the game, and thus he was dealt a punishment he has to complete. It is simply bad luck that the club is hit as well.

It is the same with a drivers license. If a truck driver working for a company breaks the laws on a private tour and has his drivers license taken away (e.g. for driving under influence which endangers others who are on the same playing field, that is the street in this case), he is not only forbidden to drive privately, but also he isn't allowed to drive for his company either. Would you consider it proper that he still could drive for his company, when this means he would still be a possible danger for others?

Stop making those examples as they are nothing similar to this situation, it's a totally different thing, not some driving license shit.
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer on Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:53 pm

^^
rwo, let me use your example and change it a bit. If there are two companies who are using the same driver. If the driver does some mistake when he is working with the other company and loses his license in process. There can be numerous factors, like someone shouting at him from the other company or insulting him because of some reason, or work culture, working atmosphere, difficult assignment of the job...so they are responsible for the driver's mistake. So in that case, I would like to have some agreement with the other company that depending on few factors, the liability should be either shared in some way or beared by other company. So I would not like to pay for his mistake at their company.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar on Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:27 pm

It wont be same without him  Sad  Crying or Very sad  No  pale  :facepalm: .
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte on Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:51 pm

@iftikhar wrote:It wont be same without him  Sad  Crying or Very sad  No  pale  :facepalm: .

IF he goes, it might be even better. Not outright quality wise, but we're talking about a player here who has been found guilty (rightfully or not) of racist abuse (Evra) and biting an opponent twice during his Liverpool career. If I'm perfectly honest here, I find it difficult to support him any longer, not passionately anyway. I know we will be a lesser team without him, but we won't be a lesser club. If he goes.
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje on Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:53 am

@rwo power wrote:I think the question is whether it is a "mistake" when he actually did the same thing for the third time. As things look, it seems to be an intentional offense against the laws of the game, and thus he was dealt a punishment he has to complete. It is simply bad luck that the club is hit as well.

Using the driver's license analogy: when you get a license pulled for multiple infractions do they ban you from riding in a car with another person? Commuting to work via bus? Walking on the road to get somewhere? Working at your job because it happens to involve being on or near a road?

Because that's what FIFA's ban is for Suarez. They haven't suspended his license, they've barred him from commuting, traveling, or basically visiting civilization by disallowing his use of roads in any way, shape, or form.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte on Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:31 am

@Art Morte wrote:
@iftikhar wrote:It wont be same without him  Sad  Crying or Very sad  No  pale  :facepalm: .

IF he goes, it might be even better. Not outright quality wise, but we're talking about a player here who has been found guilty (rightfully or not) of racist abuse (Evra) and biting an opponent twice during his Liverpool career. If I'm perfectly honest here, I find it difficult to support him any longer, not passionately anyway. I know we will be a lesser team without him, but we won't be a lesser club. If he goes.

Also forgot to add his "let me leave" antics from last summer.
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert on Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:54 am

^ so not much has changed then? You didn't really support him last season anyway.

Red is the colour of extremes. It's the color of passionate love, seduction, violence, danger, anger, and adventure. The colour red is the color of energy, passion and action. This colour is a warm and positive color associated with our most physical needs and our will to survive.Red represents power and courage. The colour red is the basis of the traditional red power tie or red suit in the business, and the red carpet for celebrities and VIPs. Red's association with courage and bravery makes it a colour that is used often in national flags, on shields, and in achievement patches. Liverpool. Is. Red.
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte on Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:38 am

He wasn't among my favorite Pool players, but I was happy to have him at the club and would have been disappointed if he left. I'm fine with it if he stays and at the end of the day that would probably still be the best case scenario for us, but I don't think I'll be disappointed any more if he leaves. It's just one huge negative thing after another with this guy.
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert on Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:10 am

Yeah, but you weren't going to be disappointed if he was sold last season anyway lol

The only way we remain a top 4 team is if Suarez is involved in it.

Red is the colour of extremes. It's the color of passionate love, seduction, violence, danger, anger, and adventure. The colour red is the color of energy, passion and action. This colour is a warm and positive color associated with our most physical needs and our will to survive.Red represents power and courage. The colour red is the basis of the traditional red power tie or red suit in the business, and the red carpet for celebrities and VIPs. Red's association with courage and bravery makes it a colour that is used often in national flags, on shields, and in achievement patches. Liverpool. Is. Red.
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar on Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:26 am

There have been some racist incidents in recent times. What was the punishment? I guess it some fine (below million mark) and stadium ban (for a rather short time).

Suarez was downright imbecile and he deserved a strong punishment. But I like to see FIFA/UEFA handing out similar punishments for racism or similar crimes.

@ art, I will take his many moments of passion & conviction over few moments of madness; always.
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly on Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:56 am

He let down his country tbh. Not only disgraced them on the international stage, Him not being there was enough for them to be knocked out.
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred on Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:23 pm

This is difficult to type, as Luis is among my favorite players of all time. On my personal list, he’s right up there with Steven Gerrard and Zinedine Zidane. He is capable of incredible things, and he has done so much for the club over his 3 ½ years on Merseyside. Unfortunately, for all his genius with a football, he is also competitive to a fault, petulant, and reckless.  It is for these reasons that I believe his time at Liverpool should now come to an end.

Luis Suarez is one of the most driven individuals I’ve ever seen play the game. Under the shell of a seemingly devoted husband, loving father, and a caring friend/teammate, there is a caged beast, waiting to be released as soon as he steps onto the football pitch. His single-minded drive to win is second to none. To watch him play is to watch a man scrap and fight and claw and yes even cheat to achieve his goal. Without knowing better, it would be easy to think the man’s life was on the line each time he set foot on the pitch. It’s for this drive that we fell in love with his play. But, it’s for this drive that he must now go.

Liverpool are on the precipice of something great. Coming off of their best season since challenging for the title in 2008-09, Liverpool must now maintain their forward momentum and build toward sustainable quality both on and off the pitch.  In order to do this, they not only need the best players, but also reliable characters.

It must be stated, that this is not a criticism of Suarez based upon the “morality”/”social-unacceptability” of biting in sport. While there is certainly a discussion to be had on that issue, that’s not the focus here. The focus here is on his actions as they impact the goals of the club.

Clubs simply cannot afford to ignore players of a certain level of quality. These are the players teams build systems around and rely upon to achieve their stated goals. Make no mistake; Suarez is that caliber of player. Therefore, should Suarez stay at Liverpool, the club would be obligated to continue with him as the focal-point of the team. Therein lies the rub…

Not only will Suarez be unavailable (for any footballing activity) for the first few months of the season, but he’s not going to be available precisely because he is a repeat offender. Once again, the intention here is not to bemoan the current sanctions against him, but instead to look past them to the next indiscretion. How can Liverpool ever move forward and establish consistency when the central focus of the squad is such an erratic character?  When he plays, he’s brilliant. If he’s suspended, he leaves Liverpool with a £200,000 a-week hole at the center of the squad.

Some will point to his more subdued personality last season as an example that he had curbed his petulant and irresponsible behavior, but it should now be clear that he has not totally changed, and perhaps he never will. For me, this relapse is proof that you simply cannot curb Suarez’s more animalistic impulses, and, as such, Liverpool cannot hope to “cure” him of these incidents. They can only hope that they do not happen on their watch. Unfortunately, as we’ve now seen, FIFA no longer care who he’s playing for when the indiscretion occurs. Liverpool will be punished with his absence, and Liverpool will be without the key piece of its attack.

It is for this reason, not some knee-jerk, new-found moralist outrage (as if a third time is significantly worse than the first or second) that I think Suarez should be sold. Again, it pains me to type this, as he’s one of my favorite players, and I will miss his performances in a red shirt. However, Liverpool need a stable foundation upon which to build the squad. A player like Suarez can be that foundation, but not if his erratic behavior has left him suspended.

Luckily, there are alternatives available to LFC this summer. Barcelona appear to still be interested in Luis, even after his little nibble. The Catalan club possesses two assets that could be ready-made replacements (both of which could be argued to be a better tactical fit within Rodgers’ preferred system). Alexis Sanchez (25) and Pedro Rodriguez (26) both offer quality, work-rate and goals from a typically right-sided starting position. Sanchez is far closer to Suarez in terms of quality and playing style, but Pedro offers an incisive and predatory presence on the right that has been critical at times for Barcelona and Spain. Should Liverpool be offered one (or both) in a player-plus-cash deal for Suarez, it is my opinion that we should take it. Not only would the deal provide the funds to continue expanding Liverpool’s squad in preparation for the Champions League campaign, but it would provide a ready-made replacement for Suarez in the starting XI.

I will stop short of using the phrase “win-win” in reference to any potential deal between Barcelona and Liverpool, as losing a player of Suarez’s ability is rarely, if ever, a “win”. However, it may be what’s best for Liverpool both in the short and long terms. Should he stay, I will of course support him and enjoy his play and contribution to the squad. However, I believe this most recent indiscretion is an alarm bell, one that Liverpool would be ill-advised to ignore.

donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 on Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:39 pm

Nishy wrote:He let down his country tbh. Not only disgraced them on the international stage, Him not being there was enough for them to be knocked out.

I highly doubt that, have you seen how his country have accepted him back?

I can't deal with this Suarez shit anymore it's actually doing my head in so much, all the progress we made this season could be thrown down the drain because of his actions, i don't even know how to feel right now.

First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte on Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:07 pm

@Red Alert wrote:Yeah, but you weren't going to be disappointed if he was sold last season anyway lol

Before this latest incident, I would have been disappointed if he left.
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly on Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:16 pm

@mr-r34 wrote:
Nishy wrote:He let down his country tbh. Not only disgraced them on the international stage, Him not being there was enough for them to be knocked out.

I highly doubt that, have you seen how his country have accepted him back?

I can't deal with this Suarez shit anymore it's actually doing my head in so much, all the progress we made this season could be thrown down the drain because of his actions, i don't even know how to feel right now.

Its not about his country accepting him or supporting him, Look how it's costs them. They know that.
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame on Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:17 pm

The only way we should sell Suarez is if we secure Sanchez and another world class player.If not he stays regardless of the ban.

Most likely think the ban would be reduced on appeal imo so wont affect our season as bad as it looks right now. He is too good a player and too much important to throw away just becoz of the ban.Unfortunately he have to stay if it doesnt benifit us

First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer on Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:04 pm

actually the right time to sell him would have been at the end of the next season, when we would have already cemented the place in top 4 and that too because he always wanted to leave anyways.

As of now, we need striker other than Studge, I dont think Studge can lead our line for the whole season, that too in 2-3 competitions, specially because of his injury record. If possible, we should try to get Remy

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar on Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:48 pm

Whether he stays or wherever he goes, My best wishes for him. ALWAYS.
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc on Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:31 pm

He's the main reason we are playing CL football now. You should be thankful not calling him "Bitey"

He has my full support and I want him to stay
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer on Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:37 pm

I like the Bitey just for his sheer madness :coffee:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje on Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:57 am

I'd take Müller as a Suarez replacement.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje on Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:24 am

Let's review the 2013 2014 Suarez transfer saga:

Prelude:
- In early spring reports surface about growing Real Madrid Barcelona interest in the forward.
- Suarez makes negative comments about the English media; English journos and pundits rapidly take to social media to explain how this is quite clearly part of the dastardly schemer's plot to justify his impending move and certainly no fault of their own.
- A bite incident appears to cast doubt over any bids for the player, but media quash such suggestions and ensure that the coverage train of the building "Saga" stays unabated.

Summer:
- English media outlets state that Real Madrid Barcelona do not plan to meet Liverpool's demands or the supposed clause, and suggest that Madrid Barca will attempt to use the player's leverage or part/exchange deals with other players to sign Suarez.
- Spanish media reports that Madrid have already agreed a contract with Suarez/his representatives and that a deal will be done early for about half the realistic valuation.
- Information leaks that a part-exchange for Higuain/Ozil Sanchez/Pedro plus cash may not happen; English media shift to suggesting that said players will be sold to other clubs to raise funds for the Suarez deal instead.
- Reports, news, and social media accounts of English journos continue to tell the public how the move is "inevitable" and "imminent" as the summer progresses.

2013:
- No Spanish bid ever arrives, though the Arsenal silliness distracts public from noticing or paying any attention.

It's almost literally cut and paste at this point.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 on Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:12 am

Did anyone see the apology he put out?

First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content