Spanish SuperCopa Second Leg: Real Madrid vs FC Barcelona

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Re: Spanish SuperCopa Second Leg: Real Madrid vs FC Barcelona

Post by FennecFox7 on Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:47 am

If its true then its the medias fault no doubt..

FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Posts : 6341
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Spanish SuperCopa Second Leg: Real Madrid vs FC Barcelona

Post by alexjanosik on Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:31 am

Giggity5313 wrote:
@alexjanosik wrote:I agree.I think at the top of our game,we are still clearly superior to them.We showed that by dominating them for 60 min with a man down.
Problem is we seem to be starting slow in these games,most probably due to the lack of intensity mentioned.That coupled with our shaky defense makes things difficult for us early on.We only start playing after going a goal down.
Full intensity,at our best we can still outplay them easily.

I'll have to disagree alex, it wasn't total domination in the 2nd half. We had a very fair amount of possession and we had quite a few chances as well, not just barca running the 2nd half. Much different from the first leg.

We had around 6 good chances to equalize after going a man down.We should have equalized and probably even won.We also dominated possession and controlled the midfield with 10 men.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Posts : 2476
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Spanish SuperCopa Second Leg: Real Madrid vs FC Barcelona

Post by Le Samourai on Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:01 am

@alexjanosik wrote:
Giggity5313 wrote:
@alexjanosik wrote:I agree.I think at the top of our game,we are still clearly superior to them.We showed that by dominating them for 60 min with a man down.
Problem is we seem to be starting slow in these games,most probably due to the lack of intensity mentioned.That coupled with our shaky defense makes things difficult for us early on.We only start playing after going a goal down.
Full intensity,at our best we can still outplay them easily.

I'll have to disagree alex, it wasn't total domination in the 2nd half. We had a very fair amount of possession and we had quite a few chances as well, not just barca running the 2nd half. Much different from the first leg.

We had around 6 good chances to equalize after going a man down.We should have equalized and probably even won.We also dominated possession and controlled the midfield with 10 men.

We had chances as well, quite a few.

Everyone on the planet knew you were going to have more possession.You didn't lose a midfielder.You lost a forward, a off the ball runner, not someone who impacts your ability to keep possession.

All that was affected was that the defensive line became more free to break up play.

Your possession in dangerous zones was modest.

_________________
avatar
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 11544
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Re: Spanish SuperCopa Second Leg: Real Madrid vs FC Barcelona

Post by guest7 on Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:56 am

You had 55% possession 2nd half and had 1 legit goalscoring chance on top of my mind (Pedro 1on1 chance)

We had Higuain 1on1 chance and Ronaldo chance on top off my mind Laughing

Dominated my ass Laughing



Here is a clip of your domination Laughing
avatar
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 8272
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Spanish SuperCopa Second Leg: Real Madrid vs FC Barcelona

Post by The Sanchez on Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:59 am

Se7en wrote:You had 55% possession 2nd half and had 1 legit goalscoring chance on top of my mind (Pedro 1on1 chance)

We had Higuain 1on1 chance and Ronaldo chance on top off my mind Laughing

Dominated my ass Laughing



Here is a clip of your domination Laughing

Thanks for backfiring your original post... :coffee:
avatar
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3916
Join date : 2011-09-23
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Re: Spanish SuperCopa Second Leg: Real Madrid vs FC Barcelona

Post by alexjanosik on Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:01 pm

@Le Samourai wrote:
@alexjanosik wrote:
Giggity5313 wrote:
@alexjanosik wrote:I agree.I think at the top of our game,we are still clearly superior to them.We showed that by dominating them for 60 min with a man down.
Problem is we seem to be starting slow in these games,most probably due to the lack of intensity mentioned.That coupled with our shaky defense makes things difficult for us early on.We only start playing after going a goal down.
Full intensity,at our best we can still outplay them easily.

I'll have to disagree alex, it wasn't total domination in the 2nd half. We had a very fair amount of possession and we had quite a few chances as well, not just barca running the 2nd half. Much different from the first leg.

We had around 6 good chances to equalize after going a man down.We should have equalized and probably even won.We also dominated possession and controlled the midfield with 10 men.

We had chances as well, quite a few.

Everyone on the planet knew you were going to have more possession.You didn't lose a midfielder.You lost a forward, a off the ball runner, not someone who impacts your ability to keep possession.

All that was affected was that the defensive line became more free to break up play.

Your possession in dangerous zones was modest.

Ofcourse you were going to have chances.Our defense was atrocious.The point was with 10 men we dominated the midfield and chances.I can name 6 clear chances.The Pedro chance came after we made you chase the ball around for a while.Pass,pass,pass,great ball over the top,Csaillas saves.
Pedro had another chance when he straight at Casillas.He should have squared that ball to Messi for a simple tap in.
There was the chance to Alba from the great throughball from Messi.Should have been a goal.Messi then set up Montoya with another great chance.
Tougher chance than the Alba one but still a great one nonetheless.Then there was the shot from Tello which he should have done better with.
Finally the last kick of the game,the Messi shot.That was a great chance and in the zone for him.When he was winding up for the shot,I was sure it would go in.
So we had lots of chances to score and clearly had possession in dangerous areas.More importantly we dominated the play and the midfield while Madrid were still playing on the counter.
As I said it must irk their fans that even with 10 men we still dominated the game and midfield.Just shows the midfield superiority we have over them.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Posts : 2476
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Spanish SuperCopa Second Leg: Real Madrid vs FC Barcelona

Post by guest7 on Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:12 pm

Even more funny, Karanka stating in his presser that we weren't able to sustain that domination we had over you due to our fitness not yet being in optimal form.

We beat you with shitty fitness Laughing We couldn't even beat Getafe with our fitness and form Laughing

Just admit we owned you, a fair reflection of the game would be a manita over you Laughing

Oh and I forgot, we had a legit goal disallowed Laughing It should have been 3-1 by halftime ffs Laughing
avatar
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 8272
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Spanish SuperCopa Second Leg: Real Madrid vs FC Barcelona

Post by alexjanosik on Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:20 pm

A manita.
Ofcourse lets ignore all the chances we had,with 10 men that too,and only count the chances you had.
Fitness.Its the start of the season,everyone is unfit.Plus you had the physical advantage being a man up.
A fair reflection of the game is a narrow win for Madrid which is how it ended up.
But the fact still remains Barca dominated the game with 10 men.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Posts : 2476
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Spanish SuperCopa Second Leg: Real Madrid vs FC Barcelona

Post by Le Samourai on Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:24 pm

Somewhat.

I'm not a fan of Mourinhio so his 2nd half tactics to me left a lot to be desired and I think a similar approach in a more competitive environment may cost us ( as it did against Bayern).

But what I'm trying to get at here is that everyone knows you have a better midfield , you have the best midfield in the world, and even with 10 men you still outnumber us in midfield 3 to 2. So yes , you're going to dominate posession and control tempo most if not all of the time , unless you get completely out hustled ( as you did in the first half).

It's not your midfield dominance the irks me, , no, since you have the best midfield in the world I can forgive that as it is almost inevitable, it's Mourinhio's failure to capitalize on opportunistic moments by attacking and transitioning into different styles.

Your defense makes adjustments to compensate for the loss of man and giving up goals on the counter, you drop your lines press more evenly. Mourinhio should be perceptive enough to recognize this and bring on players who can retain possession so as to exploit the added space between the lines.

Instead he waters down his original approach to a more defensive one.

So that was my problem, not your midfield dominance itself, but the cautious tactics which allows it to flourish.

_________________
avatar
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 11544
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Re: Spanish SuperCopa Second Leg: Real Madrid vs FC Barcelona

Post by danyjr on Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:52 pm

Possession is not only about having a superior midfield. Yes, Barcelona do have the best midfield in the world but that doesn't instantly give them superior possession, because in order to keep possession 1-You need to gain possession in the first place and 2-Extra men offer more passing and pressing options. I don't agree with simply saying they were always going to keep possession with 10 men anyway. No they can't do it all on their own and the need 7 other guys who disposes the opponent and make space for others as well as offer passing options to the midfield.

I agree however about Mourinho's wrong approach. With Barça being a man down and a shaky defence Madrid could have and should have kept possession for longer and try to dictate the play and finish the match off but instead he opted to sit back. He is a very conservative coach and in his defence he knows Barcelona can turn things round in a matter of seconds if you push too many men forward - for example Madrid pushing far up the pitch looking for the third goal and a couple of shot blocks and seconds later Montoya gets a very dangerous chance at the other side of the pitch which could have changed the outcome of the match completely.

_________________
avatar
danyjr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Boca Juniors
Posts : 4819
Join date : 2012-02-24

http://www.tikitakatoom.tk

Back to top Go down

Re: Spanish SuperCopa Second Leg: Real Madrid vs FC Barcelona

Post by Donuts on Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:51 pm

Se7en wrote:Even more funny, Karanka stating in his presser that we weren't able to sustain that domination we had over you due to our fitness not yet being in optimal form.

We beat you with shitty fitness Laughing We couldn't even beat Getafe with our fitness and form Laughing

Just admit we owned you, a fair reflection of the game would be a manita over you Laughing

Oh and I forgot, we had a legit goal disallowed Laughing It should have been 3-1 by halftime ffs Laughing
You won on away goals and you gloat as if you beat us 5-0.. oh the irony.

_________________
https://i.imgur.com/i6BMgLU.gif
avatar
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Toronto
Posts : 5710
Join date : 2012-06-27
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: Spanish SuperCopa Second Leg: Real Madrid vs FC Barcelona

Post by The Franchise on Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:30 pm

Se7en wrote:Even more funny, Karanka stating in his presser that we weren't able to sustain that domination we had over you due to our fitness not yet being in optimal form.

We beat you with shitty fitness Laughing We couldn't even beat Getafe with our fitness and form Laughing

Just admit we owned you, a fair reflection of the game would be a manita over you Laughing

Oh and I forgot, we had a legit goal disallowed Laughing It should have been 3-1 by halftime ffs Laughing

Kizz, has his clown being -25% for such a post? Or are you yet to see it?
avatar
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 18855
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Re: Spanish SuperCopa Second Leg: Real Madrid vs FC Barcelona

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum