Ganso
Abramovich
Die Borussen
Arquitecto
M99
30 posters

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Metal Gear Solid 5 Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official Metal Gear Solid 5 Thread

Post by RealGunner Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:02 am

You get to play as Raiden in the secret mission :bow: :bow:

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Official Metal Gear Solid 5 Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official Metal Gear Solid 5 Thread

Post by RealGunner Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:26 pm

The Official Metal Gear Solid 5 Thread - Page 8 CKkHzAAUYAAVEGf
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:10 am

According a second-hand report of an interview with Metal Gear Solid composer, arranger and singer Rika Muranaka, as relayed on The Codec podcast, Hideo Kojima parted ways with Konami over a wage dispute. Apparently, Kojima receives a salary and does not get a share of the profits if his games perform well. The situation created tension between him and the publisher.

“The main reason for the falling out, at least in [Muranaka’s] opinion, is that Kojima gets paid a salary, and doesn't make any profit share on the game,” said Daley on The Codec podcast. “He gets paid a certain amount no matter what, and he was spending so much money and delaying the project, and adding all these features and making sure the game was the biggest and best thing it could be, and Konami was unhappy with that because [delaying] has no effect on him.

“He was spending the budget on this and that and upgrading the Fox Engine and then delaying further because the engine wasn't ready, and Konami wasn't happy with that because he gets his salary and he takes a more traditional ‘Japanese man’ approach by not taking a profit share. So in doing that, he gets a little more than a game creator would but doesn't take bonuses from the game selling well…

“In her eyes, Kojima's a fantastic creator,” Daley continued, “and probably the best creator of his time, but he doesn't have a strong business sense like Konami would like him to have. Where instead of, for example, cutting corners by lowering foliage resolution, he wants to make sure everything looks as good and polished as possible.

“She [Muranaka] said they paid for her to write 30-40 songs that ended up not being used, and he'd tell her to write another one, then another one, then another one, because he settles for what he likes and has a good mind for what people want to see and what people want to hear…

“She's worked directly with Kojima for the music before so she does have some insight, and personally believes that the music has suffered in MGSV because she's not a part of it, because they couldn't afford her. So instead of paying her to go to all these people and recruit them for the music, they chose to remove her from the equation and go to the people directly.”

Basically Kojima wants to make the best game possible for us. And Konami can't understand that Laughing

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:18 am

Sounds like they are pissed with how long it's taking.....( especially when you consider basically all their franchises outside of PES and MGS are now dead Laughing ) i'd understand that in theory but surely with Kojima's track record you can trust him lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:22 am

He is a perfectionist lol. And he understands what fans want.

Massive shame he won't make another MGS.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:31 am

All that will probably happen is he'll make a "spiritual successor" to MGS and it will probably share things in common with MGS without actually using the same licenses and characters etc so he doesn't get sued lol.

That's if he wants to anyway, a lot of old devs have been doing things like that recently. No matter who Konami get to make a Metal Gear game it will be nowhere as good anyway, not just because of Kojima but also because it's quite likely the people that work with him will probably leave Konami as soon as he does lmao.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:09 pm

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/08/12/ranking-hideo-kojimas-8-metal-gear-games?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Actually quite a good list by IGN for once

I personally would rate MGS4 higher but Snake Eater is considered to be an all time great, universally so not much objections.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:14 pm

That's extremely similar to my list lol.

M99 wrote:MGS 4 was your favorite? hmm

My list is

MGS
MGS 3
Peace Walker
MGS 4
MGS 2
Portable Ops
MG 2
MG

Just 4 and 2 along with 1 and 3 are switched.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:25 pm

Haven't played any of them except for 2 The Official Metal Gear Solid 5 Thread - Page 8 Lulcas11
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:30 pm

play ground zeroes you pleb
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:33 pm

I forgot i downloaded it loooool.

I promise i will between now and September lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:55 pm

really need to will myself into playing ground zeroes Laughing

sometime within the next week for sure

I'm worried I won't like it though since I'm not a big fan of stealth games generally

also need to see if I can find a write-up of the entire MGS story that isn't a billion pages long
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:47 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:All that will probably happen is he'll make a "spiritual successor" to MGS and it will probably share things in common with MGS without actually using the same licenses and characters etc so he doesn't get sued lol.

That's if he wants to anyway, a lot of old devs have been doing things like that recently. No matter who Konami get to make a Metal Gear game it will be nowhere as good anyway, not just because of Kojima but also because it's quite likely the people that work with him will probably leave Konami as soon as he does lmao.
He said after MGS4 that he can't be arsed with more MGS games. Konami forced him to make PW & MGS5. Can see him do something elser after MGS5.

The guy been doing MGS since what, late 90's lol..
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:54 pm

Firenze wrote:really need to will myself into playing ground zeroes Laughing

sometime within the next week for sure

I'm worried I won't like it though since I'm not a big fan of stealth games generally

also need to see if I can find a write-up of the entire MGS story that isn't a billion pages long

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/2050xm/metal_gear_the_complete_story/

Best story in any video game tbh. But it's extremely complicated. Even Kojima said that in order to fix some aspect of the story, he will have to remake every game from scratch Laughing

But if you don't like stealth games then maybe you won't like MGS games. The best feeling in the game is to go through entire mission without being detected
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:59 pm

cheers, will give that a read

I will learn to enjoy stealth for MGS tbh tbf

Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:31 am

Better be getting Deus Ex aswell Melotrance hmm
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:38 pm

This is CLASSIC kojima rofl rofl

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:39 pm

This is actually a thing? Laughing

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:39 pm

Yea Laughing

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:42 pm

LMAO.

Definitely getting it for that alone tbh, not sure when though as when it comes out i'll be on holiday hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:07 pm

Loool read that you can do that, did not believe it at all Laughing
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:13 pm

definitely gonna start ground zeroes in a few days, quite hyped for MG now tbh

you found any good deals RG? might just download it digitally if it's out earlier in the US, altho I imagine it's like 100 gigs ffs (though I recently upgraded to dat 50mb/s Proud INB4 PS4 speeds are still trash). seen that spoilers are all over the internet so stay safe.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:20 pm

I pre-ordered it back in May/June lol

Found a good tesco deal that was selling 2 ps4 games for 70. So this will cost me 35.

I'll keep an eye anyways. Pls play GZ asap.

Never been this excited for a game in my life. Literally counting days.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:58 pm

Just gonna order it from Shopto, day 1 steelbook edition looks sexy ffs

usually get it a day early with them
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:08 pm

hope tesco sends it early too
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:58 am

10/10 in IGN and Gamespot.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next