CBarca
Cyborg
urbaNRoots
FalcaoPunch
Onyx
16 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Falcao's father: My son's dream is to play for Real Madrid - Page 2 Empty Re: Falcao's father: My son's dream is to play for Real Madrid

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:59 am

this is really dumb to me.

I will say this, the reason Falcao is what he is today is because he has been trusted since his River days as the n1 guy in attack. He is THE striker, and the other CFs are his back ups. At Porto, he was n1, at Atletico he is n1, no rotation bullshit, and so he reached the full extent of his potential, and is now recognized as the most in form n9 out there.

You wont get your CF to reach his potential if you change him every goddamn week. The silly rotation system Mourinho brought here was good for a start, but it's not the natural order of things. As a consequence, you can see our CFs lacking sharpness and deadly instinct in clasicos for ex, both Higgy and Benz miss too much. We should have made a choice long ago, and allowed one of our guys to fast track towards his maximum potential.

If Higuain goes to Juventus, they will play him every week and he will become better than he ever was for us. If Benzema goes to Arsenal, Wenger will turn him into RVP 2.0. And lots of madridistas will be left weeping. We have two incredible young players at the club, but one must be allowed to grow. And picking one over the other isnt exactly blasphemy, even if i dont personally trust Higuain.

Let's make a choice with one of our guys, going out to buy isnt necessarily the solution here. Falcao is attractive NOW, because he is reaching his potential and riding some ridiculous form. Put him in a rotation system and he will loose plenty of his sharpness, his monstrous confidence and that form will dip.

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Falcao's father: My son's dream is to play for Real Madrid - Page 2 Empty Re: Falcao's father: My son's dream is to play for Real Madrid

Post by Die Borussen Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:56 am

nah benz and higgy were always like that werent they?

maybe they cant handle the pressure, but who tells you falcao will react the same way in a rotation system? i reckon he will still be a beast and be able to finish chances like a piece of cake

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:19 am

My argument is that there is something to be said about player development. We dont want to endure the struggles of a player trying to get better, we just want the finished product. Its actually funny because fans like to call their players "next X or Y", "future goat", but if he doesnt reach maximum potential after 3 months, it's better to sign someone else.

I think if you go on to fully trust one of those two, week in and week out, they will turn into something else enterely, and overcome most of what they are criticized for. That's how great CFs come to be.

About Falcao, i al saying that he is riding some ridiculous form. His confidence is sky high at the moment, sharpness is monstrous, he shoots and it goes it. If you kill the momentum of such player because of some ridiculous rotation policy, he will not be as good. And you dont know what kind of chances he will miss, specially when you know that he is also a volume shooter, remember that.

we dont give enough credit to Benzema and Higuain for performing as well as they do given their circumstances

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:48 am

I agree with Nick and his views on the rotation system..

Just play The Big Benz every game and watch him take over the world

:coffee:
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:02 am

Totally agree with nick & swagg.

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:08 am

its not like it could happen regarding falcao, mou already rulled it out

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:30 pm

Since Falcao is too good to be rotated, maybe Callejon can move to CF and be his backup.

Thing with Mourinho's current system is we just need a goalscorer. Falcao > Higuain atm.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:28 pm

We already have a goalscorer, his name is Ronaldo.

When our CFs are in form, we arent having this discussion. Neither are in top condition, so naturally, whichever striker in form is a better fit... No, it doesnt quite work like that.

To this day, a Benzema like CF has proven to be the better fit, all we need from him is sharper scoring instincts and more aggressiveness in front of the goal. That's something even RVP developped overtime, because he was trusted and allowed to grow.

Again, an Higuain fan can say exactly the same and i would understand him, even if i disagree.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:37 pm

Nick so you don't think someone with aerial ability gives us another dimension entirely?

I agree with everything you say except that a Benzema like player is the best fit. I think for him to be the best fit you have to use him properly...you need to give him more touches and allow attacking play to flow through him.

And that's not going to happen.

Regardless of that...our style in important games under Mourinhio is something he's just not suited for. It involves too much playing off the ball.

I don't think we should buy anyone and rotate him...that much is clear to me...but while Mourinhio and Ronaldo are here I wouldn't be object to getting a striker who gives that extra aerial dimension.

Because it's an area that can be exploited within the system.

Bear in mind I'm not a Falcao fan....and I do think his form and the system he plays in had led to him being slightly overrated.Despite that I do think that single essential quality that we lack leads to him being a better fit.

Only so much I can complain about Di Maria and Ronaldo sending in crosses....they clearly aren't stopping...might as well get someone who can capitalize on them.

Last edited by Le Samourai on Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:42 pm

We already have Ronaldo, however 2 goalscorers > 1 imo.

Higuain and Benzema are goalscorers, however I think Falcao's a better one.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:16 pm

@Sam, Benzema is in the right system, enough of the attack is going through him, and he is getting enough touches. He is not Messi, it wont get much better than that, and no team will flow through him exclusely. That's not happening as of now.

I do think he is the right fit, despite his deficiency in the air, but he is a good player and he can get results when he is in top form. It's about converting the chances you have, and i believe he is quite good at creating for himself, something not a lot of CFs excel at.

problem with Benz at the moment is sharpening his CFs skills, runs, movements in an around the box, playing away from the ball etc...

@MT, Falcao is better so what? we should sell both to sign him?

Falcao is an fanstastic scorer, but people are getting overwhelmed by his hype at the moment.

If Higuain had scored his 4 chances vs Barca, or Benzema as well, we wouldnt be having this discussion. You are stuck in a moment when you think that just replacing them with Falcao will make it all better, without ever thinking at the bigger picture.

CFs at elite level are creatures of habit and form. Falcao plays all the time, his confidence is sky high, he carries his momentum and he scores all the time. Same with RVP nowadays, or Ibra.

I say Benz, or to a lesser extent Higuain could achieve the same, given the same opportunities.

No top CF in football is in competition like Benzema or HIguain, yet our guys are top 5-10 guys. Reaching the top 3 is a matter of maturity and trust for those 2.

Last edited by Mr Nick09 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:25 pm

Falcao has always been a great scorer. He is just now getting more recognition.
Also in part with his form with Colombia.

Now. I would love to have Falcao in Madrid.
But we already have Higgy and Benz. And nick about summed it up already
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:34 pm

Well we disagree there so there's no point in fighting it down.

I believe he's a great player who a team should flow through , and that he would be much much better with more touches. I think the decisions he makes with the ball and his productivity with it backs that up.

You think he's a good player with some deficiencies but could still be a great one if given more playing time and if he learnt some of the more finite aspects of being a centre forward.

I think we see his role differently, you want him to adapt , I want him to fulfill his potential.

So we're always going to come to different conclusions.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:20 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:this is really dumb to me.

I will say this, the reason Falcao is what he is today is because he has been trusted since his River days as the n1 guy in attack. He is THE striker, and the other CFs are his back ups. At Porto, he was n1, at Atletico he is n1, no rotation bullshit, and so he reached the full extent of his potential, and is now recognized as the most in form n9 out there.

You wont get your CF to reach his potential if you change him every goddamn week. The silly rotation system Mourinho brought here was good for a start, but it's not the natural order of things. As a consequence, you can see our CFs lacking sharpness and deadly instinct in clasicos for ex, both Higgy and Benz miss too much. We should have made a choice long ago, and allowed one of our guys to fast track towards his maximum potential.

If Higuain goes to Juventus, they will play him every week and he will become better than he ever was for us. If Benzema goes to Arsenal, Wenger will turn him into RVP 2.0. And lots of madridistas will be left weeping. We have two incredible young players at the club, but one must be allowed to grow. And picking one over the other isnt exactly blasphemy, even if i dont personally trust Higuain.

Let's make a choice with one of our guys, going out to buy isnt necessarily the solution here. Falcao is attractive NOW, because he is reaching his potential and riding some ridiculous form. Put him in a rotation system and he will loose plenty of his sharpness, his monstrous confidence and that form will dip.

THIS, pretty much

The red bit hit the nail in the coffin
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:17 pm

i agree that we/you should put trust in the current players, obviously it might turn out to be a wise choice

obviously both benz and higuain are world class players each one with his capabilities thats a fact
but nick you said had benz buried that chances against that team whoever and whenever it was we wouldnt be saying these words right now,
thing is he didnt and him and higuain constantly fail to do so

i said both of them are world class players, but not world class finishers
sorry and i know thats my opinion, but taking in consideration the chances they get each game no matter the actual minutes they have to produce them they do not deserve to be called world class finishers

given that real madrid its actually targeting for each and every possible title its only normal for people to ask for the best instant solution

and by the words of yours not benz nor higuain are an instant solution

the rotation system might affect a player's performance but what does it have to do with finishing? you do not forget how to finish, its a natural gift and its the last step to reach the target in a game, that step isnt depended on form and certainly wont get affected by reducement of the time on the pitch

im not saying falcao will certainly be the better choice atm for real madrid, he might be he might be not, what i know is that nor benz or higuain offer what madrid needs in attack
they both offer things that the team can get from other players too.

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:53 pm

Falcao's father: My son's dream is to play for Real Madrid - Page 2 3rc1ws
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:13 pm

Pedram wrote:Falcao's father: My son's dream is to play for Real Madrid - Page 2 3rc1ws

Falcao's father: My son's dream is to play for Real Madrid - Page 2 28339375
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:18 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Pedram wrote:Falcao's father: My son's dream is to play for Real Madrid - Page 2 3rc1ws

Falcao's father: My son's dream is to play for Real Madrid - Page 2 28339375
Reported for trolling
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:26 pm

Ninis wrote:
obviously both benz and higuain are world class players each one with his capabilities thats a fact
but nick you said had benz buried that chances against that team whoever and whenever it was we wouldnt be saying these words right now,
thing is he didnt and him and higuain constantly fail to do so

the rotation system might affect a player's performance but what does it have to do with finishing? you do not forget how to finish, its a natural gift and its the last step to reach the target in a game, that step isnt depended on form and certainly wont get affected by reducement of the time on the pitch
I dont think you understood my point. Finishing is actually about form and confidence. The mental aspect of the game is something fans keep ignoring because of the fifa culture in which, you can just plug in a player with better stats and he will do better. No it doesnt work like that.

Players, and strikers more than the rest, need to build that confidence by chaining games. The more they play, the more they can score, and the more confident in their scoring.

I explained that Falcao became the scorer he is now as the result of what he built up since his River days, and then Porto, and now Patetico. It's an insane streak, and when you look at it, most CFs on top of the game have been trusted as n1 at some point, and they never let it up.

Falcao's finishing got better and better over the years, it's not a matter of him being naturally gifted, he worked it week in and week out.

When you dont get to work on your rhythm and streak weeks after weeks as our CFs, you lose sharpness and confidence. In big moments, it can be detrimental to your effectiveness. Rotation is a good way to put your CFs to work, but neither will ever reach max potential in that system. Both are stagnating right now.

Ninis wrote:
i said both of them are world class players, but not world class finishers
sorry and i know thats my opinion, but taking in consideration the chances they get each game no matter the actual minutes they have to produce them they do not deserve to be called world class finishers

given that real madrid its actually targeting for each and every possible title its only normal for people to ask for the best instant solution

and by the words of yours not benz nor higuain are an instant solution

im not saying falcao will certainly be the better choice atm for real madrid, he might be he might be not, what i know is that nor benz or higuain offer what madrid needs in attack
they both offer things that the team can get from other players too.

Last year, Higuain was converting every one of his touches in goals, back then he was a world class finisher, now its not the case anymore.

Something i noticed is that madrid fans themselves dont put other players they want under the same scrutiny as our own. Look at some Falcao games and he will miss a great deal before bagging one or two. He is called goat, but a madrid player would be called out for the waste...just food for thought

Even if we sign Falcao, we have 0 guarantee to win more things. We showed last season we had the level to reach the end of every competition.

there are no instant solution is football, there is only sustained work that will pay off overtime, that's a simple truth in footy.

When do you talk about how Falcao will respond to a whole new tactical system in Madrid, the limited freedom he would have in his role here compared to Atletico, how he would handle the rotation of mou and its impact on his form? you know...actual topics that will impact his scoring. We only want to look at the goods...
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:29 pm

@Mole

Please refrain from posting such stuff in the Madrid section. Here it is definitely out of place. Consider yourself warned.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:55 am

It's a joke... wtf? Are you guys that sensitive?

OT: Honest question- do you guys see Ronaldo and Falcao co-existing in the same team, assuming you guys bought him?
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:02 am

I think he can..for the reasons I've outlined above.

They won't necessarily be friends and Falcao won't make Ronaldo better...but they have some mutualistic qualities.

Once Ronaldo scores more goals all should be well.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:57 am

Spanish broadsheet newspaper El Confidencial have reported that Real Madrid are in the driving seat to sign Atletico Madrid forward Radamel Falcao ahead of Chelsea.

It has been revealed the Real Madrid president Florentino Perez recently had dinner with Atletico Madrid representatives Miguel Angel Gil and Enrique Cerezo which has been seen as the first step of calming the relations between the two clubs.

They are fierce rivals and that was thought to be a huge barrier towards a sale despite Falcao being keen on the move. A similar situaton happened with Sergio Aguero and he ended up going to Manchester City which, according to his father-in-law Diego Maradona, was a travesty.

El Confidencial say that an agreement has been made for the Colombian international to arrive at the La Liga Champions next season with it all depending on whether Perez is willing to meet the buyout clause of €60m - afigure which does appear to increase each time its reported in the Spanish press.

Going off Perez’s record signings of Kaka and Ronaldo in recent years it is likely they will pay what their local rivals are asking. The club has fallen behind Barcelona this season and trail the Catalans by eleven points in the league so the signing of Falcao will show intent to close this gap next season.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:48 pm

I'd love him here. But with Ronaldo I see that being difficult.

But I don't want him here. It's do more harm than good for him.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:54 pm

Marca:

Radamel Falcao's future is set to be one of the summer's biggest soap operas. For now, it all looks quite uncertain. Most experts predict that the Colombian forward will leave Atlético.

However, Atlético de Madrid’s president Enrique Cerezo maintains that the former Porto striker will see out the remaining three years of his contract with the club: until 30th June 2016.

Falcao has given the odd clue regarding his future. He recently told Atlético that he isn’t going to sign for Real Madrid. Now, he has shed further light on the matter. It happened just before he linked up with Colombia to face Bolivia and Venezuela in the South American qualifiers for the 2014 Brazil World Cup.

El Tigre informed the Atlético board that he wouldn't be joining Chelsea, either. In spite of, or perhaps because of these two declarations, there are still doubts surrounding the issue.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:56 pm

Marca TV:

Real Madrid apparently no longer interested in Falcao.

Real Madrid would have to match the 10m a year someone offered Falcao last December, which would actually be 20m due to Spanish tax.

Real Madrid may have to pay an additional 15m from the buyout clause, due to being rivals with Atletico.

Falcao's form has also dropped since Real Madrid first asked for him.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next