Red Alert
Art Morte
McAgger
37 posters

Page 35 of 36 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

Go down

LFC GL Community - Page 35 Empty Re: LFC GL Community

Post by iftikhar Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:20 am

poolsupporter wrote:Can't say I recognize Hames or Curtinho. Name changes?
You definitely know Hames, he is one of the old guards. But having gone through numerous name changes, myself too can't recall what he used to be called before.

Curtinho is relatively new, but he has been around for some time. May be you know him too; but given the name-change syndrome, it can't said for sure.

iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:41 pm

Hames was McAgger. I don't remember the name before that for him. Curtinho was James as far as I remember Razz

Arq came back for a while, DontTreadonRed also makes an occasional appearance.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:45 pm

I was El Cujo before Curtinho but never a James. hmm
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:37 am

hmm
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:45 pm

Just noticed main man Hames has turned 100 today. Proud

Happy Birthday if its true drinking
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:24 pm

Nishankly wrote: But we have a few other posters keeping this place alive (Sri, Hapless, Lucifer etc).

Hey beautiful! You ladies missed me? Wink

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:48 pm

happy to contribute my share to the LGBT community
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:01 pm

15 days to the next LFC game, Thought i'll bring this thread upto speed.

I've been attending interviews for B Schools. Got around 5 more lined up. Damn for me this time will pass very quickly.

Planning on finalizing and booking the vacation to Nepal to see the Everest as well in mid March.

What about you guys? Any plans?
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:49 pm

What are you attending interviews for? To go to school? A vacation to Nepal sounds nice hope you enjoy it.

Well I'm getting divorced and have been dedicating a lot of time to training in soccer. I only started playing 2 1/2 years ago but I'm pretty happy with my progress. Trying out for a few different men's competitive teams this spring in higher divisions than I've played previously.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:54 pm

Business Schools for a PG degree in International Business. Preferably abroad. Been preparing for this since a few months now. I plan on rewarding myself with Nepal if I manage to get something in the top 15 schools abroad.

You've started playing late? I played till I was 21, Quit it after an ACL. Was pretty good in my time IMO :coffee:
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:11 am

2017 has been as awful as it could be. Well, you all know the LFC part. Skipped class (MBA) all through January and now paying some hefty fines to keep my registration. Yielded little rewards but lots of hazards in both my jobs. Then, one of my friends who was on a cycling trip to Laos went missing and was later found dead. But hey, things can only get better; right?

Curtinho wrote:Well I'm getting divorced
Sad

Nishy wrote:Business Schools for a PG degree in International Business.
So you are done with your Bachelor???

I forgot to mention that Bangladesh got raped by NZ and India (it's Cricket, only thing we are decent at), total pussies. :facepalm: :brickwall: LFC GL Community - Page 35 2276801876
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:30 pm

Nishankly wrote:Business Schools for a PG degree in International Business. Preferably abroad. Been preparing for this since a few months now. I plan on rewarding myself with Nepal if I manage to get something in the top 15 schools abroad.

You've started playing late? I played till I was 21, Quit it after an ACL. Was pretty good in my time IMO :coffee:

Wow that sounds pretty awesome! Do you have any preferred schools? Hope you get into one.

Yeah I started playing at 27 haha. I always loved the game but I never played growing up just kind of kicked the ball around a bit with my grandfather from time to time (he and my father were born in the Netherlands). So finally in 2014 I resolved to get enough people together to enter my own team (tried joining an existing team once but they just left me on the bench most of the time).

So 2 and 1/2 years in now I got recruited to a men's competitive team last year and I'm playing top division COED (which is still pretty good level I think, some players that won Nationals play there too). I think I've progressed pretty quickly because I'm athletic and spend a lot of time practicing by myself even just in my basement on coerver method drills. My goal is to eventually be good enough to play local Premier level or maybe even semi-pro if that opportunity presents itself. High goals for someone starting so late but I just love playing -- my life is practically soccer lol

iftikhar wrote:2017 has been as awful as it could be. Well, you all know the LFC part. Skipped class (MBA) all through January and now paying some hefty fines to keep my registration. Yielded little rewards but lots of hazards in both my jobs. Then, one of my friends who was on a cycling trip to Laos went missing and was later found dead. But hey, things can only get better; right?

Sad

I forgot to mention that Bangladesh got ***** by NZ and India (it's Cricket, only thing we are decent at), total *******. :facepalm: :brickwall: LFC GL Community - Page 35 2276801876

That's really sad man. Yeah I would just say try to find a silver lining in everything. I know it's hard sometimes but life is too short to dwell on the negatives.

It's not a sad thing; it's a good thing. I have a bit of a weird philosophy on life about doing the right things even if that means making the hard decisions and being happy regardless of how society or other people view it (as long as you're not intentionally hurting others). We just weren't happy and I feel in the long term it will benefit both of us. I wish her nothing but happiness and I respect her a lot still.

What's cricket? Jk jk. I've never seen or played it but I've heard it's quite popular.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:06 pm

Curtinho wrote:
Nishankly wrote:Business Schools for a PG degree in International Business. Preferably abroad. Been preparing for this since a few months now. I plan on rewarding myself with Nepal if I manage to get something in the top 15 schools abroad.

Wow that sounds pretty awesome! Do you have any preferred schools? Hope you get into one.

Yeah I started playing at 27 haha. I always loved the game but I never played growing up just kind of kicked the ball around a bit with my grandfather from time to time (he and my father were born in the Netherlands). So finally in 2014 I resolved to get enough people together to enter my own team (tried joining an existing team once but they just left me on the bench most of the time).

So 2 and 1/2 years in now I got recruited to a men's competitive team last year and I'm playing top division COED (which is still pretty good level I think, some players that won Nationals play there too). I think I've progressed pretty quickly because I'm athletic and spend a lot of time practicing by myself even just in my basement on coerver method drills. My goal is to eventually be good enough to play local Premier level or maybe even semi-pro if that opportunity presents itself. High goals for someone starting so late but I just love playing -- my life is practically soccer lol

The fact that you've managed to use your knowledge of the game from watching to develop your self at a competitive level shows you always had the talent!

Also 2 and a half years is nothing, It took me like 10 years to be confident enough to play matches alongside everyone. I have always been a big game under performer. Sad

Though that didn't stop me from playing District level football and I was a reserve for the state of UP lmao ( India has these levels: School, Zonal, Taluk(Basically a small region), District, State and then National.

I usually play CDM, Started out as a striker, Converted to a CB. Because of my height and built I had to leave the crosses to the taller lads and ultimately got pushed one step forward from CB.

Career wise, I have reached the final rounds of 2 Grande Écoles in France, I might end up taking their offer if they give me an admit. Keeping a keen eye on Le Pen as things stand.

iftikhar wrote:2017 has been as awful as it could be. Well, you all know the LFC part. Skipped class (MBA) all through January and now paying some hefty fines to keep my registration. Yielded little rewards but lots of hazards in both my jobs. Then, one of my friends who was on a cycling trip to Laos went missing and was later found dead. But hey, things can only get better; right?

Sad

Nishy wrote:Business Schools for a PG degree in International Business.
So you are done with your Bachelor???

I forgot to mention that Bangladesh got raped by NZ and India (it's Cricket, only thing we are decent at), total pussies. :facepalm: :brickwall: LFC GL Community - Page 35 2276801876

Hang in there Ifty, Yeah i finished my Bachelors and I've been working since a year. Im not at all satisfied with what my country has to offer so im looking at top opportunities abroad.

Cricket is the only sport I absolutely despise. Its why India is made fun of at the highest level. The moment we let go of this vile sport is when we'll be able to invest into other sports and make a name at the Olympics. There is absolutely no shortage of talent in Sports in India. I think this could be valid for Bangladesh as well.

Last edited by Nishankly on Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:25 pm

Good luck lads, hang in there.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:42 am

Im travelling lads, So plz make the thread. @Curtinho
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu May 25, 2017 6:52 am

Happy Birthday _mrr34, Hope you keep dropping by when you can. Party hard mate drinking drinking
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu May 25, 2017 11:18 am

শুভ জন্মদিন :wub:

(it's happy birthday, in Bangla Wink )
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu May 25, 2017 2:57 pm

iftikhar wrote:শুভ জন্মদিন :wub:

(it's happy birthday, in Bangla Wink )
how do you say unique is a bad ass and is the king of the forum in bangla Very Happy
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:54 am

Thanks boys, growing up got me managing responsibilities but still lurking here and there.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:23 pm

Hey guys... I know I've been hit and miss on here over the past year or so, but I think I've got a pretty good excuse. The little guy below is about to turn one... Between chasing him around and the lack of sleep, I've not had a ton of "free time".

I couldn't help but share this pic. We've got a burgeoning LFC supporter, here.  cheers
LFC GL Community - Page 35 Img_0310
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:09 pm

donttreadonred wrote:Hey guys... I know I've been hit and miss on here over the past year or so, but I think I've got a pretty good excuse. The little guy below is about to turn one... Between chasing him around and the lack of sleep, I've not had a ton of "free time".

I couldn't help but share this pic. We've got a burgeoning LFC supporter, here.  cheers
Wow, just WOW. Bless the little angel :wub: :wub: :wub:
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:38 pm

donttreadonred wrote:Hey guys... I know I've been hit and miss on here over the past year or so, but I think I've got a pretty good excuse. The little guy below is about to turn one... Between chasing him around and the lack of sleep, I've not had a ton of "free time".

cute little man you have there buddy cheers
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:37 pm

Thanks guys. We're blessed to have him.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:16 pm

Nishankly wrote:
iftikhar wrote:
poolsupporter wrote:Hey Nishank. Hope all is well. What happened here? I looked around and it appears Red O is gone as well. Sad
Yes RO has left. Few others have become rare as well. But the rest are still rocking Chaka

Yeah RO and Art left.
Mrr came for a while after the Sunderland game XD, RA and Sepp also drop in time to time.

Right now its Me, Ifty, Hames and Curtinho left, But we have a few other posters keeping this place alive (Sri, Hapless, Lucifer etc).

I see that people forgot me so soon Sad

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:53 pm

Helmer wrote:
Nishankly wrote:
iftikhar wrote: Yes RO has left. Few others have become rare as well. But the rest are still rocking Chaka

Yeah RO and Art left.
Mrr came for a while after the Sunderland game XD, RA and Sepp also drop in time to time.

Right now its Me, Ifty, Hames and Curtinho left, But we have a few other posters keeping this place alive (Sri, Hapless, Lucifer etc).

and me. but I don't think he forgot us I think he just doesn't like us. well me at least :coffee:
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:03 pm

Unique wrote:
Helmer wrote:
Nishankly wrote:

Yeah RO and Art left.

and me. but I don't think he forgot us I think he just doesn't like us. well me at least :coffee:
You two have been missed, not forgotten. :coffee:
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 36 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36  Next