BeautifulGame
Fahim89
McAgger
Art Morte
Arquitecto
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Sunderland v Liverpool Pre|Post Match Discussion Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Sunderland v Liverpool Pre|Post Match Discussion Thread

Post by McAgger Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:48 pm

What a chance Shocked post again Mad

McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Sunderland v Liverpool Pre|Post Match Discussion Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Sunderland v Liverpool Pre|Post Match Discussion Thread

Post by McAgger Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:57 pm

YEEEEESS.....SUAREZ :bow: Sterling :bow:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:21 pm

Finishing . . . . .

:brickwall: (imagining the wall to be a post)
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:24 pm

No Assaidi again Neutral ....I'm starting to think he's not good enough that he doesn't get picked, but hopefully we'll see him in EL.

Oh well, at least we got point. I'll be glad if we just have a run of unbeaten games.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:26 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:No Assaidi again Neutral ....I'm starting to think he's not good enough that he doesn't get picked, but hopefully we'll see him in EL.

Oh well, at least we got point. I'll be glad if we just have a run of unbeaten games.

No. of attempts would be near about 20 to Sunderland's 5-6. Now even after that if you cannot finish off a game. It would be hard really, really really hard.
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:38 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:No Assaidi again Neutral ....I'm starting to think he's not good enough that he doesn't get picked, but hopefully we'll see him in EL.

Seeing Downing being brought on before Assaidi is a little, well, I dunno, but it would be nice to finally see what Assaidi can do. Also Sterling has been immense, making it difficult to substitute him off, so that's keeping Assaidi on the bench as well.

As for the result, well, lots of possession, but we still need more goals.
If we defeat United next week, then this will have been an OK point, but if we don't win, then we'll be sorely missing those two extra points that were there for the taking in this match.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:50 pm

I know Liverpool could not win the match but I still enjoyed the game; because I was watching without any hope for 'win'. It was satisfactory for me the way we played except Borini part and being totally baffled when the opposition catches us on break. I think it will take time for defenders to get used to such counter attacks and being calm to tackle such situations.
Looking forward to young boys, just read impressive stats:
->Liverpool have never failed to score against a Swiss side in Europe (eight games).
->unbeaten in their last seven meetings with teams from Switzerland (W5 D1).

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:53 pm

Another positive we can take from this weekend, is that we are 3 weeks removed from the Lucas injury. Another 5 weeks to go.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:35 am

Really should of won that. Look's like the players confidence is back though, and we finally came back from a goal down to equalise.

We're still giving away stupid goals, but the improvements were there. Still think we'll finish around 5th.

Gerrard was great. Everything went through him, and a motivated Gerrard is the best thing that can happen for Liverpool at the moment.

Raheem Sterling I feel was our best player, everytime we went forward we went towards him. It's funny (but sad) how Downing was ignored everytime and we persisted going towards the way of Raheem.

I was actually surprised seeing Borini as a CF, he did an okay job. Pressed well, had a decent amount of shots on target and looked a lot better in the centre than on the right.

Suarez on the left was interesting. He has more freedom on the left, and doesn't have his back to the goal which is always a plus. I still feel he is ALOT better on the right though. Not sure why people persist on saying he's better on the left whilst during his career he's always done better on the right. He normally cuts in too much on the left to get onto his right foot, but by then he's already closed down. When he's on the right on the other hand, he's already in a position to attack as he has the ball on his preferred foot and just generally looks more dangerous.

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:00 am

Before the start would have taken a draw but should have won considering the performance. So not sure whether it's a good start or not.

But the best thing about yesterday match was our performance once we went a goal down so much better than last season IMO
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3