What's the best phone already out/upcoming that's as good as/better than iPhone 5?

+41
nichabr
M99
Uncanny
Kamikaze692
white_star
stront96
VivaStPauli
Kick
Valkyrja
EarlyPrototype
Firenze
Kaladin
7amood11
BarrileteCosmico
RedOranje
Soul
Le Samourai
bazinga
vizkosity
spanky
Madvillain
Lupi
urbaNRoots
juvefan4life
ramzzm
Amar
Art Morte
RebaƱo Sagrado
Highburied
RED
CBarca
Blue Barrett
Thimmy
LeSwagg James
Dutti
RealGunner
FalcaoPunch
TalkingReckless
Lex
pUsHa
Onyx
45 posters

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

What's the best phone already out/upcoming that's as good as/better than iPhone 5? - Page 8 Empty Re: What's the best phone already out/upcoming that's as good as/better than iPhone 5?

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:00 am

El Shaarawy wrote:Is the GS3 the one where you run emulators on BC ?

yup

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.epsxe.ePSXe&hl=en

http://www.snesoid.com/

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

What's the best phone already out/upcoming that's as good as/better than iPhone 5? - Page 8 Empty Re: What's the best phone already out/upcoming that's as good as/better than iPhone 5?

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:00 am

7amood11 wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:1 month into my GS3 I still can't type a single sentence without typos

There's this app called SwiftKey on Android, download it. I heard it's just as good as an iPhone's keyboard.
I'll give that a shot, thanks.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:33 pm

Picked up an Iphone 5 a couple of months back. Not that impressed with it. It's been a hassle at times too. Wish I waited, like the look of that new Xperia. I wanted the new Lumia, looks beautiful but lol Windows 8.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:34 pm

Legend wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:Just rooted. :bow:

which rom did you use?

Not sure, just rooted using Odin.

There were a few other files I downloaded too, would the ROM have been one of them?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:13 pm

For anyone one who's rooted, do you know how to move apps to the SD card? I've used Gameloft to SD and titanium and neither have worked properly.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:51 am

Tsk tsk Mt.
Should of gotten iPhone
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:07 am

I am thinking of getting the new HTC One but I am gonna wait until S4 is announced but atm the new HTC One is looking gorgeous.

What's the best phone already out/upcoming that's as good as/better than iPhone 5? - Page 8 HTC%20One_Silver_Left_575px
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:30 am

Am I the only one that finds the iPhone 5's design blocky and outdated?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:04 am

Blocky as in it has a narrow screen design?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:38 pm

as in it looks like a brick compared to the more smoothed edged designs
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:53 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Am I the only one that finds the iPhone 5's design blocky and outdated?

It's just everywhere. Every room I walk into its there on the table in every house and office lol. Be it the 4, 4S, 5 etc..
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:42 pm

You probably are I have no idea how someone can say the iPhone 5 is blocky/outdated.

Outdated = Samsung Juke
Blocky = Jitterbug

I'm not sure what your interpretation of the above terms is though

FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:15 pm

Thing with the iPhone is it's expensive and there's phone that are cheaper and better.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:57 pm

Pretty much the only reason I bought my iPhone 5 was because I'm not a fan of this "tablet" phone phenomenon, they're all way too big these days. I pretty much bought it primarily for aesthetics, I'm vain like that. I only use it for music, calls and texts. For me it's the best looking phone on the market, but I'm a fan of simplistic, elegant things.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:00 pm

Yeh, a lot of the high end smartphones nowadays are over 5 inches in terms of height.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:31 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Yeh, a lot of the high end smartphones nowadays are over 5 inches in terms of height.

not really most are 5 to 4, majority being 4.8.... all if not most phones above 5inch are called phablet hybrids aka Note

if you go by screen size, Gs3 is 4.8, Htc is 4.7, Nexus 4 is 4.7....

The iphone maybe 4inch but it's 4.8 in height which is just .5 inch smaller then Gs3 and .4 then Nexus. and resolution wise both are better then Iphone
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:40 pm

I think the majority of quad core phones are over 5 inches.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:09 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Thing with the iPhone is it's expensive and there's phone that are cheaper

Yeah I can agree on that
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:40 pm

However Iphone does have a good resale price
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:49 am

Every time I try and downloaded a big gameloft game, I get a 'could not be downloaded due to an error (498)'. It's either 498, 492 or 488 in the brackets.

However smaller sized games work.

I've tried the swapping the internal and external SD card mod and it hasn't worked.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:56 am

go to sleep

i will tell you tomorrow
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:34 am

It's not my bedtime yet. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:53 pm

What do you think about the new Xperia Z ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:38 pm

5.47 inches is too tall imo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:46 pm

likeastar wrote:What do you think about the new Xperia Z ?

Good looking phone but bigger then S3 and Htc One... and Sony has a bad rep of not updating their phones

http://www.theverge.com/2013/3/11/4084004/sony-xperia-z-review
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:30 am

Slightly off topic but I am currently looking for a new phone.

All I want is somthing that is able to hold and play my music (getting rid of ipod), Has internet and Obviously makes calls and texts. Most importantly though, I'd like one with a long battery life even when playing music.

suggestions?
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next