the game @ Wankdorf on thursday

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: the game @ Wankdorf on thursday

Post by Art Morte on Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:42 pm

Wisdom, Suso, Assaidi and Pacheco all starting, looks interesting.

Art Morte
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Don't call me James on Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:53 pm

I have an Econ exam in 20 mins Sad I'll try to finish it as fast as I can to catch the second half

Don't call me James
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Sampdoria

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte on Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:54 pm

A little quiet in our attacking third, but very happy for Wisdom to score on his debut. A great header as well.

Art Morte
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 on Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:10 pm

wow, just turned the game on to watch that. any more talk of jones > reina is allll done now.

stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame on Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:21 pm

Jones had a pretty good game i thought.

Carra was just awful and Enrique looked quite unfit.At this rate Robinson and wisdom should be ahead of these two.

BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 on Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:50 pm

Missed most of the game but jonjo :bow: , can someone give me a brief of how the game unfolded

mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Betis

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 on Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:06 pm

@BeautifulGame wrote:Jones had a pretty good game i thought.

Carra was just awful and Enrique looked quite unfit.At this rate Robinson and wisdom should be ahead of these two.

Jones did have a solid game. The first thing I saw - and by first, I mean, stream opened, cross gets kicked, in under a second - was Young Boys' equalizer at 2-2. Replays showed he wasn't at fault, but the first glimpse I saw made it look like he could've made a better effort, so I signed on to complain

stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Don't call me James on Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:12 am

Missed the whole match sadly. Exams Mad I'm waiting for some thorough analysis from one of our many bright analysts on here Thumbs up

or a highlight video, that would suffice as well. Razz

Don't call me James
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte on Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:32 am

Haven't got time for a thorough analysis, but in the first-half we kept the ball well and were organised only for lacking that change of rhythm or clever ideas in the final third.

Our first three goals were a comical own goal and two defenders scoring headers from corners, that probably describes it quite well.

Second half was quite open, Young Boys scoring on a counter and our defence looking to be sailing without direction. Towards the end there was more space and Shelvey exploited that well, scoring a couple of good goals.

One thing we were bad at was communication between defence and midfield, we left too often space for Young Boys to get in between. Sahin was quite invisible and probably needed to pay more attention defensively. Henderson did all right, but overall you could tell that that was a midfield that had no experience in playing together.

Anyway, an entertaining game and fine three points, especially considering that Udinese and Anzhi drew Thumbs up

Art Morte
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 on Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:36 am

@Art: its amazing that how you can make a 3-5 AWAY WIN with an almost U21 SQUAD look very very DISMAL ! ! !

Anyhow i could not see the game but really really am very very happy with the fight that kids showed. Good result brilliant away win severe confidence booster for the lads. . PERIOD ! ! Chaka

Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert on Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:01 am

Suso, Assaidi and Shelvey impressed the most imo.

Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Don't call me James on Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:04 am

Torrented the full game...gonna watch it tomorrow cheers

Don't call me James
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly on Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:26 am

Ratings for those who didnt watch the game.

Jones - 6.5 - Couldnt do much about the three goals. Did well and didnt put a foot wrong when it came to corners and crosses.

Wisdom - 9 - Didnt put a single foot wrong. Excellent defending. Excellent goal. Excellent player. Excellent talent. Is he actually a RB, as he rarely ventures forward.

Carragher - 6 - Shaky but was decent.

Coates - 7 - Was good. Used his long legs and height to its actual potential. Got his goal.

Enrique - 3 - Horrendous.

Suso - 8 - Great game. Had good vision, Great one touch passing. Kept beating his man. Almost scored when he went past 3 players neatly, Should have shot at goal but that's what he will learn from experience.

Hendo - 7.5 - Did nothing wrong in the game. Hard worker. 2 assists.

Sahin - 7 - Lack lustre first half, Second half he was excellent. But still would prefer Shelvey starting over him.

Assaidi - 7 - Was good. We saw flashes of his pace and ability to beat a man. A bit unfit but he was a nuisance.

Pacheco - 5 - Sadly put upfront on his own, Held the ball up decently but was mostly invisible because of their 2 defenders marking him all the time.

Downing - 6 - Some great passes and some poor ones. Kept running till the end of his shift.

Subs -

Borini - 8.5- Livewire, We instantly looked much more dangerous with him in the team. Created 2-3 half chances for himself withing minutes of his arrival on the field. Easily one of the best strikers we got.

Shelvey - 9 - :bow:

Sterling - 6 - Introduced late, Didnt see much of the ball.

Nishankly
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer on Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:57 am

Messiah, brilliant idea, you are lucky!!!
here in germany, the torrents are banned Mad
but i watched the whole match, i m surprised how no one noticed henderson...i think he worked very hard throughout the game, can also say that he set up for shelvey for fourth and vital goal of the game, I am happy to see change in his attitude compared to previous games Very Happy
I am sure, the more time he spends under BR, he will have more confidence and will be develop into a good player, just that he should larn to use his pace more wisely
also, Borini also playeed good, his runs through the defenders created panic in d back line of young boys and also creatd more space which allowed shelvey to take shots at goal albino
overall I am really happy....three goals in first four matches of EPL and five goals in one game of europa league cheers
off course i realise the difference in quality of games, but still...
I hope defensively, individual errors will reduce in future

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje on Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:18 pm

Enrique certainly wasn't any worse than Downing, who gave away possession for at least two of their goals/chances. Carragher was also as at fault for two of the goals as Enrique was for the first.

Wisdom could have done better for Ojala's goal (at the correct end).

Not sure I agree with many of those ratings, honestly.

RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Don't call me James on Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:12 am

Watched the whole game tonight Thumbs up I have to agree with those of you that said Enrique, Carra, and Pacheco were papiss poor. Carra and Enrique were at fault for so many of Young Boys' chances. Young Wisdom seems like a strong defender, but it was clear that he's not a RB, he can't offer anything going forward on the wing, but defensively very sound (albeit I do blame him for giving Ojala that header). Coates was very composed and didn't do anything wrong I thought. One thing I would criticize him for is that he hoofs by far more than anyone on the team, even more than Carra :brickwall: .

Our midfield trio of Sahin, Hendo, and Suso were all outstanding. They haven't played at all together so there definitely was some miscommunication but they did rather well. They weren't able to create many chances but to be fair to them Pacheco was awful and Downing was his usual below average self. As for Assaidi, I liked him a lot. He's great with the ball and isn't afraid to take on his man unlike Stewie.

Shelvey and Borini changed the whole game for me in the second half. They came on and you could tell the difference with having an actual striker roaming the final third. Shelvey with some beautiful goals :bow: Raheem didn't really get enough time to show much, and I kind of wish BR didn't even bring him on.

Great three points. For a 5-3 scoreline, the match was pretty meh attacking wise.

Don't call me James
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Don't call me James on Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:18 am

Forgot to mention Jones was great. Don't blame him for any of the goals. He's much better than Reina at dealing with crosses.

Don't call me James
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:37 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top