VanDeezNuts
guest7
huntsman
93 posters

Page 10 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Iker Casillas - Page 10 Empty Re: Iker Casillas

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:18 pm

linetty wrote:He declined but was a beast back in the day so I don't really get what actually was it that you 'called'

Meet Gil, the i'm always right kid.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:41 pm

glad he gonna be gone soon, tired of his bs clearly past it and using his influence in the club to start anyway, hope ramos follow him out the door
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:38 pm

finally Navas can cement his place :coffee:
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:42 pm

B-Mac wrote:finally Navas can cement his place :coffee:

He has already cemented his bench spot.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:52 pm

B-Mac wrote:finally Navas can cement his place :coffee:

Laughing

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:44 am

I agree with Gil. Iker at his best is nowhere near Buffon or even prime Cech. The guys basics were barely above average. Ovverated because he played for Spain and RM.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:23 pm

oh ffs. "basics barely above average". Laughing

The guy was beasting for many years. He isn't anymore. That's the bottom line.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:34 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:oh ffs. "basics barely above average". Laughing

The guy was beasting for many years. He isn't anymore. That's the bottom line.

I'm serious. He was awful at coming to collect aerial balls. Distribution, nothing elite about it, he couldn't lead the backline. He was a pure reflex gk with a good positioning. Once that left him he became useless. van der Sar, Cech and Buffon show how its done once your natural and physical abilities decline. Same thing as when sky kept harping on about epl being the best league in history. repeat it enough times and it sticks.

Neuer now is better than Iker has ever been in his career. People always try and throw in the number of trophies. I suppose Pique is the best cb in history as well.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:55 pm

that's pathetic. he pulled the most amazing saves I've ever seen in his prime. back in our dark ages pre 2009-10 he was winning us game after game.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:19 pm

Valkyrja wrote:that's pathetic. he pulled the most amazing saves I've ever seen in his prime. back in our dark ages pre 2009-10 he was winning us game after game.

Nothing I hadn't seen peter schmeichel do before and nowhere near as extraordinary. The Cannavaro of GKs.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:25 pm

Casillas is a piece of shit but its a whole lot of nonsense you are posting here jibers. Casillas might not have Ever been the most complete player of all time at his position but he sure as hell achieved more than all the keepers you mentioned up there because mentally he was a monster and he almost always rose to the challenge in the most difficult games a gk can play: CL finals, Euro finals, world cup finals.

Thiago Silva is more complete than someone like Thuram or Desailly ever were, but try to argue that he is a better player pound for pound Laughing little bitch crying in world cup Laughing

Completeness doesnt define a career, accomplishments and milestones do, and casillas sure as hell has achieved as much as most. Neuer reached hia prime at 26, Casillas came in a CL at 18 at dominated. Calm ur tits nikka
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:29 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Casillas is a piece of shit but its a whole lot of nonsense you are posting here jibers. Casillas might not have Ever been the most complete player of all time at his position but he sure as hell achieved more than all the keepers you mentioned up there because mentally he was a monster and he almost always rose to the challenge in the most difficult games a gk can play: CL finals, Euro finals, world cup finals.

Thiago Silva is more complete than someone like Thuram or Desailly ever were, but try to argue that he is a better player pound for pound Laughing little bitch crying in world cup Laughing

Completeness doesnt define a career, accomplishments and milestones do, and casillas sure as hell has achieved as much as most. Neuer reached hia prime at 26, Casillas came in a CL at 18 at dominated. Calm ur tits nikka

Lol that's true, you can say whatever you want about Ramos but the guy has no fear. Silva is one of the shittiest captain i've ever seen.

btw jibers, was Pirlo complete ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:31 pm

Euh, sorry but with ramos, i dont follow u. He is a scrub who mentally peaked once when we won la decima that's it
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:41 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Casillas is a piece of shit but its a whole lot of nonsense you are posting here jibers. Casillas might not have Ever been the most complete player of all time at his position but he sure as hell achieved more than all the keepers you mentioned up there because mentally he was a monster and he almost always rose to the challenge in the most difficult games a gk can play: CL finals, Euro finals, world cup finals.

Let me put it another way, there are several GKs I would take over Iker at his peak, complete or not. Cl final he almost cost us La Decima Laughing

I couldn't give a damn about completeness as a whole. My point is that he is ovverated and compaed to Peter S and Buffon at their peaks, he doesn't hold up. Cannavaro of GKs.

Pirlo was underrated before but ever since that England vs Italy game in Euro 12 (surprise surprise) he is criminally ovverated by everybody now. I have overheard some people calling him the greatest cm in history. It's crazy how the media influences people.

Mr Nick09 wrote:Euh, sorry but with ramos, i dont follow u. He is a scrub who mentally peaked once when we won la decima that's it

Show some respect please, Ramos won us La Decima.

Also what is it with Madrid captains bowing out disgracefully? Raul didn't cover himself in glory and Hierro was atrocious in his final season. Even worse than Leaker is now. Then when Flo got rid o him people started going on about how he was needed lol. Dat nostalgia.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:44 pm

That you would rather other keepers when they were in their prime is OK. I just wanted to make sure you are not saying he was a scrub career wise because in his prime he was damn good. Now he is rubbish we know that
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:47 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:That you would rather other keepers when they were in their prime is OK. I just wanted to make sure you are not saying he was a scrub career wise because in his prime he was damn good. Now he is rubbish we know that

O he wasn't a scrub. I just think he is a bit ovverated. That is all. Career wise he is probably the most decorated Gk in history tbh.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:48 pm

Our locker room has a recent history of player power, they learn from one another and i know it will happen with Ramos too. He is playing shit most of the time nowadays anyway... He will forever leverage that decima to keep his place even when he is rubbish. Look how he is asking for 10 mil net right now ffs. Perez needs to get rid of them all
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:56 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Our locker room has a recent history of player power, they learn from one another and i know it will happen with Ramos too. He is playing shit most of the time nowadays anyway... He will forever leverage that decima to keep his place even when he is rubbish. Look how he is asking for 10 mil net right now ffs. Perez needs to get rid of them all

Why doesn't he get rid of them? Surely the backlash won't matter. He has consolidated enough power to protect himself.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:04 pm

Perez wants to be loved and approved. And the support for ramos is incredible on Spain... Now Ramos bexause he asking for 13 mil and we said no.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:54 pm

casillas in his prime was NOT overrated, the guy at least 3 seasons when he was madrid's best or second best player. forget about his ability to keep us in the tie, with the pathetic defense we had between 04-2009, there were times we could have lost by 10 (i'm not exaggerating) if not for iker. he has passed his peak now, but that happens to every player, its even tougher for goalies cos they just have to live with it...a striker passes his peak, based on his other attributes, a coach can decide to play him in midfield, like capello did when he played raul on the right in 06/07; an attacking midfielder sometimes can be played in a withdrawn role, or come off the bench. a goalie doesn't enjoy such luxury of being a sub, or playing another role, so they find it even more difficult to throw in the towel....its a pride thing, nothing wrong with that. and when you've been a key factor in wins like iker has, its even harder to give it all up.

the man has given his all, and its time to move on, but his positive contributions far far far outweigh any of the negatives and all the bullshit that have happened in the past 3 seasons. he's an athlete, most if not all of them, have peaks and depreciate, to hold their twilight years against them and devalue all they've done for a large portion of their careers is tacky....smh, i remember when fans at the san siro whistled maldini on his last game. the guy's old he's not 25 anymore, get over it, let him at least leave in peace, and salute the one who's taking over
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:58 pm

and btw, zidane's volley in the 02 final in glasgow would have meant nothing if not for iker, he came in as a sub and made three saves from close range to deny leverkusen. this "underrated" "overrated" talk has gotten out of hand. nowadays i bet there's a post on the internet somewhere of someone calling magic johnson/ larry bird overrated
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:08 pm

titosantill wrote:and btw, zidane's volley in the 02 final in glasgow would have  meant nothing if not for iker, he came in as a sub and made three saves from close range to deny leverkusen. this "underrated" "overrated" talk has gotten out of hand. nowadays i bet there's a post on the internet somewhere of someone calling magic johnson/ larry bird overrated

I hope he gets booed out of Madrid (:
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:39 pm

Iker can hold his head very much high with any of the great keepers being mentioned here. What exactly have they accomplished that Iker hasn't? Really, honestly can't understand where the overrated tagline came from. But at least Jibster explained himself decently.

Also, you gotta be a proper Madrid fan to understand how our legends, from Di Stefano to, well, Iker have serious issues in letting go especially after their form and usefulness have long left them. Even more sad is how the club and the fans, myself included, tend to be quite harsh in the way they both carry about their duties. Though one can argue it wouldn't have come to this if the player bowed out at the right time.

I don't blame Iker for using his influence to continue staying but he should have known this was gonna happen.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:54 pm

good point doc, but footballers who have been playing at top level for ten plus years, hell, not even footballers athletes, can hardly assess when the "right time" is. unless they are physically incapable of continuing they love to play on, and i don't consider that a fault, it just is what it is. even teachers, firemen, police men, they find it hard to say "okay i'll retire now". most importantly, besides physical incapability, when someone is clearly the NEXT guy, its easier to let go...raul was never gonna leave if the guy who was to take his spot was baptista, michael owen, or cassano: his argument would have been "i may be shit now, but i'm better and more committed than all those guys, even though i can't run a mile", and any coach or fan might probably agree. he bowed out when two hungry beats in higuain and benzema were on the rise

butragueno, who i was fortunate to see, would never have left if it was some pretender taking his spot. and though this is a testy issue, iker not leaving for diego lopez to have that slot was the right thing to do....i'd rather someone who is big time replace him, not someone who's similar in age, and can be out of form tomorrow. even iker knows that politics won't hold with de gea; its cool to pass the torch, but imo you pass the torch when you can admit to yourself, "that guy is NEXT, he's the successor", you don't pass the torch just cos you want to be a nice guy and politically correct, and end up giving david moyes the key to the city

titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:58 pm

A big problem with how the leaving is handled, is that our players never want to leave, so we never really get a farewell season like Xavi got this season. If Iker leaves without one last game at the Bernabeu as a Madrid player and charity etc. it would be a shame. A great legend for us, but his time is over and needs to go.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:12 pm

The good Doctor tells a cautionary tale...

http://www.espnfc.com/club/real-madrid/86/blog/post/2488489/real-madrid-saga-iker-casillas-keylor-navas-david-de-gea

Sid Lowe wrote:Thursday night's game was another example and a reminder that this cannot continue. Both sides have their own power and stalemate has made this a war of attrition and absurd. The seemingly unsustainable has been sustained for longer than anyone imagined. Both Lopez and Navas came to replace him; both made cases to do so, but neither was able to. Madrid sought to encourage their captain to depart but did not appear to have the courage to actually tell him to. Signing De Gea is not just signing a superb goalkeeper, it is also a way of making that message more clearly.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next